Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2017, 13:26   #1
BHPian

Bajaj Probiking Dealership in Indore shuts down

Hello guys,

I am from Indore and a pretty old member here. I love riding and I have fallen in love with my neighbour's Kawasaki Ninja 250r. So, I was having a chat with him the other day and he was happy to give the bike to me. Since the bike required a little TLC, I decided to call up Bajaj Probiking and ask the availability of spares before I decide to buy the bike from him. I was shocked to know that they has closed down the dealership of KTM and Kawasaki (means the whole probiking showroom). Since it being the only dealership in the city, I have no alternative now. So what should I do now? Should I wait for a new dealership? How is the availability of spares of the Ninja 250r?

Can someone suggest me what should I do?

Last edited by GTO : 30th January 2017 at 11:57. Reason: Typo
Old 27th January 2017, 15:57   #2
BHPian

re: Bajaj Probiking Dealership in Indore shuts down

Well I am presuming that you dont know that Bajaj and Kawasaki have decided to part ways and that Kawasaki will now establish their own sales network. Whether this will happen in non metros still remains to be seen.
bik1906 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 15:59   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bik1906 View Post
Well I am presuming that you dont know that Bajaj and Kawasaki have decided to part ways and that Kawasaki will now establish their own sales network. Whether this will happen in non metros still remains to be seen.
Yes, I did not know about it, so a suggestion is welcome to should I buy the bike or not? Should I wait till Kawasaki decides to start their own network?
Old 27th January 2017, 16:49   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuj_afc View Post
Yes, I did not know about it, so a suggestion is welcome to should I buy the bike or not? Should I wait till Kawasaki decides to start their own network?
Spares availability has always been a pain. A friend of mine in Chennai had to wait for an whole month to get his rear brake reservoir replaced. I would suggest you to put the decision on hold. Write to Kawasaki if they have any plans of opening up a service center.
Savitar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 18:07   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savitar View Post
Spares availability has always been a pain. A friend of mine in Chennai had to wait for an whole month to get his rear brake reservoir replaced. I would suggest you to put the decision on hold. Write to Kawasaki if they have any plans of opening up a service center.
I did some research and got to know that the 300 and 650 will still be sold through the Probiking network. Now, I don't know what to do. I am pretty sure Kawasaki has no plans to set up a showroom in Indore. Still, I will write to them and try to find out something
Old 27th January 2017, 20:01   #6
BHPian

Quote:
I did some research and got to know that the 300 and 650 will still be sold through the Probiking network. Now, I don't know what to do. I am pretty sure Kawasaki has no plans to set up a showroom in Indore. Still, I will write to them and try to find out something
All Kawasaki bikes will now be sold ONLY via Kawasaki stores. They have started opening dealerships already. But Indore dealership may be quite some time away.
Regarding parts availability, Kawasaki doesn't have a great reputation for the same. Many owners have been left waiting for a full month for some small parts too. If I were you, I wouldn't buy the Ninja 250, atleast at the moment knowing that there is no dealership in the city and parts availability is sparse anyway. It is better to wait and see how the brand performs on its own and then decide about the bike. Maybe you will be able to get a Ninja 300 then

Cheers!
Aman
amansanc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 09:35   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
Maybe you will be able to get a Ninja 300 then
I have always been drooling over Kawasakis. Absolutely love the N300, but I guess it's not something I can buy at the moment

Last edited by manson : 28th January 2017 at 14:24.
Old 28th January 2017, 10:14   #8

Quote:
I have always been drooling over Kawasakis. Absolutely love the N300, but I guess it's not something I can buy at the moment
I am quite shocked to notice only Indore had the Kawasaki Dealer in Madhya Pradesh. Not even in Bhopal. At least thats what the online search results came up with. Is it true?. Whats the nearest city with a Kawasaki Dealer?
Old 28th January 2017, 11:35   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savitar View Post
I am quite shocked to notice only Indore had the Kawasaki Dealer in Madhya Pradesh. Not even in Bhopal. At least thats what the online search results came up with. Is it true?. Whats the nearest city with a Kawasaki Dealer?
No, even indore had the Probiking showroom. The nearest would be maybe in Mumbai only

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks