Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 1st November 2018, 21:42   #526
BHPian

Default Re: Ridden: Bajaj Dominar 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshWish View Post
I told them chain was being regularly cleaned and lubed but I had no idea about Tightening of Chain.

Chain Slackness will have to be adjusted whenever required. (by whom?)
The booklet you get along with the motorcycle is called an 'Owners Manual' for a reason.

I've owned my Bajaj CT100B after owning a couple of motorcycles in the past and covering around 1.5 Lakh km's cumulatively, yet the first thing I did when I got hold of the motorcycle was to go through the ownership manual, though it doesn't seem much at first, in reality it goes a long way when it comes to reliability of the motorcycle and safety of the rider.

The SVC might be charging you a premium for service but nevertheless only if you're willing to put some effort and elbow grease into the mix would you be able to ride safely.

Cheers, Ride Safe.
A.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Sorry for hijacking the query, but mechanics tell that chain becomes taught with pillion aboard so it needs to be slack beyond the specified limit. How true is that?
B.S.

If you go through your owners manual you'll find that the motorcycle is designed to carry a specific payload, all other specs are mentioned with that specific payload in mind.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 1st November 2018 at 21:46.
ashwinprakas is offline   Reply With Quote