Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2017, 18:34   #166
BANNED

Re: Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
*So, as per you what made me move away? [I just posted a few replies after many years, but that was it]

The day the founder has guts to start a thread like this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...ependence.html would we get talking.

*I am not interested in knowing your POV, you may share, you may not. I moved away because I felt like. And if you are really comparing that forum to be like Team-BHP, then I better not progress further. I respect powerdrift's way of working things, authencity much more than them.

I dont know. Thats why I asked "but are you willing to say the same about xBhp, a forum on which you have spent a considerable amount of time?"

Its a question. It ends with a question mark. I was merely asking, no need to be that offended.

Last edited by GTO : 5th March 2017 at 20:00. Reason: Quoted post edited
HyperRetard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 22:54   #167
BHPian

Powerdrift first ride review:
BigBrad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 17:11   #168
Senior - BHPian

Took the Delivery of my White Beauty - FZ25

First impressions:

- Apparently, mine is the First White FZ25 to be delivered in Bangalore, and the 3rd of its kind.

- While idling, this damn thing sounds like no other 250cc on sale today. I would rate it at around 40-50% of the TNT300, and that is a huge snob value.

- The bike looks big from a distance, but feels huge when you are on the saddle.

- Smooth, Smooth, Smooth....Refinement is where this 250cc aces many of its competitors (I have not ridden the CBR250 though).

- Seating posture is somewhere between the FZ16 and the CBR250 (I have sat on one).

Will post a detailed review and promise to attach loads of pics.
Vik0728 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 17:24   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
[b][u]

- Smooth, Smooth, Smooth....Refinement is where this 250cc aces many of its competitors (I have not ridden the CBR250 though).
Congratulations on the ride!

The CBR is a bit un-Honda like when it comes to smoothness.
It is very smooth when compared REs & KTMs.
However, it is no match to the Ninja 250/300 or the R3.
To be frank, it is no match to the velvety smoothness of the Unicorn 160/150, Karizma also.

How would you rate the FZ25 smoothness against the N250/300 or unicorn or karizma?
abhishek46 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 17:31   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Vik0728, Waiting for your review & pictures of the white beauty. I feel the FZ25 is indeed a good choice for riders looking for an all rounder, one bike for all the ride.
Sportztourer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 18:27   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post

Congratulations on the ride!

How would you rate the FZ25 smoothness against the N250/300 or unicorn or karizma?
Thank you abhishek.

Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to ride the N250/300 buddy and would not be able to comment on that. However, while I was waiting for the delivery of my FZ25, I did try my hand at R3 today.

The R3 seems a bit coarse in comparison to FZ25, but it is too early to comment. My bro "MAY" end up with R3, and if this does happen, I can assure a comparo report on the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportztourer View Post
Congratulations Vik0728, Waiting for your review & pictures of the white beauty. I feel the FZ25 is indeed a good choice for riders looking for an all rounder, one bike for all the ride.
Thank you Sportztourer.

Couldn't agree more with you buddy, that FZ25 really seems to be the Figo TDCI of the Bike Family.

It is not expensive, is reasonably quick, quite nominal to maintain (hopefully), one of the most economical and easy to use.

I would like to pile up some Kms on this baby before posting my real world observations.

For now:

Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-pic1.jpg

Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-pic2.jpg

Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-pic3.jpg

Finally, with my German Thoroughbred !!

Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-pic4.jpg

P.S - Really sorry for the crappy pics. Will shoot some pics off my DSLR soon and post an ownership report.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 6th March 2017 at 18:29.
Vik0728 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 18:33   #172
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I would like to pile up some Kms on this baby before posting my real world observations.
White looks a lot better than other colours IMO. Infact, only now I noticed the beautifully chiselled tank which never stood out in other colours.

Congrats buddy. Would surely love to meet up sometime. I'll bring a contrasting black bike along.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 19:03   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

White looks a lot better than other colours IMO. Infact, only now I noticed the beautifully chiselled tank which never stood out in other colours.

Congrats buddy. Would surely love to meet up sometime. I'll bring a contrasting black bike along.
Thank you bro, and yes one of the reasons I opted for this shade is the design elements that sort of comes alive

"Contrasting Black Bike" ??

As I have posted above, the FZ25 actually looks a lot bigger in person than the pics suggest. With your Contrasting Black Bike in the frame, it mat just loose that charm !

Anytime bro, lets meet up on one of the weekends for some photoshoot.
Old 6th March 2017, 20:28   #174
BHPian

Quote:

- Apparently, mine is the First White FZ25 to be delivered in Bangalore, and the 3rd of its kind.
Congrats once again Vik0728, reminds me of the time in 2008, when I was amongst the first few to get the FZ16 and was swamped by folks at traffic signals asking "which is this bike" and the usual "kitna deti hai" questions.

Looking at the pics of your steed and the positive initial responses from Sheel and you, even I am tempted to relive the FZ dream now!!

Enjoy your White Pearl and wishing you many many miles of happiness.
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 20:59   #175
BHPian

Looks fantastic in white! Just praying that they launch a Fazer really soon. LED headlamps and A big visor (unlike 150) should make it a delight on highway rides.
Old 6th March 2017, 23:38   #176
BHPian

It was around 7 PM when I took a TD today and I must say, the headlamp did not impress me much. The overall spread and reach was just average.

One more strange thing I observed, whenever I tried to accelerate from say ~20km, the bike had a restrictive jerk. To put it in a simple way, it felt as if petrol wasn't supplied to the engine for that particular moment. The showroom guy said, it was due to the less fuel in tank and this bike needs at least a liter of petrol always. I don't know, may be the TD bike had some issues.

But overall, the bike is a looker!

She offered my phone's camera a humble side look and it obliged!

Old 6th March 2017, 23:44   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
P.S - Really sorry for the crappy pics. Will shoot some pics off my DSLR soon and post an ownership report.
Many congratulations there Vik0728 for your white beast, looks gorgeous . Wish you could have removed your car cover so that we could have got a glimpse of your German beauty as well, may be an opportunity for your DSLR shoot.

I am keenly looking forward to your's and Sheel's initial impressions and ownership reports of the FZ25. This bike is now on top of my priority list. Although there are numerous first drive reports cropping up on various auto portals and YouTube enthusiasts, they cannot match the ingenuity coming from a T-BHPian

Last edited by AutoIndian : 6th March 2017 at 23:46.
Old 7th March 2017, 06:58   #178
Team-BHP Support

The headlamp puzzles me...the light has been aligned. The visibility where there is pitch darkness is amazing, very clear, but whenever there is a vehicle approaching, the light appears to fade in approaching vehicle's yellow beams. Same for street lamps.
But, the oncoming vehicles do dip their beam if I ask them to.
Old 7th March 2017, 10:10   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post

Congrats once again Vik0728, reminds me of the time in 2008, when I was amongst the first few to get the FZ16 and was swamped by folks at traffic signals asking "which is this bike" and the usual "kitna deti hai" questions.

Enjoy your White Pearl and wishing you many many miles of happiness.
Thank you Uday and I think I can completely relate to your 'Swamping' experience now.

Had a similar instance today during my office commute and at least 4 bikers and 2 separate car folks enquired about the FZ25.

This is the most affordable (probable one of the most reliable) quarter litre bike in India today, and very soon mine will be just another FZ25 for sure.

Until then, I am gonna live the limelight !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Many congratulations there Vik0728 for your white beast, looks gorgeous . Wish you could have removed your car cover so that we could have got a glimpse of your German beauty as well, may be an opportunity for your DSLR shoot.
Thank you AutoIndian, my German stead gets a complete Spa treatment every Sunday and usually gets into a slumber till the mid week

But yes, I will surely get some good shots of these 2 very soon buddy.

I have just completed about 30kms since yesterday and it may take some more Kms before I post my ownership review.

Ironically, I am also awaiting the ownership report from Sheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

The headlamp puzzles me...the light has been aligned. The visibility where there is pitch darkness is amazing, very clear, but whenever there is a vehicle approaching, the light appears to fade in approaching vehicle's yellow beams. Same for street lamps.
+100 Sheel to your observation. The LED headlight illumination is almost aftermarketish at times on the FZ25

I think the Dominor still has THE BEST ILLUMINATION from an all LED headlight currently in the market. Ofcourse, the 2017 KTM 390 must be as good as if not better than the Bajaj.

What is a bit of a bother to me is that the LED headlight stays on even after you switch off the engine from the Kill Switch. Not sure for how long, but it never went off for a good minute or more on my bike, and I hate to start my Car/Bike with the headlights turned ON.

I have 2 bike helmets, one of which has a dark visor. I couldn't really notice the illuminated area with this helmet while riding through the well lit streets.

If you buy a FZ25 and ride a lot within city during dusk or later, please don't use Dark Visors on the helmet!!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 7th April 2017 at 09:42. Reason: Only 2 smileys per post please!
Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 14:43   #180
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If you buy a FZ25 and ride a lot within city during dusk or later, please don't use Dark Visors on the helmet!!
I always carry both visors if I am not sure of my timings. Would suggest, you & others to do the same. Once, an insect hit my eye when I hadn't carried my GP-One visor in 2007. I still have to use eye drops if I am riding/driving a bit.

My PC has conked, plus the resizing issue with pictures is a bother, hence I am sharing whatever info I can, over here. If any of you have any query, please ask here. I would try my best to reply over here.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed