Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2019, 11:30   #691
BHPian

Re: Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh

The repeated change in delivery timeline is a cause for concern. But....

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
I am no fan of RE but few things to mention.
B) Jawa is getting this treatment because neither they are established brand not they have a history to be looked upon. I hope you know that the shop which downed shutter earlier was a different entity and current one have zero relation to them & is as good as any startup.
Jawa is not an established brand, & no history?! Seriously?!! It's OK that you are not RE fan. But it's clear you are not a Jawa fan either.

This thread title itself says 'Mahindra is bringing Jawa back' - obviously the company is not just 'any startup'. It's got reliable backing. Jawa & Mahindra are the names of respect in auto industry. I would rather wait N watch than belittle them.

Please go through Anand Mahindra's interview during Jawa launch. https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/66650709.cms It also explains about Boman Irani of Rustomjee Group & the relation with Jawa authenticity.
viggienomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 12:55   #692
Distinguished - BHPian

So its nearly 6 months (18th Nov booking) since my Jawa 42 booking, and I am yet to see any visibility of the bike delivery or even any intimation/potential dates. Even my other friends who had booked in other cities haven't heard anything from their dealers either.

Has any bhpian got his Jawa / Jawa 42 delivery? Except the one below by @ar134, I don't see anyone mentioning they have got a bike delivered; at least I don't see any ownership threads.

Also has any of the motoring sites/agencies reviewed the production bikes? Tried searching but could find only individual-user based reviews online. Any links to reviews (not of the pre-production bikes) by biking experts/motoring agencies/groups would be much appreciated.

Another question - are these bikes only for the domestic scene? I couldn't find any online reviews from UK/EU/other markets. Generally, you find very frank no-BS reviews by these guys as the review/comparison is done with the larger bike set present there than just the ones in the Indian market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar134 View Post
I myself saw two batches of 24 and 9 bikes arriving at my dealership within a span of 1 week with my bike being one of them and see no reason why we should speculate that too being armed with half baked information from various sources on the internet as is evident in the last few posts.
Considering you shared this nearly 10 days ago, how's the ownership going? Care to share some pics of your bike and an initial ownership report?
ninjatalli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 13:06   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Considering you shared this nearly 10 days ago, how's the ownership going? Care to share some pics of your bike and an initial ownership report?
My bike is ready for delivery post RTO formalities but unfortunately I am out of station on official tour. I will post pics shortly and reply to any specific queries you may have as finding time and energy for a full-fledged ownership report may not be feasible in the foreseeable near future.

An update : Centre stand is a paid accessory and costs Rs 1764 , I reconfirmed the same form my contacts in Jawa Corporate office as I had assumed it's a free accessory like saree guard, side-stand and normal mirrors. I have price list of all accessories and have finalized grab rail (Rs 999), black crash guard (Rs 1499, chrome variant at Rs1599) and backrest with carrier (Rs 999) for my bike but my dealer is expected to get stock of these only by end of May.

Last edited by ar134 : 14th May 2019 at 13:13.
Old 14th May 2019, 14:53   #694
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My bike is ready for delivery post RTO formalities but unfortunately I am out of station on official tour.
That is very surprising and maybe hard to believe - you are either one very well connected person or just very lucky to get a decent dealer who's ready to provide that much time for you and keep the vehicle till you are back. The dealers I (and friends) have interacted are hardly able to tell us about our delivery giving different timelines every time, forget going the extra mile.

Do you mind sharing your booking # and date of booking?

Coz even on xbhp Java thread, several members who had booked on day 1 have gone ahead and canceled their booking after more than 5+ months of waiting without any visibility. Also, I see similar posts on twitter and FB (refer to the links shared at this Rushlane post)

Quote:
I will post pics shortly and reply to any specific queries you may have as finding time and energy for a full-fledged ownership report may not be feasible in the foreseeable near future.
Honestly, due to the lack of proper authoritative reviews of the production bike or clarity of any genuine owners of the bikes, I think a lot of us on this thread would be even happy with a registered pic and initial ride report than a detailed thread.

While the bike (potentially) might be a great product, Mahindra and Jawa Motorcycles have done a crappy job (IMO) in handling this entire facade. I must say Mahindra's PR team is really doing a great job in pulling the plugs on motoring news agencies, or they have literally given it up and focusing on other vehicles/launches. If the sales experience is such, I wonder how the servicing experience is going to be in the years ahead.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 14th May 2019 at 14:59.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 15:55   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
That is very surprising and maybe hard to believe - you are either one very well connected person or just very lucky to get a decent dealer who's ready to provide that much time for you and keep the vehicle till you are back. The dealers I (and friends) have interacted are hardly able to tell us about our delivery giving different timelines every time, forget going the extra mile.

Do you mind sharing your booking # and date of booking?

Honestly, due to the lack of proper authoritative reviews of the production bike or clarity of any genuine owners of the bikes, I think a lot of us on this thread would be even happy with a registered pic and initial ride report than a detailed thread.
I will let the images do the talking for this last post of mine on this thread ! Not that the above post deserved a reply but to uphold the dignity and authenticity of Team-BHP in the eyes of non-member readers, I will do this last bit from my end.

One last point - You or any other person who is sceptical of me or my posts is welcome to visit Synergy, Jawa Basavanagudi, Bengaluru showroom tomorrow in the evening if any further details/queries like number plate etc are yet to be addressed.

Regarding whether I am well connected or I am very lucky, I will leave it to the other BHPians to decide.

P.S : I have dozens of pics of my bike but all except the one I have posted above look like 'being taken' from the internet.

Note to mods: I had to share my travel itinerary to answer the query about whether my dealer really held my bike for that long or was I 'faking' that too :banghead:. . Please feel free to remove if found inappropriate or out of context.

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-img20190501wa0037.jpg

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-screenshot_20190514151617.jpg

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-screenshot_20190514153156.jpg

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-screenshot_20190514153826.jpg

Last edited by ar134 : 14th May 2019 at 16:25.
ar134 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 10:16   #696
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I will let the images do the talking for this last post of mine on this thread !
P.S : I have dozens of pics of my bike but all except the one I have posted above look like 'being taken' from the internet.
Thanks!

And chill out, no conspiracy theories out here - that was a genuine statement over there. None of my current or past dealers (Jawa, RE, VW, Bajaj, Maruti) have gone the extra mile as yours has; it is not uncommon but surprising in the current situation, considering every dealership is being hounded by impatient booking folks. And you mentioned corporate relations hence the "connect" Q. Also a lot of the first lot of delivered bikes has landed up with new-ish Vloggers but hardly any normal owners, so the doubt will always remain.

And my question/request still remains open - due to the lack of proper authoritative reviews of the production bike or clarity of any genuine owners of the bikes, I think a lot of us on this thread would be even happy with a (...) initial ride report than a detailed thread.

Considering you are the only bhpian who has a bike allocated. We'll wait once your trip is done and the bike is in your hands!
ninjatalli is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 13:58   #697
BHPian

Such is the lack of information about the production Jawa and so few of these machines are out there that one of the few owners of the machine is making a killing on YouTube posting on everything from the exhaust sound to the obvious comparison with the RE to the accessories etc.

There is no competition !

Not from other owners (just a handful anyways), nor from the Overdrives and Powerdrifts of the world either.

What a happy situation to be in !

But not a very good situation for folk who have booked and heard nothing from the CL team. Nor can they comfort themselves either with informed opinion about the production Jawa (just so they can confirm they made a good choice and not bought a lemon). They are living in an information vacuum. And indeed so is everyone who is curious about this new exciting entrant into biking stakes. The only reliable information about what's going on is coming out in dribbles in forums like this, from buyers who have been lucky to either get the bike or got a confirmed delivery schedule.

I was one of those who booked the Jawa in its first few days and then canceled the order after having heard nothing from them for 3 months. A customer query I raised on November 18 was replied to in February (well after I canceled my order) !

This is not a Jawa fan club and it is entirely appropriate that there be criticism of Classic Legends behavior with their customers or the public at large.

Last edited by bevivek : 15th May 2019 at 14:01. Reason: Grammar
bevivek is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th May 2019, 13:11   #698
BHPian

Just got a call from my dealer in Siliguri, my Jawa 42 booked on 22nd Nov 2018, is expected in the last week of this month. I have heard that those who booked on 15th and 16th Nov have already got their motor cycles pan India. Those who booked between 17th to 20th Nov will get theirs in the next week as all the bikes are being despatched together. My dealer seems very eager to deliver me the motor cycle as I might be the first in the district. So all of those who have booked the Jawa can take some solace from this information.
maverickrider00 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th May 2019, 14:19   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickrider00 View Post
Just got a call from my dealer in Siliguri, my Jawa 42 booked on 22nd Nov 2018, is expected in the last week of this month. ... My dealer seems very eager to deliver me the motor cycle as I might be the first in the district. .
Great news Maverickrider00.

Remember seeing your detailed walk around which was certainly among the most detailed of the Jawas on this forum.

Look forward to your sharing your ownership and riding experiences on this bike. Hope the production Jawa 42 is all that it promised to be and more.

And a semi-serious hint: If you have a YouTube channel you should cash in on the paucity of shared experiences on the production bike :-) Another owner vlogger has probably recovered the cost of the bike from the views alone !

Last edited by bevivek : 17th May 2019 at 14:22. Reason: Addition
bevivek is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2019, 20:27   #700
BHPian

Is that jawa 42 with single channel ABS ?
power ranger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2019, 11:59   #701
Distinguished - BHPian

For the potential owners in different cities, did the Jawa showrooms allow you to test ride the bikes without a sales person as the pillion? Here in Cochin they are adamant that the sales person is also on the bike and so far there are no plans to change it. That's just poor management decision making, no point in trying to talk to the sales guys to see how the bike feels like when you are riding alone

Anyways, the waiting period is now more than 8 months it seems. I admire the patience of people who have booked and are waiting for so long!
Old 24th May 2019, 12:21   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
For the potential owners in different cities, did the Jawa showrooms allow you to test ride the bikes without a sales person as the pillion? Here in Cochin they are adamant that the sales person is also on the bike and so far there are no plans to change it. That's just poor management decision making, no point in trying to talk to the sales guys to see how the bike feels like when you are riding alone

Anyways, the waiting period is now more than 8 months it seems. I admire the patience of people who have booked and are waiting for so long!
I've had two different experiences here in Hyderabad, when I went to check the 42 for the first time at Secunderabad showroom, a sales person did ride with me as pillion, but at Kukatpally showroom a bike was given to me with no one riding pillion.

I went solo to the Secunderabad showroom, while my Brother-in-law accompanied me when I went to Kukatpally showroom, it was on the eve of Holi and at first they denied us TD stating it was holiday for them, but when we took out our Debit Cards to book two 42s they did provide us TDs and when I rode my BIL was in showroom, vice versa. So, not sure if it is standard practice or the fact that one guy was still with them in the showroom filling out long forms gave them little confidence.

Last edited by tchsvy : 24th May 2019 at 12:23.
tchsvy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 13:52   #703
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks,
I had canceled my Jawa 42 booking last week itself, and got a confirmation sms and email about 4 days later about the refund timelines; this was over the weekend.

However on Monday, I got a call from the Jawa (Adyar) dealer at Chennai regarding my Jawa 42 booking. They were inquiring about the payment and delivery options. I informed them about my cancellation and the call ended thearafter.

Two points - I guess delivery schedules are picking up (my booking was done on 17th Nov) slowly. Also, there doesn't seem to be proper information flow between Jawa Motors and the dealers as seen in my case; so if you are still interested, please follow-up both ends if you can.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 09:14   #704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickrider00 View Post
Just got a call from my dealer in Siliguri, my Jawa 42 booked on 22nd Nov 2018, is expected in the last week of this month.
Quote:
My bike is ready for delivery post RTO formalities but unfortunately I am out of station on official tour.
How goes the delivery/ownership situation at your end, guys? Has either of got your hands on your respective bikes?

If so, please do share an initial report whenever you can!
Old 1st June 2019, 18:45   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post

Not an owner, but the showroom guys in Nagpur had no problems giving us solo test rides. I went there on a Monday afternoon so maybe there was less rush, and I took extensive test rides of both the bikes, around 30-45 minutes on each without them being worried.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks