Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2017, 18:54   #361
BHPian

re: Ridden: Bajaj Dominar 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
FB algorithms decided to show me the RE launch of the 650 twins. But, see how that panned out on my feed!!! Very apt if you ask me.

Attachment 1697664

Incidentally, every other video feed on my FB page worked seamlessly. :-)

No, no, it's all part of the "charm" and "soul" of Royal Enfield, you must experience that heritage and history and charm and something something something [insert various meaningless, emotionally-charged buzzwords here]
Old 20th November 2017, 09:50   #362
Senior - BHPian

My Dominar ABS in Matte black a.k.a.'Phantom' got delivered yesterday and am loving the experience! Got a matching MT Isle of Man helmet for 6.2k and a Mototech Scrambler Air Jacket for 6k. Will be using the bike for daily commute of 50 kms and weekend rides.

Hoping to start a detailed ownership thread soon! Meanwhile a few pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Bajaj Dominar 400-img_20171119_151821504.jpg  

Ridden: Bajaj Dominar 400-img_20171119_130329643.jpg  

Ridden: Bajaj Dominar 400-img20171119wa0033.jpg  

Ridden: Bajaj Dominar 400-img_20171119_175131221.jpg  

Ridden: Bajaj Dominar 400-img_20171119_175027912.jpg  

Maverick5490 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 10:39   #363
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
My Dominar ABS in Matte black a.k.a.'Phantom' got delivered yesterday and am loving the experience!

Congratulations Maverick. I am seeing less and less of that black colour. Enjoy your motorcycle.
Old 20th November 2017, 12:12   #364
BHPian

Quote:
My Dominar ABS in Matte black a.k.a.'Phantom' got delivered yesterday and am loving the experience!
Congratulations! That colour looks fantastic on Dominar. When i bought mine, this colour was not available. Hope your frustrating run in period ends soon i have heard that new batches of dominar come with rev limiter set up at 5000rpm. Can you please confirm it?
Old 20th November 2017, 12:32   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Maverick. I am seeing less and less of that black colour. Enjoy your motorcycle.
Thanks Mohan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeraj1903 View Post
Congratulations! That colour looks fantastic on Dominar. When i bought mine, this colour was not available. Hope your frustrating run in period ends soon i have heard that new batches of dominar come with rev limiter set up at 5000rpm. Can you please confirm it?
Thanks Neeraj! Yes the color combination looks great, waiting for the run-in period to be over, have not taken her over 4000 rpm, will check and confirm.
Maverick5490 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 21:53   #366
BANNED

Bhaiyon Pranam!!

Thanks to this forum, I am now a proud owner of a Twilight Plum Dominar. The lovely review IronH4WK was what got it all started. The inputs from other riders just added a lot of meat to the aspirations.

For a while, it looked like I was not going to get a bike. But, thankfully, my family allowed me this one small luxury. While it is easy for me to think of my family as the classic "kebab mein haddi"; I did understand their very real fear of me riding a motorcycle in today's chaotic traffic; not to mention my long running issues with my lower back. Aside from investing in the gear, I could give my family no other reassurance. They finally came around when they saw how absolutely miserable I had become.

Now, I am both happy and a little fearful. Hopefully, all will be well and I will enjoy this motorcycle for a very long time.

I did want to extend a special thank you to Vikram8891, KK, and Shekhar2509 for their valuable feedback and words of encouragement via PM.

Thank you guys.

Now I am looking for a riding group here in Mumbai for one long ride a month. Something in the range of 200 to 300 kms. FYI, I have neither the time, nor the inclination to go on rides (or drives for that matter) to Leh, Ladakh, etc. so, it has to be something that can be done in a day. Looking forward to all of your guidance in this regard.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Bajaj Dominar 400-webp.netcompressimage.jpg  

Ridden: Bajaj Dominar 400-dominar-back_zeke.jpg  

mohansrides is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 22:07   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Bhaiyon Pranam!!

Thanks to this forum, I am now a proud owner of a Twilight Plum Dominar. The lovely review IronH4WK was what got it all started. The inputs from other riders just added a lot of meat to the aspirations.

Now I am looking for a riding group here in Mumbai for one long ride a month. Something in the range of 200 to 300 kms. FYI, I have neither the time, nor the inclination to go on rides (or drives for that matter) to Leh, Ladakh, etc. so, it has to be something that can be done in a day. Looking forward to all of your guidance in this regard.
Here you are. Welcome to the club .

Nice to see you with a sparkling plum Dominar finally. But isn't the Plum discontinued already few months back after the Matte Black was introduced.

Wishing you a happy miles with your machine.

Do get into DOC Mumbai Chapter, they are one good Dominar riding groups.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 22:27   #368
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
The chassis number is quite long in the Bajaj vehicles. So I will just quote the last 8 digits which looks like this. XYZ12345. In this X, is the year and Y is for plant, Z is the month. If X is H it's 2017. If X is G it's 2016. If Y is W, it's produced in Waluj plant. If Y is C, it is produced in Chakan. For Z, A is for April, B is for May and so on, up to M for March.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Here you are. Welcome to the club .

Nice to see you with a sparkling plum Dominar finally. But isn't the Plum discontinued already few months back after the Matte Black was introduced.

Wishing you a happy miles with your machine.

Do get into DOC Mumbai Chapter, they are one good Dominar riding groups.

KK
Actually, the Plum is very much in production. I used deepakchan's method to decode my chassis number, and my vehicle is from October 2017. It had landed in the stockyard only 4 days before I chose it as my bike.

I will look into the DOC Mumbai Chapter.

Thank you
mohansrides is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 09:21   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Bhaiyon Pranam!!

Congrats Mohan! please do share the links to the amazing words you have penned down on this forum as well. I hope mods dont have a problem with that.

Your family struggle was something I could associate with since I went through something similar. Honestly though I feel that chaotic traffic is actually the reason why we should be shifting more towards 2 wheels (ok, that is bias speaking). I any day find it much quicker and mentally less taxing to commute to and from work on my bike than the car. I make it a point to stay kitted up. Jackets, gloves and helmet are the rule. Everyday.

Congrats again.
Vikram8891 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 09:49   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to this forum, I am now a proud owner of a Twilight Plum Dominar.
CONGRATS, Mohan ! Happy for you ! The feeling of getting one's desired gaadi is something.

( suggest regular exercises for back to keep it shape, so you ride for a long time to come. I am having to look out for my left knee -for the clutch-, but working on it ).
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 10:05   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Bhaiyon Pranam!!

Thanks to this forum, I am now a proud owner of a Twilight Plum Dominar. .
Glad to hear you finally got your ride. Congratulations. Look forward to your ownership review and updates.

Tackling such things with family is very hard. I had a similar problem during my college days, when I was hell bent on getting a Thunderbird but everyone said take Splendor. You're short, how will you manage heavy bike.. etc etc. It was not just family either, friends as well.
MadRasTan4986 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 10:49   #372
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram8891 View Post
Congrats Mohan! please do share the links to the amazing words you have penned down on this forum as well. I hope mods dont have a problem with that.
Thank you Vikram. Based on your suggestion, here is the link to the blog that details my buying experience - https://muthurangan.wordpress.com/20...t-development/

Moderators...... Please note that some of the details mentioned in the blog have already been discussed at length here in this thread on Team BHP; and I would have gladly written the full blog piece too here on Team BHP. But, I felt that the core business aspects that I have discussed in it deserved a wider audience than just all of us automotive enthusiasts. Hence the stand alone blog outside this forum.

Also, mods, please note that I am not posting this link here to draw people away to my blog for any commercial purposes. I certainly make no money from my blog. Vikram suggested that I post the link here. So, I am giving it a shot.

If I have done anything wrong, I apologize. In which case, please feel free to remove the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
CONGRATS, Mohan ! Happy for you !

( suggest regular exercises for back to keep it shape, so you ride for a long time to come. I am having to look out for my left knee -for the clutch-, but working on it ).
Thank you Condor. Yes, I have been doing exercises for my back for over 20 years now. It's a perennial problem that I have learnt to manage. No other option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRasTan4986 View Post
Glad to hear you finally got your ride. Congratulations. Look forward to your ownership review and updates.

I had a similar problem during my college days, when I was hell bent on getting a Thunderbird but everyone said take Splendor.
MadRasTan.....At least they were willing to allow you a motorcycle. Here it was a blanket ban. Everyone from my parents to my wife and even my uncles and aunts piped in with how unsafe it is. On the one hand, I was very happy that I had so many people concerned about me. But, I guess I wanted this bike so badly.
Old 30th November 2017, 12:38   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Bhaiyon Pranam!!

Thanks to this forum, I am now a proud owner of a Twilight Plum Dominar.
Congratulations sir. You have a rare beauty. That colour looks nice on Dominar. I would have gone for it too had the similar colour for both 2 wheelers bug not come into my mind and buy a blue Dominar. Wish you many happy miles and exclusivity with your beast .
Neeraj1903 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 21:06   #374
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeraj1903 View Post
Congratulations sir. You have a rare beauty. That colour looks nice on Dominar...

Thank you Neeraj. Yes, the Plum looks absolutely stunning. Initially, based on all the images online, I thought that I wanted a white motorcycle. But once I saw the bikes up close there was no doubt in my mind that the Plum was the color for me.
mohansrides is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 22:08   #375
BHPian

Quote:

Hoping to start a detailed ownership thread soon! Meanwhile a few pics:
Congrats on the lovely machine. I too booked the same color today and hoping to get the delivery soon. Enjoy your ride! Cheers!

Most Viewed