Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2018, 08:39   #136
BHPian

re: My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
In Bangalore, there is a crackdown on Sticker number plates. My friends have shelled out 100 to the cops, every time. How have you managed with yours? Just curious
@Sebring - Due to same reasons(police crackdown on vehicles without front number plates), I got the front number plates installed in Dec'17. You are looking at the old picture.

You can see the number plate in picture below:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-front.jpg

I'd also mentioned it my this thread in post # 107 covering that point:

Quote:
Service Experience
Requests given:
Install Front Number plate. When I bought I had not opted for front number plate. I had got the number stickered on the front fendor. However, with Bangalore Traffic Police drive against illegal number plates- and stickered numbers on fendor declared as illegal, I was worried of being caught up and fined. So, I opted for this. I feel it is a compromise to the beauty of my Milky Bar- but I will live with it.
Old 5th December 2018, 03:33   #137
BHPian

re: My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!

Could be! This sound or clatter is mostly audible when the engine is cold and is evident when the RPM gets closer to the idling RPM.
I have taken the scooter to the authorized centers a couple of times now but they feel it's all good.
Once earlier, the service center had also replaced the timing chain adjuster bolt and post that the noise disappeared but just for a while and it came back.
Nothing seems to be effected though
Old 17th April 2019, 18:58   #138
BHPian

I just got my brand new Access' first service done at the 40-day mark, with hardly 300 KMS on the odo.

Everything is fine but the trouble is - ever since the 1st service, it SEEMS just a touch less smooth, acceleration seems a tad reduced, and I can feel marginally more vibes at around 30, especially when I let go of the throttle while trundling in traffic.

1st service was a quick, simple affair on the surface however I didn't like a few things like the service center adding some 3M additive to the engine oil which they mentioned is usual practice there.

Are these extra vibes normal, or a result of this additive maybe (especially on a brand-new engine), or something else with maybe some overzealous tightening etc of some nuts/bolts etc by the service guys. OR it maybe nothing at all with just my OCD with mechanical things raising it's head here.

It's a brand new scooter, and overall seems fine, and I don't want to let the ASS guys mess around with it anymore for what is in any case a trivial thing.

Help?
Old 31st August 2019, 23:17   #139
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (12)
Suzuki Access 125 variator rollers

Hi,
can anyone help me please ? I would like to know the size and weight of the original variator roller weights used on the 1st Generation Suzuki Access 125.
I have changed them once to a lighter weight to improve acceleration/pick up/low speed power, as I often ride with my wife and luggage and struggle on long up hill roads.
I am returning to Goa from the U.K. in November where I keep the Suzuki and wish to take a selection with me. I found it very difficult to source any information and parts while in Goa earlier this year.
Thank you. Redex
Redex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2019, 20:36   #140
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Access 125 variator rollers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redex View Post
Hi,
can anyone help me please ? I would like to know the size and weight of the original variator roller weights used on the 1st Generation Suzuki Access 125.
I have changed them once to a lighter weight to improve acceleration/pick up/low speed power, as I often ride with my wife and luggage and struggle on long up hill roads.
I am returning to Goa from the U.K. in November where I keep the Suzuki and wish to take a selection with me. I found it very difficult to source any information and parts while in Goa earlier this year.
Thank you. Redex
Your best bet would be to ask someone to buy one from the suzuki parts store here in goa and have it meausured and weighed. That would be the best and most accurate way.

Regards,
Manoj.
Old 17th September 2019, 16:09   #141
BHPian

Got my 2017 Access serviced after completing 18k kms.

Some views: The clatter during idling which was persistent after so many services and checks turns out again to be the timing-chain adjuster. Replaced it for the the 2nd time now and the clatter is gone.

- The intake and exhaust valves were loose and had to be reset to factory clearances. When the intake manifold was removed, I got a peek into the inlet manifold which leads into the inlet valve and I was shocked to see the amount of gunk and sticky carbon deposits/ build up around the valve seat. Apparently, the service guys claim that this happens to most scooters after about 6-7k kms with fuel being the main culprit. Since I didn't want to remove the valves, a few shots of carb-cleaner and compressed air was used to clean out most of that stuff. Though it still remains in some quantity.

- Clutch was overhauled and the rollers were replaced with new ones. The pulley was cleaned and greased and the belt was inspected.

- Carburetor was thoroughly cleaned with the carb and choke cleaner, dried & reinstalled. I've set it at 2+ turns counter clockwise from 'fully in' position.

- Replaced the plug to the original NGK one. The dealer also has a factory alternate Champion spark plug.

- The front disk caliper was overhauled and the caliper pins were cleaned and greased.

Trying to upload some pictures of the job done.
Crankpin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 15:09   #142
BANNED

Hi,
In the U.K. front number plates were made illegal on motorcycles made after 01 September 2001. It was found that pedestrians were suffering quite serious injuries caused by the number plates !!
You can see how this happens when you look at the front number plate on a 1939 James Autocycle I restored a few years ago. Bikes older than 2001 can display a front number plate but do not have to. The front number plate acted like a large knife, if involved a collision with a pedestrian.
Regards Redex

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-james-01.jpg
Redex is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 15:29   #143
BANNED

Hi,
for those who are interested I have attached a photo of the Autocycle as I found it !! It took 1 year of spare time, had to make a lot of the parts. I bought the saddle, pedals and handle bars while on a trip to India !!! It has a 98cc engine, 1 gear but could reach a speed of 50km/h. I rode this bike for over 3,000 kms without a single breakdown.. Averaged under 3.0 litres per 100 km. Always had a big smile and teeth covered in dead flies.
Regards RedexMy Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-james-03.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redex View Post
Hi,
In the U.K. front number plates were made illegal on motorcycles made after 01 September 2001. It was found that pedestrians were suffering quite serious injuries caused by the number plates !!
You can see how this happens when you look at the front number plate on a 1939 James Autocycle I restored a few years ago. Bikes older than 2001 can display a front number plate but do not have to. The front number plate acted like a large knife, if involved a collision with a pedestrian.
Regards Redex

Attachment 1920284
Redex is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 13:10   #144
BHPian

I am updating my ownership thread after 2 year 3 months ago (last updated in in Dec'18).
The ownership is now 4 years 4 months! I got to update the thread name!

Things happen in life(got blessed with baby girl in Jun'18) and work became hectic (I moved to new department and later got promotion). I had booked a house and moved into my new house in Bellandur (from HSR where I was in a rental flat) just days before lockdown in 2020 and took time to settle down.
Due to this, I had to reprioritize my things and this thread took a backseat. Moreover, due to Covid-19, my Milky Bar hardly put up any KMs as I used my Car(2012 Fiat Linea) for all commute.

Hence did not get time to keep this thread updated. Better Late Than Never!

My Milky Bar has done only 539kms in last 16 months - all thanks to Covid-19 and me using Car for all errands.

Leaving you with latest pictures of My MILKY BAR:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-acces1a.jpg
Above: Front Left View
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-acces2a.jpg
Above: Front Right View
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-accessspeedometer-.jpg
Above: Speedometer. Only 539 KMs in last 16 months!

Summary: Scooter remains as reliable as it can get. No complaints. It is a joy to ride for my errands and was a joy when i used to commute from HSR to Rajajinagar.

Some key updates:
  1. Battery: I had changed to new Battery in Sep'18. However, because of low usage, scooter battery is discharged/low and self-start does not work. But, it starts in 2-3 kicks every 7 days. I am not keen to change battery as I foresee to be low usage for rest of the year and even new battery will get discharged.
  2. Servicing: I did last servicing in Dec'19. So, it is 16 months and 539 KMs since last service. I did not feel any change but got 2 indicators that I should expedite-
    Mileage for last tankful is down to only 30KMPL from regular Avg 42KMPL
    PUC test: I did it few weeks ago and the person also indicated that looks like you have not done servicing as numbers are on higher side.
    Until now, all my servicing has been with Advaith Automation, Basavangudi which gave me excellent service. It is quite far from my place and I used to give for servicing in morning, take metro to WTC OFfice and then pickup in evening. Now that I am WFH, I am not planning to visit them. I will try out 9-Star Suzuki in Sarjapur Road which is nearer to my place.
  3. Insurance: I had forgotten to renew insurance in Dec'19 and renewed it in Oct'20. For this, I had to go to nearby ICICI fuel station and the person had to upload pictures before issuing policy.
  4. Tyre Change: My rear tyre got multiple punctures in Mar'19- each time got hit by a solid nail in the ring road. The tyres had also become a bit bald. So, I went ahead with tyre change for both front and rear wheels even though front wheel had no punctures. I believe in changing tyres as a set.
    The front tyre was not readily available and I had to go after couple of days once it was made availabled. The set was costing around Rs 3400 from what I remember and I got it done in Rs 3000.
    I got the same CEAT tyres as OEM. There were no other options with this dealer and I was not in mood to go around and was okay with CEAT tyres.

Attaching some tyre pictures below:
    My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-access-tyre1.jpg
    Above: New tyre
    My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-access-tyre2.jpg
    Above: New Tyre manufacturing date: 47th week of 2018. At time of fixing, it was 13 weeks (~3 months old)

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-access-tyre3.jpg
    Above: New tyre

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-access-tyreold-vs-new.jpg
    Above: Comparison of old rear tyre vs new rear tyre

I will leave you with some pics which summary till date running costs, servicing costs.

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-access-ownership-summary.jpg
Above: Cost summary since I bought the scooter in Dec'16

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-access-service-summary.jpg
Above: Service History

While I am am lurker, I am not much active in putting posts. So, putting stats for this thread as well as it is indicative of my activity in team bhp!
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-thanks-received.jpg
Above: Stats of this thread

Thank you fellow BHPians for your positive vibes and interest.

I continue to enjoy my Milky Bar and I will try to be more regular with updates going forward!
daretodream is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 21:31   #145
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!

Planning to change the engine oil myself at home for my Suzuki Access 125 2018. Also wanted to change the gear oil. The manual says the same engine oil 10W 30 is to be used as gear oil (50 ml). If you search the net, lot of people recommend using 80w-90 Gear oil. Can someone please share your thoughts
Old 23rd April 2021, 23:39   #146
BHPian

Re: My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Planning to change the engine oil myself at home for my Suzuki Access 125 2018. Also wanted to change the gear oil. The manual says the same engine oil 10W 30 is to be used as gear oil (50 ml). If you search the net, lot of people recommend using 80w-90 Gear oil. Can someone please share your thoughts
I cannot provide comment on other grades of engine oils.
I have always done servicing at Suzuki Authorized Service center who use Suzuki recommended Oil :10W-30
daretodream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 08:31   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretodream View Post
I cannot provide comment on other grades of engine oils.
I have always done servicing at Suzuki Authorized Service center who use Suzuki recommended Oil :10W-30
Planning to do that as well. But are you sure they use the same 10W 30?
Old 24th April 2021, 10:53   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Planning to do that as well. But are you sure they use the same 10W 30?
My neighborhood garage does that-800ml into the engine and 100ml into the gear box, from a 900ml can. If the gear box is worn out,I find the oil on draining becomes very frothy and black so I prefer not to use engine oil for the gearbox.

For the gear box, I have a can of HP EP90 which I bought from a petrol pump.
I do have a 50ml syringe for putting in the oil though I can never find it when I need it.
How does it work?Great!IMO its way better than using gear oil in terms of smoothness and noise.I do change it every 4000km since a can of ep90 is quite cheap and have no complaints over the 15000Km or so that I have been using it.

Castrol does have a dedicated gear oil for scooters which comes in a very handy tube with a cone for easy filling. That would be a good alternative.
surajspai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 17:46   #149
Senior - BHPian

I'm going for 10W-40 Motul 7100 fully synthetic as the engine oil and plan to use the same as the Gear Oil. As I understand, the gear that is being lubricated is only a reduction gear connecting the dry CVT output with the wheel. So, I feel it does not need a dedicated Gear Oil as in geared vehicles. Correct me if I'm missing anything significant.
Old 25th April 2021, 10:22   #150
BHPian

Quote:
I'm going for 10W-40 Motul 7100 fully synthetic as the engine oil and plan to use the same as the Gear Oil. As I understand, the gear that is being lubricated is only a reduction gear connecting the dry CVT output with the wheel. So, I feel it does not need a dedicated Gear Oil as in geared vehicles. Correct me if I'm missing anything significant.
Isn't that a oil for wet clutch motor bikes rather than a scooter? Also quantity will be much higher than needed for a scooter so keep that in mind if you use it.
I have seen people use motor bike oil for scooters and they run fine but I can't really comment since I haven't experienced it myself.

Also for that price you could get two cans of the regular 10w-30 Shell or Castrol engine oil which if changed every 2000-3000 km are enough to keep any scooter chugging happily.
What does the manual say on the grade of oil to be used?

As gear oil- sure, go ahead. Change it every time you change the engine oil. Any way a full can of oil is not needed for the engine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks