Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2017, 19:43   #16
BHPian

re: My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. EDIT: 10 months & 4th service completed

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

I've been a part of this forum for long but didn't contribute substantially.Gained a lot of insights from here.
This was my give-back opportunity.

Personally, I have overcome lot of inertia to present this review. It has taken a lot of effort at my end and work and rework - to present this review.
I can relate to effort put in by the moderators who put churn out official reviews & also to few individuals posting their threads of ownership.

I would like to thanks:
My Wife:For bearing with me for being a petrol head

GTO and Mods: You are the best. Keep revving!

J.Ravi: Sir, I am your bhakt. You're an inspiration to me and so many like me! You reviews inspired me to get Fiat Linea in 2012 and never regret it! I plan to ride down to your place for a filter coffee in those FIAT cups you'd promised then!

MOBIKE008: I am a big fan! I look up to you!!! Hope to meet you some day! Its unbelievable you took effort to put reviews of all your bikes till date - Bullet 500 to Triumph Bonneville to Versys 650! Stay Safe and Ride Safe!

IronH4WK: Fan of you and your green monster. Hope to spot you and get spotted some day! I showed my wife your Ninja 650 review (especially that photo where your wife is posing with your New Ninja) and she also smiled as I also aspire to own Ninja 650 for past 3 years! Some day I will post a similar phot... Some day. :-) Ride Safe!

a4anurag: I am heavily inspired by your review. Thanks for answering my queries in your thread! I hope I've not plagiarized here - you've inspired me so much! Wish you happy miles in your Honda!

harsh.m06 : I also took review ideas from your review as well

Leaving you with one more picture of my scooter with my sweetheart son:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161217_180613740.jpg

Last edited by daretodream : 4th January 2017 at 21:13.
daretodream is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 08:18   #17
Team-BHP Support

re: My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. EDIT: 10 months & 4th service completed

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Motorbikes Section. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 11:34   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on the new scooter and thank you for sharing an extremely detailed review. We don't see too many scooter reviews and i don't think there is a review for the access here. Hence this will definitely help a lot of prospective buyers.

Since it was for your use, did you consider any motorbikes also? I also use both a scooter and a bike and while the utility of the scooter is unmatched for short neighborhood shopping runs, for longer commutes I find a bike more comfortable. I guess you feel otherwise.

Wish you all the best and ride safe.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 5th January 2017 at 11:35.
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 13:48   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on the scooter Nandan and my, my what an extensive review. Looks like you are targeting to be more comprehensive than our official reviews!

And, thanks for the PM otherwise I certainly would have missed this lovely thread as i hardly venture into this section of the forum

Although I have ridden Activa and Access 125 sparingly, I must confess that I have limited experience with scooters as I personally believe they are tougher than motorcycles to ride as there is no gear to control them and I find them equivalent to runaway missiles

Once upon a time, we used to own a Kinetic Honda (used by sis) and whenever I used to ride it, I used to be scared as scooters give me the sense of zero control. Now it amazes me to see young school kids zip around and take corners at break-neck speed and I envy their riding skills..LOL!

I love everything with gears including cars (personally, don't have much use for automatic cars as they give the same feeling to me-No control over them !!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretodream View Post
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

MOBIKE008: I am a big fan! I look up to you!!! Hope to meet you some day! Its unbelievable you took effort to put reviews of all your bikes till date - Bullet 500 to Triumph Bonneville to Versys 650! Stay Safe and Ride Safe!
This is very sweet of you to openly acknowledge in this manner which just shows your good nature and humility

Have a great ownership experience and keep this thread updated at all times

Enjoy & Ride Safe !!!
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 14:44   #20
BHPian

Nice review, it is indeed a wonderful scooter, it always make me smile when i rides it.
There other think which you will like that, there are plenty of Activas and Jupiter on the road and those have become very common on road. But with new Access 125 you'll find rarely on road which makes .
rajpandey10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 14:55   #21
BHPian

That is a super exhaustive ownership experience shared. Personally the looks don't appeal to me at all but then looks are subjective. Other than that the new Access is a phenomenally good scooter. They have even managed to shave off over 10 kg in weight compared to the previous model. That's a very neat MT btw. Congrats and ride safe.
balenopower is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 15:59   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Friends- Presenting to you: my Milky Bar - All New Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition
Congratulations

Quote:
An opportune picture with the contempories:
Old Gen Access 125, Current Gen Standard Activa, All New Access 125 SE
Stands Apart!
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161216_091420933.jpg

The head lights are perfectly angled and so it looks like the old gen Access and Activa are ogling at the beauty of Milky bar and the bashful milky bar turns the other side blushing .

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 5th January 2017 at 16:10.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 16:45   #23
BHPian

Congratulations on your new generation Suzuki Access I have the previous generation one. The one thing I miss in mine are the front disc brakes with 12 inch wheels. Mine are drum and 10 inches.

Happy riding
catchjyoti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 20:42   #24
J.Ravi

Quote:
Presenting to you: my Milky Bar - All New Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition
Thanks a lot for remembering me, Nandan.

I wish you and your Milky Bar infinite miles with smiles.

The invitation for filter coffee in a Fiat mug still stands. Yes, I still have those Fiat mugs!
  (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 21:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

Beautifully written Nandan! Congratulations on the lady in white

Quote:
IronH4WK: Fan of you and your green monster. Hope to spot you and get spotted some day! I showed my wife your Ninja 650 review (especially that photo where your wife is posing with your New Ninja) and she also smiled as I also aspire to own Ninja 650 for past 3 years! Some day I will post a similar phot... Some day. :-) Ride Safe!
Thank you for the kind words.

Chase your dreams. It may become reality sooner than you think
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 22:02   #26
BANNED

Thank you Sir for appreciation. I am happy that my Activa thread was useful to many.

Fantastic review along with detailed pictures which I'd just advocate on how a review must be drafted. Finer details added which means lesser doubt or concussions.

Wish Suzuki had given some sensible design to the instrumentation console. Like very odd and dated in a beautiful scooterllll}

Good you went for the for guy

Last edited by a4anurag : 5th January 2017 at 22:05.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 22:28   #27
BHPian

Very beautiful yet detailed ownership review. I also bought a used Suzuki Access last month (2015 model). Initially i planned for the new one but since i was tight on budget due to the relocation from NCR to Bangalore, went ahead with the used one.
Got a good deal too, but the owner missed the user manual due to which i may not be able to get the benefit of left over Free Services. Odometer was 6000 km when i get it from the previous owner and after i got it checked by the local mechanic, planning for the full service at 7000 km.
I already got the quote from the local mechanic but didn't know how much would it cost if i get it serviced from the Company authorized service center. Could you please get the rough estimate once you visit them for the first scheduled service and what would you suggest, shall i get it serviced outside or at the Company authorized service center itself.
Highh5 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 00:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

Nice detailed review. Service interval seems very small for these scooters.

Also, why are you hiding the special edition dark red seat under this cover? Let it show! Seat covers hardly serve any purpose.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 08:14   #29
BHPian

Excellent review!

I am a fellow New Access 125 owner as well. Bought the blue shade, drum version (disc version was not available back then) in July and I have been riding it to the fullest. It is an all around scooter. I even made a solo trip to Nandi hills on it! The acceleration is very addicting. It puts many 125cc bikes to shame.

If you are ever free or willing, do meet up with our respective scooters so that we could have a nice photoshoot.

Ride safe!
Avikbrio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 17:48   #30
BHPian

Congratulations and thanks for the review. My family is also the happy customer of the New Access 125, all thanks to my father. I am a fan of Activa, as old Access disappointed me in every way. But after driving this New Access, I was very surprised and happy. In fact, I was planning to post its review, to make other people aware of the goodness of this New Access, but time crunch was always on my way.

Few points I would like to mention are:

1) The reason behind the bigger front tyre? Short surfing on the internet says its for better handling and riding, but does anyone know the technical reason behind it? I drive the other scooters, and could hardly notice the better handling in this New Access!

2) The self start in the New Access is like long throw, keeps dragging until throttle is opened little. Service Center says its the same in all New Access, don't know if its true or not.

3) For the fitment of the front license plate, no need to make holes in the fiber. There is a provision to bolt the clamps beneath the front fiber, and the plate can be riveted on those clamps.

4) The front nose is of metal and does not protrude more than wheel. Its smart improvement over the old Access, one does not have to worry cracking in bumper to bumper traffic
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-front-wheel.jpg

5) The rear fiber tail protrudes out, prone to hit in traffic.
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-tail.jpg

6) My father loves the small glove pocket on the left, and my wife loves the hook near the ignition.
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-panel-floor.jpg

7) The white cage inside the fuel tank is very neat change, prevents the attendant from sticking the fuel nozzle all the way in.
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-fuel-tank.jpg

8) The two holes near the instrument cluster looks sore, but its for purpose, I think.
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-holes.jpg

9) Great styling, the body neither looks think (like old Access), nor thin (like Vespa). It looks just appropriate and perfect. While driving, the headlight looks like big head in front of us.
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-chrome.jpg

Overall, great scooter and kudos to suzuki people for making all the right corrections.
Attached Thumbnails
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_2918.jpg  

Last edited by Sparky : 6th January 2017 at 17:56.
Sparky is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed