Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2017, 18:48   #31
BHPian

re: My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. EDIT: 10 months & 4th service completed

Congratulations on your new Access! Even I am in the same boat. I am planning to buy a new scooter for my wife which will also be used by my mother occasionally. I and my wife loved the new Access! Particularly in that matt finish grey shade. But, considering the seat height I have decided against it. My mother is 5"3' - 5"4'. It will be tough for her to handle this scooter.
Thinking to buy Access' younger sibling - Let's or Yamaha Ray.
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 18:52   #32
BANNED

re: My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. EDIT: 10 months & 4th service completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
But, considering the seat height I have decided against it. My mother is 5"3' - 5"4'. It will be tough for her to handle this scooter.
How about Activa-i?

I think it is a better alternative to the regular Activa.
Old 6th January 2017, 19:03   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
How about Activa-i?

I think it is a better alternative to the regular Activa.
Activa - i has decade old suspension which is a big turn off for me.

Let's refined engine is really powerful (8.7 BHP, 9NM) despite being low on displacement 110cc. Added with low kerb weight of 98 kgs and low seat height - 765mm it ticks all the boxes.

Ray's seat height is the lowest - 760 mm, refined engine although low on power (7 BHP) with sharp handling. IMO it looks great.

So will decide between these two.
Old 6th January 2017, 19:10   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Activa - i has decade old suspension which is a big turn off for me.

Let's refined engine is really powerful (8.7 BHP, 9NM) despite being low on displacement 110cc. Added with low kerb weight of 98 kgs and low seat height - 765mm it ticks all the boxes.

Ray's seat height is the lowest - 760 mm, refined engine although low on power (7 BHP) with sharp handling. IMO it looks great.

So will decide between these two.
Dear StepUP, I would recommend to take the Test Drive before you buy anything. My wife is 5' 5", and she likes both, Activa and New Access. Also, consider resale value and maintenance.
Old 6th January 2017, 20:17   #35
BHPian

Congratulations on acquiring the New Access. The way you have written is truly AMAZING.
Rating it a well deserved 5-star. Although I didn't get one thing you wrote about the jupiter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daretodream View Post
The test ride scooter had Steel wheel+ Drum brakes
The alloy wheel + disc brake combo was available in only one color.
Alloy wheels are standard on all colours and variants . I too have a Jupiter in white colour which has alloy wheels and drum brakes.
Although I'm not sure about the disc brake, but alloy wheels are definitely standard on all variants.
Also how come the test ride Jupiter had steel wheels. I hadn't seen one in Delhi.
Regards
Old 7th January 2017, 09:59   #36
BHPian

Congratulations! daretodream for your new ride. Excellent review with all the points that can be a perfect buyers guide. I had a scooter (Honda Aviator with disc & alloy wheels) & I completely agree with you on the comfort & convenience of a scooter in the city, it's no surprise that scooter market is skyrocketing in terms of sales.
Ride safe.
Sportztourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2017, 17:14   #37
BHPian

Thank you for the great review and taking the time to document comprehensively. Have rated this very useful thread five stars.

Some questions/observations please -

1) Presume the maroon/brown seat cover has some 'heat reduction' properties that the black add-on cover on top may not have. What is the thinking behind adding the 'black' add-on cover? (Especially since you also mention you would have taken the floor mats in brown if it were available in brown).

2) What were the thoughts behind buying the helmet which cannot be stored in the storage space under the seat? Asking since currently in my old Activa (2003 model) I had deliberately spent time choosing a helmet (though only open face with visor) which could be stored under the seat along with my (thin) riding jacket and still have some left over space for umbrella, etc. On the old Activa it was clearly not possible to store full face helmet, is that similar in the new Access 125 too?

3) Would you please have any observations on paint quality? One of the earlier reviews on a mainstream auto site had indicated some issues with paint quality and longevity - though on the blue color variant.

4) Does the disk brake on the scooter 'really' make an impact? Any thoughts on expected maintenance costs/issues for disk brakes vs. drum brakes, especially considering potential irregular maintenance schedule?

5) Any thoughts on why there were no discounts being offered, especially in December and also considering demonitization effect? Is it that the scooter has high demand, or is that a trend in the scooter market?

Thanks again!

Last edited by manij : 7th January 2017 at 17:17. Reason: typo
manij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 16:56   #38
BHPian

I completed 500 Kms last weekend.

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-500.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Congratulations on the new scooter and thank you for sharing an extremely detailed review.
Thank You, Rajeevraj!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Since it was for your use, did you consider any motorbikes also?
I have same feeling for bikes as you mentioned- and I will surely get a powerful new bike(most probably a Kawasaki) in few years.
For now, I need to drop my son to school daily and proceed to my office from there. Thus, I have to carry son's school Bag + son's snack bag + my Office Bag + my snack Bag. I like to have a raincoat (pant + coat set) in scooter dickey permanently for unpredictable rains. I also keep a wind-cheater/jacket in dickey and take out when riding.

And a scooter is best fit for that !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congratulations on the scooter Nandan and my, my what an extensive review. Looks like you are targeting to be more comprehensive than our official reviews!

Have a great ownership experience and keep this thread updated at all times

Enjoy & Ride Safe !!!
Thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpandey10 View Post
Nice review, it is indeed a wonderful scooter, it always make me smile when i rides it.
There other think which you will like that, there are plenty of Activas and Jupiter on the road and those have become very common on road. But with new Access 125 you'll find rarely on road which makes .
Thank you!
I agree with your observation - though that was not the reason why I got access. I see far more Access 125(new+old) in Bangalore roads than I see Activa 125.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
That is a super exhaustive ownership experience shared.
Thank you, balenopower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Congratulations

The head lights are perfectly angled and so it looks like the old gen Access and Activa are ogling at the beauty of Milky bar and the bashful milky bar turns the other side blushing .
Thank you and that is an interesting observation - though I never saw like that until you wrote so:-)

Quote:
Congratulations on your new Access! Even I am in the same boat. I am planning to buy a new scooter for my wife which will also be used by my mother occasionally. I and my wife loved the new Access! Particularly in that matt finish grey shade. But, considering the seat height I have decided against it. My mother is 5"3' - 5"4'. It will be tough for her to handle this scooter.
Thinking to buy Access' younger sibling - Let's or Yamaha Ray.
Thank you!
Nothing clears the mind space as much as a test ride!
Please have all the users take a test ride and then decide.
My wife is now getting used to our new access and is not hesitant like week-1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manan_02 View Post
Congratulations on acquiring the New Access. The way you have written is truly AMAZING.
Rating it a well deserved 5-star.
Thank you, Manan !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manan_02 View Post
Alloy wheels are standard on all colours and variants . I too have a Jupiter in white colour which has alloy wheels and drum brakes.
Although I'm not sure about the disc brake, but alloy wheels are definitely standard on all variants.
Also how come the test ride Jupiter had steel wheels. I hadn't seen one in Delhi.
Regards
Thanks for pointing it out. It was my oversight. I've requested Moderator to do the necessary correction in the original post that talks about my test ride experience with TVS Jupiter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportztourer View Post
Congratulations! daretodream for your new ride. Excellent review with all the points that can be a perfect buyers guide. I had a scooter (Honda Aviator with disc & alloy wheels) & I completely agree with you on the comfort & convenience of a scooter in the city, it's no surprise that scooter market is skyrocketing in terms of sales.
Ride safe.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manij View Post
Thank you for the great review and taking the time to document comprehensively. Have rated this very useful thread five stars.

Some questions/observations please -

1) Presume the maroon/brown seat cover has some 'heat reduction' properties that the black add-on cover on top may not have. What is the thinking behind adding the 'black' add-on cover? (Especially since you also mention you would have taken the floor mats in brown if it were available in brown).
Thank you.
Maroon seat doesnot provide any heat reduction property. It is just for aesthetic and retro-looks. I would've got a maroon seat cover if I would have got it at Advaith Suzuki- but they had only black seat cover.
Today morning I saw a just delivered Suzuki Access 125 in black with after-market maroon seat cover - and it had showroom name printed over it- NineStar Suzuki. So, I will get maroon seat cover as the current one gets older.

Quote:
2) What were the thoughts behind buying the helmet which cannot be stored in the storage space under the seat? Asking since currently in my old Activa (2003 model) I had deliberately spent time choosing a helmet (though only open face with visor) which could be stored under the seat along with my (thin) riding jacket and still have some left over space for umbrella, etc. On the old Activa it was clearly not possible to store full face helmet, is that similar in the new Access 125 too?
I've Studs Jade Full Face Helmet that fits well in my old Activa along with a rain-coat. New Access also easily accomodates it.
However, I wanted a good quality helmet(read better than Studds) and I was willing to carry it along. I now carry it along in the sling bag that I got with the helmet.
Please see the picture below of my helmet in the sling bag:

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-mt-blade-slingbag.jpg

Quote:
3) Would you please have any observations on paint quality? One of the earlier reviews on a mainstream auto site had indicated some issues with paint quality and longevity - though on the blue color variant.
Mine is white and quality is top-class.
Will comment on this during the ownership journey.

Quote:
4) Does the disk brake on the scooter 'really' make an impact? Any thoughts on expected maintenance costs/issues for disk brakes vs. drum brakes, especially considering potential irregular maintenance schedule?
Disc brakes improve the braking power and hence gives you more confidence.

Quote:
5) Any thoughts on why there were no discounts being offered, especially in December and also considering demonitization effect? Is it that the scooter has high demand, or is that a trend in the scooter market?

Thanks again!
Suzuki Access is in high demand- especially disc brake models) had a waiting period of 2-3 weeks until demonetization. The dealerships are not overflowing with the stock as of now. May be Jan-end or Feb will be good time to check it out.

I could've got discount of 2-3K on Activa or Jupter. Plus I was offered 10% discount on accessories - MRP of which, I felt, were inflated

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
Congratulations on your new generation Suzuki Access I have the previous generation one. The one thing I miss in mine are the front disc brakes with 12 inch wheels. Mine are drum and 10 inches.

Happy riding
Thank you!
I've got something to make you feel better:

Shumi says that he loved the older version of Suzuki Access more than the current version. He goes on to say that the new Access has matured and Suzuki has calmed the scooter down. He misses the snap in the power delivery and as a enthusiast he misses it.

Pls see this video and see from 3:38:

I am sure your love for your Suzuki has increased now :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Thanks a lot for remembering me, Nandan.

The invitation for filter coffee in a Fiat mug still stands. Yes, I still have those Fiat mugs!
Thank you, sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Beautifully written Nandan! Congratulations on the lady in white

Thank you for the kind words.

Chase your dreams. It may become reality sooner than you think
Thank you, IronH4WK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Thank you Sir for appreciation. I am happy that my Activa thread was useful to many.
Thank you, sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Very beautiful yet detailed ownership review. I also bought a used Suzuki Access last month (2015 model). . Odometer was 6000 km when i get it from the previous owner and after i got it checked by the local mechanic, planning for the full service at 7000 km.Could you please get the rough estimate once you visit them for the first scheduled service and what would you suggest, shall i get it serviced outside or at the Company authorized service center itself.
Thank you!
Any vehicle at 6K kms is almost as good as brand new. Please get the servicing done at authorized service center. They've centrally connected system owned by Suzuki that will show complete service record of your scooter and that will not only help you get proper maintenance for your scooter but also help realizes good resale value later.

In the meantime, please scout for a friendly neighborhood garage/mechanic to whom you can turn-in for any emergency/petty work.

I will anyways confirm to you when I visit for my 1st servicing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Nice detailed review. Service interval seems very small for these scooters.

Also, why are you hiding the special edition dark red seat under this cover? Let it show! Seat covers hardly serve any purpose.
I remember an old story of a colleague's brand new Yamaha FZ bike's OEM seat cut by blade by some pervert neighbor or children overnight.
Not that I am in same company or in same society - a seat cover will be sacrificial protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avikbrio View Post
Excellent review!

I am a fellow New Access 125 owner as well. The acceleration is very addicting. It puts many 125cc bikes to shame.

If you are ever free or willing, do meet up with our respective scooters so that we could have a nice photoshoot.
Thank you and lets connect for photoshoot! I agree on the acceleration part - I almost always end up showing tail lights to most other scooters/bikes in traffic even though I don't have any intent of doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Congratulations and thanks for the review. My family is also the happy customer of the New Access 125, all thanks to my father.
Thank you for the additional points.
I am not facing the starter issue as you've pointed. Lets see how it goes in future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Dear StepUP, I would recommend to take the Test Drive before you buy anything. My wife is 5' 5", and she likes both, Activa and New Access. Also, consider resale value and maintenance.
Agree- Test ride clears all assumptions and also reveals many things!

Last edited by daretodream : 9th January 2017 at 17:09.
daretodream is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 17:41   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you!
Nothing clears the mind space as much as a test ride!
Please have all the users take a test ride and then decide.
My wife is now getting used to our new access and is not hesitant like week-1.
Yea. We did test ride. Good news is I booked Access! We didn't find much difference in seat height between Let's and Access. So as we were sold on Access, immediately we booked one! Now dilemma starts - which color? It's tough to decide between grey, red and blue!
StepUP! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 18:47   #40
Senior - BHPian

Wow that was one detailed ownership review, congrats for your new ride. I have been a Access owner for almost 7 years and after 53000+ Kms, she rides like 7 years before. I am exchanging it( Getting around 18-19K for my Oldie) for a New Grey Access, yet to book one though (obvious route would be through Paytm).
agspins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 19:24   #41
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review. I have a 2011 model access and so far have no issues with the scooter in itself. the only grouse I have is with the service center, or the lack of one near my place. The only service center in the marathalli area is near forum value mall, and they are heavily crowded and hence the servicing hasn't been that great either.

I wish you a very happy scooter riding experience. Keep updating the thread with your observations.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 09:53   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Now dilemma starts - which color? It's tough to decide between grey, red and blue!
If you are looking to keep it for the long run, I will suggest matte grey. Easier to maintain than the red and blue (i own the blue one).
Avikbrio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 11:25   #43
BHPian

Quote:
If you are looking to keep it for the long run, I will suggest matte grey. Easier to maintain than the red and blue (i own the blue one).
Yea. Matt finish doesn't fade as metallic does. But Grey looks dull as compared to Red/Blue. Matt finish lacks the gloss. I am planning to go for opti coat to keep color intact for some years atleast. So let me see what color we finalize.
Old 10th January 2017, 13:08   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Wow that was one detailed ownership review, congrats for your new ride.
Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
I have been a Access owner for almost 7 years and after 53000+ Kms, she rides like 7 years before. I am exchanging it( Getting around 18-19K for my Oldie) for a New Grey Access, yet to book one though (obvious route would be through Paytm).
I did not know you can do exchange transactions also through Paytm. Is it that you will pay 20,000 to Paytm and balance minus exchange price to the dealer?
Pls let us know your experience

And Matt Grey is an awesome color for Access !

Quote:
Agree. If not for Special Edition, I would have gone for Matt Grey.

Quote:
Yea. Matt finish doesn't fade as metallic does. But Grey looks dull as compared to Red/Blue. Matt finish lacks the gloss. I am planning to go for opti coat to keep color intact for some years atleast. So let me see what color we finalize.
Opti Coat works only for Matt Colours or for Metallic ones also?
Old 10th January 2017, 15:03   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Opti Coat works only for Matt Colours or for Metallic ones also?
It works for both. Pricing at Pune is (add 15% service tax to below)
Opti-coat gloss Rs 2500 (2 years guarantee)
Opti-coat Pro Rs 3000
Opti-coat Pro plus Rs 4000 (5 years guarantee)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks