Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2017, 08:46   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh

Let us stop running in circles now, shall we?

Any updates on the bike's availability? Any of you plan to get this sweet commuter?
Old 27th January 2017, 09:48   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Any updates on the bike's availability? Any of you plan to get this sweet commuter?
I hear from the one of Bangalore dealer that they are expecting bikes in the first week of Feb. I am not riding bike in the last two years (but ride my wife's Access during weekends), and planning to get one based on the test ride.

I was planning to buy a pre-owned Karizma till last week for weekend rides (and possibly to use for office trips sometimes), but as I saw FZ25 on the release date, was kind of sold on this. I am a huge fan of Yamaha's and my childhood dream was to get a RX135 but didn't materialize then.

To say, I am not checking on any other alternate, but reading all sorts of reports/reviews to see what I would be missing if I go for FZ25. I am hoping it will not disappoint me, fingers crossed.

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 27th January 2017 at 09:50.
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 11:07   #78
BHPian

Yamaha has definitely shocked the Indian market with this release. I am planning to upgrade from a P220 and this is definitely one of the choices I have shortlisted. Yamaha released this as a competitor in the sub-300cc market. We barely have a choice in this segment and this one does make a whole lot of sense.

Not only does this motorcycle impress with its beefy appearance but also is priced freaking good for what it offers. Yes, it does lack the horsepower but it makes up with impressive fuel efficiency and ride quality.

For someone who does not want to blow a hole in his pocket and ride a larger motorcycle, Yamaha has us sorted. Yamaha India will not release every Yamaha motorcycle available in the International market as they would not be able to justify the value for money factor.

Would have been great to have an ABS version priced a bit higher, but 20BHP seems manageable enough without an ABS. Yamaha logically will also launch a Fazer with a similar engine and if priced right, it could well be the motorcycle to look out for. It's a good time to have so many options in this segment.
Old 27th January 2017, 13:20   #79
Senior - BHPian

Am disappointed with this half-hearted attempt of Yamaha!

Air-cooled, 2-valve 20.9 PS engine, 5 gears, with no ABS (not even as option) doesn't make any sense, I would rather buy Bajaj Dominar.
finneyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 15:08   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Am disappointed with this half-hearted attempt of Yamaha!

Air-cooled, 2-valve 20.9 PS engine, 5 gears, with no ABS (not even as option) doesn't make any sense, I would rather buy Bajaj Dominar.

In its mild state of tune, the FZ25's engine would be unstressed. With its comparatively lesser weight, the FZ25 would be easy as a commuter as well. ABS is definitely missed but then the R3 has to get it first I guess.

Its great that Fi is present. For its price I think that the FZ25 is priced well.

The Dominar would fall a segment above in terms of Price, Specs, Features and I am sure Ride Experience as well - The Dominar almost Feels like a Big Bike (Ride Experience not Just in Looks).

Last edited by payeng : 27th January 2017 at 15:37.
Old 27th January 2017, 16:13   #81
BHPian

If the Media Grapewine is to be believed Yamaha is next bringing in the Naked Bike Version of the R15 and R3 Both.
Old 27th January 2017, 16:56   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_sathaye View Post
If the Media Grapewine is to be believed Yamaha is next bringing in the Naked Bike Version of the R15 and R3 Both.
That would be just awesome for Naked Bike lovers.

If launched in India, the pricing Gap between the Naked and Faired variants would be very crucial. The Z250 / Ninja 300 experience is for all to see. The price difference between the two is 50K but still the Z250 hardly sells.

I would love the Naked version of the R15.. But ABS is a Must for me.

Last edited by payeng : 27th January 2017 at 16:58.
Old 27th January 2017, 18:19   #83
Senior - BHPian

Are there any plans of launching the faired version of the FZ25 or would it depend on the sales response of the naked version?
IMHO, the addition of fairing and ABS should make it a complete package.

Based on some of the videos on Youtube, the Colombian/Brazil Fazer250 seems to be really tall-geared with the bike capable of redlining in every gear. However, the Indian version might have different gear ratios given our traffic scenario. Also, if the Fuel efficiency is anywhere near the claimed figure(43kmpl), I am sure many would stop griping about the absence of the 6th gear and meagre power figures.
Old 27th January 2017, 19:56   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Also, if the Fuel efficiency is anywhere near the claimed figure(43kmpl), I am sure many would stop griping about the absence of the 6th gear and meagre power figures.
The 6th cog would actually have helped in achieving fuel efficiency, especially while cruising on highways.
hothatchaway is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 20:33   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
The 6th cog would actually have helped in achieving fuel efficiency, especially while cruising on highways.
Correct, provided the 5th gear is not too tall. I am awaiting the first ride reviews by experts for their comments on the same.
Old 27th January 2017, 23:01   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
I hear from the one of Bangalore dealer that they are expecting bikes in the first week of Feb.
Spoke with the dealer from whom I too would be getting this. Billing shall commence in February. Which means, deliveries shall happen after second week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I would rather buy Bajaj Dominar.
If you do, please do share your impressions. Hearing about vibes and clanky gear-shifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_sathaye View Post
I would upgrade to the naked version of R3. That would be one sweet bike and this is what I actually wanted.

Had Kawasaki got its sale & service presence in places where KTM is there, I would have given the Z-250 a thought.

The G310R if available across India would be a very good bike to own/ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratzgh1 View Post
For someone who does not want to blow a hole in his pocket and ride a larger motorcycle, Yamaha has us sorted. Yamaha India will not release every Yamaha motorcycle available in the International market as they would not be able to justify the value for money factor.
There were people who raised more than their eye brows when the R15 was launched at that price. Quality comes at a price. I am not talking about hallowed brands but the usual stuff which we use.

There is/was a market for a naked [proper] 300/400cc or a semi faired version or both.

Last edited by Sheel : 27th January 2017 at 23:08.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 15:40   #87
Senior - BHPian

Sharing it, although most of you would have watched it by now.

Sounds much bassier than the current crop of yamaha's on sale in india.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 01:34   #88
Senior - BHPian

Great effort from Yamaha to buck the trend and launch a cool looking bike that promises to be just perfect for the daily grind of the city without any compromises of either the 'extreme performance' oriented bikes (like high revving engine, stiff suspension, tiny seat, low handlebar) or general 'lack of oomph' from the 150cc commuters

I see a lot of people whining about lack of power and performance compared to KTM & Honda . First off you just cannot compare 2 bikes just because they have the same displacement !!

Forget the competition, Yamaha themselves offer the R15 & FZ16, both 150 cc which co-exist and appeal to different type of customer. One is track oriented sport bike and the other is for everyday street riding with a large dose of style.

Likewise the FZ25 (c’mon guys, the FZ prefix is not an easy clue?) is a big brother to the FZ16 and cannot be compared to the KTM200 or the CBR250 for just horsepower

Bajaj products, of course are supreme value for money and beat everybody else but still people are happy to pay more for equivalent Hondas and Yamahas

Last edited by Mpower : 31st January 2017 at 20:35.
Mpower is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 21:56   #89
JLS
BHPian

I see FZ25 as a true successor of Karizma.
Relaxed and unstressed engine, not so sporty stance are really going to be boons for long distance touring.
This bike ticks few other boxes also, which are really nice to have at this price point:
- twin disc brakes
- FI engine
- Hassle free ownership experience
- Less bulky compared to competition
I also feel, that due to the hype created around Dominar (rightly so - Dominar demands such attention), FZ25 may not get too much attention and may be available off the shelf or without much waiting period from beginning. This may be a blessing in disguise for people wanting not-so-flashy and little unassuming but a solid city + touring bike, they may be able to lay their hands on FZ25 sooner.

I will eagerly await any testing/driving experience from fellow forum members - this is the right kind of bike which may pull me out of my slumber and make me buy one!
Since long I am promising my self that one day I will get a bike, that I will use for a once in a week office commute - may be FZ25 is a answer to my wish.

Regards

JLS
JLS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 21:03   #90
Senior - BHPian

The D400 and 2017 RC 390 seems to have "STOLEN THE THUNDER" off the FZ25 launch?

Just found an interesting video of what may just add some insight into the conservative power from this Yamaha:

- I am on the lookout for a bike, preferably with fairings. Considering the fact that I currently own a 2013 FZ16, this may just trickle into my Final Shortlist!!
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks