Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2017, 21:55   #271

Re: Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 337699gsd View Post
Hello guys,

She came home gleaming in Cyan color!
Congrats 337699gsd happy revving and ride safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sid View Post
This is one of the things on the FZ25 that I have been curious about since its launch. Would it be possible for you to put up some pics of the headlight beam throw?

LED headlights are more than a gimmick. Even if you solely consider the superior lumens-per-watt numbers of modern LED's, you will see that it is a win-win. Your headlight draws only 35W total. If it is better than a regular 60/55W halogen, you reduce load on the engine in addition to getting more light. AFAIK Yamaha has installed a lower power alternator because of the reduced load of the headlight on the electricals.

Also, do you know how much the headlight costs in spare parts? Sorry for the multiple requests.
Some one has made a video of the beam throw -

IMHO this is bit misleading since it's tested in super dark area, but you will get an idea on throw.

Mine is very badly aligned as of now and it does flicker too on uneven roads, very irritating, need to get it fixed ASAP.

Not sure about the cost, when I visit I will check and let you know.
skyliner34 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 13:23   #272
Senior - BHPian

Took delivery of my FZ25 in Black yesterday. Have named her 'Karuthamma'

Getting back to biking after a decade, so I am just too excited to be back on 2 wheels.

The initial observations are good so far.

1. The torque delivery is quite nice and flat, a boon in urban traffic.
2. The bike feels quite lite & nimble making it instantly comfortable in navigating through tight lanes. Less than 24 hours with the bike and this is something very good.
3. The exhaust note is quite nice, havent revved it beyond 5K RPM except for the occasional bursts of sprinting.
4. The registration is not done yet, so I cant mod anything for now. But the tire hugger/saree guard and the MRFs are going away as soon as the registration is done.

The headlight alignment for the high beam is quite bad and there is mild vibration of the headlight unit while riding over broken road. This is something I will let the dealer fix when I drop it for the registration.

Since out of touch for long from bikes, I am having a bit of struggle in getting the gears right through slow speeds. I am usually +/- gear than ideal, something I am sure I can get it right soon with regular riding.

Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-20170413114209.jpg
anachronix is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 13:37   #273
Team-BHP Support

For sure, Pirelli\Michelin will be sticky but with that fantastic chassis, I (as of now) feel content with them, but they need to be warmed up first.
And Congratulations ��
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 13:50   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Took delivery of my FZ25 in Black yesterday. Have named her 'Karuthamma'

The headlight alignment for the high beam is quite bad and there is mild vibration of the headlight unit while riding over broken road. This is something I will let the dealer fix when I drop it for the registration.
Attachment 1629361
Congrtas anachronix Mean looking machine in black.

Exactly the issue I'm facing with headlight, glad I'm not alone
In fact I complained about this the first day, all they did was unscrew and screw back some joints, it's improved but it still flickers, very annoying at night, please keep me updated on this issue, so will I.

Last edited by skyliner34 : 13th April 2017 at 13:51.
skyliner34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 14:30   #275
Senior - BHPian

A special thanks to you Sheel! I booked the bike, just a day after reading your review here

I am looking at the Michelin Pilot Street, the Pirellis are too soft is what I heard. Not sure thought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
For sure, Pirelli\Michelin will be sticky but with that fantastic chassis, I (as of now) feel content with them, but they need to be warmed up first.
And Congratulations ��
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 17:11   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyliner34 View Post
Some one has made a video of the beam throw -

IMHO this is bit misleading since it's tested in super dark area, but you will get an idea on throw.
Thank you for sharing that link. I have just found out that even user The Sportztourer (I think the spelling might be a little off) has made a comparison video of the headlights of the FZ25 and RTR200. The latter scores better in terms of optics.

Quote:
Mine is very badly aligned as of now and it does flicker too on uneven roads, very irritating, need to get it fixed ASAP.
Quote:
The headlight alignment for the high beam is quite bad and there is mild vibration of the headlight unit while riding over broken road.
I am curious to know what changes in the alignment you will do. The flicker problem sounds bad. What are the chances that they have kept the mounts flexible on purpose, perhaps to protect the headlight from vibrations?

Quote:
Not sure about the cost, when I visit I will check and let you know.
Thanks for noting my request!

Quote:
I am looking at the Michelin Pilot Street, the Pirellis are too soft is what I heard. Not sure thought!
You could consider the Pirelli Sport Demon. It's a medium compound tyre with great grip and should be cheaper than the Pilot Street which is an excellent tyre.
Old 13th April 2017, 20:03   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Congrats 337699gsd, on getting your gleaming new Cyan FZ. Wishing you many many happy miles. Eagerly look forward to your ownership report and whilst we wait, how about some more pics from various angles, considering you seem to be the first here with the Cyan variant.
Sure, photos and the report will be updated soon. Please allow me some time!

Quote:
Congrats 337699gsd happy revving and ride safe.
Thanks! skyliner34 and congratulations to you as well! Hoping to see more from your side too.

A lot of fellow owners are complaining (are not happy) about the headlamp. To be honest and keeping the biasing away, the throw is not as disappointing as it sounds from the comments so far. Yes, the spread is what one can blabber about but only when it is on the high beam. Low beam is as good as the contemporary halogen lamps or even better than them (?)

But how to improve the high beam throw and spread?
- Adjust this screw below the front left turn indicator it will cause the reflector to go up and bring some smile to the face!
The result won't be as significant as it may sound but is manageable unless one is traveling extensively on the dead dark highways. Which allows me to say, headlamp on the FZ-250 can not be a dealbreaker by any chance!

Cheers!
337699gsd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 22:39   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 337699gsd View Post
Hello guys,

She came home gleaming in Cyan color!
So Yamaha it is!! Congratulations 337699gsd for getting this fantastic machine. End of brain racking decision & beginning of a new journey. One long ride on the open highway & you will feel all the headlight/heating talks miniscule. Wish you miles of happiness filled journey.
Ride safe.
Sportztourer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2017, 13:36   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportztourer View Post
So Yamaha it is!! Congratulations 337699gsd for getting this fantastic machine. End of brain racking decision & beginning of a new journey. One long ride on the open highway & you will feel all the headlight/heating talks miniscule. Wish you miles of happiness filled journey.
Ride safe.
haha, Yes Yamaha!
The RTR 200 gave me tough time though! Thanks to you for those videos and inputs which solved a lot of puzzles for me. Happy riding to you as well brother! Keep revving!
337699gsd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 09:20   #280

Here is a small video I made regarding bike's HU performance in real world.
Also note the HU vibrations on patchy surfaces. Not sure if this issue is random or design fault.

Post beam adjustments the spread and throw is much much better for low beam
skyliner34 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 12:36   #281
Senior - BHPian

I experience similar vibrations in my FZ, I doubt if this is random. But an issue that Yamaha needs to fix.

Quote:
Also note the HU vibrations on patchy surfaces. Not sure if this issue is random or design fault.
Old 19th April 2017, 13:57   #282

Quote:
I experience similar vibrations in my FZ, I doubt if this is random. But an issue that Yamaha needs to fix.
Let me know if you get a solution for this from svc guys, will do the same.
Old 19th April 2017, 15:16   #283

Now I'm starting to wonder if it's a design flaw from Yamaha forgetting Indian road conditions
skip to 2:33 in below video.
skyliner34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 22:10   #284

Hi folks, I just found this video and it's looks quite disturbing. I was looking for a new bike and picked FZ25 against Mojo.

Can the current owners of FZ25, check this out?

Let us know if you were able to replicate this?
Davelloyd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 16:54   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davelloyd View Post
Hi folks, I just found this video and it's looks quite disturbing. I was looking for a new bike and picked FZ25 against Mojo.
Wow, so the FZ16 owners get a free upgrade with their existing keys

Technically this should not be possible, as every key unit is supposed to be unique. If this is actually a goof-up then Yamaha is in deep trouble.
Funny is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks