Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2017, 16:28   #16
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Honda working on a Royal Enfield rival

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussantiago View Post
My prediction: Honda goes the Suzuki Intruder 150 route and puts out utterly underwhelming, borderline-insulting garbage. It will probably be a 100cc or 150cc at the most, a commuter cruiser with no features and mediocre looks, priced just above the Bajaj Avenger.
Honda has already done that. There is the CB160 Hornet, derived from the Unicorn, already on sale in India!

Well, the legendary 'Hornet' badge was used only for yesteryear mid-size to litre-class Honda street motorcycles & the last CB900 Hornet was a renowned example, before Honda progressed to make the CB1000R. So, no surprises from Honda there.

What Honda ought to be doing is: bring the CB500 series to India. And especially, the CB500X. Why would Honda want to try and ape RE is beyond my understanding.
rajaghuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 17:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

Taking a cue of what Suzuki has done with the Gixxer's engine to come up with the Intruder 150, a Honda Rebel 150/160 could very well land in India.

According to me the Hornet 150R's engine in the form factor of the Rebel 300 would sell in far greater numbers.

Last edited by payeng : 14th December 2017 at 17:43.
payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 17:50   #18
BHPian

I'm eagerly awaiting the Honda Goldwing 50cc gearless scooter for India. I hear it will come with a free "dad's gift" sticker as a promotional deal.

I'm also excited about rumors that Yamaha will put out their all-new R 0.1 commuting bicycle for the Indian market in response.
marcussantiago is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 08:40   #19
Team-BHP Support

Reviving an old thread, as reports suggest that Honda is less than 18 months away from launching rivals in this market space.

Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Sr VP, sales and marketing at Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India has gone on record that Honda will be setting up an independent network of 100 outlets, which includes 22 Big Wing outlets in major towns in the coming 18 months.

Quote:
"We are approaching the premium bike business with the new energy and zeal than ever before, not to be mixed with mass market approach. We know that pricing is going to be key consideration for increasing the volumes and viability of our dealers. There has to be a model that is locally produced to make it viable,"

"We have been maintaining that middle weight category has good potential in terms of volumes. The study is on to understand exactly what kind of portfolio we need. There will be different kind of body styles in the mid-size space that will be introduced to cater to larger audience
Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/71496875.cms
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed