Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2016, 09:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Confirmed: Bajaj-Kawasaki to break sales & service tie-up effective 1st april, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That particular dealership was a standalone Kawasaki outlet, wasn't it? If it was shared with Bajaj, I'd agree. But that wasn't the case.
The Pune, Wakdewadi Bajaj showoom is "SNK Planet Bajaj".
The terminated Kawasaki Mumbai dealership was "SNK Palm Breach"

I guess the owner is the same.

Quote:
You got to be kidding me. For months, Kawasaki wasn't even ready to talk to those who had booked those missing bikes. It's only after our coverage (and other websites following) that Kawasaki stepped in to resolve matters.

While I appreciate them eventually delivering the bikes, they haven't done anyone a favour. They merely gave customers the bikes that they'd paid for. And the only reason they came around is due to the negative publicity. Before that, they were NOT EVEN willing to step into the situation room.

Because there were complaints in other cities too, this shows inherent mismanagement in how Kawasaki manages its dealers. Trust me, it's an art and most don't get it. I'll always be optimistic for the sake of Kawasaki bike owners, but the incident you quote is hardly a boost. In fact, its quite the opposite.
I am guessing Kawasaki India arranged for deliveries of bikes for which it did not receive payment (the bookings were done at the dealership, so probably they'll have to get it from SNK Palm Beach after a legal battle)...

.. so I guess its only fair to appreciate what India Kawasaki Motors has done.

Last edited by payeng : 17th November 2016 at 09:57.
payeng is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 09:56   #17
BHPian

re: Confirmed: Bajaj-Kawasaki to break sales & service tie-up effective 1st april, 2017

Quote:
It's only after our coverage (and other websites following) that Kawasaki stepped in to resolve matters.
I agree with you GTO, fully. What I really meant was that in the end IKM somehow managed the chaos and closed the pending deals in spite of not getting any money from the dealership, they managed to save their image, which indicates they care and want to continue strong in the Indian market

Last edited by Siddy : 17th November 2016 at 10:10.
Old 17th November 2016, 10:24   #18
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
The Pune, Wakdewadi Bajaj showoom is "SNK Planet Bajaj".
The terminated Kawasaki Mumbai dealership was "SNK Palm Breach"

I guess the owner is the same.
The Pune Kawasaki Wakdewadi showroom was owned/managed by the SNK group.

Later after many complaints, the ownership was changed to Khivraj Motors (only for the 800cc+ Kawasaki's). The staff, more or less, remained the same though.

The KTM and Bajaj dealerships at Wakdewadi remained with SNK though.

Now, Khivraj has opened a new showroom at Koregaon Park and the Wakdewadi Kawasaki exclusive showroom has been shut down.
Old 22nd December 2016, 11:34   #19
BHPian

Any updates on this news from sources?

I am waiting with bated breath on what will happen to the service. I have already started scouting for independent mechanics who service other super bikes. But spares are an issue, here in Ahmedabad they do not give us spares over the counter, unlike Pune where you can buy them.

I am moving to Jodhpur soon and if the service is shifted to Kawasaki exclusive showrooms then its a trip to Jaipur and back for me every time the bike needs a service.

Its going to be a pain to plan these services, the ride though is welcome.
Old 22nd December 2016, 11:53   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is Kawasaki capable of taking care of its own dealers? After seeing this horror story and their awfully shoddy responses, I have my doubts
Even forgetting the horror story these customers faced, I can't help but agree with you that Kawasaki offers one of the worst sales experiences among all the premium bike brands available in India. I recently went shopping (and finally even bought a Kawasaki) to all these big brand outlets including Harley Davidson, Ducati, Kawasaki, Benelli, Honda, Triumph etc, and the two Japanese brands were too poor in comparison to the others. I've hear similar stories about the other two Japanese brands - Suzuki and Yamaha as well. A typical "Our products speaks for itself, take it if you want" attitude.

While Kawasaki fares better than the other Jap brands by having their own dedicated sales outlets for premium bikes, the biggest issue is that they don't offer proper test drives of their bikes. While this would still work in segments where competition is minimal, I don't know why any of the prospective customers of their flagship products would proceed to buy from them, only judging their purchase decision on international reviews.

That said, they still have a very big first-mover advantage as being the only dedicated Japanese brand around.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd December 2016 at 11:55.
Old 28th December 2016, 15:23   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post

I am waiting with bated breath on what will happen to the service. I have already started scouting for independent mechanics who service other super bikes. But spares are an issue, here in Ahmedabad they do not give us spares over the counter, unlike Pune where you can buy them.

I am moving to Jodhpur soon and if the service is shifted to Kawasaki exclusive showrooms then its a trip to Jaipur and back for me every time the bike needs a service.

Its going to be a pain to plan these services, the ride though is welcome.
From What i have Heard Kawasaki is going to be around. They would soon establishing their own network of fresh dealers who are not linked through their earlier Bajaj connection. They were also displaying the W 800 at some showrooms to see if people are liking the Retro looking bike or not. i think they are here to stay...
Old 28th December 2016, 22:02   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You got to be kidding me. For months, Kawasaki wasn't even ready to talk to those who had booked those missing bikes. It's only after our coverage (and other websites following) that Kawasaki stepped in to resolve matters.
And you forgot the statement they made?

Bajaj-Kawasaki to break sales & service tie-up from April 2017-kawasaki-india-statement.jpeg

Whose responsibility it was, if not of Kawasaki India?

I go to xyz SVC to get my car/bike repaired and something goes wrong, who is liable? That specific ASC? Maybe, but whom do I address my grievance to? Who is supposed to take responsibility here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
.. so I guess its only fair to appreciate what India Kawasaki Motors has done.
Sir, these kind of comments is expected from you, for whatever maybe the reason, you are active only on Bajaj/Kawasaki specific threads, so appreciation towards them is understandable.
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 08:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Sir, these kind of comments is expected from you, for whatever maybe the reason, you are active only on Bajaj/Kawasaki specific threads, so appreciation towards them is understandable.
I believe this particular statement of yours qualifies as "Personal Attack".

It was in Bad Taste Sir
Old 30th December 2016, 11:46   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
I had been to a couple of reputed KTM/Kawasaki ASCs in Pune.

Their Key Technicians stated that - "The news is confirmed". But, from when it is not confirmed.

Kawasaki will be splitting from the existing KTM/Kawasaki ASC set-up to their new exclusive showroom and after sales/service set-up.

I just hope they setup multiple ASCs in Pune before splitting. *Fingers crossed*.

Cheers,
Amey
Old 11th January 2017, 14:17   #25
BHPian

So the news is confirmed from what members report above.

The Ahmedabad Probiking ASC did not know anything about the split as usual (they are the least informed). I had to tell them about the news and they were a bit shocked.

There may be teething issues expected in servicing Ninja 650s and 300s initially. Hope their training is done properly.
Old 11th January 2017, 14:23   #26
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

The Pune Kawasaki dealership ASM is pretty sure the split will take place in a month's time from now.

During our discussion couple of days back, the ASM confirmed that all Kawasaki motorcycles from the Z250 to the H2R will be sold and serviced solely from the Khivraj Kawasaki Koregaon Park dealership only. As per him, this will come into effect in roughly a month's time.
Old 11th January 2017, 15:26   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

It is a pretty simple arrangement down here

KTM A.S.S will provide service till the new Kawasaki dealership is set-up or is ready to take up servicing of the CKD/CBU units

During one of my conversations ( I or he casually call each other often) with head of KTM/Kawasaki dealerships here and when asked about this situation, his simple quote " We cannot leave any customer in the lurch and will service them till the Kawasaki outlet is up and running to take care of service on their own"

This was just an reassurance for me as I always knew that relationships go a long way irrespective of work that needs to be done

So I'm good
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 18:26   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

This was just an reassurance for me as I always knew that relationships go a long way irrespective of work that needs to be done

So I'm good
Thanks for this info. But the Probiking service experience has been really bad here in Ahmedabad and I don't expect anything from the Kawasaki outlet as well with regard to the technicians skills.
Old 26th March 2017, 09:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

Saw this confirmation news on Hindu and also in India live website today. The split is officially confirmed and will be effective from April 1st. Sales and service of the kawasaki motorcycles will be done by the Indian arm of the Japanese giant.

More news and info from India Live.

Link : http://www.indialivetoday.com/kawasa...ip/139865.html

P.S : Mods, I think the thread name should be changed from Rumour to Confirmed.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 26th March 2017 at 09:40.
Old 27th March 2017, 11:45   #30
BHPian

Re: Bajaj-Kawasaki to break sales & service tie-up from April 2017

Yup. Confirmed.

http://kawasaki-india.com/2017/03/25...-april-1-2017/

• With effect from April 1, 2017, Kawasaki motorcycles shall be sold, and the after-sales service shall be provided, by the own dealer network of India Kawasaki Motors Pvt. Ltd. (“IKM”) in India.
  • Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. and Bajaj will continue to maintain their cooperative relationship across the rest of the world for current and future businesses.
  • As per Kawasaki, those who have purchased a Kawasaki motorcycle before April 1, 2017 shall also be provided with the same level of after-sales service as shall be provided to those customers who purchase Kawasaki motorcycles after April 1, 2017.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks