Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2017, 20:44   #46
RGK
Senior - BHPian

re: My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. EDIT: 10 months & 4th service completed

Many congratulations. Happy and Safe motoring.

I have been riding Access for the past 6 and 1/2 years. It came with 100% imported engine from Suzuki and performing like a new motor even today.

Only problem is the quick wear and tear of the rear brake shoes.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 12:46   #47
BHPian

re: My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. EDIT: 10 months & 4th service completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretodream View Post
Thank you!
I've got something to make you feel better:

Shumi says that he loved the older version of Suzuki Access more than the current version. He goes on to say that the new Access has matured and Suzuki has calmed the scooter down. He misses the snap in the power delivery and as a enthusiast he misses it.

Pls see this video and see from 3:38:

I am sure your love for your Suzuki has increased now :-)
Thank you. Yes I feel much better now

Would not have wanted to lose out on the pep
Old 12th January 2017, 20:49   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I did not know you can do exchange transactions also through Paytm. Is it that you will pay 20,000 to Paytm and balance minus exchange price to the dealer?
Pls let us know your experience

And Matt Grey is an awesome color for Access !

Agree. If not for Special Edition, I would have gone for Matt Grey.
Finally booked Pearl White with Disc brakes, as Matt grey was taking 15 days. I booked through Paytm and opted out of exchange option as i got much better price outside.

Tomorrow will be taking delivery...
Old 16th January 2017, 15:47   #49
BHPian

Quote:
DELIVERY EXPERIENCE - PART-2

Floor Mat: Fit is fine but they are too thin and light in weight.
They've protrusions to fit into the slots in foot-board.

Attachment 1591263
Is this Floor Mat from Suzuki? or After-market? I want to buy one since its delivery, but not available in my city. I searched online also, but no luck. Can anyone share the source if it is available online?
Old 16th January 2017, 17:46   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Is this Floor Mat from Suzuki? or After-market? I want to buy one since its delivery, but not available in my city. I searched online also, but no luck. Can anyone share the source if it is available online?
The mat is not part of standard accessory on Suzuki Scooter.
I got this from Advaith Automation - the Suzuki dealer.
I did not search online/offline for mats.
Please do share if you get any leads online.
Old 16th January 2017, 22:31   #51
Senior - BHPian

Finally took delivery of my White Access, delivery was from the same dealership from where i bought my first Access. Delivery was a simple affair, paid the balance and took her home. Yet to start using her extensively as RTO & insurance formalities are yet to be completed as RTO was closed for some system upgrades. Here are some pics of both rides old and new...
Attached Thumbnails
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20170114_154153_450x600.jpg  

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20170114_114538_800x600.jpg  

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20170114_114551_800x600.jpg  

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20170114_114610_800x600.jpg  

agspins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 20:35   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Price and discount details
Total paid:
1. Rs 20500 via Paytm Of which Rs 500 is convenience fee
2. Rs 56455 to Dealership
Total Rs 76455 (Of which dealership will receive Rs. 75955 (Paytm Keeps Rs 500)

Invoices Breakup:
1. Vehicle: Rs 61794 – WITH RECEIPT
2. Road Tax: Rs 8233 (Life Time) – WITH RECEIPT
3. Insurance: Rs 2088 (Bharti Axa) (Bumper to Bumper Zero Depreciation) – WITH RECEIPT
4. Extended Warranty: Rs 620 (3rd year to 5th year) – WITH RECEIPT
5. Seat Cover Rs 196.51 – WITH RECEIPT
6. Foot Board Mat Rs 131.01 – WITH RECEIPT
7. All round Stainless steel Guard (Chrome) Rs 698.72 – WITH RECEIPT
8. Front Wheel Fender Guard (Chrome) Rs.183.41 – WITH RECEIPT
9. Apron Beeding guard (Chrome) Rs.637.58 – WITH RECEIPT
10. Affidavit on Address Proof: Rs 200

So, how much amount I paid and did not get Invoice? It is Rs 1172
Hold On!

Total Smart Card charges as per this is Rs 200. So, I guess dealership has taken a part of Rs. 972 as its commission for my seamless experience.
Hmmm- I am okay with that as I don’t want to give any effort on doing self-registration.
Excellent review, As a matter of fact, i went to test the Suzuki access 125 because of your review!

Initially was confused which one to pick, Honda Dio or Activa, but after giving a test ride of Access, the answer was VERY CLEAR.

I had been to Suzuki Showroom in Koramangala, initially they were reluctant to give test drive, stating the vehicle is gone for service etc. when i told them, i wont buy one without a test ride and was walking out, they just found a vehicle for me.

Few questions
1. Loved the pickup and suspension, but not sure if the pickup can be reduced (my wife is a newbie and she is learning how to ride).
2. Showroom in koramangala had quoted at-least 30 - 40% percent more on the above accessories and had also included some handling charge etc., how is advaith Suzuki, did you haggle to get the price or were they transparent and gave you the best price?
3. Any idea about the service costs and place where you'll be servicing the scooter?
Sri Vathsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 13:40   #53
BHPian

My Milky Bar is done with 1st Free Service- and it was again a fantastic experience at Advaith Suzuki, Basavanagudi!

This and next couple of posts are going to be about 1st Free Service

The 1st Free Service for Suzuki Access is to be done between 30-45 days (750-1000 KMs)
I got the servicing done on 22nd Jan-2017: 40th Day from Sale and Odo at 876 KMs.

I was clear I would do servicing only from Advaith Automation (from whom I purchased the scooter) - even though there are 2 centers closer to my place(9 Star Suzuki-Sarjapur Road and Apple Suzuki- BTM).

I will cover the below points:

Appointment
Advaith Suzuki had been sending SMS reminders that the service is due and in fact a lady called up on Thursday,19th to remind for same.
I had hectic Jan-2017 and could take time out only on weekends. All service centers of Suzuki are closed on Sundays - except Advaith Automation.

They have limited capacity for Sundays and you should take prior appointment.

I took the appointment for Sunday(22nd) on Thursday(19th) and I was told to be there by 09:00 AM to drop the vehicle and be ready to collect the vehicle by 01:00 PM.

Day of Service:
I was at the center at 09:00 am and was suprised to see atleast a dozen Suzuki Scooters parked outside the center and owners awaiting.
I walked to the desk and they took my manual and inserted it at the bottom of the stack of manuals. I was told that I have appointment - but they said its on 1st-come 1st-serve.

Queue of scooters who have turned-in for servicing on Sunday
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-scooters-queuea.jpg

Stack of Owner Manuals
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-manuals-queuea.jpg

Then, in sequential order, Job Card Preparation was done.
My Job Card:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-job-carda.jpg

After job card preparation, scooters were taken inside in same sequence.

Since my Sl. No. was 12, I had to wait for my scooter's turn to be taken inside the service center. I walked upto South Thindies, a nice place - about 300m walk from service center. This place was brimming with crowd. I treated myself to a wonderful Filter Coffee!

Around 10AM my scooter was taken in.
First up was a Full Body Wash. I did not take photo of this process. They lined up 4 scooters like a train and did the washing.

Washing Area Picture:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-vehicle-wash-areaa.jpg

Next, Scooter was taken inside the servicing bay.
Below I show some pics of the service center:

The bays at a glance. Note the engine repair station on far right and compressor in end.
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-service-center-baysa.jpg

Workshop Manager, Reception and Battery Charging Area(Left)
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-service-center-workshop-manager-reception-battery-charging-baya.jpg

Customer Lounge
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-customer-lounge1a.jpg
I was the lone customer hanging around my scooter and every other customer had left to come back later!

Customer Lounge Contd
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-customer-lounge2a.jpg

Customer Lounge Contd.
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-customer-lounge3a.jpg

Vehicle Polishing Area:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-polishing-bay2a.jpg
daretodream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 13:54   #54
BHPian

1st Free Service Experience Continued-1

The seat was removed and then storage cabinet was removed. The mechanic used a Jet of pressurized air to dry engine compartment:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-engine-compartmenta.jpg

Then Engine compartment was closed - first the storage cabinet was fitted back and then the seat:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-engine-compartment-closeda.jpg

Then the Engine Oil was drained:
Murky Black (as expected)
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-engine-oil-draineda.jpg

This is all that came out of the engine oil drain hole in 20 mins:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-drained-engine-oila.jpg

Then Gear-Box Oil Top Up was Done:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-gearbox-oil-topupa.jpg

The same oil was used to Lubricate all joints.

Lubrication under chassis:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-lubrication1a.jpg

Lubrication of key hole:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-lubrication2a.jpg

Then it was time for a Tea Break around 11 am.
The entire team of mechanics and supervisor(Mr. Bhaskar) were very welcoming and let me freely monitor my Scooter from close distance. Not many centers allow that!

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-tea-breaka.jpg

Then the mechanic went around draining engine oil of 5 other scooters and then decided to fill Fresh Engine Oil in reverse order! I waited for some time for my scooter to be filled with Fresh Engine Oil.

Before all of that, he spent 2 minutes searching for Funnel to pour the engine oil:
The much elusive funnel :-)
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-funnela.jpg

Engine Oil Reservoir Lid -cum- Dipstick (of another scooter)
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-oil-reservoir-lida.jpg
Old 24th January 2017, 14:08   #55
BHPian

1st Free Service Experience Continued-2

Engine Oil Used by Service Center:
Suzuki Branded 10W-30 JASO MA API SJ
Manufactured by: Idemitsu Lube India Pvt. Ltd.

The box net quantity was 1L and MRP was Rs. 285.

I've emailed to Idemitsu enquiring the oil is mineral or semi-synthetic or synthetic oil- not received any reply yet.

Oil Container Front Pic:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-suzuki-branded-oila.jpg

Oil Container Back Pic:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-suzuki-branded-oil2a.jpg

Finally, my scooter's turn to get Fresh Engine Oil.
Surprisingly, it took in all 1L oil but I was billed for only 700 ml!
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-fresh-oila.jpg

Mechanic then idled the scooter for 4-5 minutes and then took it out for a ride.
He diagnosed 2 issues after test ride:
1. Read Brakes are lose - so he tightened it
2. Handle Cone set is tight. So, he opened the front fendor to loosen the cone-set screw.

Opening the Fendor Screws:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-open-front-fendora.jpg

Loosening the Cone-Set screw:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-loseing-coneseta.jpg

Then the scooter was sent for Polishing:
Polishing Bay
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-polishing-bay1a.jpg

Polishing Bay
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-polishing-bay2a.jpg

I saw 5L boxes of 3M MAXX WASH and it was being used. I was truly impressed to see 3M products being used!

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-3m-maxx-washa.jpg

I was asked to approach the billing desk and clear the payments while the polishing is being done.
Old 24th January 2017, 14:16   #56
BHPian

1st Free Service Experience Continued-3

Total Amount Billed to me was Rs. 289!
Engine Oil: Rs 192.15
Consumables and Gear Box Oil: Rs 60
VAT+Service Tax = Rs 36

Total Amount = Rs. 289
This was the invoice:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-service-invoicea.jpg

After doing the payment, I was issued the Gate-Pass as below:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-gate-passa.jpg

By then, my scooter had been brought out and I share the pics of my cleaned, serviced and Polished Scooter-

Rear Wheel and Gearbox side view:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-cleaned-vehicle1a.jpg

Rear Wheel and Exhaust side view:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-cleaned-vehicle2a.jpg

Front wheel and disc view:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-cleaned-vehicle3a.jpg

Front view:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-cleaned-vehicle4.jpg

Side View:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-cleaned-vehicle5a.jpg

Foot Board:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-cleaned-vehicle6a.jpg

Cockpit:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-cleaned-vehicle7a.jpg
daretodream is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 14:33   #57
BHPian

1st Free Service Experience Continued-4

Post Servicing, the Scooter is doing Great
I get a feeling that the idling RPM has increased - without that being touched by mechanic.
The engine has become even more refined!

I am babying the engine and not do sudden accelerations or braking. And I coast in 45-55 KMPH range when traffic allows me to!

Other Smaller Things:

1. Advaith Suzuki Service center adds Engine Oil Additive for Scooters from 2nd Service Onwards. Not sure if it is recommended or what other service centers do.
The make is "Magsol Engine Oil Additive".
The content is 50ml and MRP is Rs. 175

Pic-1
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-magsol-engine-oil-additive1a.jpg

Pic-2
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-magsol-engine-oil-additive2a.jpg

2. I saw a frame kept in the service center. The barcode showed MRP of Rs 4995.
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-framea.jpg

3. The customer lounge has chart that shows prices for Paid Labour Service Rates. Cities are divided into A-Class, B-Class and C-Class with A-Class being costlies (Metros) and C-Class being cheapest(Rural areas)

4. Suzuki Regional Officers Mobile and E-mail shared in customer lounge for customers to directly reach out for complaints, feedback or suggestions.
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-customer-lounge2a.jpg

5. There was a dedicated housekeeping staff - and she did a wonderful job at that. She went around cleaning the entire service center as the mechanics were attending to the scooters.
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-bay-cleaninga.jpg

6. I was pleasantly suprised to see 3M product being used in company service center. Normally you have to pay premium for such services - but here it was part of standard package and nothing extra was charged:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-3m-maxx-washa.jpg

7. Supervisor Mr. Bhaskar and the team of mechanics were very cordial and let me freely roam around the service center and interact with the mechanics - and also let me take photos. I was the lone customer on a Sunday morning - so maybe that helped!
Mr. Bhaskar himself did Pre-Delivery Inspection before handing over the scooter to me! I am going to write an appreciation email to Suzuki for them!

Last edited by daretodream : 24th January 2017 at 14:43.
Old 24th January 2017, 14:39   #58
BHPian

My scooter has been munching miles:

Some key milestones:

555 KMs:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-555.jpg

700 KMs:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-700.jpg

800 KMs:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-800.jpg

900 KMs:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-900.jpg

Mileage:
I am getting 47-50 KMPL
Old 24th January 2017, 19:03   #59
BHPian

Quote:
My scooter has been munching miles
Fantastic narration of something simple yet interesting - the first free service. Actually, they should have cleaned the oil strainer and replaced the oil filter - I hope those were done.

Can you do an oil level check as described in the manual and see if the level is within the maximum and minimum marks on the dipstick? 1L is a bit too much for an engine designed to take 700 ml. May be the technician guesstimated and poured 700 ml only as they have billed you such.

Wishing many many fun and peaceful kms on your Milky Bar.
Old 25th January 2017, 10:58   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Finally took delivery of my White Access
Many Congratulations!
Wish you many safe and happy miles with the Suzukis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
Excellent review, As a matter of fact, i went to test the Suzuki access 125 because of your review!
Thank you! Like I said, its my give-back opportunity to this forum for all the help in all my vehicle related decisions! I'm glad if I could help single soul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
Few questions
1. Loved the pickup and suspension, but not sure if the pickup can be reduced (my wife is a newbie and she is learning how to ride).
2. Showroom in koramangala had quoted at-least 30 - 40% percent more on the above accessories and had also included some handling charge etc., how is advaith Suzuki, did you haggle to get the price or were they transparent and gave you the best price?
3. Any idea about the service costs and place where you'll be servicing the scooter?
1. Not sure there is any setting to reduce the pick-up
2. I mentioned the exact rates quoted by Advaith Suzuki - and that was no-bargain price. Infact, there was no scope for bargaining on anything with Advaith Suzuki (Or for that matter- other Suzuki Dealers). I also realized that other dealers of Suzuki and Honda dealers are charging extra for similar accessories. So, I would say it was transparent - and of around 76K paid, I got bill for every penny except for ~Rs900 bucks- and I was okay to let it go given the convenience.
3.I just updated my 1st service experience. It was done at Advaith Suzuki only - and it was fantastic experience. I think I will stick to them. The 1st service cost was Rs.289 (all inclusive).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwanth View Post
Fantastic narration of something simple yet interesting - the first free service.
I quote from the Owner Manual - "1st Service would be the most important service your scooter will undergo in its lifetime".
So, my coverage had to be exhaustive!

Quote:
Actually, they should have cleaned the oil strainer and replaced the oil filter - I hope those were done.
At the time of job-card creation, I asked to make a note of changing the oil filter- and I was told that this scooter does not have oil filter - it has a strainer. And I don't think it was cleaned for any scooter I saw. Checked on internet and I guess strainer is interior part of the engine and hence it is not taken out for cleaning.

Quote:
Can you do an oil level check as described in the manual and see if the level is within the maximum and minimum marks on the dipstick? 1L is a bit too much for an engine designed to take 700 ml. May be the technician guesstimated and poured 700 ml only as they have billed you such.
Will do this oil level check.
On the pouring part- the box of 1L was completely emptied into the funnel for all scooters- as I saw it standing next to the mechanic.

Quote:
Wishing many many fun and peaceful kms on your Milky Bar.
Thank you :-)

Last edited by daretodream : 25th January 2017 at 11:04.

Most Viewed