Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2017, 20:16   #61
BHPian

re: My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. EDIT: 10 months & 4th service completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretodream View Post
At the time of job-card creation, I asked to make a note of changing the oil filter- and I was told that this scooter does not have oil filter - it has a strainer. And I don't think it was cleaned for any scooter I saw. Checked on internet and I guess strainer is interior part of the engine and hence it is not taken out for cleaning.
The old Access had both separately. May be Suzuki removed the oil filter as a scooter doesn't produce as much gunk inside the engine as a motorcycle (due to gears/clutch being housed separately). Strainer should be ideally integrated into the drain bolt like Activa; its a bit difficult to reach to the strainer by removing the covers in a scooter.

Name:  feature8.png
Views: 16511
Size:  233.5 KB
ashwanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 01:11   #62
BHPian

re: My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. EDIT: 10 months & 4th service completed

Quote:
My scooter has been munching miles:

Mileage:
I am getting 47-50 KMPL
Is it necessary to have owner manual even if i go for paid service. Do you have any idea about the labour cost in bengaluru.
You are getting pretty much good mileage figures. Mine hovers around 30-35 KMPL. Currently odo at 7045 Km.
Old 30th January 2017, 15:24   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Is it necessary to have owner manual even if i go for paid service.
They will definitely allow service without service manual. Just that all such service will be 'Paid Service' and not 'Free Service'.

I checked with the Advaith workshop Manager: Mr. Annegowda(9845006603)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Do you have any idea about the labour cost in bengaluru.
You can get an idea of labour charges from below image. Consumables charges- I am not sure.
My guess is that regular paid service job should cost Rs 700-900
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-customer-lounge4a.jpg
daretodream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 11:53   #64
BHPian

My Milky Bar completes a milestone today.
1000 Kms
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-merged.jpg

The moment we hit 1000 KM on the Odo, an alert appeared on the dashboard: "Oil Change". You can see it in the bottom of right side image.

In cars, service center clears/resets Service Reminder via OBD port whenever we give for servicing- but it is not done in Access as there is no OBD port.

As I understand, there is a sequence of long-presses & short-presses of dashboard key to clear this reminder. I will look it up in the manual to clear this Oil Change Reminder.
Old 17th March 2017, 16:23   #65
BHPian

It has been 6 weeks since I last updated this thread.

My Milky Bar has been doing what it does best - doing duty for my son's school drop, my daily office commute(30-50 Kms Round Trip) and grocery runs.
It has been flawless!

I completed 1600 Kms couple of weeks back:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-1600-kms.jpg

RC CARD RECEIVED

I got the RC Card by Registered Post- checked all the details like Chassis Number, Engine Number, Registration Number - and all matched correctly!

MILEAGE
I am getting a mileage of 49KMPL.
Please see the logs below:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-fuelio-screenshot.jpg

DEALERSHIP UPDATE
Today I got call from Mr. Venu Gopal from the dealership Advaith Automation Suzuki- who called to check whether I received the RC Card or not. These small things just reinforces my belief that their customer support has been great!

He profusely thanked and mentioned that around 15 customers have bought vehicles from his dealership due to my review on TeamBHP.
When I asked how - he said people from far corners of city(Marthahalli, MG Road, Kengeri etc) reached to his dealership referring to this review on TeamBHP (some infact showed this thread and pics to Mr. Venu).

I thanked Mr. Venu for the good service offered to customers and wished him luck!
I feel happy and humbled to have contributed to the ecosystem in my small way!

Last edited by daretodream : 17th March 2017 at 16:24.
daretodream is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 20:16   #66
BHPian

Great review! I too took delivery of a red Access 125 Disc yesterday. RTO passing is not done yet, so I won't be riding it much. I haven't yet received owner's manual, insurance papers or any other document. Is the manual available as a PDF anywhere online?
Old 27th March 2017, 22:39   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Many congratulations. Happy and Safe motoring.

I have been riding Access for the past 6 and 1/2 years. It came with 100% imported engine from Suzuki and performing like a new motor even today.

Only problem is the quick wear and tear of the rear brake shoes.
6 1/2 years ! That's fantastic. Even we at our home could have had the newly launched Access back in 2007 if it was upon me to decide.
What I came to know from a person ( who knows his wheels pretty well ) is that Access is high on maintenance. As you mentioned, brake shoes are expensive compared to others, also if not maintained well engine parts too are pretty expensive. Same goes for body parts.
Need a owners perspective, as the new Access is too tempting
Old 4th April 2017, 11:19   #68

Quote:

He profusely thanked and mentioned that around 15 customers have bought vehicles from his dealership due to my review on TeamBHP.
When I asked how - he said people from far corners of city(Marthahalli, MG Road, Kengeri etc) reached to his dealership referring to this review on TeamBHP (some infact showed this thread and pics to Mr. Venu).

I thanked Mr. Venu for the good service offered to customers and wished him luck!
I feel happy and humbled to have contributed to the ecosystem in my small way!
Well another one from Mumbai, booked it on Gudi Padwa hoping to get it registered before wife's birthday ( mid next week)

Any PDI list you can share with me ?

also how do i check from the engine number or chassis the month of manufacturing.
Old 2nd May 2017, 13:39   #69
BHPian

Just got mine delivered last week. Seems like a good scooter. I was sick of the Activa and Honda service quality hence choose a Suzuki this time. Good pick up, stress free engine and neutral/ light handling is what i liked about it yet. FE figures seem to be good too. I'm guessing about 38-45 kmpl during running in. The front does dive a bit but the suspension as a whole feels supple and just on the spot. A lot of cost reduction on the new Access is evident as compared to the outgoing Access.

I wanted to know in case anyone has found out about the engine oil capacity of the New Access 125. Also does it have a separate oil filter element?

Last edited by Crankpin : 2nd May 2017 at 13:45.
Old 5th May 2017, 17:20   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
Just got mine delivered last week. Seems like a good scooter. I was sick of the Activa and Honda service quality hence choose a Suzuki this time. Good pick up, stress free engine and neutral/ light handling is what i liked about it yet. FE figures seem to be good too. I'm guessing about 38-45 kmpl during running in. The front does dive a bit but the suspension as a whole feels supple and just on the spot. A lot of cost reduction on the new Access is evident as compared to the outgoing Access.

I wanted to know in case anyone has found out about the engine oil capacity of the New Access 125. Also does it have a separate oil filter element?
suzuki is no better (in Bangalore) when compared to honda in terms of service. If anything, with Honda you have multiple options within a span of 10 kms to service the scooter. With Access, there is only one for an entire zone and I have always found that to be a big trouble to get my scooter service. I now get it serviced from the SASS once a year, while i get the engine oil changed from Shell at the 6 months interval. My scooter has run only around 11k in the last 6 years.

It does have a separate oil filter element and takes in about 1L of engine oil when I fill and check at shell. While at the service center, they claim it takes in 900ml of engine oil and the remaining 100ml is used for gearbox which I am not very sure is true.
Old 6th May 2017, 00:17   #71
BHPian

So I found out the the new Access requires only 650ml of engine oil. It's mentioned on the engine cooling fan shroud on the right side of the bike near the dipstick
It doesn't have a separate oil filter like the older Access. So 650ml came out and I put in 650 ml back in!

Last edited by aah78 : 6th May 2017 at 00:44. Reason: Removing excessive dots. Please avoid them in your posts. Thanks!
Old 10th May 2017, 20:10   #72
Senior - BHPian

Amazingly detailed thread OP , Of all the scooter I have considered Access seems to be the only with enough info to be considered, thanks to you! I am looking for something fast and reasonably comfortable(budget and practicality not an issue) for daily commute, is there any other scooter I should consider? commute would vary from 10-50km/day.
Old 11th May 2017, 14:58   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Amazingly detailed thread OP , Of all the scooter I have considered Access seems to be the only with enough info to be considered, thanks to you! I am looking for something fast and reasonably comfortable(budget and practicality not an issue) for daily commute, is there any other scooter I should consider? commute would vary from 10-50km/day.
I think the Access 125 or the Activa 125 both would be a good bet. The new Access now comes with a redesigned engine much like the Activa 125 and is the lightest scooter in the category (about 103 kgs) making it a breeze to ride. Plus the front end is light and ultra-manoeuvrable in traffic. From what I am experiencing, the FE is on the better side. With just 400 kms I'm getting about 48 kmpl. roughly which will improve after the services.
Another plus point is Suzuki service centres are less crowded as compared to Honda ones and they usually attend customers.
Crankpin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 15:14   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
Another plus point is Suzuki service centres are less crowded as compared to Honda ones and they usually attend customers.
One of the main reasons why I selected the access over the Activa. My wife rides a Dio, and getting it serviced is a headache everytime. I have 3 service centres nearby, but all are always overflowing with customers.
Old 18th May 2017, 13:13   #75
BHPian

There have been drastic changes in personal life and professional life in last 3 months and I've not got time to update this thread.

My commute has changed due to changes in professional front- earlier it was HSR to Doddenakundi(Bagmane Business Constallation Park) which was 25 KMS round trip. Curretly I commute from HSR to WTC, Yashwantpur which is 40 KMs round trip.

Advaith Suzuki reminded me 3 times to come over for due 2nd Free Servicing - but I'd been so smacked down so hard in personal life and professional front that I didn't have time to go for servicing. I was absolutely helpless.

Now since I've missed the timelines, I will not be eligible for warranty and extended warranty - it is sad, but this life.

The scooter has been a faithful partner in these hard times.
We've completed 2985 Kms as of now.

I intend to take My Milky bar for free servicing in next 7 days.

The mileage I'm getting is around 45-47 KMPL. I believe it will increase after 2nd Free Service.
daretodream is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks