Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2017, 15:27   #181
BHPian

Re: List of discounts on BS-III Motorbikes & Scooters in your city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Autocar reports that Mahindra has 18000 unsold BS3 vehicles including 2 wheelers
That's surprising. Probably the stock near Tier 1-2 cities was depleted and the remaining stock quoted on Autocar would apparently be from remote cities which couldn't be sold off in those last two days of March. Mahindra could have chosen to meet the excess order from metro cities through these unsold stock in remaining areas but the logistics would probably be the deal breaker, hence the cancellation & refund from Mahindra. These are just my two cents on this fiasco
Old 6th April 2017, 16:19   #182
BHPian

Bangalore Mekhri circle KTM has a Duke 200 and RC390 for 1.5 and 2.15 respectively. Looks like they registered the bikes under their company name. So the buyer would be the second owner.
Old 13th April 2017, 10:18   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the second round sales of the BS III bikes bought around the last week of March have begun. Noticed some ads in OLX as well.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...BR-250-R.html/
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 18:26   #184
Senior - BHPian

According to SIAM, over 143000 BS III vehicles worth around 5000 crore remain unsold!!! That is a huge number.

Source : NDTV Auto
TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 18:51   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
According to SIAM, over 143000 BS III vehicles worth around 5000 crore remain unsold!!! That is a huge number.

Source : NDTV Auto
Out the these unsold stock, 96,000 are commercial vehicles.

Unlike low value 2 wheelers which are disposed off by discounting, these were high value goods, which were a not substantially cheaper even after discounts.

Anyways, these vehicles can be taken back by manufacturers and components could be changed to make them BS-IV.
abhishek46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 14:42   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
I have a question here. Which fuel do people think are more polluting between Diesel and Petrol? What are the considerations of air pollution? I am not sure if this fits here or requires a separate thread by itself.
It may seem to be a no-brainer - most of us may claim it is Diesel. I do not think it is as simple or direct though. There had been several studies that showed Diesel may be better than petrol cars, especially considering the improvement in the engines and use of technology/filter-like devices. However, the world is moving to the petrol-better view in very recent times.

It is not a simple thing to determine what is more polluting. The overall volume of pollutants may be higher in one fuel; but what about the threat profile for the components? E.g., can NO2 considered more dangerous than CO2 emission, and if so how much more weightage should we attribute to it? What about the soot, are they considered a pollutant as well? What about the mileage factor: pollution per unit distance is more relevant than pollution per unit fuel? I will not be surprised if there would be some math/logic worked out by some study that implies Petrol engines have more environmental cost than a diesel one used for the same unit of work.

It is better for us to acknowledge that both are polluting and move towards cleaner forms of energy like the electric power. Even that may not be actually clean as it may seem to be. Forget the green guy who charges his E20 from an apartment running on Diesel generator power; the environment cost to generate industrial/domestic electricity is still higher than what we may actually think it is. Even factors like transmission loss becomes a contributing element.
VinsWagen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 20:38   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
Just managed to get the last Repsol in West Delhi last night. 1.3 for a bike that costs 1.79 on-road - this is almost 30% off. At this price, the CBR250R makes for a great deal, enough to replace my Himalayan (and going back to being a Jap user!)

PS: Deliveries are today as there was too much mess yesterday
Stumbled upon the bike in the classifieds section. Any reason for selling it so early? Luckily, you most likely won't lose any money in the deal (rather earn some looking at the non-negotiable price ).
Old 18th April 2017, 10:35   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
Stumbled upon the bike in the classifieds section. Any reason for selling it so early? Luckily, you most likely won't lose any money in the deal (rather earn some looking at the non-negotiable price ).
Opening up a small property in Manali and got another great deal for a part of a little cottage, away from the hustle bustle. So invested there.

PS: Didn't really make much money. Bike got sold for a lower amount as compared to what was quoted. A close friend took it!
BunnyPunia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 12:02   #189
BHPian

Mumbai Dealers have KTM390 Dukes for 1.7L _ Bhandup and Thane as well.
Further negotiations on table.
If anyone is interested- just go there and start bargainning
Hammer & Anvil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 23:01   #190
BHPian

Got my Black Honda Navi yesterday at Bangalore from one of the dealer for INR 36500 including a few of the accessories though I would be the second owner. The cute little bike is peppy to drive . Definitely a looker and a eye candy.

It was a impulsive decision and I think its definitely worth the fun which was available at the price of a smart phone.
mjkaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 23:35   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsWagen View Post
It may seem to be a no-brainer - most of us may claim it is Diesel.
This may not be directly related but I am involved in the transportation of Diesel, Petrol & Jet Fuel. If the tank has carried Diesel before you can load Petrol in it without cleaning it. If it carried Petrol and you need to load Diesel, it needs to be washed. For Jet Fuel it needs to be washed anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Don't wish to offend anyone, but BS3 motorcycle would any day be more eco friendly than our diesel daily,
See above.

Quote:
let's not hate people since we did not have the urge to buy a two wheeler during this discount.
My +1.
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 21:34   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, I visited a Honda dealer who had a stock of BS3 CBR250R with him. The stock details are as follows:
1. CBR 250ABS Repsol - 2 Nos.
2. CBR 250 STD - 8 Repsols, 1 Black+white, 1 Full black

These bikes have been registered in the name of the dealer, and they are offering a 25k discount on the price. Somehow it seems to be on the lower side to me. Werent the bikes sold for a lesser price? Now, I am getting a 250R ABS REPSOL at 2L on road in Bangalore while the OTR price without discount is 2.25L. I tried haggling down a bit but that did not seem to work.

How good or bad is this deal?
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2017, 09:31   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer & Anvil View Post
Mumbai Dealers have KTM390 Dukes for 1.7L _ Bhandup and Thane as well.
Further negotiations on table.
If anyone is interested- just go there and start bargainning
That's interesting! Do you know name of any such dealer? Few days back i asked in vashi KTM but they didn't have any old stock.
Old 13th May 2017, 12:45   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
...and they are offering a 25k discount on the price. Somehow it seems to be on the lower side to me. Werent the bikes sold for a lesser price? Now, I am getting a 250R ABS REPSOL at 2L on road in Bangalore while the OTR price without discount is 2.25L. I tried haggling down a bit but that did not seem to work.

How good or bad is this deal?
Most Honda dealers were offering a 30K discount on the CBRs, some upto 50K. For a 2nd owner bike, 25K is less I'd say. CBRs lose their value like crazy, so please think about this.

You might be able to find a 2016 10K kms run, well maintained bike for 1.5L (if you are ok with the pre-owned route). I personally think Repsol is a slow moving one, most dealers everywhere had only Repsols in stock / sold out the last in Mar 2017.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 13th May 2017 at 12:49.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks