Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2017, 17:21   #46
BHPian

Re: Bike under 4 lakhs for city commuting as well as long distance touring?

After a long thought, I booked something which was not considered at all. Yes, I booked CBR250 R Repsol ABS.
Needless to say that I also got approx 25K discount.
Freebies : Repsol Helmet (worth 2000/-) , AMC (worth 1600/-) for 1 year, 2 times Teflon coating ( worth 800/-)

This was not made purely because of BSIII discounts, I always felt CBR is atleast 30K over priced. Now if one see my initial requirements this ticks most of the boxes.

I am taking the delivery on 6th April. I will post PDI and initial ownership

My heartfelt thanks for everyone for the suggestions and help.
NaveenKBorra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 09:17   #47
Senior - BHPian

The new Dominar just got a lot more lucrative.

The new version with the added bells and whistles plus the color schemes are really making a serious business case.
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 10:39   #48
BHPian

Have you considered an ADV bike?
I've had a test ride of the G310 GS and I have ridden a friends RE Himalayan extensively. On both these bikes I was blown away by just how comfortable they were on Nagpur's pothole ridden roads (for reference, I'm 6 feet tall as well).

Since you don't want a RE, there is only the BMW left in this price bracket. However, if you are willing to wait, you can also try KTM's 390 adventure which is scheduled to launch this year (hopefully).

PS: I just noticed that this post is 2 years old and that of has bought a bike already.

Last edited by Abhishek3001 : 11th March 2019 at 10:41. Reason: Added a line
Old 11th March 2019, 10:52   #49
Team-BHP Support

In my mind at that budget I would only recommend one bike - the Dominar. I think its an excellent product - I can't comment for your height / weight fit but best you test ride it to check that parameter. Great city as well as highway mile muncher made as a sophisticated well kitted well built product. I'd look no further from that list.

You might want to connect with bhpian @mohansrides if you can - he's got one and he sure knows how to use it - has ridden it on long all day rides as well as within the city. Do check some of his threads and posts or connect with him if you are interested in this one.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...-journeys.html (The beauty of 1-day rides! A worthy middleweight to breakfast rides & long journeys)

You might also want to check out this thread which contradicts my observations on quality and reliability.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ty-regret.html (My Bajaj Dominar 400 ABS : Rust, Reliability & Regret).

ADVs are great bikes too - I'd say you could check out the KTM 390 ADV when it launches, the 310 BMW GS if you're ok with the BMW upkeep cost. Most others will go over the cost. Even if you get a used Versys 650 within your budget I'd still say its a bit large for routine city riding. That's where a one segment smaller ADV or something like a Dominar scores in my opinion.

EDIT: Oops - even I just realised this is a really old post. I just saw it pop up on the recent posts, saw Feb and assumed its Feb 2019. Mods you could feel free to delete this post if required.

Last edited by Axe77 : 11th March 2019 at 10:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks