Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2021, 23:28   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
The bike also has one of the worst cheap instrument console.

Praying the spirit of RX 100 and RD 350 comes back.
Cannot agree with you more. Such a cheap looking and feeling console they have dumped on the FZ25. Even the Apache 200 gets far better looking units.

In many ways, the R15 is the spiritual successor to the RX100, simple light, peppy, sporty and the kind of motorcycle that a teenage boys would put up in their bedroom walls!
Old 20th June 2021, 22:11   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Cannot agree with you more. Such a cheap looking and feeling console they have dumped on the FZ25. Even the Apache 200 gets far better looking units.

In many ways, the R15 is the spiritual successor to the RX100, simple light, peppy, sporty and the kind of motorcycle that a teenage boys would put up in their bedroom walls!
FZ25/FZS25 has that real time and average fuel consumption indicator which the Apache RTR 200 4V lacks, I am told. This mileage indicator is missed in even Gixxer 250.
Old 21st June 2021, 19:21   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastdriver View Post
FZ25/FZS25 has that real time and average fuel consumption indicator which the Apache RTR 200 4V lacks, I am told. This mileage indicator is missed in even Gixxer 250.
I was not talking about the features the cluster offers, but rather the way they look and feel. Just look at how cheap the FZ25's cluster looked - at least the inverted LCD in the new variant masks this to an extent.

Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-yamahafz25speedometer.jpg

Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-yamahafzs25instrumentcluster.jpg

Look at how much more classy and upmarket the RTR's console looks in comparison -

Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-03tvsapachertr2004v2.jpg
aravind.anand is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 00:07   #409
BHPian

That one is numbers on a rectangle. The other one is numbers on a pentagon

Yeah, it would be cool if Yamaha gave it the unit from the R15. But bottom line, it's just a bigger rectangle.

Why give it undue importance? Sooner or later, the numbers are all you're gonna be noticing, not the shape of the screen.

So what if you have to live with a cheap looking instrument screen? The fact that you get this bike for just a couple thousands over the RTR200 is the talking point here. Every other 250 is priced tens of thousands higher.

Last edited by drt_rdr : 22nd June 2021 at 00:12.
drt_rdr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 19:54   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_rdr View Post
So what if you have to live with a cheap looking instrument screen? The fact that you get this bike for just a couple thousands over the RTR200 is the talking point here. Every other 250 is priced tens of thousands higher.
It is not only looking cheap. It even lacks features by 2021 standards. Gear Indicator, Clock (Present) but you can view either odo, trip a or b or clock and the console is tiny. Compare it with apache 200 you get more features for the same price (adjustable front shocks, blue tooth connectivty with navigation), both make same power.
Old 22nd June 2021, 23:23   #411
BHPian

Gotta face it, those bells and whistles on the RTR are great apparent value. I mean, adjustable levers, suspension, slipper clutch, GTT, navigation and whatever the hell else they've added make Yamaha look like a poverty stricken manufacturer.

Then again, TVS makes every other manufacturer look like a poor choice, even their buddy, BMW.

Quote:
Compare it with apache 200... both make same power.
Only on paper. You can't seriously believe the FZ is doing nothing with the 50 ccs of displacement advantage, can you?

I remember, when the FZ25 was first launched, publications put out 0-60 acceleration times below 3 seconds. The RTR was slower by half a second or more IIRC. 0-100, RTR was blown away by the FZ. This was back when both bikes weighed 4-5 kgs lesser than now.

BS6 has done its job by making bikes slower for more money but the difference in speed between them probably would not have changed. Let's not forget you'd also be working the RTR harder while hauling loads or riding faster.

So, all said, the RTR is a slower bike hiding behind all those shiny features.

It's up to you to decide what you value. Shiny bells and whistles or stronger engine?
drt_rdr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 14:50   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Price reductions are always good. BMW learnt their lesson with G310R.
I think the primary reason Yamaha India is unable to sell because most of their bike are absolutely disgusting. Except the R15 of course. Hope they onboard some good designers.

The original FZ was and still is quite a looker. They just ruined in the later iterations just like Hero did with Karizma.

Looking at Yamaha India bike website recollects Jeremy's quote on Scottish restaurant menu "not much in it and nothing you want".

Attachment 2162946
They should introduce more powerful version of the FZ25 of 25 bhp at least and six speed transmission for the diehard Yamaha fans . The older version though quite a looker had a poor and shaky headlight. This bike is quite boring on highway if one rides at more than 115 kmph because of the lack of the sixth gear and lower power of 20.8 PS. But mileage is quite good at over 35 kmpl.
Old 20th July 2021, 15:46   #413
Senior - BHPian

Yamaha FZ 25 MotoGP Edition aunched, priced at Rs. 1.37 Lakhs.

Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-20210720_155349.jpg

Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-yamahafz25motogpedition.jpg

The Monster Energy MotoGP Edition of the quarter litre naked bike will be produced in limited numbers and will be available by the end of this month.

Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-yamahafz25motogpeditionside.jpg

The Yamaha FZ 25 MotoGP Edition price is Rs. 2000/- more than the regular variant.

Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-yamahafz25motogpeditionprice.jpg

No changes have been made to the motorcycle apart from the different paint scheme.

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 20th July 2021 at 15:54.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 19:46   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_rdr View Post
BS6 has done its job by making bikes slower for more money but the difference in speed between them probably would not have changed. Let's not forget you'd also be working the RTR harder while hauling loads or riding faster.

So, all said, the RTR is a slower bike hiding behind all those shiny features.

It's up to you to decide what you value. Shiny bells and whistles or stronger engine?
My FZ25 BS4 Moto GP Edition got stolen sometime back. On the 3rd September, 2021 I purchased the FZ25 BS6 Moto GP Edition again. Earlier, I had visited TVS, Suzuki and Honda showrooms. But I selected the Yamaha because it suits my preferences. Initial impression suggests that it doesn't feel slower(till the running in period is over it will be ridden in a restricted manner or sedately and after that its performance will be known). Headlamp is much better/effective now. These are the first impressions for 100 kms I have ridden till now. Yes, I have chosen stronger engine over shiny bells and whistles.
YES! YAMAHA

Last edited by Fastdriver : 7th September 2021 at 19:48.
Fastdriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 09:15   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Price reduction or not this bike will not sell. with old pricing, it was competing dominar 250 (Liquid cooled 30 bhp engine). With current pricing it is competing with the apache 200 v (dual channel abs, adjustable front shocks). The bike also has one of the worst cheap instrument console. Earlier FZ were also plagued with quality issues due to cost cutting. What FZ 25 needs is a sixth gear, instrument console from R15, oil cooling, a few bhp, better gearing slightly better styling. With Yamaha this will never happen. LIke suzuki they are slowly losing track in motor cycles.

Praying the spirit of RX 100 and RD 350 comes back.
This bike is getting good response in the market after the price drop, I am told and I have also seen/felt the same in Guwahati's two showrooms I visited compared to the pre price drop days, sales figure should reflect this. Encouraged by the response Yamaha has released the MotoGP Edition sometime back. And yes, this bike needs some of the updates you have mentioned for the performance enthusiasts, but at this price point it remains an unbeatable all-rounder as it used to be.
Old 27th April 2022, 10:20   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I always carry both visors if I am not sure of my timings. Would suggest, you & others to do the same. Once, an insect hit my eye when I hadn't carried my GP-One visor in 2007. I still have to use eye drops if I am riding/driving a bit.
)
Hi,
I am quoting this random post of yours as I read that you owned both the Fz25 and a CBR 250. Now I am looking to get a used one for A to A fun rides or touring to places. I just want something that can cruise at 110 without braking a sweat with my heavy 90kg body. Maybe even 120 but I am like driving sedate, just don’t wanna be rear ended by being slow.
So my question to you is, what’s your take on the CBR vs the FZ?
I am comparing the non abs ore facelift FZ with a 2015 CBR250R, AbS if I can find one. I read that you find the brakes on the Yamaha better, though I assume your CBR had the std brakes?
How do they compare on the highway in top gear at 110?
Apologies if you already answered this before but this thread is rather large to comb through.
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 16:16   #417
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
So my question to you is, what’s your take on the CBR vs the FZ?
I am comparing the non abs ore facelift FZ with a 2015 CBR250R, AbS if I can find one. I read that you find the brakes on the Yamaha better, though I assume your CBR had the std brakes?
How do they compare on the highway in top gear at 110?
Apologies if you already answered this before but this thread is rather large to comb through.
On highways, especially straight roads, the Honda is ahead on all counts in my books. At 110 kmph, IIRC, the Honda used to stay just near 7,000 revs. At that speed, on the Yamaha, there is slow progress, plus, you will know, you are almost near its limit. The Honda will still be in 3rd gear and will be accelerating hard nearing the redline (in 3rd gear, with 3 more gears to go).

The only common thing here between both is, both are at 250cc.

For brakes on the Honda, with Michelin tires and a new brake liner (gifted to me by legendary and gifted rider Dr. Arnob Gupta) was much better than the standard brakes on horrible OE tires. If there is a comparison between both Motorcycle’s brakes without ABS, I will rate the Yamaha higher.

Honda felt as a proper premium Motorcycle, Yamaha, not so. I will still rate it average. Only thing to look out on the Honda CBR 250R is shims (valve clearances) and handlebar yoke if abused.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 20:43   #418
BHPian

Hi FZ25 owners,
Does anyone know a good private mechanic/garage to service the FZ25?
Preferably in south Bengalooru near JP Nagar.
I have been giving for service at Lakshmi Yamaha in Bannerghatta road and the service quality leaves a lot to be desired.
Engine response feels dampened compared to how it was behaving in the first few years (5 years old now).
Old 6th August 2022, 20:54   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyouma83 View Post
Hi FZ25 owners,
Does anyone know a good private mechanic/garage to service the FZ25?
Preferably in south Bengalooru near JP Nagar.
I have been giving for service at Lakshmi Yamaha in Bannerghatta road and the service quality leaves a lot to be desired.
Engine response feels dampened compared to how it was behaving in the first few years (5 years old now).
Would recommend Motospark at Hulimavu, you will get address from Google. Owner, Yassar himself owns a SBK and have got my Dominar serviced from them when I had the bike, also many known have given positive feedbacks.

PS - No affiliation with the owner, just have used their services basis recommendation.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 20:56   #420
BHPian

Looks like the FZ25 has been discontinued, as it is no longer available on Yamaha's website. I really wish it makes a comeback, with a nicer instrument cluster and a 6th gear if possible.
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-screenshot_2023092520561173_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg  

saikishor is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks