Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2018, 16:39   #511
BHPian

re: Ridden: Bajaj Dominar 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram8891 View Post
Don't know it brother. Never had to resort to it so can't tell you. Have you mailed them already?
Yes, mailed it to them today . If no solution is provided till tomorrow, then its tow time for bike for 40 kms on Sunday.

Thanks
Old 14th September 2018, 17:35   #512
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100BHP View Post
Pls share the social media handle . Thanks in advance .
@Bajaj_India ‏is the handle I'd used.

There seems to even be one now for Dominar @BajajDominar

If I recall right the reason I chose to tweet was due to slow response via Email.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 16:52   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
@Bajaj_India ‏is the handle I'd used.
Thanks , have tweeted the same , lets hope for the fast solution .

Last edited by ampere : 24th September 2018 at 00:04. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
100BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 12:18   #514
BHPian

Update : Doing tweeting with Bajaj since last 3 days. Today they have sent a link to complaint form & said they can't go forward without complaint registration first. I tried that form but unfortunately it does not list my city.
So again has to call to helpline & get the request number which I have tweeted to them now.

So 3 weeks + 3 days are gone with just complaint registration .
Lets hope for the best for solution .

Any ideas whats the cost of pick & drop facility of Bajaj & do I have to pay even if the bike is in warranty ?
Old 18th September 2018, 14:30   #515
BANNED

Quote:
Update : Doing tweeting with Bajaj since last 3 days. Today they have sent a link to complaint form & said they can't go forward without complaint registration first. I tried that form but unfortunately it does not list my city.
So again has to call to helpline & get the request number which I have tweeted to them now.

So 3 weeks + 3 days are gone with just complaint registration .
Lets hope for the best for solution .
I am glad that you've received a response but what bothers me is the 'close to a month' delay in getting a trivial issue sorted and that too for a motorcycle within warranty.

If I were you I would've started a new thread and highlighted the issue furnishing all evidence of transactions because if this is the treatment meted out to someone living in the capital then I can't imagine what the rest would have to go through, especially after paying a premium for a flagship product.

This is an issue that needs the attention of all motorcyclists, enthusiasts and potential customers, because the only reason anyone would opt for an Indian product is due to better after sales support and if this is the treatment meted out then it absolutely defeats the purpose of buying Indian.
Old 18th September 2018, 14:40   #516
BHPian

Quote:
I am glad that you've received a response but what bothers me is the 'close to a month' delay in getting a trivial issue sorted and that too for a motorcycle within warranty.
Well, I would like to share it in biking communities but alas I am newbie to biking (gave it up 15 years ago)
The link of this thread should be shared by biking enthusiasts in their social media.

Thanks

Last edited by ampere : 24th September 2018 at 00:04. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 18th September 2018, 18:08   #517
BANNED

Quote:
Well, I would like to share it in biking communities but alas I am newbie to biking (gave it up 15 years ago)
Why depend on Social Media when you have a access to the #1 Automotive Forum in India.

Jokes apart, I was referring to creating a fresh thread on Tbhp citing your experience along with communication trail.

Something along the lines of this is what I had in mind: New Bajaj Avenger Cruise rusting heavily!

Last edited by ampere : 24th September 2018 at 00:05. Reason: compacted quoted post
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2018, 23:49   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2luvroads View Post
Have done 19k+ kms till date in a year.
Dear Dominators waiting for your inputs on my concern please.

Last edited by ampere : 24th September 2018 at 00:05. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 11th October 2018, 16:24   #519
BHPian

Quote:

If I were you I would've started a new thread and highlighted the issue furnishing all evidence of transactions because if this is the treatment meted out to someone living in the capital then I can't imagine what the rest would have to go through, especially after paying a premium for a flagship product.

This is an issue that needs the attention of all motorcyclists, enthusiasts and potential customers, because the only reason anyone would opt for an Indian product is due to better after sales support and if this is the treatment meted out then it absolutely defeats the purpose of buying Indian.
Hi, started a new thread ! Pls share

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ty-regret.html
Old 31st October 2018, 10:01   #520
BHPian

Scary Incident happened with me while riding my 11 months old Bajaj Dominar 400!
So I was riding my Bajaj Dominar 400 (11 months old, 4200 kms ridden) and suddenly the bike chain came off. Fortunately I was not riding at higher speed or it could have been drastic. Took the bike to local mechanic as Bajaj service center was little far. He told me that he is surprised to see such a heavy chain just coming off. After a thorough check up he told me that Chain Slider is damaged and the part needs to be replaced.
Next day I took my bike to the service center and briefed them about whole incident. They told me the Chain Slider is not in stock and would take 15 days to reach them. Since then by bike is sitting idle at home.
I want to ask experts, is it normal incident or some manufacturing fault is at play?
P.S. I have already written to Bajaj, narrating the whole incident but I haven't received any response from them.
Ridden: Bajaj Dominar 400-img_20181021_105812.jpg
Old 1st November 2018, 09:51   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshWish View Post
Scary Incident happened with me while riding my 11 months old Bajaj Dominar 400!
So I was riding my Bajaj Dominar 400 (11 months old, 4200 kms ridden) and suddenly the bike chain came off. Fortunately I was not riding at higher speed or it could have been drastic. Took the bike to local mechanic as Bajaj service center was little far. He told me that he is surprised to see such a heavy chain just coming off. After a thorough check up he told me that Chain Slider is damaged and the part needs to be replaced.
Damn this was scary. I have a Feb 2017 model and have done some long rides on it. Even I find it hard to understand how this happened. Guess I know what else to get specifically checked in my next service now. Please update the thread once you know more.

I hope you didnt sustain any injuries in this whole episode.

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st November 2018 at 11:38. Reason: Fixing Quote tags. Do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.o a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.
Old 1st November 2018, 10:04   #522
BANNED

Quote:
Improper chain slack.

As a result your chain slider wore off and broke free, when it went through the rear sprocket caused the chain to jump off track as there was excess slack to begin with.

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st November 2018 at 11:39. Reason: Please avoid quoting entire large posts for short replies. Thanks
ashwinprakas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2018, 12:36   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow, that's dangerous! Were there any symptoms prior to this, like noisy chain (can get really annoying if the chain is loose), also was the chain cleaned, lubed and tightened regularly?

I have heard instances where the SVC has recommended Chain sprocket replacement in bikes with as low mileage as 5k kms! Mine is a Novemebr 2017 model and got mine changed at 17k kms.
Old 1st November 2018, 12:43   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram8891 View Post
Damn this was scary. I have a Feb 2017 model and have done some long rides on it. Even I find it hard to understand how this happened. Guess I know what else to get specifically checked in my next service now. Please update the thread once you know more.

I hope you didnt sustain any injuries in this whole episode.
Thanks for the concern Vikram. No I didn't sustain any injuries as I was riding at manageable speed.

Quote:
Improper chain slack.

As a result your chain slider wore off and broke free, when it went through the rear sprocket caused the chain to jump off track as there was excess slack to begin with.
That's what Service Center people ACCUSED me of not doing. They told me that you need to clean, lube and tighten your chain at every 500 kms. I told them chain was being regularly cleaned and lubed but I had no idea about Tightening of Chain.
I looked into service manual and found out following points:
DRIVE CHAIN SLACKNESS
Chain Slackness will have to be adjusted whenever required. (by whom?)
Std. Chain Slackness 20 - 30 mm.
Marking on chain adjusters should be identically positioned on both sides.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Wow, that's dangerous! Were there any symptoms prior to this, like noisy chain (can get really annoying if the chain is loose), also was the chain cleaned, lubed and tightened regularly?

I have heard instances where the SVC has recommended Chain sprocket replacement in bikes with as low mileage as 5k kms! Mine is a Novemebr 2017 model and got mine changed at 17k kms.
There were no symptoms. Chain was cleaned and lubed at 3500 kms. I had no idea about Chain Tightening. I thought that was the part of Cleaning and lubing process.

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st November 2018 at 22:10.
Old 1st November 2018, 13:06   #525
BHPian

Quote:
There were no symptoms. Chain was cleaned and lubed at 3500 kms. I had no idea about Chain Tightening. I thought that was the part of Cleaning and lubing process.
If chain was cleaned and lubed at SVC, they should have adjusted slackness. I have observed that the mechanics are very reluctant to adjust slack. In their opinion, dangling chain is right level of slackness. It has become a routine now during every service that I have to insist for chain to be tightened to slack level suggested in manual.

Sorry for hijacking the query, but mechanics tell that chain becomes taught with pillion aboard so it needs to be slack beyond the specified limit. How true is that?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks