Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2019, 19:36   #31
BHPian

Re: My Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-i : 7 years of ownership, experiments & ride-break-fix-repeat

I still haven't procured a new headlight.

Transported the bike from Thane to Nagpur via TCI Express and that was a big mistake. Basically I had to get my car (that was flooded, repaired, and needed a long drive) to Nagpur hence chose to send the bike via Transport instead of riding.

Damage: Both rear indicators broke; they had packed the rear end as if the indicators do not exist. Glue marks all over the bike (cheap quality tape?) and the oh-so-common taillight mount breaking finally happened as well.

After calling them to discuss the issues, the reply was bland. The payment was done before sending the bike and hence there was no point in stretching the issues further.

And as for the real reason behind this post, something new has joined the garage! Already done 250kms and a rookie ownership review is WIP, will probably finish it by first service.
VR/46_Chet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 12:59   #32
BHPian

Re: My Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-i : 7 years of ownership, experiments & ride-break-fix-repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR/46_Chet View Post
I still haven't procured a new headlight.
After almost 8 months (that seemed like a really long time), I managed to procure the exact same Yezdi Road King headlight yet again. I had almost lost hope on this one and had decided to do away with a couple of Aux Lights instead. But then, there are a couple of old auto accessory shops in Nagpur that I went to check and to my luck, one of them agreed to get this for me. Picked it up last Saturday and will fix it next week. I'm also trying to procure some sort of risers to raise the handlebar a bit more, let's see.
Attached Thumbnails
My Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-i : 7 years of ownership, experiments & ride-break-fix-repeat-img20200208191259.jpg  

VR/46_Chet is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks