Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2006, 14:00   #1

hello dudes

i want to fit a broad tyre in my karizma without any modifications of swing arms and alloy wheels. how broad i go for, i want to fit a 140/18 is it possible if not then how broad i fit into it. plz give some suggestions for that dudes plz help me out.
Old 24th October 2006, 22:32   #2
BHPian

Can I know why you want to do so? Contrary to the common notion that a wider tyre increases traction, the bike is actually done a lot of harm (something which has already been discussed in a lot of threads).

If you wanna do it purely for show, then do it...but I still do not think it is a good idea, as the 100/18 tyre is just fine for the rear.

Imagine dude....bikes with 150+ bhp use 180mm rear tyres, while we use 140 mm stuff for just roughly around 17 bhp....
Old 26th April 2007, 15:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

although i agree with turbo v12 if still want to go in for a bigger tyre you can fix in a 140/90 at rear without changing the magwheel but i am not sure if one needs to bend the rear linkage to accomidate the bigget tyre.

Last edited by rider60 : 26th April 2007 at 15:37.
Old 26th April 2007, 15:54   #4
BHPian

if you are doing this for show, go ahead. But change the rear mag to a broader one as 140mm on the current mag wont look too wide. If you put in a broader mag too, the effect of the 140mm will come into play (look wise).

You will have to remove the chain guard
Old 28th April 2007, 11:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

great news dude i recently saw a karizma yellow with a mrf zapper-q 100/90 at front and a pirelli sports demon 130/90 at rear thay really matched the pattern and is awesome looking too! they were fixed on the stock alloys of karizma!

i dont know the after effects of fixing these bigger rubbers but they surely do fit to these magwheels...
rider60 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2007, 20:55   #6
BHPian

140/90 is overkill for the zma or any other bike..Try Pirelli Sportdemon 110/90 or ZapperQ 100/90 both are best suited for Tarmac.
Old 30th April 2007, 14:54   #7

ok thanks dude

i have now fitted my tyres in it. 130/80 in it but i feel no changes in anything except mileage but it is managable.
thanks guyz for ur suggestions. really thanks.
Old 15th May 2007, 13:14   #8
BHPian

Hi Anurag,

Can you please tell me the following regarding the tyre for your zma.

a) Are these tubeless tyres
b) What is the brand of tyre you have chosen, price and reasons for choosing the same

c) What is the drop in the mileage you have after this modification

d) Any pictures?

I want to upgrade the tyres on my zma too.

thanks and enjoy your bike.
Old 16th May 2007, 20:22   #9

tyres of mine

hello brother,
i saw your galary u have a silver karizma ok. yes i have a black one
and modified with a full engine cover and red strickers with broad tyre.
i have fitted 130/80 tvs crusuader in it. its really looks nice in the bike.
it drops the mileage of 3 to 4 kms in the bike but it does not effect the bike in pickup i not feel so. go for good tyres if you want. go for imported tyres i recomend u because if it puntured then think u gone. so go for good tubeless tyres but it will expensive.
Old 24th May 2007, 14:05   #10
BHPian

Hi Anurag,

Thanks for providing this information. I am now considering between the following:

a) TVS Crusader 130/80 as suggested by you
b) Pirelli Sport demon 110/90 as suggested somewhere else on the forum.

These are for the rear. Would the group be able to help with:

a) Are both of these tubeless type tyres?
b) Indicative prices of the same?
c) Where can i get these in Noida?

Any suggestions for the front ( should be tubeless). I am tired of the punctures in the bike.

Thanks,
Sumit
Old 3rd June 2007, 13:05   #11

bike

this is my bike .. i have installed michelin m45 rear n front. awesome good control and superb handling . handle gets a bit slight heavy .. butworth it.

Old 3rd June 2007, 22:38   #12
Senior - BHPian

Nice ride, maxguru. What are the profiles? Rates? And how long you been riding with these?
Old 4th June 2007, 10:12   #13
BHPian

Hi Maxguru,

Thanks for posting the pic of your bike. It looks fantastic. Could you share some more pictures of your bike to give me an idea about the tyres. Upfront, Back and 3 quarters from back would be great.

In addition, can you share some details regarding the tyres, where, how much, tube less or tube type and what modification to the bike if any you had to do to get this feel.

Thanks,
Sumit.

Last edited by sumitsingh : 4th June 2007 at 10:14.
Old 4th June 2007, 11:34   #14

hi. thanks sumitfor compliments...

i will post better close up pics of bikes as u asked, givem e some time.

as for tyres.. the rear is 4.00x18 and front is 3.25 x 18. .. .. the paircosted me rs.5200 and purchased them from metro tyres lamington road, mumbai.

initially i was riding my bike at all stock ( i dont belive in just low cost cheap looks modifification) untill recently i got the new michilin tyres, Knn air filter, and ngk iridium spark plug thats all... and i have been riding my bike only with speed97 (high octane fuel).... the menuvering and handling of the bike has improved a lot, front handle is slight heavey as i said... with the knn air filter and the spark plug with high octane fuel (tough i am not sure if this bike is tuned for high octane fule) the performance of the bike has increased a lot....

other things what i have done is removed the leg gaurd ( which is very risky ), so have to rie the bike with good confidence and carefully. and the saree gaurd. and painted the rear seat holder black.. thats all .... rest all stock... very soon i will be tuning my bike since i have not done it after installing the air filter..... here is another old pic of my bike.. thanks.

Old 4th June 2007, 11:37   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitsingh View Post
Hi Maxguru,

Thanks for posting the pic of your bike. It looks fantastic. Could you share some more pictures of your bike to give me an idea about the tyres. Upfront, Back and 3 quarters from back would be great.

In addition, can you share some details regarding the tyres, where, how much, tube less or tube type and what modification to the bike if any you had to do to get this feel.

Thanks,
Sumit.

hi. thanks sumitfor compliments...

i will post better close up pics of bikes as u asked, givem e some time.

as for tyres.. the rear is 4.00x18 and front is 3.25 x 18. .. .. the paircosted me rs.5200 and purchased them from metro tyres lamington road, mumbai.

initially i was riding my bike at all stock ( i dont belive in just low cost cheap looks modifification) untill recently i got the new michilin tyres, Knn air filter, and ngk iridium spark plug thats all... and i have been riding my bike only with speed97 (high octane fuel).... the menuvering and handling of the bike has improved a lot, front handle is slight heavey as i said... with the knn air filter and the spark plug with high octane fuel (tough i am not sure if this bike is tuned for high octane fule) the performance of the bike has increased a lot....

other things what i have done is removed the leg gaurd ( which is very risky ), so have to rie the bike with good confidence and carefully. and the saree gaurd. and painted the rear seat holder black.. thats all .... rest all stock... very soon i will be tuning my bike since i have not done it after installing the air filter..... here is another old pic of my bike.. thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks