Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2017, 16:56   #1
BHPian

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!

Friends- Presenting to you: my Milky Bar - All New Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition

I brought her home on 12th December 2016

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161217_173702611.jpg

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-original-lookmin.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------
a. Rectangular headlamps – with chrome surrounds
b. Sturdy circular chrome mirrors
c. Alloy wheels with disc brakes in front (Nissin)
d. Cleverly hidden brake oil reservoir for front disk brake
d. Soothing white color – looks so pure & pristine!
e. Maroon leatherette seat (Now covered with black seat cover)
f. Brown color foot board (Now covered with black mat)
g. Smooth Flowing lines in front and side of body
h. 3D Emblem and Tricolour Special Edition Emblem

2. Features
a. Seats- Large & Comfortable: Better family scooter
b. Front telescopic forks with 12 inch alloy wheel & disc brake – better ride and handling
c. Tall handle bar – comfortable riding position
d. Simple Display- No clutter, Easy to read (Odometer, 2 trip meters, Oil Change Indicator)
e. Brake Lock for rear brake – helps in parking in inclines
f. Open under-seat storage without taking out key from ignition slot only- just twist it anticlockwise.

3. Engine/Performance:
a. SEP: Suzuki Eco Performance- Powerful and smooth engine. Starts in 1-kick every time
b. Ride: Comfortable, absorbs undulations and masks the speed well - 70kmph feels like 50kmph
c. Handling: Very Stable and Responsive
d. Power: Keeps you interested till 80 KMPH. Absolutely No stress in 2 adults with 1 kid even on Mall Parking Inclines
e. Exhaust Note: Best among the scooters

What I Dislike
1. Tall Seat Height: I am 6' : No complaints BUT My wife who is 5'5" is not comfortable!
2. Amber Street Lights make Cluster unreadable at night: Cluster is back lit in amber
3. The front telescopes dive on emergency braking – needs getting used to it.
4. Poor Quality of Foot Mat- Very Thin
5. Pillion Foot Rests- The previous generation Access and currrent gen Activa have much better ones
6. No Pass-Light flashing switch

Major Posts covered in this thread:

2. My background with 2-wheeler ownerships

3. Why SCOOTER if you have 2 Cars at home ?

4. Alternatives Considered + Test Ride Experiences

5. Booking Experience

6. Delivery Experience- Part-1

7. Delivery Experience- Part-2

8. Delivery Experience- Part-3

9. Puja Pics and 100 Kms up!

10. Some More Milestones

11. Wife's Gift: New Helmet MT Blade

12. Customer journey of booking Scooter Booked via Paytm to delivery

13. Overall Scooter Review- Part-1

14. Overall Scooter Review- Part-2

15. Overall Scooter Review- Part-3

16. Acknowledgements

Last edited by daretodream : 4th January 2017 at 20:42.
daretodream is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 17:25   #2
BHPian

re: My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. EDIT: 10 months & 4th service completed

My background with 2-wheeler ownerships

Bajaj Pulsar 2003 - Sold in 2016
I had a 2003 Bajaj Pulsar and sold it off as it was outside KA vehicle.
It had done 36000 KMs in 13 years. I could not take care of it because of lack of time in my job.
Back in 2003, I thought it will be fill-it, shut-it & forget-it type of bike that will need zero maintenance- I was wrong and it reflected on the bike - harsh engine, vibration everywhere, protesting to go above 50KMPH. Once I remember the mechanic told me that he could drain only 20-30 ml of oil - it was that badly abused.
I sold it off to neighbor’s driver for 6K & he has restored it and uses it daily.

My Pular's Pic:

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-pulsar-front.jpg

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-pulsar-back.jpg

My wife's Honda Activa 2006 - 102 cc
After disposing Pulsar, I have been using my wife’s 2006 Honda Activa (102 cc) for past 6 years – and even this vehicle was not care for - like my pulsar.

But, this Honda has stood all the abuse and trauma unleashed on her. I would service it once in 1.5-2 years and it would still go happily compared to Pulsar.
I became a fan of Honda Engine and the more I read the more I realized that Japanese engines are known for such finesse, refinement and longevity!

My Scooter Photo along with the new member:

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-family-scooter1.jpg

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-family-scooter3.jpg

I've been taking good care of her for past 1 year and recently did major servicing that costed Rs 5000. After that, she drives like a dream!

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th January 2017 at 15:31. Reason: Closing formatting tag ;)
daretodream is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 17:43   #3
BHPian

re: My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. EDIT: 10 months & 4th service completed

Why SCOOTER if you have 2 Cars at home ?

Reason: Mad Bangalore traffic

Even though I’ve 2 cars at home, I started using scooter for commute in last 8-9 months on DAILY basis because I was saving at least 40-60 mins each day by using scooter for commute compared to a car.
Time is a luxury and I did not want to go back to commuting by car.

My wife doesn't want to learn driving car and her scooter with me all the time - she felt restricted at home even for petty runs!

So, we agreed that we will sell off one of the cars and I will get a new 2-wheeler for my commute. This way, my wife retains her decade old Activa and gets her freedom and I get a new toy - with upgrade in power and comfort!

What I wanted from my scooter?

I was clear :-
1. Power:
a. No stress under riding family (2 adults with kid)
b. Comfortably do up to 70 KMPH without stress when solo

2. Telescopic suspension (Comfort)
3. Disc brakes (Safety)
4. Strong lights (Safety)
5. Long service Intervals (Convenience)
6. Decent Under Seat Storage (Convenience)

Last edited by daretodream : 4th January 2017 at 20:45.
daretodream is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 18:06   #4
BHPian

ALTERNATIVES CONSIDERED
1. Aprilia SR 150
2. Suzuki Access 125 (2016)
3. Honda Activa 125
4. TVS Jupiter – (my wife’s insistence to check it out)

Standard Activa and other models ruled out because they didn’t have either disc brakes or 125 cc engines. I did not want to consider Mahindra's Gutso 125 as it is an untested product.

TEST RIDE EXPERIENCES
My wife wanted to purchase at the earliest so that she gets her Activa back. But, I wanted to test ride each of them, do research on all possible forums and then decide.

So we agreed that we will visit each showroom with my wife and my kid (4.5 years) to check out the models and take the test ride. We carried our own helmets every time!

Aprilia SR150 – First attempt : Returned without Test Ride

We couldn’t get test ride in Naveen Associates (Near Christ College) for reason that I don’t remember.
The vlogs and publication reviews spoke highly about this scooter and I was sold - the kid in me wanted this scooter.

When I first saw the scooter, I immediately realized that seat is not large enough for family rides. It was truly eye grabbing with those sporty looks and nice decals.

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-aprilia-sr150.jpg
image courtesy: couponraja.in

We decided to come some other day for a test ride.

TVS Jupiter
TVS showroom (Kubera Motors, HSR Layout) is less than 0.5KM from my house and is seldom crowded.
The sales person(Mr. Madesh) was quite enthusiastic & cordia. He gave us an extended test ride on TVS Jupiter- once in day time and again in late evening (when it was dark) to give me a feel of headlight of scooter. The test ride scooter had Alloy wheel+ Drum brakes
The alloy wheel + disc brake combo was available in only one color:

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-tvsjupitermillionredition.jpg
Image Courtesy: auto.ndtv.com

1. Broad seats that were very comfortable- Great comfort for 2 adults with 1 kid
2. Both wheels were 12 inch
3. Telescopic forks in front
4. Lights- Low beam was good enough. High beam was just adequate.
5. Ability to kick-start the scooter without putting it in center stand
6. Huge Under Seat Storage
7. Convenience: The showroom and service center was just 0.5 Km from my place
8. External Fuel Cap - A convenience but you need that convenience only once in 8-10 days

Dislikes
1. The disc brake was available in only one color( that was not to my liking

After Sales Service Network and Feedback:
Not many service centers but service center experience has mixed reviews. The service cost was pitched to be very less and availability of spares at the service center was not a problem.
Service Interval was once every 3 months- It was a bummer for me as I was used to once a year service interval from my cars

Honda Activa 125
Honda Showroom (Ananda Honda, HSR Layout) is 2 Kms from my place. The sales manager (Mr. Anil) was awesome here as well – offered test rides in day time and late evening (dark) for my own satisfaction. Test ride scooter was Steel Wheel + Drum Brake Activa 125

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-activa125.jpg
pic courtesy: Honda India Website

1. Broad and Long Seats – Great comfort for 2 adults with 1 kid. Not as comfortable as Jupiter seats
2. More powerful than Jupiter – evident from back to back ride after Jupiter
3. Huge Under Seat Storage

Dislikes
1. High vibrations in handlebars
2. Light was pathetic- both low beam and high beam
3. The engine sound was as if it is protesting at 30-40kmph with 2 adults and 1 kid

After Sales Service Network and Feedback: Lots of service centers but almost all service center experience has poor reviews. But good thing is every Friendly Neighborhood Mechanic can service it and you can get spare parts/components anywhere in India.
Service Interval was once every 3 months.

Suzuki Access 125 - A Horrible and Pathetic Test Ride Experience
One Saturday, when I called up Nine Square Suzuki (Sarjapur Road) for test ride, they asked me to come before 5PM.
When we reached there by 4PM: The shocker – "We don’t give test rides on Weekends" – and when I reprimanded that I came after confirmation on call, the person says he forgot that it was Saturday that day!

So, next Thursday, when I called them for test ride and they asked come before 5PM. So, I left office at 3PM, picked my family & went to their place. The shocker – “We don’t give test rides in this agency. We have another branch near Hosa Road Signal on Hosur Road. Pls go there”. After giving a big piece of my mind to the folks, I proceeded to Hosur Road Outlet.

The gentlemen were horse-playing with each other and not attended me for 5 minutes. When I approached them and asked for test ride – the response was: "Test ride scooter is in for servicing".
I said, “Never mind, let me test ride the Swish 125” – and he said- "Even that is in for servicing" !
I was so irate- can you give me any vehicle test ride – and he said- "All vehicles are in for servicing" !!!

So, I came back pondering if pre-sales is so bad, post sales experience would be even worse. So, I thought I will not pursue Suzuki.

I was sad that Aprilia SR150 is ruled out because of practicality, Suzuki ruled out because of poor experience - which means I have to choose between Activa 125 and Jupiter- both of which do not pull the strings of my heart!

My wife knew that I will remain indecisive - took me to the Honda Showroom and we booked Activa 125 by paying Rs 500.

The salesperson told me that during Diwali, all stocks are exhausted and it will take 2 weeks to get delivery.
I was not quite sold on Activa and was feeling I am missing on a better scooter. Both Aprilia SR150 & Suzuki Access 125 had got raving reviews online and my heart would not settle without doing their test ride!

After calling all dealers, I found Square Auto(Aprilia Dealer) and Advaith Suzuki (Basavangudi) to be most welcoming on phone enquiries and they had the better Google Ratings also. So, I re-attempted my test rides with Aprilia and Suzuki,

Aprilia SR150 –Second attempt for test ride
I went to Square Auto (Lalbagh Main Road). Square Auto gave only 0.5Km test ride. First ride was solo & I was smiling as if I found my toy that I was yearning for. Then my wife and kid sat for test ride- and it was a painful one- we felt our old activa was more comfortable !

Click image for larger version

Name:	aprilia sr150.jpg
Views:	39292
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	1591229
image courtesy: couponraja.in

1. Looks- sporty decals, twin barrel headlamps
2. Super peppy engine
3. Power, Power and power

Dislikes
1. Suspension or lack of it (Felt like I was riding cycle)
2. Small seat - 2 medium built adults are force-fit and extra kid is just not possible
3. Exhaust note – I just hated it
4. Felt like the transmission is stressed – and not able to translate all power produced from engine
5. Lack of accessories- not even a side stand is provided

After Sales Service Network and Feedback: Very Less no. of service centers and mixed reviews. Also, service interval was 3 months.

My wife was not happy at all but she saw my happiness from the solo test ride. She said – that since I will be primary user for office commuting – I can go ahead and buy it - but she will never come on this ride.
Happily I booked the black one by paying 2040- paid by card (paid 2% extra for paying by card)! There was a waiting period of 45-60 days.

When we were going back to our car, I realized why not check Suzuki Access 125 too & Advaith Suzuki showroom was just 15-20 mins ride away.

All New Suzuki Access 125
The showroom had all variants and colors on display. The sales manager (Mr. Venugopal) was extremely courteous and immediately arranged a test ride.
My wife was so disinterested by now as she felt that I am dragging her into time wasting activities. I also took test ride for the sake of taking the test ride.

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-suzuki125se.jpg
pic courtesy: Suzuki Two Wheeler India Website

When I started riding the scooter, I was immediately in awe because of the power & the smoothness of the engine.
From 0-60 speeds, this scooter felt like Aprilia but comfort was mind-blowing - like moving from a Go-kart to a Couch!
Knowing I would hardly cross 60KMPH in my commute - I felt it suited my requirements so better!

Boy, did this scooter surprise me!
I came in, literally dragged my wife for a family test ride & she was also super surprised and smiling after the test ride!
She said why are we wasting money on Aprilia! That moment my decision was done.

I wanted to check the light and it was almost dark by then and Mr Venu gave another test ride- an extended one and it sealed the deal. The light was fantastic on this scooter. This scooter stood apart for me from the pack and delivered on requirements- and more importantly it brought smile to my face. I felt I am getting Aprilia power with better comfort.

Liked- Everything!
Disliked- Nothing!
After Sales Service Network and Feedback: I didn't care. In the hindsight, it is not as good as Honda or TVS, but, hey not as bad as Aprilia! And service interval was 3 months.

So, all scooters in market have 3 months' service interval

Last edited by Aditya : 10th January 2017 at 07:26. Reason: As requested; spacing
daretodream is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 18:41   #5
BHPian

BOOKING EXPERIENCE

Color and Variants selection:

I went to their rooftop godown to select the color & there I saw Special Edition Access 125 in white.
It looked so pristine and pure to me!
I was like a kid desiring a milky bar chocolate. I was planning to change to chrome mirrors- and this model had as standard accessory. I was also planning to get Alloy Wheel + Disc Brake version and this model was Super-Set of all my requirments.

So, All New Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition it was.

Standard Drum Suzuki Access 125 was almost 12-13K cheaper than Aprilia SR150(Rs 83499)
Alloy wheels + Disk Brake version was around 7K cheaper than Aprilia SR150.

DISCOUNTS: Doesn't Matter who gives - as long as you get it
Dealership didn’t give any discounts on this model.
Infact, they suggested to book via PayTm and PayTm will give Rs 3000 as cashback to me post delivery.
I had apprehension on this & it will delay processing delivery etc. – but Mr Venu assured me that they will honor it ASAP.

A separate post is added later in this thread on the entire Paytm booking Experience and Customer Journey

So, I booked the scooter on PayTm - and the dealership immediately got the notification in their account.

I requested that I want to personally select the vehicle that will be allocated to me. I was given 7 scooters of Special Edition for me to choose any one. I felt I was spoilt for choice.

Some pics for you:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-suzuki-godown1.jpg

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-suzuki-dodown2.jpg

Selected Scooter Chassi Number
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-chassis-number.jpg

The Barcode from vehicle taken out and pasted to booking form
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-booking-form.jpg

I checked 3 models and selected one. I didn’t quite find any faults. Just that the selected scooter had the newest tires.

We did the documentation, and I was told that I can collect the scooter on Monday around 5:30 PM(Booking done on Saturday).

Among the Accessories, I opted for
1. Seat Cover Rs 196.51
2. Foot Board Mat Rs 131.01
3. All round Stainless steel Guard (Chrome) Rs 698.72
4. Front Wheel Fender Guard (Chrome) Rs.183.41
5. Apron Beeding guard (Chrome) Rs.637.58

I didn’t opt for Buzzer, handle grips, number plates- as I thought I will get them later as required.

The experience was very good.

I paid Rs 20500 to PayTM for booking of which Rs 20000 will be transferred to Advaith Suzuki and Rs 500 is service charge.

I paid balance money by NEFT as I didn’t want to pay 2% extra charges for card payment.

I also agreed to buy the 3-year extended warranty by paying Rs 620. It will be valid from Dec-2018 to Dec-2021. First 2 years warranty is from Suzuki.

Last edited by daretodream : 3rd January 2017 at 20:21.
daretodream is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 18:49   #6
BHPian

DELIVERY EXPERIENCE - PART-1
I reached the showroom by 4PM.
The scooter was being prepared for delivery- accessories are being fixed in another floor.
So, I went upstairs to oversee the preparations. There were couple of other scooters being readied for delivery.

Let the pics do the talking:

Mr. Venu supervising the work
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_171109122.jpg

Vehicles being polished and accessories being fitted
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_171115638.jpg

Comparison of Alloy wheel with Steel Wheel.
Comparison of Drum Brake vs Disc Brake:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_170358984.jpg

I did not opt for front number place. For those who opted, there is no provision from Suzuki.
So, dealership has a kit arrangement for that. But, they drill hole into the front fender that is made of fiber:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_172328846.jpg

Maintenance Free Battery in front
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_172349201.jpg

Rubber bush placed in drilled holes through which the number plate holding nut will pass:
The left and right fender panels are of metal and front fender panel is of fiber.
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_172921795.jpg

The actual kit on which Number plate will be installed:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_172929618.jpg

My beauty awaiting its turn for kits:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_171141667.jpg

Chrome mirrors: Very Solid, Very sturdy. No vibrations at all
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_171528210.jpg

The dealership gave 700ml of Petrol.
Then the scooter was brought to the delivery area in a lift.

I was given documents as below:
1. Vehicle invoice
2. RTO Tax Receipt
3. Insurance receipt
4. Extended Warranty Receipt
5. Vehicle Manual
6. Battery Warranty Card
7. Receipt for accessories

I was also handed over
8. a first aid kit
9. tool kit
10. 2 leather key rings

Price and discount details
Total paid:
1. Rs 20500 via Paytm Of which Rs 500 is convenience fee
2. Rs 56455 to Dealership
Total Rs 76455 (Of which dealership will receive Rs. 75955 (Paytm Keeps Rs 500)

Invoices Breakup:
1. Vehicle: Rs 61794 – WITH RECEIPT
2. Road Tax: Rs 8233 (Life Time) – WITH RECEIPT
3. Insurance: Rs 2088 (Bharti Axa) (Bumper to Bumper Zero Depreciation) – WITH RECEIPT
4. Extended Warranty: Rs 620 (3rd year to 5th year) – WITH RECEIPT
5. Seat Cover Rs 196.51 – WITH RECEIPT
6. Foot Board Mat Rs 131.01 – WITH RECEIPT
7. All round Stainless steel Guard (Chrome) Rs 698.72 – WITH RECEIPT
8. Front Wheel Fender Guard (Chrome) Rs.183.41 – WITH RECEIPT
9. Apron Beeding guard (Chrome) Rs.637.58 – WITH RECEIPT
10. Affidavit on Address Proof: Rs 200

So, how much amount I paid and did not get Invoice? It is Rs 1172
Hold On!

Total Smart Card charges as per this is Rs 200. So, I guess dealership has taken a part of Rs. 972 as its commission for my seamless experience.
Hmmm- I am okay with that as I don’t want to give any effort on doing self-registration.

Last edited by daretodream : 4th January 2017 at 20:54.
daretodream is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 18:55   #7
BHPian

DELIVERY EXPERIENCE - PART-2

The cluster staging snapshot. The needles does one salute.
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_170916041.jpg

Odometer: 0 Kms
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_164857601.jpg

Scooter look without mirrors
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_164933457.jpg

Special Edition Emblem:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_165317827.jpg

3D Emblem with Special Edition emblem:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_171021999.jpg

Wow! My knees go weak! The scooter with the chrome mirrors fitted:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_171850872_hdr.jpg

Floor Mat: Fit is fine but they are too thin and light in weight.
They've protrusions to fit into the slots in foot-board.
Note the brown color foot-board that is for special edition model only.
The floor mats are only in black - had it been available in brown, I would have taken brown!
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_172845490.jpg

Mobile Charger and Warning:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_170238739.jpg

There are 2 hooks- one in front near knee area. The other under the seat.
Warning Under the front hook
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_170252031.jpg

All ready for staging! Lets take it to delivery area!
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_173129452.jpg

Last edited by daretodream : 3rd January 2017 at 20:22.
Old 2nd January 2017, 19:00   #8
BHPian

DELIVERY EXPERIENCE - PART-2

A lift that can take 2 scooters at a time to ground floor

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_173117391.jpg

Another happy customer with his gang getting pics. Happy faces!
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_173235815.jpg

The two scooters dispatched from 2nd floor to Ground Floor for Delivery Preparations:
and I sprint down the stairs :
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_173338136.jpg

The lift speed is slow:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_173438615.jpg

I can have a coffee while I wait:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_173511355.jpg

And here they are:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_173614347.jpg

My cute Milky Bar!
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_173825682.jpg

Thats me aboard my cutie!
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161212_180120681.jpg

Last edited by daretodream : 3rd January 2017 at 20:22.
daretodream is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 19:03   #9
BHPian

PUJA PICS and 100 KMS UP!

We went to Basaveshwara Temple, HSR Layout next day for Puja

She looks so pure and divine!
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161217_173244229.jpg

My sweethearts: My Son on my scooter:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161217_180613740.jpg

First Big Milestone - 100 Kms!
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161216_202557826.jpg

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161216_202650193.jpg

An opportune picture with the contempories:
Old Gen Access 125, Current Gen Standard Activa, All New Access 125 SE
Stands Apart!
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-img_20161216_091420933.jpg

Last edited by daretodream : 3rd January 2017 at 20:03.
daretodream is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 19:15   #10
BHPian

SOME MORE MILESTONES

222 Kms
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-odo-222.jpg

320 Kms
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-odo-320.jpg

400 Kms
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-400-kms-done.jpg

NUMBER PLATES FIXED

Front: Sticker
I cannot get the drilled plates on this beauty. Period

Also got a nice Lord Ganapathy sticker on the front fender:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-front-number-plate-stickers.jpg

Rear: Opted for Fiber Number Plate
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-rear-number-plate.jpg

Last edited by daretodream : 4th January 2017 at 14:00.
Old 2nd January 2017, 19:17   #11
BHPian

WIFE'S GIFT: NEW HELMET for NEW SCOOTER
Last weekend, My Wife Gifted me a new Helmet: MT BLADE

I did a day long research on a decent helmet within a budget of 5K. The primary research forums were team-bhp and xbhp.
It was clear MT Blade was overwhelmingly supported and had good feedback.

So, I headed to Megha Enterprises, Lalbagh Road and got one.

Megha Enterprises has 3 shops:
1. For all high-end/imported helmets - and it is multi-brand outlet
2. MT Exclusive Store: They've entire range of riding gear from MT!
3. Local/Non Branded/Cheap helmets

Overall, I am extremely happy with MT Blade.
The build quality is top class! I had never wore such a helmet before. It was Studds(Ninja/Jade) till date.
Though it seemed heavy & very tight, I got used to it in 2-3 days.

Also they gave complementary cap & sling bag for the helmet

Key Features of this MT Blade Helmet:
1. The helmet inner lining can be taken out for washing in washing machine and fixed back after drying!
2. There is inner sun visor for those sunny days
3. 3 inlets vents- one on chin and 2 at top
4. 2 outlet vents- at back
5. There are grooves to accommodate Bluetooth headphones so that your ears do not hurt
6. Anti Fog Provision: The main visor has pin-trip holders. It has a provision to put in second glass shield behind primary screen to separate two parts and prevent any air emitted penetrated in the second visor.

I was told that the spare visors cost Rs 950-Rs 1000 each and are readily available. (Not sure about Iridium ones or Tinted ones)

Now- The pics for you:

Inside MT Exclusive Store:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-helmet10.jpg

MT Blade Box:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-helmet1.jpg

Barcode Details
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-helmet2.jpg

Helmet Right Side
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-helmet3.jpg

Helmet Left Side
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-helmet4.jpg

Helmet Back
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-helmet5.jpg

It is snug fit (size- L)
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-helmet6.jpg
Wearing it takes practice!

Love the back view
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-helmet7.jpg

I think it Suits my Scooter
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-helmet8.jpg

Complementary Stickers:
These do not glow/reflect light
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-helmet9.jpg

I hope I will be able buy other riding safety accessories(Gloves, Jacket) over a period of time

Last edited by daretodream : 4th January 2017 at 20:57.
daretodream is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 18:20   #12
BHPian

Customer journey of booking Scooter Booked via Paytm to delivery

Steps done to book on Paytm:
1. Select the Model on Paytm
2. Select Sate
3. Select City
4. Select Dealership
5. Select One of the 2 payment Options:
-Booking + Remaining amount payable at Dealership, or
-Down payment + Financing from IndusInd Bank
6. Amount to be paid is Rs 20000 PLUS Rs 500 Convenience Charge
7. In order to be eligible for cashback, the code was BIKE3K (This promo code can be used only once by a user)
8. Proceed to Payment Gateway and complete payment

Booking Page on Paytm:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-paytm-booking-page.jpg

The booking confirmation email received from Paytm:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-booked.jpg

Mr Venu (Dealership Manager) logged into his Paytm Seller Account- he had the update about my new order.

SHIPPING
Mr. Venu updated in Paytm Seller Panel that the vehicle has been delivered to me. And I immediately got the below shipping confirmation email:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-shipped.jpg

CASHBACK
Within seconds, I also got the the Cashback confirmation email & SMS from Paytm:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-cashback.jpg

DELIVERY EMAIL
Not sure why it came after 2 days. I couldn't care less as I had my scooter already !
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-delivered.jpg

Last edited by daretodream : 3rd January 2017 at 20:05.
daretodream is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 18:16   #13
BHPian

OVERALL SCOOTER REVIEW- PART-1

OVERALL SCOOTER REVIEW

With 400 Kms crossed by the time I publish this review, I will cover in below points:
My usage pattern

Weekdays: 26 Kms Solo Traffic: Heavy-Medium
Weekends: 10 kms Family Traffic : Medium-Light

Highways – Nil

Exterior styling & design
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-original-lookmin.jpg

I love the exterior styling of the scooter. The white colour with chrome looks awesome, pure and divine!
The 3D chrome emblem – it oozes premium.
The integrated pilot light cluster has turn indicators at top and pilot lamps at bottom with chrome garnish in between as below:

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-integrated-signal-light-pilot-lamp-chrome-garnish.jpg

The pilot lamps look cool in dark:

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-pilot-lamps.jpg

The tail-lights are LARGE and also have chrome garnish. They are super bright as well!

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-large-tail-lights.jpg

When buying all-round guards- there were 2-options; Black and Chrome. I opted for chrome.

Overall build quality, fit & finish, paint quality and panel gaps

The paint quality is top notch – and fit and finish is also right up there.

The panel gap is consistent except in the pilot lamp cluster( visible if you have eye for that detail)

COCKPIT
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-cockpit-view.jpg

The seating is taller and very comfortable for me (6 feet). You have a commanding view among the two-wheelers.

The mirrors are of solid built, and there are no vibrations on them anywhere in 0-70 KMPH range. The visibility is also quite good.

The dashboard is back-lit in amber colour lights – which is quite soothing in normal conditions. However, when under Street Lights of Amber Color- I’ve found it quite hard to read the dash! No such complaints otherwise.

The colour scheme – white background and fonts are quite pleasing to the eye.

When you move key to ignition position, the needle gives a sweeping salute and the digital display does a self-check.
Only after the salute I start the scooter- I know its silly as the scooter isn’t fuel injection version.

Video of Cluster Salute:

The buttons are standard affair- the plastic quality is neither great not cheap – just standard. The grips have better feel and its soft. There is very little play in the Accelerator knob.

Left handle switches
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-left-side-panel.jpg

Right handle switches
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-right-side-panel.jpg

I badly miss the flash switch!

Wheels & Tyres

This scooter runs on different sizes for Front Wheel which is 12" rim and Rear Wheel which has 10" rim.

Front Tyre:
CEAT ZOOM D
Specs: 90/90 x 12 54J
Manufacture Week: 3616 i.e. 36th week of 2016(ie Mid-Sep)

Rear Tyre:
CEAT ZOOM SZ
Specs: 90/100 x 10 53J
Manufacture Week: 4316 i.e. 43rd week of 2016 (1st week of Nov)

I found the name funnily rhyming to bollywood movies. Zoom D, Zoom SZ (like Dev D, Dhoom etc)

Recommended Tyre pressure is
Front: 22 PSI(Solo); 22 PSI(Dual)
Rear: 26 psi (Solo); 36 PSI(Dual)

Front Tyre:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-front-tyre-zoom-d.jpg

Rear Tyre:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-rear-tyre-zoom-sz.jpg

Tyre Performance
The performance on concrete road, tar road, no road- it has been fantastic and encourages you to push the handling to more extremes- i.e. confidence inspiring. No reason to complain.
I have no experience on wet-road performance though.
All this experience under regular commuting conditions and not extreme conditions.

Last edited by daretodream : 4th January 2017 at 21:02.
Old 4th January 2017, 18:46   #14
BHPian

OVERALL SCOOTER REVIEW- PART-2

Speedometer Gearbox:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-speedometer.jpg

Space & comfort
Suzuki claims the seat to be broadest/longest in the market. I don’t know specifics- but when I measured by my palm – it was definitely 3 palm-lengths longer than my Activa.

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-large-comfortable-seat.jpg

The seat is so damn comfortable: Slightly slanted for driver, It easily accommodates our family of me (heavy built), wife(medium built) and a kid very comfortably.

Driving position, ergonomics

The leg-room is pretty good – I don’t need to keep my knees outside of sweeping radius of the handle bar – something that I needed to do in my Activa.
-
Driving Position is very comfortable – I can sit upright, my knee is not bent – its comfortable and I don’t have to stretch for the handlebars. The foot- board is also long enough to play with your foot positions.

Interior storage, practicality & boot space
The under seat storage is huge. Better than my old Activa. It can take a standard helmet (not MT Blade) and then something else. My rain-coat is permanent kept in the scooter. I also keep my jacket in it when not riding.

First Aid Kit and Tool Kit in the grooves.
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-huge-underseat-storage.jpg

Tool Kit and Keys Set
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-toolkit-keys-set.jpg

The tool kit is shared between Access and Swish
From left to Right:
1. Tool Bag
2. Open End Wrench (10mm X 14 mm)
3. Socket Wrench (16mm)
4. Screwdriver (+,-)

MORE STORAGE OPTIONS
There is a cubby hole on the left side under the mobile charging slot. It can accommodate a water bottle too.

There are 2 Hooks for those petty grocery runs:

Cubby Hole and Front Hook
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-front-hook.jpg

Foldable Under Seat Hook
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-rear-hook.jpg

The Good: It is Foldable and is a large hook.
The Bad: It is made of plastic – and doesn’t give confidence on build quality. My Old Activa’s hook is of metal and feels super strong.

Any other unique or noteworthy points about the interiors
There are smartly done holes to drain off accumulated water.
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-drain-hole-water.jpg

Also, it is very easy to put the scooter on main-stand. That is better than putting my Activa on main stand.

Last edited by daretodream : 4th January 2017 at 21:07.
daretodream is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 19:01   #15
BHPian

OVERALL SCOOTER REVIEW- PART-3

Engine performance & driveability in the city
In activa, I had to keep the ignition key pressed until the shelf is able to start the engine.
In Access, You just press the starter key once and leave it: the starter motor, as on auto-mode, keeps attempting to start the scooter irrespective of the starter key has been released.

The Next morning after taking delivery, I switched on Choke and started the scooter- engine would die down. It happened around 7-8 times. So, I disabled the choke and then the problem never came back.

Since that day, I have never used the choke. Every morning, I start the scooter by kicking and it starts in 1st kick every single time- even after my vacation of 6 days- it started in first kick!

Once started, the scooter settles in a nice rhythm and there are no vibrations- whether on stand or seated.

The scooter spontaneously reacts to accelerator inputs – unlike activa wherein you have to build engine rev for movement to kick in.

There is smoothness in entire rev-band upto 70 KMPH(Max I have done). I remember Activa 125 test ride- there was vibrations in 0-20 KMPH speeds and there was heavy vibrations in Aprilia at Idle. None of that in Access.

The engine is very smooth and very comfortable on doing steep parking ramps with family onboard- not a problem!
While doing speeds of 30-60 I don’t hear any engine sound and only sound is from accompanying 2-wheelers.

Between 50-70, the scooter goes on a air-suspension – Suspension is too good at absorbing undulations at speed and you can’t stop smiling.

Brakes

The front disc brakes have Nissin Calipers.
front end tends to dive when you grab the brake in sudden/emergency braking. While I was used to this from my old Pulsar, it was a surprise to me in a scooter as my old activa with trailing link suspension had no such problem. So, this might perturb newbies– especially ladies as it can be scary.
I have not experienced front wheel lock so far.

The rear brake, by itself doesn’t have enough bite and you will always need front brake to stop where you want. I appreciate Honda’s CBS (combined Brake System) that balances brake force on both front and rear wheel even when only rear brake lever is operated.
Also –rear brake doesn’t provide any feedback but there is ample feedback from front disc brake.

I have never attempted to test outright power or acceleration or top-speed of the scooter as I am running-in the engine and will probably never do so even after running-in

The Fuel Efficiency is tentatively around 48 KMPL.- I’ll update it in due course of time. My humble activa gave 38-42 KMPL.

I have not found any practical change in turning radius inspite of longer wheel base – nor any problem in flickability of the scooter.

Ground clearance
The scooter has an underbelly protection cover
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-underbelly-guard.jpg

I’ve had no issues at all on Ground Clearance so far- either in activa or in access.

OTHER POINTS:
I feel that the Exhaust should've been up-swept to complement body lines:
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-exhaust-shouldve-been-upswept.jpg

The service intervals are customized
My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-customized-service-interval.jpg

OEM Seat Cover is Stapled onto the seat foam. It is for all OEM that I checked like Honda, TVS etc.
I am not sure why they cannot stitch and make it better.
My extra seat cover has elastic and need not be stapled to foam:

My Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-seats-oem-seats-stapled-seat-cover-elastic.jpg

Pillion Foot Rest
Its pretty average.
Previous generation Access and Current Generation Activas have much better Aluminium FootrestsMy Milky Bar: Suzuki Access 125 Special Edition. 52 months and 18,000 kms completed!-pillion-footrest.jpg

SERVICE
I will go for 1st servicing in week of 12th-20th Jan. Will post complete feedback by then

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th January 2017 at 13:25. Reason: Never put your address and phone number on an open forum. It's not safe. Thanks.
daretodream is offline   (21) Thanks

Most Viewed