Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2017, 13:30   #376
Senior - BHPian

re: Ridden: Bajaj Dominar 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
I am now a proud owner of a Twilight Plum Dominar.
Congratulations on your new ride mohansrides!! Must have been an absolute delight to get your new prized possession. I shall go through your blog and also look into joining the DOC Mumbai chapter. Ride safe!
Old 3rd December 2017, 21:17   #377
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Congratulations on your new ride mohansrides!!...Ride safe!

Thank you Maverick. It is a wonderful motorcycle. I am planning on starting an ownership thread very soon. I am just waiting for the first service to get completed.
Old 4th December 2017, 11:48   #378
Senior - BHPian

I have a Jun 2017 Dominar ABS done around 3000 kms and was really happy with it till I experienced the hesitation/ lack of power on my return from a 280 km round trip yesterday.

To elaborate, The weather and roads were great on the way out, Bangalore to Shivanasamudra, and also on the return. However just before the Mysore road flyover, there was a huge traffic jam. I spent about 45 mins in this jam, with the bike running as the traffic was inching forward all the time. After the jam cleared i rode up the flyover and suddenly it seemed that i had run out of fuel. The bike just lost power for a few seconds. I dropped a gear and modulated the throttle and the engine picked up a bit but after a few second a similar thing happened following which the engine picked up normally. The whole episode took about 5 to 8 seconds. Thereafter on my 15 kms home in varying traffic this loss of power never recurred. There was no excessive heat from the engine. The temp warning never illuminated. I was in the fast lane and if a vehicle was following me close behind I could have been rear ended.

I have heard of some owners claim that an ECU reflash sorts out this problem.
Anyone here can throw some insight on this? TIA
Old 4th December 2017, 12:40   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
I have heard of some owners claim that an ECU reflash sorts out this problem.
Anyone here can throw some insight on this? TIA
Check with SVC if your ECU has update number 116. That's the latest update which came in May and this problem was sorted.
Neeraj1903 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 13:37   #380
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeraj1903 View Post
Check with SVC if your ECU has update number 116. That's the latest update which came in May and this problem was sorted.

But a June bike should automatically have received that update, no?
Old 4th December 2017, 15:10   #381
BHPian

Quote:
But a June bike should automatically have received that update, no?
Yes, it should have the latest update but this power lag issue was rectified with that update. Better to be sure that it is updated else do the needful repairs
Old 8th December 2017, 21:36   #382
Senior - BHPian

which service center in Bengaluru would be recommended for the ECU update?
Old 11th December 2017, 22:03   #383
BANNED

Mumbai riders... Quick question. I am looking for a short day ride (about 100 to 120 kms one way) from Mumbai. Any recommendations?

Please note that this will be my first long ride on the motorcycle since coming back to riding after 16 years.

Please also note that my wife will be with me as pillion rider.

Going by the above two points I am looking for a relatively safe ride without too much risk (i.e. not too much traffic; plus half decent roads would be great). I know that that may sound ridiculous considering that we are talking about motorcycle rides. But, there's always different degrees of risk.

Looking forward to your suggestions and advise.

Thank you
Old 12th December 2017, 09:27   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mumbai riders... Quick question. I am looking for a short day ride (about 100 to 120 kms one way) from Mumbai. Any recommendations?
I would recommend Lonavala, that's one of the nearest destination where majority of bikers ride for breakfast.
rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 18:24   #385
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I would recommend Lonavala, that's one of the nearest destination where majority of bikers ride for breakfast.
It is the obvious choice. My issue is that I don't know the route and given that I can't use the expressway, Google maps does not give me a two wheeler option (I have updated my app plenty of times. Still no two wheeler option for me).

But aside from Lonavla, there has got to me other options. Some quiet rides with less traffic. I was hoping that some of the more experienced people here had something to say about that.
Old 12th December 2017, 19:35   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is the obvious choice. My issue is that I don't know the route and given that I can't use the expressway
Mohan, guess you know how to reach the expressway which starts after Macdonalds. Take the road which goes below the expressway, that's the old Bombay-Poona road where two wheelers are permitted and follow it to Lonavla.

Another option would be to take the Western Express Highway (Airport road) proceed after the Dahisar toll and go on to Manor. Around 100 kms one way. Roads are good, traffic depends on the time you venture out. Depending upon where you live, try to cross the Dahisar toll by 6.30 - 7 am and you should be good.

Update us after your ride whichever route you decide to take. Ride safe and have fun.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 20:20   #387
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Mohan, guess you know how to reach the expressway ...

Update us after your ride whichever route you decide to take. Ride safe and have fun.

Cheers
Thanks Cyborg. I will certainly update this thread. The Manor option looks good to me. This is my first big ride (if you can call it that). So, I am pretty excited. First service of the motorcycle is scheduled for the day after tomorrow. I am hoping that after that the bike will be even better.
Old 12th December 2017, 20:31   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Cyborg. I will certainly update this thread. The Manor option looks good to me. This is my first big ride (if you can call it that). So, I am pretty excited. First service of the motorcycle is scheduled for the day after tomorrow. I am hoping that after that the bike will be even better.
From where you would be starting? Based on that I can recommend few. If you stay anywhere on WEH northwards, then NH8 (Mum-Ahmadabad higway basically) seems good as reaching there won't be much hassle. But beware, Sunday NH8 is a superbikers paradise, with bikes flying from all directions at high speeds .

Last edited by Dodge_Viper : 12th December 2017 at 20:32.
Dodge_Viper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 20:33   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Welcome Mohan

It's not the distance, but the fun you have doing it which is important. In fact, it's wise to start with a reasonable distance so it does not become too much.

After the service do ride the bike a bit (before your highway trip) to ensure the service people have done their job properly and there are no surprises to be discovered on the highway.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 21:03   #390
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
From where you would be starting? Based on that I can recommend few..
I am in Powai. Very close to IIT. So, to access WEH, I have to go through Godbundher. Incidentally I rode back from Mira Road two sundays ago and it was absolute hell - 10 KMPH traffic all the way up to Malad.

Quote:
Welcome Mohan

It's not the distance, but the fun you have doing it which is important. In fact, it's wise to start with a reasonable distance so it does not become too much.
My thoughts exactly. I don't want to do a 400 KM ride and end up feeling exhausted. Also, with young children and old parents on both sides, both me and my wife have lots of responsibilities. Neither one of us can afford to take more than half a day off. So, long tours are out of question until the kids grow up, and until the good Lord blesses us with a bigger vehicle.

Quote:

After the service do ride the bike a bit (before your highway trip) to ensure the service people have done their job properly and there are no surprises to be discovered on the highway.

Cheers
That's good advise. It had not occurred to me. But, I am glad that you brought it up. I will certainly take the bike for a longish spin after the service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks