Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2016, 12:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

New colours for the Royal Enfield Classic in 2017

Royal Enfield is releasing new colors for the classic 350/500 cc range in 2017. New colors include Red, Blue and Green. These will be only for the fuel tank while the rest of the body will be in black.

Image below :

New colours for the Royal Enfield Classic in 2017-red-re.jpg

New colours for the Royal Enfield Classic in 2017-spy-pic-red.jpg

Source : Motoroids
Link : New Colors - RE

P.S : Mods, please merge with existing thread if already exists
TorqueyTechie is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 13:43   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: New colours for the Royal Enfield Classic in 2017

Taking a cue from Maruti Suzuki, are we?

Some new colors every year.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3883048
libranof1987 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 15:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Taking a cue from Maruti Suzuki, are we?

Some new colors every year.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3883048
All a ploy for the company to keep the consumers interested until they come up with some new product! And cosmetic changes is the least time consuming one. But its much better than the sticker-ed job from Maruti and calling them as sport or something similar.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 16:36   #4

Bike Advice calls it "Poppins" color

http://bikeadvice.in/2017-royal-enfi...ppins-colours/

I really admired the classic series when it was launched. Unfortunately they were sold like commuter bikes. If one can observe, most of the RE's that you see these days are ridiculously modified black CL350s.

Now that RE themselves have gone ahead with "Poppins" color, the once retro looking macho and mature bike is increasingly becoming an 18yr olds first funky college commuter!
KA09_BIKER_GPER is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 17:48   #5
BHPian

Re: New colors for Royal Enfield Classic in 2017

They should really put their efforts on improving the quality of their products rather than coming up with unappealing paint job, IMHO. With the brilliant initial Dominar reviews, RE would not have time to think what hit them.

Peace!
drive_angry is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 21:37   #6
BHPian

Re: New colours for the Royal Enfield Classic in 2017

With the addition of new color options, I dont know how far RE will hide behind all these cosmetic updates rather than focussing on keeping reliability issues at bay. In terms of technological advancements RE has not kept pace, despite its cult and niche following. Despite all of this I am still interested in getting my hands on a CL350 or a TB350 and I am seriously hoping that 2017 will bring excellent product from their Chennai plant.
MDED is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 12:08   #7
BHPian

Possibly the lack of technological refinement is what sells in this segment. I guess the youth are kinda fed up with the ultra reliable jap commuter bikes and for some its the mid age crisis. I know of many friends in the 40 to 50 age group who have bought or are planning to buy a 'Bullet'. Most of them have 2 or more cars. This unreliable mechanical, traditional,biggie from the past has its merits.
rxpaul is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 17:33   #8
BHPian

With time, the 350 classic has quite simply become the most boring RE to look at. This is a strictly personal and subjective opinion, but I'm a bit surprised at how fast this design has gone southward in terms of pure visual appeal. Maybe so many of these visible on roads are to blame. Wouldn't mind a few poppin colored ones on the road just to break the monotony

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
They should really put their efforts on improving the quality of their products rather than coming up with unappealing paint job, IMHO. With the brilliant initial Dominar reviews, RE would not have time to think what hit them.
If I may humbly say so; Dominar et all wont be a patch on their sales. No amount of technological prowess or VFM tag will be strong enough to pull 'most' prospective RE buyers. And I'm no fanboy, in fact strongly inclined to sell off my RE and get the Dominar. But I know for sure I'll be an exception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul View Post
Possibly the lack of technological refinement is what sells in this segment. I guess the youth are kinda fed up with the ultra reliable jap commuter bikes and for some its the mid age crisis. I know of many friends in the 40 to 50 age group who have bought or are planning to buy a 'Bullet'. Most of them have 2 or more cars. This unreliable mechanical, traditional,biggie from the past has its merits.
And here's the reason why. Nicely summed up.
Old 3rd January 2017, 05:22   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Offering a few different colors is nice. Nothing really drastic or costly but it will allow people to own something that stands out in a crowd and own something a bit more personalized.

Speaking only for myself, I like the fact that Royal Enfield has refrained from getting on the bandwagon and sheathing their motorcycle in plastic or adding glitzy bodywork.

The RE's engine stands proud, for all to see rather than hiding behind plastic panels.

On the rare times my fuel injected 500 needs attention (such as changing the spark plug, the oil or the oil filter) everything is easy to get at making short work of the task.

IMO, this is far better than the crotch rockets which can require over 30 minutes to just remove all of the plastic body panels and that is before any work can start. Then, when the task is finished, it takes another 1/2 hour to put the plastic work back in place.

Working on one of these modern plastic clad bikes only gets worse after the plastic is removed.
The engines are not only ugly but there is often almost no room to get at simple parts like the spark plug(s) or oil filter to fix or replace them.

Three cheers for Royal Enfield's "antiquated" motorcycles designs.
ArizonaJim is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 09:01   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul View Post
This unreliable mechanical, traditional,biggie from the past has its merits.
Had to ask this. Could you share your experience w.r.t the unreliable quotient of the 350 UCE?

I own a 2010 CL350.

It is quite weak on the electricals. However the engine is extremely reliable if taken care of and even a little bit abuse friendly.

I find it far easier to maintain the CL350 than say the Pulsar I have. OEM spare parts are available off the shelf in plenty. Even the RE service centers have no qualms in giving over the counter the spare parts I wish to have, unlike a few other players in the market. Also there are plenty of shops out there who sell genuine spares.

Today if I'm inclined towards maintaining the bike myself by using OEM parts, then I can't think of any other offering in the market. Again conclusion drawn from personal experience.

Also though not advertised, RE is for sure putting in some effort in improving the quality (is the quantum enough is a point for discussion). How do I know this? Coz when I check for spares for my bike, am told that there are at least 3-4 iterations available from what I have. E.g. the electrical wiring loom is different along with the starter assembly.

And no wonder, I find the electrical assembly for the current generation far improved from the version I have.

Last edited by vinjosep : 3rd January 2017 at 09:08.
vinjosep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 22:30   #11
BHPian

Today after office hours I headed to company outlet at Besant Avenue Road, Besant Nagar, Chennai and TD TB350 and CL350 and saw the staff of the showroom bring funny looking colors of New Classic 350 cc 2017 model.
Attached Thumbnails
New colours for the Royal Enfield Classic in 2017-img20170105wa0007.jpg  

New colours for the Royal Enfield Classic in 2017-img20170105wa0006.jpg  

MDED is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 13:38   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Big thanks to Srinivas Gandhi & Sarthak Singh for sharing!

Quote:
There will be two new colors in the Royal Enfield stable. Steel Grey in the Classic 350 series and Black in the 500 Series. Attaching the pics.
New colours for the Royal Enfield Classic in 2017-img20170902wa0011.jpg

New colours for the Royal Enfield Classic in 2017-img20170902wa0010.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 4th September 2017 at 17:10.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 20:47   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Big thanks to Srinivas Gandhi & Sarthak Singh for sharing!
I've been considering buying the classic 350 for the last couple of months but the rear drum has been a thorn in my side since my first test ride last month. I was about to ask the showroom guys if the rear disc and swingarm from the thunderbird could be transplanted onto the C350. Then I read GTO's post and it seems that someone at RE has a wee bit of common sense.
I've been in touch with the RE brand store in Jayanagar, BLR and they have promised to let me know as soon as bookings open for the new model. They are expecting the bike "by end of the month" and I'm willing to wait it out.
Ideally ABS would have been part of the package but I'm not willing to wait for that long. Let's see how this pans out.
Old 16th September 2017, 07:40   #14
BHPian

Does anybody has any idea if these swing arm and disk brake can be retrofitted in the earlier models?
Old 16th September 2017, 20:56   #15
BHPian

Few pics of Classic 350, Steel Grey variant.
Attached Thumbnails
New colours for the Royal Enfield Classic in 2017-1.jpg  

New colours for the Royal Enfield Classic in 2017-2.jpg  

New colours for the Royal Enfield Classic in 2017-3.jpg  

New colours for the Royal Enfield Classic in 2017-4.jpg  

New colours for the Royal Enfield Classic in 2017-4_2.jpg  

New colours for the Royal Enfield Classic in 2017-4_3.jpg  

New colours for the Royal Enfield Classic in 2017-5.jpg  

New colours for the Royal Enfield Classic in 2017-6.jpg  

New colours for the Royal Enfield Classic in 2017-7.jpg  

Last edited by Scorpion 10 : 16th September 2017 at 20:57.
Scorpion 10 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks