Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2017, 19:27   #151
Team-BHP Support

Re: Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh

Genuinely surpised and a bit shocked.

FZ 250 beats the Duke 250 in 0-100 timings, as per Powerdrift VBox tests.

What's happening? Physics taking a backseat.

Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-img_20170303_192234.jpg

Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-img_20170303_192258.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 19:40   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

That's because the FZ makes it's maximum torque at 6000 rpm compared to 7500 of Duke. Also FZ weighs 148 kgs compared to 161 kgs of the latter.

Anyway the difference in acceleration is negligible.

Last edited by The Brutailer : 3rd March 2017 at 19:42.
The Brutailer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 20:41   #153
BHPian

Keenly interested about this motorcycle!

Here is a proper exhaust note video from Powerdrift for people who cannot experience the bike yet in person! Also interesting is the fact that Sarge mentioned, Yamaha paying special attention to the exhaust note! At least in the video, it sounds commendable for a single cylinder.

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 3rd March 2017 at 20:42.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 20:58   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post

Congrats Vik0728 on booking the FZ25, thats quick delivery you are getting, I guess you booked the white one?
Thank you uday and yes its an extremely quick delivery, considering the fact that White is one of the most sort after colour.

And of course, I have gone with the White shade. IMO the FZ looks bigger and a whole lot better in this shade.

The pictures don't do justice and one must really see this bike in person, and the White shade particularly makes the bike appear bigger that what it really seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post

Congrats Sheel & Vik0728. I am contemplating on replacing my 9 year old FZ16 and have test ridden few options but the FZ's reliable and handling habits are hard to let go.
Thank you Torino.

I just got off the same boat albeit my FZ16 was around 5yrs old. I had booked a Duke 250 just a week back, and when I sat back home and got over all the hysteria of the D250, these were the exact thoughts that came to my mind:

Bikes like the TVS Apache RTR 200 4V, Bajaj NS 200 and particularly the KTM 200 Duke will more satisfyingly scratch that itch. But for those looking for a premium, stress-free and quick motorcycling experience, the FZ25 is your best bet yet.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 21:37   #155
Team-BHP Support

Despite having a frigging 15 bhp [we had 15 bhp motorcycles a decade back & we used to boast about it] less, it is comparable to the 400 by Bajaj, wow, that is Yamaha for you.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 07:43   #156
Team-BHP Support

Have done 300 kilometers. I am surprised as to how smooth the bike is. The gear shifting, the clutch action, the precision in the way it moves is astonishing, I am surprised.

The tires might grip a bit better, but let them bed in to further comment upon. The MRF's were brilliant in my R15. The headlamp has been finally aligned and while it does lighten up things, I feel it fades when there is a vehicle approaching, but, the lamp is provocative enough to lower their beams. But still, functionality wise, it might not be optimum.

I believe, I am getting a genuine 30kmpl+ economy as of now.

The tank extensions are difficult to clean and might prove to be a disaster if someone is shipping the bike on a train. The ORVM's aren't good either, have limited view. The silencer is a bit more jutted outwards, easy to scrape if you are not careful [just like the CBR-250R]

Things are pretty similar to the FZ-150. But just a hell lot smoother.
Sheel is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 08:20   #157
Team-BHP Support

Motorbeam guys have opposed the powerdrift timings. Faizal Khan says -

"We rode on the same road today. Seems they have tested the 0-100 timings on a downslope. It is just not possible for the FZ25 to be so fast. Can't defy physics."

Might need to watch out for the numbers from some more magazines.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 09:11   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Booked FZ25 yesterday and the delivery is promised for 6 March (Monday).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
A huge huge improvement.
Congratulations to both of you.

There isn't a lot of buzz about the FZ25. Hence, there is no escalated waiting period. The FZ25 could be a sleeper hit, may gather sales over a period of time instead of high initial bookings.

The 0-100 timings from PowerDrift spiced up the things. Looks like Yamaha reminded people "Don't judge a bike from its on-paper spec".

AFAIK, they did the same while launching the R15 way back in 2008. Many were put off by the skinny looking tyres and there where speculations that the skinny tyres would result in poor handling. On the contrary, the R15 V1 is still the benchmark for many in handling.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 09:18   #159
BHPian

Quote:

Looks like Duke 250 is in the 4th gear here.
Anybody aware of the gearing on the Duke 250? Is it the same short gearing as the Duke 200?
More number of gearshifts sure could affect the 0-100 timing right?

The Duke to me (At least my Duke 200) feels like the Tasmanian Devil Taz we had in looney tunes. All hyper enthusiastic.
Brings a smile to your face shifting its gears again and again on its way to Silly illegal speeds.
Old 4th March 2017, 19:08   #160
Team-BHP Support

Autocar and Xbhp reviews are out.

http://m.autocarindia.com/Reviews/Re...=404331&page=1

Quote:
The FZ25 is a good motorcycle, especially for the city. It is stylish, torquey and comfortable (in some senses); it, however, misses the mark slightly. Present owners of the FZ16 will find it a good upgrade as long as they want to stay in the FZ family, but beyond that, it feels behind its time.
https://www.xbhp.com/yamaha-fz-25-re...ntlemans-game/

Quote:
The Yamaha FZ 25 ain’t no hooligan, it is a sedate machine which will do absolutely everything you need, without breaking a sweat!
Mostly reiterating what is expected, that it's quite a nice city ride. Except for this one pointer by Autocar which was a surprise for me, since Yamaha usually is the best in terms of quality.

Quote:
Where the FZ25 really drops the ball, though, is in quality and equipment. The plastics are of a poor quality, and the fitment of panels is disappointing too: our brand-new test bike gave out a cacophony of rattles.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 19:21   #161
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Autocar and Xbhp reviews are out.
The thing is, most are paid reviews. You can't associate Team-BHP level of non-bias with any publication.

I am not saying that what they say is wrong, but riding just for one day, shooting pictures too, editing your write-up & publishing it...? Whoa, that is too much man.

I would rather wait for matured content from members who are level headed enough. I posted few times in the so called most popular 2 wheeler forum and people were not ready to accept that I am criticizing something which I had owned/paid for. So, that is it.

This bike is no great shakes, true, but whatever it does, does exceed [at least] my expectations. It sure isn't as fast as the bike it replaces in my garage, heck, it has 1 gear less, doesn't have DOHC or liquid cooling, but the way it just rides and goes about, has made me love Motorcycles much more.

I have got this as a strict city commuter with ocassional rides to curvy roads and hills, which it should do just fine. If I feel I am going out often and its running out of breath [this is a joke actually on our roads, but yes, those multi cylinders are good to have] I will think of buying something like the 2017 N-650.
Sheel is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 12:42   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mostly reiterating what is expected, that it's quite a nice city ride. Except for this one pointer by Autocar which was a surprise for me, since Yamaha usually is the best in terms of quality.

Quote:
Where the FZ25 really drops the ball, though, is in quality and equipment. The plastics are of a poor quality, and the fitment of panels is disappointing too: our brand-new test bike gave out a cacophony of rattles.
Overdrive Report:

Quote:
Yamaha revealed that the plastic panels are now thinner but with adequate strength, all in the name of keeping weight down.
Can't exactly Blame Yamaha, after all that's what the consumer seems to want . i.e "Big Bulky Looks"... but obviously Yamaha had to keep weight down to take advantage of the available power/torque.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th March 2017 at 14:58. Reason: Removing unwanted spaces.
Old 5th March 2017, 14:42   #163
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The thing is, most are paid reviews. You can't associate Team-BHP level of non-bias with any publication.

Magazines authenticity and bias may be questionable, but are you willing to say the same about xBhp, a forum on which you have spent a considerable amount of time?
HyperRetard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 14:53   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperRetard View Post
Magazines authenticity and bias may be questionable, but are you willing to say the same about xBhp, a forum on which you have spent a considerable amount of time?
OT: xBhp is fairly neutral by saying FZ250 is a mature bike while Duke250 is a hooligan.

But will agree. TeamBHP's neutrality is unmatched. Unfortunately, there aren't many TBHP Official Bike Reviews.

Last edited by The Brutailer : 5th March 2017 at 14:56.
The Brutailer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 18:30   #165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperRetard View Post
but are you willing to say the same about xBhp, a forum on which you have spent a considerable amount of time?
*So, as per you what made me move away? [I just posted a few replies after many years, but that was it]

The day the founder has guts to start a thread like this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...ependence.html would we get talking.

*I am not interested in knowing your POV, you may share, you may not. I moved away because I felt like. And if you are really comparing that forum to be like Team-BHP, then I better not progress further. I respect powerdrift's way of working things, authencity much more than them.

Last edited by GTO : 5th March 2017 at 19:59. Reason: Last line not needed - thanks :)
Sheel is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks