Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2017, 10:28   #151
BHPian

re: Ridden: Bajaj Dominar 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon74 View Post
On the topic of centre stands, I don't get the logic behind Bajaj not giving one for the Dominar.
The Dominar is based off Duke. Sadly the Duke (and Dominar) design of chain, swingarm is such that any center stand will clash. So they are not offered as an accessory nor are there are any aftermarket center stands.
timuseravan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 14:07   #152
Senior - BHPian

The reason why Dominar doesn't get a centre stand:

Ridden: Bajaj Dominar 400-imageuploadedbyteambhp1489999047.815574.jpg
IronH4WK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 14:17   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon74 View Post
On the topic of centre stands, I don't get the logic behind Bajaj not giving one for the Dominar.

It can't be the weight factor - the Thunderbird is a good 10kg heavier and has one. And the Dominar is not really a track oriented design either.

Would've made life with it easier in all aspects of chain lubing, changing a flat, etc. if it had a centre stand.

Any tech reasons behind such a move I wonder?
The location and the size of the catalytic converter is the answer.
It is exactly placed where the main stand would fall back when it is put off.
Roadilicious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 23:33   #154
BHPian

Thanks for the info, guys..I'd taken a TD of the Dominar, but I'd not given a thought about taking a peep 'down there' - so to speak!

Wish they'd worked around this point at the design stage though. Would've helped. But then, it's not a major deterrent to not admire Bajaj's efforts.

The Dominar, in my books, has definitely opened up lots of possibilities for the future of affordable yet higher capacity motorcycles for the masses in our country.
Old 21st March 2017, 00:51   #155
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
I remember Crazy Driver once mentioned he had gotten himself a single sided stand to lift his Versys; costed about 500/- or so IIRC. Seems like a good alternative.
Adding a picture. This was made by a member of the Bangalore Versys Group. Simple and easy to carry it around. Best part is the effortless way in which you can lift an extremely heavy bike like the Versys with just one hand.

Anyone should be able to make similar jacks for the Dominar as well.

Ridden: Bajaj Dominar 400-img20170114150527_800.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 21st March 2017 at 00:55.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 16:47   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Adding a picture. This was made by a member of the Bangalore Versys Group. Simple and easy to carry it around. Best part is the effortless way in which you can lift an extremely heavy bike like the Versys with just one hand.

Anyone should be able to make similar jacks for the Dominar as well.

Attachment 1620904
There is the motojack which is available on Amazon. I ordered one for myself, as i would need something like this in case i have to quickly fix a leak or lube the chain while on the move.

Here is a pic and quick video of the same in action.

PS: I do not work for motojack, however i endorse their product, as it fits my needs to the T.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Bajaj Dominar 400-img20170313wa0036.jpg  

adityasiera is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 12:19   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBiker View Post

- Found some issue with Battery - Few days of being parked (Since i ride the Dominar only on weekends), The bike refuses to start - Have to try 3-4 times. This happens sometimes even after riding for an hour in the city.
Does the engine crank? I mean is the battery getting discharged or is the engine cranking but not starting?

Quote:
- Few issues with gear shifting - May be another Engine oil change (To Motul may be?) would solve this.
Could you be a bit more specific. are the shifts hard? or not finding neutral? Or is getting into first clunky?

Quote:
+ Got the Sahyadri - Windscreens. Have ordered their luggage rack (Top Rack) as well. Windscreen is a welcome improvement. But for my riding posture - Wind is deflected to my neck instead of chest.
Where did you source wind screen and where did you get it fitted?

Nice write up and pics .

Mod Note : Please do NOT reply to posts using bold text within a quoted post, as it leads to visual discomfort for readers. Additionally, it's inconvenient to quote & reply to such a post.

For the correct way to quote, please see this thread.

Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd March 2017 at 08:02. Reason: See mod note
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 14:54   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Nice write up and pics . Some of my queries in bold above.
Quote:
Does the engine crank? I mean is the battery getting discharged or is the engine cranking but not starting?
I believe it is the Battery getting discharged (or) an issue with the starter ignition. The engine struggles to crank - after 2-3 attempts, It tries to come back to life.

Quote:
Could you be a bit more specific. are the shifts hard? or not finding neutral? Or is getting into first clunky?
Shifts are hard + Shifting gears are clunky. Sometimes, Shifting from 2nd to 3rd & 3rd to 4th is tough - it does not slot into the gear and have to reengage / shift again.

Quote:
Where did you source wind screen and where did you get it fitted?
Got it from: https://www.facebook.com/sahyadrimoto/ - Fitted it myself. It is easy to do if you have the right sized spanners.

Mod Note : Please do NOT reply to posts using bold text within a quoted post, as it leads to visual discomfort for readers. Additionally, it's inconvenient to quote & reply to such a post.

For the correct way to quote, please see this thread.

Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd March 2017 at 08:03. Reason: See mod note
Old 30th March 2017, 16:57   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBiker View Post
I believe it is the Battery getting discharged (or) an issue with the starter ignition. The engine struggles to crank - after 2-3 attempts, It tries to come back to life.
This has now been resolved. The wiring connecting to starter motor was loose. Took close to a day to check all wiring / battery / starter motor and finally landed up with the loose connection linking to the starter.

The Hard shifts and Tough maneverability persists. Hoping to get it sorted in the next service.
MadBiker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 08:30   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Using a car jack is serious overkill, A water bottle worked well for me, you can find and keep a similar sized prop; preferably made of plastic or wood so that it doesnt put any scratches on the mounting points.
Thanks SunnyBoi for the ideas.

Did this today

Ridden: Bajaj Dominar 400-img_20170401_075543509_hdr.jpg

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 09:54   #161
Senior - BHPian

Ridden: Bajaj Dominar 400

Was there some sort of ride arranged for Dominar owners this morning? Saw a whole lot of them parked opposite Esteem mall this morning and later saw them ride past the IPC (was enjoying a hot cup of java there).
Old 2nd April 2017, 11:54   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Was there some sort of ride arranged for Dominar owners this morning? Saw a whole lot of them parked opposite Esteem mall this morning and later saw them ride past the IPC (was enjoying a hot cup of java there).
Yes. There is a group Dominar Owners Club Bengaluru (DOC) and there was a planned ride to Nandi hills. I could not make it as I had some family commitments.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 22:59   #163
Senior - BHPian

Surprisingly not a single ownership thread of the D 400 on this forum
Old 3rd April 2017, 23:08   #164
BHPian

Quote:
I wanted to start, but could not make up enough time to pen down amidst the year end hectic work and off course I could make time for few weekend rides in one months time.

Will try and create a thread.

KK
Old 4th April 2017, 09:24   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah. I have to sit down and write mine. Too busy enjoying a ride whenever I get time.

BTW I get the tag line "Dominate the night" now. Because during the day, everybody will be driving you mad with the "headlight" signal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks