Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2017, 20:23   #1
BHPian

2017 Honda Dio leaked: The Motoscoot gets snazzier

2017 Honda Dio leaked: The Motoscoot gets snazzier-memeimage1490366574504.jpg
The 2017, BS IV Honda Dio has been spied at a dealer stockyard. The most noticeable highlight is the addition of a new lighting element at the front.

The scooter also gets a dual tone finish on the apron, along with new graphics.

Source:Link
LoneTraveller is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 23:09   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 2017 Honda Dio leaked: The Motoscoot gets snazzier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneTraveller View Post
new lighting element at the front.
DRL? How does it help when we already have AHO?
Dio is getting better for every facelift. Dual tone finish on the apron looks cool on the yellow one and adding carbon-fiber finish will enhance the looks further.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 01:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

I've always felt that the Dio was the better of the Activa siblings, not just because I owned one 12 years ago but because it makes sense in a whole lot of way. For starters, it was lighter than the Activa by around 11 kgs i think(99kg vs 110kg) back then due to the metal vs fiber body. The second part was that the Fiber body parts were cheap to replace in the case of a fall. They'd last 1 or two falls before their clips snap off which is when you seek a replacement which was dirt cheap back then(a few hundred bucks per panel). If I remember correctly, you could order the whole body panels on that thing unpainted for around 4000. Painted would set you back by another 2k i think.
The thing returned better fuel economy than any activa back then(owing to its lightness I guess).

I asked a few Activa owners why they didn't pick the Dio over their Activas back then and their answers were a bit perplexing to say the least. Most of them told me that the Dio's headlight is fixed onto the body whereas the Activa's headlight was fixed onto the handlebar, meaning that the Activa's headlamp would light up the road much quicker than the Dio's headlight.

Some people also told me that the fiber is a lot weaker than the metal body on the Activa. Their reasoning was that it is easier to remove a dent off the metal body than having to replace the whole fiber body (most of them did not even realize that the body panels were layered).

If HMSI would plonk their 125cc engine into one of these, I'd happily buy one again. Not having a scooter for the daily errands is a big headache these days. But I guess the reason its still got the 110cc engine is due to its sales not being as high as the Activas who now have 3 125cc variants(?).
Nithesh_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 02:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post

I asked a few Activa owners why they didn't pick the Dio over their Activas back then and their answers were a bit perplexing to say the least. Most of them told me that the Dio's headlight is fixed onto the body whereas the Activa's headlight was fixed onto the handlebar, meaning that the Activa's headlamp would light up the road much quicker than the Dio's headlight.

Some people also told me that the fiber is a lot weaker than the metal body on the Activa. Their reasoning was that it is easier to remove a dent off the metal body than having to replace the whole fiber body (most of them did not even realize that the body panels were layered).
Both are valid reasons actually IMHO. When one drives the Activa or any other vehicle with the headlight on the handle bar section, it helps with the illumination of the path before or as the wheels begin to tread in that line.

Compare this with the Dio whose body has to be in line with the direction of the road to know what lies ahead. By the time that happens, the front wheels are already leading on that path.

Also people may prefer to have dented metal bodies than broken plastic panels. Most don't bother with fixing the damage, I suppose until it is a hindrance to ride

The other day I saw Dio with its heat guard on the silencer poking dangerously outside the scooter. It would certainly scratch the person nearest to them on a crowded area. It was jutting out extremely wide from the scooter. People just don't care as long the scooter is running it seems.

The Dio is certainly a sprightly scooter and more famous among the younger crowd.
SchumiFan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 14:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post

Compare this with the Dio whose body has to be in line with the direction of the road to know what lies ahead. By the time that happens, the front wheels are already leading on that path.
Given that the headlight beam has a wide throw, I'm not sure if you'd even notice the difference in split second timing between the headlight throw of an Activa and a Dio.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 18:12   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Given that the headlight beam has a wide throw, I'm not sure if you'd even notice the difference in split second timing between the headlight throw of an Activa and a Dio.
Completely agree. Have rode a Dio and currently own a Aprilia SR 150 and have never faced any issues with regards to the headlight being part of the body. The throw is what matters and it's more than adequate in all conditions.

Good thing with the headlight being fixed to the body is that there is absolutely no vertical movements (in the light throw on the road) noticed while braking or when one goes through undulations on the road.
vinair is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 11:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda Dio leaked: The Motoscoot gets snazzier

God! When will they replace the front suspension setup. Honda just keeps making Dio snazzier, but doesn't bring the update that really matters. Come on Honda, even Scooty Pep has telescopic fronts from day one.
fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 11:55   #8
BHPian

The yellow color looks like old school wolverine. Matt black has my vote. But the fact that the dio does not get an engine upgrade and disk brakes still make this update nothing but an external facelift job.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda Dio leaked: The Motoscoot gets snazzier-frontyellow.png  

2017 Honda Dio leaked: The Motoscoot gets snazzier-frontblue.png  

2017 Honda Dio leaked: The Motoscoot gets snazzier-frontred.png  

2017 Honda Dio leaked: The Motoscoot gets snazzier-frontorange.png  

2017 Honda Dio leaked: The Motoscoot gets snazzier-frontgray.png  

Dr.Ameya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 15:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

2017 Honda Dio launched at Rs 49,132
2017 Honda Dio leaked: The Motoscoot gets snazzier-dio.jpg
Link

Last edited by SoumenD : 27th March 2017 at 15:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks