Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2017, 12:04   #46
BHPian

Re: Full list of Kawasaki dealerships in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Unexpectedly took delivery of my Ninja 300 today. The last week was a complete roller coaster ride for those guys at Rideventur. Considering they delivered the bike to me in four working days, the experience was nothing less than amazing.
Congratulations Audioholic on the purchase of Ninja 300. It indeed is a butter smooth Kwacker.

Please do go through the manual for running-in period. It is annoying but best is to finish it quickly and get over it.

I have been using my MY16 N300 for over 1.5 years now with 14k at Odo currently. It is such a mesmerizing experience post selling Duke 390. You feel like a king sitting on a sofa riding at 7K-8K RPM.

Although, you might feel you would be paying premium service costs over other 300s but believe me the machine have ZERO niggles, it is that brilliantly engineered.

Wishing you very happy and safe miles ahead!

Cheers,
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 13:02   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
Congratulations Audioholic on the purchase of Ninja 300. It indeed is a butter smooth Kwacker.
Thank you. But I have one doubt, the bike is not exactly butter smooth and some slight vibrations can be felt at the handlebar and footpegs. Am I expecting too much or should it not be present? Of course, this is again at certain engine speeds only. Since I have no other experience with bikes, I cant really compare it but when compared to the KTMs, this is butter smooth.

Regarding running in, I should ask the bike to forgive me. The manual suggests keeping within 4k RPM but I cross that and ride between 4-5.5k RPM. I even took it for a highway spin and did a few bursts of 7-8k RPM just to see how it behaved at triple digit speeds. However, I will make it a point to take it to office more frequently and complete the run in and first service. Currently the ODO stands at 270 and by evening it will reach the 300kms mark.

Below 4k RPM its a commuter bike and that is not fun
Old 24th October 2017, 14:11   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. But I have one doubt, the bike is not exactly butter smooth and some slight vibrations can be felt at the handlebar and footpegs. Am I expecting too much or should it not be present? Of course, this is again at certain engine speeds only. Since I have no other experience with bikes, I cant really compare it but when compared to the KTMs, this is butter smooth.

Regarding running in, I should ask the bike to forgive me. The manual suggests keeping within 4k RPM but I cross that and ride between 4-5.5k RPM. I even took it for a highway spin and did a few bursts of 7-8k RPM just to see how it behaved at triple digit speeds. However, I will make it a point to take it to office more frequently and complete the run in and first service. Currently the ODO stands at 270 and by evening it will reach the 300kms mark.

Below 4k RPM its a commuter bike and that is not fun
I would suggest if you could cover a few more miles on the bike and observe if the vibrations still persists. Just FYI, you may want to check the handle vibrations / wobbling at 60-70Kmph which are observed on some bikes due to faulty bearings.

Link -

I religiously followed the running-in with varying RPMs below recommended levels just to respect the machine and not blame myself later for any niggle.

Below 4K RPM as you mentioned, the engine is a little lousy to respond, but the mid and top are equally brilliant.

Cheers,
Amey
Old 24th October 2017, 14:29   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest if you could cover a few more miles on the bike and observe if the vibrations still persists. Just FYI, you may want to check the handle vibrations / wobbling at 60-70Kmph which are observed on some bikes due to faulty bearings.

Below 4K RPM as you mentioned, the engine is a little lousy to respond, but the mid and top are equally brilliant.
Hey, thanks for pointing it out. Yes, I do have that slight wobble right between 70-75kmph. Did you have the same issue? If yes then was it fixed? I was thinking that balancing was the culprit. I will check with the service center soon.
Old 24th October 2017, 14:56   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, thanks for pointing it out. Yes, I do have that slight wobble right between 70-75kmph. Did you have the same issue? If yes then was it fixed? I was thinking that balancing was the culprit. I will check with the service center soon.
Fortunately i did not face this issue. But I keep checking every ride just to be cautious about it.

I have a 16K Kms service coming up, I will be raising this issue with Kawasaki to check & fix it under warranty.

Cheers,
Amey
Old 29th October 2017, 18:29   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Fortunately i did not face this issue. But I keep checking every ride just to be cautious about it.

I have a 16K Kms service coming up, I will be raising this issue with Kawasaki to check & fix it under warranty.

Cheers,
Amey
Just to update, the issue seems to be gone after getting rid of IRC tyres and switching to Michellin PSR. Before that wobble at 70kmph was a speed alarm for me. Now it is no longer
Old 31st October 2017, 09:28   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Overdrive is reporting that discount is now increased to 38K for N300, guess they would have withdrawn the frew jacket offer.

http://overdrive.in/amp/news-cars-au...t-of-rs-38000/
Old 31st October 2017, 09:45   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Overdrive is reporting that discount is now increased to 38K for N300, guess they would have withdrawn the frew jacket offer.

http://overdrive.in/amp/news-cars-au...t-of-rs-38000/
Maybe some chap went and argued that he doesnt need a jacket and is good to do with some shorts and floaters to enjoy the rush of air and hence they added the money to his discount of 25000+14000. The jacket offer is still there in Bangalore as of last weekend. Not sure if one can swap the jacket with a further cash discount.
Old 31st October 2017, 09:55   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Maybe some chap went and argued that he doesnt need a jacket
That jacket is made by the guys at rynox under a contract afaik. Much better off with the cash discount and getting a proper jacket from revit or dainese for the money during a sale.
Old 31st October 2017, 10:05   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
That jacket is made by the guys at rynox under a contract afaik. Much better off with the cash discount and getting a proper jacket from revit or dainese for the money during a sale.
The jacket I got is made by AGV Sport and is not locally made. Not sure if you are talking about the same jacket.
Old 31st October 2017, 10:22   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The jacket I got is made by AGV Sport and is not locally made. Not sure if you are talking about the same jacket.
Strange. Was confirmed by someone i know well and trust in the biking circle. But your badge on the jacket is the final authority. Congrats!
Old 1st November 2017, 08:56   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Just to update, the issue seems to be gone after getting rid of IRC tyres and switching to Michellin PSR. Before that wobble at 70kmph was a speed alarm for me. Now it is no longer
Thanks for sharing. Good that you right away changed the tyres to Michelin PSR. I too am running on the same tyres and provide excellent feedback on highways and in corners.

Of course these cannot be compared to Metzlers but do the job very well.

Cheers,
Amey

Most Viewed