Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2006, 16:44   #46
Senior - BHPian

@madbullram, that was some outpouring of emotions.
We guys (and a few gals) can be real crazy when it comes to bikes / cars. Guess most girls would never understand the fuss we make over a combination of metal, plastic and rubber.
Old 9th November 2006, 16:50   #47

My Story :

Circa year 1998 : My Second Year in Industrial Engg.

I had just lost my means of transport, the Hero Honda CD100, my brother started using it regularly. So I had to do something to make sure I wasn't walking all the way to college. That's when I found out my cousin had a relative's (who happens to be a squadron leader in the Indian Air Force) Enfield Bullet (1983) at his house. He had not used it for 6 months and had bought an LML Adreno for himself. So I decided let's try this bike which my dad, uncle and the clan rode in their youth and didn't want to buy for my bros and me. So I took the keys and took a look at the Bullet. The front tyre was flat, so I pushed the bike some 50 metres (that's some effort) uphill to the tyre repair person. Got it inflated (fortunately wasn't punctured). After some 5 minutes of trying, the bike came to life and thus I had started my tryst with the legend.

When I went to get it serviced, all I had to do was - wash it thoroughly, change filters, the oil, lubricate it, charge the battery, etc. and I did all that in around 200 Rs. Not at all bad for a bike which was lying around in dust for 6 months. Then, I got the handle changed with a more comfortable Kawasaki one. Accelerator cable assy. and the grip was replaced with that of a Splendor's. Got the seats re-cushioned, sidebag fitted.

Now, I was ready to drive around this beauty and 2 months, 1500 k.m. later, I was just so on top of the world. Went to a lot of cruises and odd remote places, but this baby never died on me.
I remember one time, I rode to Sinhagad on a clear night with two of my friends. Was climbing the Sinhagad ghat triple-seat at around 11.30 p.m., dead of the night with the bullet thumping away.....Not very eco-friendly, I admit, but the feeling was the best in this world. We also had quite a lot of luggage - a home-made heavy astronomy telescope, 2 sacks full of food and trekking essentials.
Second trip to Sinhagad was with my girlfriend who'd later become my better half. A very rainy day and since it were the early courtship days, quite a memorable one too. (These amazing rides can only be matched by my two trips to Goa on my trusted Fiero - the first time was my honeymoon and the second, this Diwali vacation).

But alas, the rightful owner of the bullet wanted to have her back after a couple of months and I had to let go. I was seriously heart-broken.

There were a few minor problems like the rear suspension being very hard and sensitive, I used to joke that you can use this bike to measure the slightest crests and troughs on a road. But I didn't have time, neither the money to work more on it. Neither did I mind it very much.

Memories have been refreshed and I now have a new year resolution made - buy an old Bullet 350 till End of Year 2007.

I guess, that's what a bullet means to me.
Old 9th November 2006, 17:06   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram

Is it because she makes me spend so much time with her, she is now a part of me?

I don’t know…but I know I can’t live without her…
very relevent to the title of the thread"why bullet" and only could be answered by a bulleteer and not a person owning other bikes or having ridden bullet once or twice,iam saying here that whatever pro's or con's bullet may have the topic here is still "why bullet"and not "why XYZ...and bullet is crap!!!"

and boy o boy "THATS WHY BULLET"very very well written bloke...its not a story,its every bulleteers experience.
Old 9th November 2006, 17:12   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
@madbullram, that was some outpouring of emotions.
We guys (and a few gals) can be real crazy when it comes to bikes / cars. Guess most girls would never understand the fuss we make over a combination of metal, plastic and rubber.
Read it somewhere that its hardcore bikers who remain single when compared to others...curse or blessing

Himanshu: I still hate my bullet (but I am an obsessed lover!)

To all: KPH started the thread to know why people love bullets, lets not compare bullets and other bikes please. Its individuals taste and preference. I love all machines, my Bullet, My RD, My Jawa, My Santro... and I love my Hero Puch which was the one that helped me get through my college days...Lets keep this thread to its intent.
Old 9th November 2006, 18:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
and I love my Hero Puch which was the one that helped me get through my college days...
Hail Fellow Puch-er (pun intended) !!! I used to ride one too - what a lil bike(?), but lets get back to the topic.
Old 9th November 2006, 19:13   #51
BHPian

sir,this is indeed the voice of every bulleteer.i doudbt there is any other better way to manifest it.

hats off to you sir!!!!!!!
Old 9th November 2006, 22:53   #52
kph
BHPian

Quote:
lets not compare bullets and other bikes please. Its individuals taste and preference. I love all machines, my Bullet, My RD, My Jawa, My Santro... and I love my Hero Puch which was the one that helped me get through my college days...Lets keep this thread to its intent.
Well said ram…I truly truly appreciate that…
See, if someone wants to start a thread if he/she really feels like, he/she can start one like “why pulsar” or “why RX100” or any other brand/breed. Each machine is good at what it’s for, undeniable fact. One is not better than the other. Low powered ones may have better mileage, and vice versa. Less troublesome ones may put big hole in your pocket (Those are not the points I intended to convey here though, just trying to exemplify). One chooses the one meant/suitable to him coz for him that is the right one or the best one. Here what we try to share is the reason behind ones attachment towards Bullet. We’ve even found out that for some it is an unconditional love. Isn’t it quite surprising! at least to me, it is. I truly appreciate the thoughts shared by all of you.
Old 10th November 2006, 11:10   #53
BHPian

@Ram,

that was touching...

We have 3 bullets at home now ...thunderbird , Bullet 500 and Dads vintage standard bullet circa 1961..He does not ride it now..but still cleans and polishes it every sunday and it still moves like a dream .... And he has travelled all over south India with my mother on that bike in his days..Obviously it is not for sale at any price

His biggest regret - he had a 750 cc twin cylinder bullet in 1960s , which he sold off after 3- 4 years..He has been trying to repurchase one everywhere , but can't find one
Old 10th November 2006, 11:59   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12

His biggest regret - he had a 750 cc twin cylinder bullet in 1960s , which he sold off after 3- 4 years..He has been trying to repurchase one everywhere , but can't find one
WOwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I can completly understand bro...what I would give to have her...
Old 10th November 2006, 12:34   #55
BHPian

The RE Bullet :

Pros : Torque

Cons :

1. Marks its territory by leaking oil
2. Vibrates a hell lot more than any other four-stroke.
3. No intial speed.
4. Sad top-whack
5. Bikes half the engine capacity WILL beat it
6. As opposed to popular conception / mis-conception, IMHO, there are better touring bikes than this.
7. Cant lift the front wheel :P
8. Big-time sucker attitude of more than half of the bulleteers (you cant deny that)

The happiest moment in a bulleteers life is probably when he gets his bike to start in the mornings

I'd probably own one when i'm 50+ years of age...er... NO.. i've changed my mind... Wont have one

Can find MUCH better alternatives.

No offence intended. But i can give you incidents which might make you ROTFL.

In the biking fraternity around (non-bulleteers), the bulleteers are probably not considered elite (as they might think) but more of an outcast.

PS: These are entirely my opinions of the bike. I have the right of speech. And This is not a Bullet site thankfully
Old 10th November 2006, 14:12   #56
BHPian

desmoquattro:

I empathise with you mate...no offense...but read the title, its Why enfield bullet? not Why you dont like bullet or what do you think of bullets. So pleease keep it to it.

Its aint bullet forum, you can start a thread why i hate bullet...and you know what, I will post the first reply with 100 things I hate about her vbmenu_register("postmenu_323802", true);
Old 10th November 2006, 14:17   #57

Tell me which other bike in India has so many biking fans/ Clubs

The Royal Enfield Bullet and Other Bullet related Links!

60kph: All India Bullet Club
http://www.60kph.com

Eastern Bulls: Calcutta Bullet Club
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/easternbulls

Inddie Thumpers: Mumbai Bullet Club
http://www.inddiethumpers.com

Madras Bulls: Chennai Bullet Club
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/madrasbulls

Road Shakers: Pune Bullet Club
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Roadshakers
http://www.roadshakers.com/

Road Survivors: Chandigarh Bullet Club
http://www.roadsurvivorschd.com

Royal Beasts: Delhi Bullet Club
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/royalbeasts

The Wanderers: Hyderabad Bullet Club
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wanderers-Hyderabad

and this might not be a complete list
Old 11th November 2006, 00:23   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Yo trooper, good to see you here man!!!
hi ram.

good to see ur here too man.

wow, i never knew u felt that way about ur bullet. Heck, i seem to like mine more than u like urs , but lets not get into all that!
Old 14th November 2006, 00:02   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmoquattro
The RE Bullet :

Pros : Torque

Cons :

1. Marks its territory by leaking oil
so others beware

2. Vibrates a hell lot more than any other four-stroke.
its a single, pushrod

3. No intial speed.
most like it that way,

4. Sad top-whack
thats what u think or have seen

5. Bikes half the engine capacity WILL beat it
agreed

6. As opposed to popular conception / mis-conception, IMHO, there are better touring bikes than this.
agreed

7. Cant lift the front wheel :P
yes its heavy up front too (unlike bikes half its engine capacity)

8. Big-time sucker attitude of more than half of the bulleteers (you cant deny that)
i know its an attitude that u ride when its bullet.

[/quote]The happiest moment in a bulleteers life is probably when he gets his bike to start in the mornings [/quote]

THATS WHEN U HAVE NEWBIES NOT UNDERSTANDING WHAT DECOMPRESSION IS AND KICKING THEIR LUNGS OUT!!!

[/quote]I'd probably own one when i'm 50+ years of age...er... NO.. i've changed my mind... Wont have one [/quote]

u've answered that.

[/quote]Can find MUCH better alternatives.
No offence intended. But i can give you incidents which might make you ROTFL.[/quote]

the problem is u have a alternative WE dont.

[/quote]In the biking fraternity around (non-bulleteers), the bulleteers are probably not considered elite (as they might think) but more of an outcast.[/quote]

OUTCAST is as you see it
CLAN is as we see it

[/quote]PS: These are entirely my opinions of the bike. I have the right of speech. And This is not a Bullet site thankfully [/quote]

even on the bullet site there are many members not owning a "bullet" or having some other bike and keep typing some rubbish.
right of speech oh yes excused!!!

Last edited by 2fast4u : 14th November 2006 at 00:06.
Old 14th November 2006, 00:02   #60
BHPian

madbullram i had to reply to that

Last edited by 2fast4u : 14th November 2006 at 00:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks