Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2017, 13:25   #16
BHPian

Re: KTM showroom employees fired for abusing new bikes!

I was happy that these guys got fired. No respect for the machines at all. Caused me headache when I saw this a few days back on FB.

A similar treatment was given to my P180 at Gems Bajaj in Pune. Even after instructing the guy to not let water near the CDI when washing, he did that. And then the bike won't start as water had touched the CDI. This guy then somehow managed to start the engine and then revved it hard which caused my bike to misfire with a bang. Before I could say something the SA slated that guy.

Since, then I get all my vehicles serviced in my presence. Also, I would always be present throughout the process whenever I buy a new vehicle in future. We pay our hard earned money for buying what we dream off and we should be vigilant so that we are not fooled by the dealers with some used/abused crap.
aghate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 13:27   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
: Many dealership employees treat our new cars with disdain.
As much as possible, keep an eye on your ride. Rest is down to luck.
Reminds me of this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-delivery.html
Old 1st April 2017, 19:06   #18
BHPian

Kudos to KTM on bringing in a swift and positive response.

Enough has been said already in the posts above about how savagely our bikes and cars are I'll treated and abused in these "Authorized Service Centres".
At times I find handling over my car/bike to a reputable and trustworthy garage/mechanic and have a peace of mind that my ride won't be mishandled or ill treated rather than handing over my ride to these "professional" service centres.
With a trusted mechanic/garage I also save tons of money compared to the service centres.

As mentioned in a post above, labor in India is very cheap and hence chances of finding a good mechanic who is passionate about his work and the machines he is handling is rare. On several occasions I have found independent mechanics to be more passionate and professional about their job than the ones working at the service centres.
Old 1st April 2017, 19:10   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Good riddance for the company I must say, but there are numerous more of such disrespectful personnel working for such companies

Recently saw a brand new Baleno being driven on the wrong side of the road by a dimwit near to the showroom.

Last edited by vishy76 : 1st April 2017 at 19:27.
Old 1st April 2017, 19:23   #20
BANNED

Just can't help it man. My car had 110kms on the odo before delivery. But I was a kid with candy in front of him and checked whatever I could as a pdi and take it home. For servicing If I have a day free and if they can give it the same day I'll be there. Else leave it.
I feel the express 2 hour services in Delhi/Gurgaon are lovely and it's a shame VW doesn't have it here in Bangalore.
H_Dogg72 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks