Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2017, 15:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Harley-Davidson: Free storage facility for defense customers

Harley-Davidson India has introduced a new storage facility service for its Armed Forces H.O.G. Chapter, offering customers to safely store their motorcycles at selected Harley-Davidson dealerships in the country while they are away.

The Armed Forced H.O.G Chapter was formed in 2015. It comprises of Harley owners who serve the country's defense forces. The company claims that since such defense personnel often stay away from their bikes for very long tenures, there arises a need to safely park these bikes at a place where they can be looked after. This was the chief reason behind the introduction of this storage facility.

Members of the Armed Forces H.O.G. Chapter can now leave their bikes at select company dealerships while they are away and then collect it when they are back. During this period of absence of the owner, the bikes will be parked at the company's dealerships and will be regularly maintained.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 3rd March 2017 at 16:04.
dZired is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 17:25   #2
BHPian

Re: Harley-Davidson: Free storage facility for defense customers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Harley-Davidson India has introduced a new storage facility service for its Armed Forces H.O.G. Chapter, offering customers to safely store their motorcycles at selected Harley-Davidson dealerships in the country while they are away.

The Armed Forced H.O.G Chapter was formed in 2015. It comprises of Harley owners who serve the country's defense forces. The company claims that since such defense personnel often stay away from their bikes for very long tenures, there arises a need to safely park these bikes at a place where they can be looked after. This was the chief reason behind the introduction of this storage facility.

Link to Team-BHP News
Well, the intention and the thought process behind this is praise worthy. I do not own an Harley, hypothetically, If I owned one, I am not sure if I would have liked to leave my prized possession under some one else's care specially in India where it is pretty common for people to have found their spare parts being sold at the chor bazaars.
Engine_Roars is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 23:15   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Well, the intention and the thought process behind this is praise worthy. I do not own an Harley, hypothetically, If I owned one, I am not sure if I would have liked to leave my prized possession under some one else's care specially in India where it is pretty common for people to have found their spare parts being sold at the chor bazaars.
Also, don't forget the chances of ones bike being taken for joyrides. It would be a much better idea to leave their bikes at home or with a trusted friend/relative
rather than keeping it in a showroom where anything could go wrong, especially since the period is long.

Imagine the scene where the showroom has been shut down when the owner returns . Sad but similar events have happened.
Ren8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 12:35   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

For reasons outlined above, I would be surprised if even a single Harley-Davidson owner availed of this storage facility.

This is a classic PR stunt to 'remain in the news'. See the coverage they've gotten - link.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks