Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2017, 10:58   #301
BHPian

Re: Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Bike is much more responsive after the service, and the rear brake has become less effective! I have to get the brake adjusted I guess, since it was better before the service.
This is a common issue with all bikes immediately after they come out of service. They spray diesel on the discs too and it will take about a day for brakes to resume their normal duties. In addition, since yours is a new bike, the rear brake may take some more time to 'bed' in. This is a common characteristic. Try pumping the rear brake foot pedal at low speeds, that should help with the bedding process.
hothatchaway is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 17:44   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Guys suddenly this thread has gone silent and no updates here for almost 4 weeks now. Hope you all FZ25 owners are enjoying your rides. I can count at least 6 FZ25 owners here:
  • 337699gsd
  • Vik0728
  • sheel
  • anachronix
  • skyliner34
  • nma83
Vik0728 has been kind enough to keep his ownership thread updated, but haven't seen any other ownership threads coming up or have I missed those. Guys post your experience with FZ25 over here. I know off late Vik0728 has not been very happy with his bike due to cropping up of some of the issues like brake squeaking, rattling, hard seat etc. Is it the same with all you guys?
Hey AutoIndian,

Sorry for not keeping this thread updated with the report, was kinda busy with some commitments at work, but this weekend is being kind to me and here's my short report to help the prospective owners.

The odo reads some 2000 odd km and there are no issues so far except for some niggles here and there.
I have also gone through the post where Vik0728 has mentioned the issues he is facing but I beg to differ on a few. Allow me to share my observation/opinon on those issues one by one,
  1. Quality of the spares - They are fine enough. Not at par if you compare FZ 25 and the Ninja or R3. Even I come from a Jap (Suzuki GS150R, a legend btw!)
  2. Rattling, Yes, crunching of parts every time, no. - Tappet noise was there, got it rectified using the filler gauge and it never bothered me again. There was a extremely acute ratteling noise at around 3000-4000rpm, reported it to the SVC but they couldn't rectify it and called up their service area manager for that. The manager in turn asked the SVC not to touch the engine and asked me to come by the next date when his visit to the SVC was scheduled. Following the suit I visited the SVC and met the manager with the problem I had. To my utter shock, there was no sound or rattle when I crancked up the engine in front of the manager. He said,"This is a Yamaha engine and I can bet anything on its quality. Things will be sweet as you pile up more Km on the odo" From that day, there's really no such sound and even I forgot that it had any problem of that sort.
  3. The rear disc brakes have been squeaking - They do. I have seen a guy who had to change the rear disc pads at 5000km.
  4. Braking - Umm, no complaints on this front, have been using it on the wet surfaces too. Tyre and break combination keeps the vehicle on the whees.
  5. Seat is quite hard - Hell yes! Sore bum after 100-125km guaranteed.
Outta 2000km on the odo, I did 800-900km on the highways. 80-100 kmph is the sweet spot and effortless. Solves my purpose of having a 250cc mill. And for the rest of the kms in traffic, it performed quite well.
Need of 6th gear? I had it in my GS and outta habit I often go hunting the 6th one, but trust me, even without it, things are going good even on the highways!
No heating issue, no tantrums.
Headlight after an adjustment is good, but i wish to have a proper high beam. High beam on this setup is a miss.
Fuel economy is also decent. I got around 37-39 on the highway and 35-36 in the city conditions. I am satisfied with these figures.

Overall, I am satisfied and would recommend it at this price point (at 1.4lacs on road, you can't go wrong with this machine.) btw, it still manages to catch an eyeball on the roads, inquiries at petrol pumps and traffic signals.. ahem!

Cheers!
337699gsd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 08:15   #303
Team-BHP Support

Well well well, this bike did well yesterday without a slipper clutch. I was too hot and a corner came up, front brakes and straight to 2nd and I was pleasantly surprised to see the bike holding its line despite the wheel hop. The wheel hop was immense but not once did the bike go out of line, despite me trying to brake as hard as I can from the front brakes.

I believe the light build [weight] was the reason for this immense hopping. And on the limit, we can do with better rubber. While the tires are from MRF, they are not in the same league as R15 tires from MRF, especially the R15 V1 tires.
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 13:42   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

hello bhpians,

I had a chance of having an FZ25 to myself for an hour today. I rode it for 50 kms inside city and on the highways. Here are my personal opinion from the test ride:

Positives:
Very comfortable riding position
Sweet exhaust note for a 250 cc single
Refined engine
Wide seat for the rider, good ergonomics
Impressive handling
Good ride quality
LED lamps, looks and paint quality
Gearbox
Surprisingly lively (more so than the CBR 250R) performance till 80 kmph
unbelievable Fuel economy - 34 kmpl at 110-120 kmph riding all through

Negatives:
Performance >100 kmph not as good as rivals. Engine hates to rev beyond 8000rpm in 5th gear (my CBR 250R used to rev till 10000 rpm in 6th) 100kmph comes at 6400 rpm, 110 kmph at a high 7200 rpm and 120 close to 8000 rpm. Beyond 8000 rpm, there isnt much juice.
Top speed was lowest in segment - 130ish, but it was windy and I am a heavy guy
Lack of 6th cog & ABS
MID - specially clock, IMO time should be displayed always, should not be like a trip meter which we press to note. Gixxer SF had a more extensive MID.
Switchgear plastic quality did not feel like a yamaha, it felt like a bajaj.

But at 1.4 lakhs on-road, Yamaha FZ 25 is the most affordable 250cc. Wins logic purely by VFM, handling, practicality, fuel efficiency and ride quality over top end performance.
ABS and a 6 speed gearbox would have made it a complete package though.

Here is a small ride report I made for my youtube channel:

A few pics with my Duke 390:
Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-wp_20170728_07_43_04_pro-3.jpg

Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-wp_20170728_07_43_46_pro.jpg

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 28th July 2017 at 13:54.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 14:15   #305
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Prasanna. I concur with your findings. The engine is actually throaty but feels like tuned for efficiency which only reflects your fuel efficiency numbers. It misses the happy rev nature of Yamahas.

Very comfortable to an extent it feels like a very safe yamaha for a change . The ergonomics are perfect for a family rider. Its definitely not the bike segment you can expect performance to give you the thrills.

I am just wondering why we have this 250cc segment at all. The D200 feels more lively than most 250cc bikes including their own 250cc.

Last edited by VW2010 : 28th July 2017 at 14:19.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 12:16   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I believe the light build [weight] was the reason for this immense hopping. And on the limit, we can do with better rubber. While the tires are from MRF, they are not in the same league as R15 tires from MRF, especially the R15 V1 tires.
Both the R15 V1 and V2 rubber were relatively softer rubber and hence had better grip than the average MRF's.

You could potentially look at the Pirelli Sport Dragon for the front and the Michelin Pilot Sport Radial as the next tyre change, which would definitely improve the feel and grip levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
I am just wondering why we have this 250cc segment at all. The D200 feels more lively than most 250cc bikes including their own 250cc.
For a 200 they have to make it lively to be able to keep up with a 250, a bigger engine will allow you to be slightly more relaxed in comparison. Agreed the FZ25 is a little too relaxed, but it does appeal to a different genre than the CBR250 rider segment who perhaps don't want a lively ride but do appreciate having some amount grunt available on tap if needed.
Old 15th August 2017, 23:35   #307
Senior - BHPian

Saw this video on YouTube, where the duo did a trip 2000 km round trip from Delhi to Spiti Valley and back on the FZ25. Looks like this trip was sponsored by Yamaha & xBHP. The FZ25 has come out with flying colors. Though the lady in the video is being over-dramatic the gentleman has provided a very good feedback @ this Yamaha

Old 26th August 2017, 21:06   #308
Team-BHP Support

Sweet sweet little Motorcycle this.

I was flying on these kinda roads for 3 days and she didn't protest, nothing went off, worked itself loose. For a perspective, I used to take over an hour to cover this 16 kms in my 4X4 Scorpio. And on this sweet bike I used to do the distance in almost half the time. I don't think I can abuse a motorcycle further. A bit fidgety at top of the rev band [cross winds] but that is it.
Sheel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 09:18   #309
Team-BHP Support

Had another small ride yesterday. The best part is, you don't even realize that you are hitting the limiter till you don't see the tacho flashing or upshift realizing that you have hit the ceiling.

Prior to buying, and looking at the spec sheet, I didn't realize that I will enjoy this bike so much as the spec sheet was pretty mediocre but this thing is as fast as the CBR 250R till ~100 kmph and much much sure footed.

How I wish the MT 03 came to India, I would just go ahead and buy it.
Sheel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 11:48   #310
BHPian

Quote:
I was flying on these kinda roads for 3 days and she didn't protest, nothing went off, worked itself loose.
How is the grip in wet/slush? I keep reading that the rear tire hugger is useless in such conditions and the pillion gets sprayed with muck.
Old 28th August 2017, 15:27   #311
Team-BHP Support

Useless you say, try a slush without the hugger and then you will realize its importance.

The entire rear mud flap should have been designed better, my Honda 250 had much better looking mud guard and it stopped muck being thrown. So yes, that is one negative. But the hugger protects if you aren't WOT.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 15:33   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Useless you say, try a slush without the hugger and then you will realize its importance.

The entire rear mud flap should have been designed better, my Honda 250 had much better looking mud guard and it stopped muck being thrown. So yes, that is one negative. But the hugger protects if you aren't WOT.
Thanks, this is the only thing which is holding me back from buying it, I am checking if the older FZ2.0 full cover could fit on the FZ25. In Chennai even small drizzles leave the road with slush and I don't want to go to office with muck on.
Old 17th September 2017, 21:22   #313
Team-BHP Support

Had another small ride today. I believe pictures would do all the talking.

I couldn't lean further, thanks to very bumpy, uneven surface with bad patches at almost every corner. Bike is a blast to ride and is good for 120kmph, post that it looses steam. But the fun <100 kmph is unmatched as is the composure in corners, hills and braking.
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-img_0006.jpg  

Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-img_0008.jpg  

Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-img_0009.jpg  

Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-img_0023.jpg  

Sheel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 22:16   #314
BANNED

How is the riding comfort?

Had ridden a brand new FZ16 and it was having crappy ride quality when compared to other 150 cc bikes.
Old 20th September 2017, 08:31   #315
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
How is the riding comfort?

Had ridden a brand new FZ16 and it was having crappy ride quality when compared to other 150 cc bikes.
There is no underlying stiffness as a sportsbike [R15] but is not plush [like the CBR 250R]

Do check the air pressure of tires, because of the wider rear tire, people tend to fill more air than recommended.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks