Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2016, 15:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda CBR 250R Repsol Racing Replica Edition - bookings open!

Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) has started accepting bookings for two limited edition versions of the CBR 250R. Called the Repsol Honda Racing Replica Limited Edition, the new versions will be available in two variants - Marc Marquez 93 and Dani Pedrosa 26 - named after Honda's riders in MotoGP.

Inspired by the RC213V race bike, the bikes get a new paint scheme, along with body graphics. It also adorns livery badges and the race numbers of Marc Marquez (93) and Dani Pedrosa (26).

The CBR 250R is powered by a 250 cc, single cylinder, DOHC engine that delivers 26 BHP and 22.9 Nm of torque @ 7,000 rpm. The bike now complies with Euro-IV emission norms and comes with an O2 sensor and catalytic converter. It is also equipped with combined anti-lock braking system (C-ABS).

The limited edition bikes have been introduced to celebrate Honda's win in the 2016 MotoGP season. The automaker has managed to win the Constructors title, while Marc Marquez has been named the 2016 MotoGP World Champion after securing 12 podium finishes and 5 pole positions.

Honda CBR 250R Repsol Racing Replica Edition - bookings open!-unnamed.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 16th November 2016 at 15:44.
dZired is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 16:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R Repsol Racing Replica Edition - bookings open!

Another REPSOL edition.

As much as I love this bike, it's too long in the tooth now. Honda needs to get the 300 here. But before that, they need to ask every Honda dealer to behave themselves. Be it a prospective buyers for an Activa or a shine or a CBR they need to behave themselves. A few months back when I was seriously considering the overpriced CBR 250R I had a horrible experience at my wings honda in Pune. Very rude and arrogant staff.

In 2012, I was in love with this bike for its touring capabilities. Now in 2016 nothing has changed apart from colours. I hope Honda brings in something new for the Indian market in this segment.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 19:15   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Are people at Honda serious? really?

I own a pre-owned 2010 Honda CBR250R, which i bought this february. The bike has no USP in today's competition. When it was launched, it was the most comfortable, powerful (except Ninja 250R) and good looking bike within 2 lakhs budget. Now, even the 200cc motorcylces like Pulsar 200NS, Duke 200 match CBR250R's performance, & Mojo 300, Himalayan and Bullet 500 are equally comfortable on long trips.

Sad that HSMIL thinks that a sticker job is going to make a difference. I agree with the sad truth about arrogant nature of all Honda dealers. In this age, a new Honda CBR250R feels grossly overpriced.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 21:16   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Are people at Honda serious? really?

I own a pre-owned 2010 Honda CBR250R, which i bought this february. The bike has no USP in today's competition. When it was launched, it was the most comfortable, powerful (except Ninja 250R) and good looking bike within 2 lakhs budget. Now, even the 200cc motorcylces like Pulsar 200NS, Duke 200 match CBR250R's performance, & Mojo 300, Himalayan and Bullet 500 are equally comfortable on long trips.

Sad that HSMIL thinks that a sticker job is going to make a difference. I agree with the sad truth about arrogant nature of all Honda dealers. In this age, a new Honda CBR250R feels grossly overpriced.
Frankly, even I have the CBR 250R Repsol edition (pre-owned) from 2015 and I still feel this bike is lot better than most of the bikes that you have mentioned. Specially the Mojo 300 - I have moved from that bike to CBR250.

Though I do agree that Honda needs to find a replacement for this bike soon to keep people interested or they will just lose the game here.

With so many bikes being launched in India during 2017, I am sure Honda will have hard times selling the CBR.
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 22:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Frankly, even I have the CBR 250R Repsol edition (pre-owned) from 2015 and I still feel this bike is lot better than most of the bikes that you have mentioned. Specially the Mojo 300 - I have moved from that bike to CBR250.

Though I do agree that Honda needs to find a replacement for this bike soon to keep people interested or they will just lose the game here.

With so many bikes being launched in India during 2017, I am sure Honda will have hard times selling the CBR.
Honda seems to think that this is a masterpiece which does not need any improvement except in decals.

The market ignores them - even in end 2015, it sold ~400 units/month while the KTMs sold 20x as more. Meanwhile the KTM has had dozens of improvements in the 2016MY and now 2017 MY units. Honda? BRAND NEW REPSOL DECALS! Seriously?

Honda thinks that every product should be sold like the Activa - create once, sell for dozens of years just by changing decals. Arghhhhhh.

PS: Mods. sorry - I know caps= shouting but I wish there was some way to wake HMSI out of their stupor and prevent them from killing a wonderful motorcycle totally.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th November 2016 at 11:29. Reason: Removing extra emoticon.
phamilyman is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 23:20   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
The market ignores them - even in end 2015, it sold ~400 units/month while the KTMs sold 20x as more. Meanwhile the KTM has had dozens of improvements in the 2016MY and now 2017 MY units. Honda? BRAND NEW REPSOL DECALS! Seriously?

Honda thinks that every product should be sold like the Activa - create once, sell for dozens of years just by changing decals. Arghhhhhh.
I agree to the fact that KTMs are the best bikes around. They have upgraded their bikes every year and the 2017 version is a drool maal. I am waiting to see the bikes in person and might even pick up the Duke 390 2017 (if I don't upgrade to the Kawa N650 2017). The Track days which KTM organizes ( I think they call it Orange Day) really helps customers appreciate the little machinery that they own. Honda does nothing of that sort.

Wake Up Honda, you had a good bike in CBR, but its now too long and you seriously need to provide an upgrade to the Indian masses.
kailashnj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2016, 09:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wake Up Honda, you had a good bike in CBR, but its now too long and you seriously need to provide an upgrade to the Indian masses.
KTM activities are crazy. From day one, Honda hasn't given a damn. I don't want to be molly coddled or get a penny free - but just like EVERYONE (Orange day, KTM long rides, Kawa group rides, RiderMania, gang of dusters, SOUL, etc) in the auto industry, they should know that organizing events for their premier customers only results in free word of mouth advertising and good PR.

They should fire the entire HMSI automotive marketing team. This isn't rocket science. Heck, even Royal Enfield is light years ahead of them.

That said, I've heard enough niggles with the KTM to be happy with my CBR choice for years. This is pretty much a fill it, shut it, forget it bike!
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2016, 16:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
KTM activities are crazy
Quote:
Kawa group rides
Quote:
RiderMania
This is because...

Quote:
That said, I've heard enough niggles with the KTM to be happy with my CBR choice for years. This is pretty much a fill it, shut it, forget it bike!
of the above!!

It's the difference between a group of team saying "My bike is the best" versus the product saying "I'm the best"
Old 19th November 2016, 23:00   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Indonesia gets the new 250 RR and we get a sticker job. The management has already told that they are not getting this to india.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/2017-honda...onesia-1433750

I also want to smoke the same weed that Honda management is smoking today, it must be of the best quality.

PS: The new one looks so awesome, though not a direct replacement for the 250R. Honda seems to just not take the indian market too seriously, never got the 300 too. Guess the consumer should reciprocate in a similar manner.

Last edited by AtheK : 19th November 2016 at 23:23.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 18:54   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
PS: The new one looks so awesome, though not a direct replacement for the 250R. Honda seems to just not take the indian market too seriously, never got the 300 too. Guess the consumer should reciprocate in a similar manner.
Indian market is very price sensitive and that's probably the only reason they are not getting the 250RR to India. That said, if the Ninja 300 and R3 can be sold at nearly 4 lakhs, I am sure if the Honda is launched in India, it can be easily sold for 3 lakhs.

You are right when you are saying that Honda is not taking the Indian marked seriously. Why should it? They are happy selling the activas and the Dios in our market and take away lot of profit. This is very much evident in their sales numbers for CBR250R.
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 19:26   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its already feeling the heat.

The Average Monthy numbers (published by SIAM) for the CBR250R in this current fiscal year (Apr 2016 - Oct 2016) is just 187 Bikes Per Month.

Last edited by payeng : 25th November 2016 at 19:29.
Old 25th November 2016, 21:43   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Indian market is very price sensitive and that's probably the only reason they are not getting the 250RR to India. That said, if the Ninja 300 and R3 can be sold at nearly 4 lakhs, I am sure if the Honda is launched in India, it can be easily sold for 3 lakhs.

You are right when you are saying that Honda is not taking the Indian marked seriously. Why should it? They are happy selling the activas and the Dios in our market and take away lot of profit. This is very much evident in their sales numbers for CBR250R.
True that, and in the end with so many options for indian bikers being made available, it is Honda's loss. Don't think with choice like KTM, Yamaha R3, Benelli and Beemer coming with G310 we are missing choices. You have decent choices of bike starting from around 1.5 lacs to 5 lacs. Even looking at indian side we have Mojo, Pulsar's, Apache RTR and upcoming Akula, we are spoilt for choices. I hope Gixxer 250 also makes it to india.

Congrats to Honda to develop a good product, no one is gonna miss them here.
Old 4th April 2017, 19:33   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post

The CBR 250R is powered by a 250 cc, single cylinder, DOHC engine that delivers 26 BHP and 22.9 Nm of torque @ 7,000 rpm. The bike now complies with Euro-IV emission norms and comes with an O2 sensor and catalytic converter. It is also equipped with combined anti-lock braking system (C-ABS).
I recently booked a CBR repsol ABS version. The original post mentions the limited edition variants are Euro - IV compliant ( I believe this is also BS IV).
The 9th and 10th characters on the VIN of my vehicle is B(Feb) and H (2017). If Honda could launch a BSIV CBR in December why did they stop with the limited edition and did not continue from there on.
When I enquired the same with the dealer, he said this limited edition is just limited to the Stickers and no other mechanical changes. Also I did not find this information on Honda website or in any other forums.
Could someone confirm this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks