Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2017, 16:54   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congrats.

But is this gearing for the top gear? Sounds a bit short geared, with hundred coming up around 7000rpm? Looks like the bike is crossing the max power band at around 110 kmph. Anything above should feel stressed if the engine is similar to the '16.
Looking at the numbers, it looks like top gear is geared to do 15Kmph per 1000rpm.

So, theoretically, 7000rpm would be 105Kmph.
And 8000rpm would be 120Kmph.

Assuming 9000rpm as the max achievable rpm in top gear, it's top speed could be around 135Kmph.

The above numbers, combined with the refinement, road handling and reliability on offer, are all suggesting that in the long run, this bike will be a superb mile muncher/tourer in Indian conditions.

Last edited by abhishek46 : 2nd March 2017 at 16:57. Reason: spellings
abhishek46 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 20:49   #137
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
When you say the ride & brakes are good, they are better than your CBR?
A huge huge improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Looking at the numbers, it looks like top gear is geared to do 15Kmph per 1000rpm.

So, theoretically, 7000rpm would be 105Kmph.
And 8000rpm would be 120Kmph.

Assuming 9000rpm as the max achievable rpm in top gear, it's top speed could be around 135Kmph.

The above numbers, combined with the refinement, road handling and reliability on offer, are all suggesting that in the long run, this bike will be a superb mile muncher/tourer in Indian conditions.
Ya, around that ball-park. 90 came and 6,000 revs started flashing.

And on two wheels and in our traffic conditions, I won't term ~100kmph cruising as slow. Especially on a bike, when you have no airbags, ABS and only one wheel with a thin contact patch for braking.
Sheel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 21:38   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
A huge huge improvement.

Ya, around that ball-park. 90 came and 6,000 revs started flashing.
That is some real positive feedback there Sheel and thank you for sharing the same.

I had booked the Duke250 last week, which I cancelled today. I seem to be gravitating back to the Yamaha with the FZ25 !!

Quote:
....only one wheel with a thin contact patch for braking.
Was this a type buddy, or you were actually serious about your statement??
Old 2nd March 2017, 21:53   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Was this a type buddy, or you were actually serious about your statement??
I think he simply meant that a big chunk of braking is managed by the skinnier front tyre alone. Rear brakes don't add much to the stop-ability of a motorcyle
Urban_Nomad is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 22:26   #140

Quote:
Will try to compile a riding impression whenever I get time. Have done 220kms as of now.
Pic for size reference
Congrats Sheel.
I'm eagerly waiting for your comprehensive review. Can you also include how's pillion seat comfort and posture? I ride a Gixxer and pillion seat is abysmal.
This is also a criteria for my new bike
Old 2nd March 2017, 22:50   #141
BHPian

Quote:
I had booked the Duke250 last week, which I cancelled today. I seem to be gravitating back to the Yamaha with the FZ25 !!
Any specific reason you cancelled the booking D250. Just wanted to know the perspective.

KK
Old 3rd March 2017, 11:23   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post

Any specific reason you cancelled the booking D250. Just wanted to know the perspective.

KK
Well KK, it was the age old "Mind vs Heart" sort of decision bro, and this time I let the Mind win

D250 is really a lovely product, and for somebody who is a biker at heart and looking for a quarter litre engine, this is a MUST HAVE machine.

My primary purpose was city runabouts, which I had actually overlooked in my enthusiasm to buy a new bike. Add to this, I was informed that the bike can be delivered only by the end of March or early April. The need for a 2 wheeler is quite critical for me, and the waiting period was probably the last straw.

The last time I was in such a situation, Mind never stood a chance and it was ALL HEART for my 1.6 GT TDI.

So what did THE MIND decide on, well its the ever reliable and one of the most respected Yamaha of course.

Booked FZ25 yesterday and the delivery is promised for 6 March (Monday).

Last edited by Vik0728 : 3rd March 2017 at 11:25.
Vik0728 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 11:41   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Well KK, it was the age old "Mind vs Heart" sort of decision bro, and this time I let the Mind win

D250 is really a lovely product, and for somebody who is a biker at heart and looking for a quarter litre engine, this is a MUST HAVE machine.

My primary purpose was city runabouts, which I had actually overlooked in my enthusiasm to buy a new bike. Add to this, I was informed that the bike can be delivered only by the end of March or early April. The need for a 2 wheeler is quite critical for me, and the waiting period was probably the last straw.

The last time I was in such a situation, Mind never stood a chance and it was ALL HEART for my 1.6 GT TDI.

So what did THE MIND decide on, well its the ever reliable and one of the most respected Yamaha of course.

Well, I can understand. Even I did just the same last month and went with my mind (lust for a bigger engine) even though I was sort of a Yamaha fan boy and my decision of getting a bike was only made after I saw the pics of FZ25 on the launch day. I had made up my mind to go for FZ25, but then my mind lusted for a bigger engine, as I didn't wanted to change the bike for a couple of years, so mind won.

Ultimately, whichever makes you happy while riding is best for you.

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 3rd March 2017 at 11:46.
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 11:44   #144
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Will try to compile a riding impression whenever I get time. Have done 220kms as of now.
Quote:
Well KK
Many Congratulations to both of you.

I wish Yamaha would have shown more enthusiasm with its new product considering that the FZ range is quite popular across the country. The display bikes are only available with one dealer in Pune as of now. Thankfully, the dealer also has a test-ride bike available.

I am keen on the FZ25, saw all three colours on display and loved the black one. The pearl finish of the turquoise coloured FZ25 also looks amazing. Awaiting ownership reviews soon as it will help me finalise my decision.
//M is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 11:50   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post

Many Congratulations to both of you.

I am keen on the FZ25, saw all three colours on display and loved the black one. The pearl finish of the turquoise coloured FZ25 also looks amazing.
Thank you //M.

Personally, I did not like the Blue shade of the FZ25 as it is the same shade that is available on Fascino. Ironically, the latter was parked right next to this big boy at the showroom and just did not look exclusive!!

The black on the other hand looked like the regular FZs, considering the fact that they also now come with very similar split seats and console setup.

The White shade looks different ONLY because none of the regular FZs have this colour without the clustered graphics/decals.

P.S - IMHO, the engine sound of the FZ25 is much better than the D250, and played a vital part in my decision.
Old 3rd March 2017, 12:30   #146
BHPian

Quote:

Vik0728,
Congratulations on your new acquisition or rather booking. Delivery by March 06, 2017 is seriously quick. I am sure the bike will be getting delivered with registration within such short span of time. All the dealers in Chennai had mentioned a lead time of 20 days.

I am traveling now and will be back to Chennai by Sunday and will cancel the booking on Monday of RE C350.

Please post photos post delivery of your bike and how much is the OTR in Bangalore.
Old 3rd March 2017, 13:39   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
Vik0728,
Congratulations on your new acquisition or rather booking. Delivery by March 06, 2017 is seriously quick.

Please post photos post delivery of your bike and how much is the OTR in Bangalore.
Thank you MDED, and yes the delivery time was the biggest factor for my pick of the FZ25 over the D250.

As I am planning to buy the bike with full cash down, the delivery has been expedited !!

My ownership threads on the forum have always been about my cars, so this may well be my first 2 wheeler thread. I will surely share all the details once I get my hands on the bike.

From what I know, the OTR of FZ25 in Bangalore is 1,42,876/-.
Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 15:43   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Have done 220kms as of now.
Congrats Sheel on getting the FZ25 so quickly, wishing you many many miles of happiness.

Quote:
Congrats Vik0728 on booking the FZ25, thats quick delivery you are getting, I guess you booked the white one?

Meanwhile a couple of online reviews have started popping up :
Overdrive : http://overdrive.in/reviews/2017-yam...t-ride-review/

Motorbeam -

and a few pics of the White (source xBHP thread on FZ25)
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-76d1f4249e2d64099a742e259b4d43ed.jpg  

Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-4ea58771d2dc9f5dfeff2bc1a5e1b6a4.jpg  

Last edited by uday.ere : 3rd March 2017 at 16:03.
uday.ere is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 17:07   #149
BHPian

Quote:
A huge huge improvement.
Congratulations sheel. How is power delivery on bike. Is it linear or sudden surge of power like dukes.

Edit - Think i have the answer below.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 3rd March 2017 at 17:31. Reason: Added edit note
Old 3rd March 2017, 17:18   #150
BHPian

Overdrive's first ride impressions are out.

overdrive.in

Quote:
Like the FZ16, power comes in a very smooth and linear manner with no sudden steps in the power band.
Yamaha reckons that while it may not boast the power or tech of its rivals, this is a proven package and will remain reliable. This is of great importance for Yamaha in our challenging environment, especially considering that some customers are not prompt or particular regarding regular service.
The 249cc mill in the Yamaha FZ25 is a relaxed performer. This engine has been in the Yamaha portfolio for years and has proved itself in off-road applications like the XT250. Low rev performance is strong but the engine doesn’t complain too much if you rev it out to the 10,000-odd rpm redline either.
To sum up then, the FZ25 is an FZ16 with the power it always deserved. This is not the bike for those of you looking for sharp, involving performance. Bikes like the TVS Apache RTR 200 4V, Bajaj NS 200 and particularly the KTM 200 Duke will more satisfyingly scratch that itch. But for those looking for a premium, stress-free and quick motorcycling experience, the FZ25 is your best bet yet.
Congrats Sheel & Vik0728. I am contemplating on replacing my 9 year old FZ16 and have test ridden few options but the FZ's reliable and handling habits are hard to let go.

Last edited by Torino : 3rd March 2017 at 17:26. Reason: Add link
Torino is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed