Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2013, 10:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: TVS Scooty Pep+

One of the irritants with the Scooty-Pep is the kick-starter - it is not smooth action and occasionally also has a kick-back action (you know like on Bullets if you don't time the kick correctly). Compared to this, the kick-start of our 2001 Scooty-ES is so smooth and easy even today after 12 years - just a light kick and the motor comes to life.

Though I am not sure if it is a one-off issue with only our bike or a common problem in all Peps.
Old 10th June 2013, 15:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

Need help on suspension issue of Pep+

My cousin has a over 6 year old Pep+ which was used by my uncle till recently. Overall ok condition, it needs a full over hauling in terms of mechanicals and brakes.

Since it has still some juice left my cousin wants to use this for his daily office commute. However the pain in the neck (literally) is the hard suspension which has got bad with time as well.

Please suggest how one can modify or upgrade the front suspension so that this can be used for some more time. Else he is contemplating moving to a new ride if this does not work out.
Old 10th June 2013, 16:19   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
One of the irritants with the Scooty-Pep is the kick-starter - it is not smooth action and occasionally also has a kick-back action (you know like on Bullets if you don't time the kick correctly). Compared to this, the kick-start of our 2001 Scooty-ES is so smooth and easy even today after 12 years - just a light kick and the motor comes to life.

Though I am not sure if it is a one-off issue with only our bike or a common problem in all Peps.
Yes you are absolutely right. We too have a 2001 Scooty ES which is so easy to kick start. Can be easily started even while sitting on it.

I think the issue you face is not in your bike alone. We also have a Streak, which is just different in looks to the pep. I find it quite difficult to kick start it and yes it does sometimes hit back if not timed well. But its suspensions are much more comfortable and yes it does drive well.

Most Viewed