Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2017, 20:50   #16
BHPian

Re: Honda Activa sales cross 20 lakh in 7 months, sets new record

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The Honda Activa has become the only Indian two-wheeler to cross 20 lakh unit sales in 7 months.
Does this figure include sales of other variants of Activa i.e. Activa125 and Activa-i too?
Old 25th November 2017, 12:57   #17
BANNED

I have no Idea why Indians love activa so much. Majority of my friends own an Activa. Is fuel efficiency a big reason? I have driven different scooties of my friends like Aviator, Maestro, Jupiter and even Activa etc. But Activa doesn't feel that lively. Instead Jupiter has the best acceleration amongst all. Note- I have no intentions to hurt/target any activa owner. This just my personal view.
Old 25th November 2017, 13:36   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simat View Post
I have no Idea why Indians love activa so much. Majority of my friends own an Activa. Is fuel efficiency a big reason? I have driven different scooties of my friends like Aviator, Maestro, Jupiter and even Activa etc. But Activa doesn't feel that lively. Instead Jupiter has the best acceleration amongst all. Note- I have no intentions to hurt/target any activa owner. This just my personal view.
The same reason Indians love Maruti Suzuki so much. Network effect. The default choice. The alternative has to be substantially better.
drsingh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th October 2018, 21:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

Honda Activa 2 crore sales up

The Honda Activa has reached a new sales milestone of 2 crore sales. According to the company, today, an Activa is sold every 9 seconds.

On the Honda Activa's stupendous success. EDIT: 2.5 crore units sold!-activa.jpg

The scooter was launched in the Indian market in 2001. In its debut year, Honda sold 55,000 units. In 2003, the Activa's cumulative sales crossed the 5 lakh mark. In the next 2 years, sales of the model doubled. In 2012, sales breached the 50 lakh mark and in 2015, the Activa became the first Indian scooter to sell over 1 crore units. It took Honda 15 years to reach the 1 crore sales mark. However, the 2nd crore was achieved in just 3 years.

The Activa is now in its fifth generation. It comes equipped with an LED headlamp and an analogue speedometer with a digital readout and service due indicator. It is powered by a 109.19cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine that produces 8 BHP @ 7,500 rpm and 9 Nm of torque @ 5,500 rpm and comes mated to a continuously variable transmission.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 19th October 2018, 21:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Activa 2 crore sales up

This even looks better when you use numerals - 20,000,000. Of which 10,000,000 were sold just in 3 years? That is insane numbers. Consider that 21,168,947 or around that number of cars were sold in the US in the last 3 years (off www.statista.com)? Honda is smiling about this machine for sure - all the way to the banks!
naveenroy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th October 2018, 22:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

The most dreaded vehicle on the road for me.
Atleast one among those 2 crore vehicles gives me a scare each day while I am on the road.
rrsteer is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 19th October 2018, 22:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

Shame on your Honda, 5G activa still carries the same suspension it stated with.
The attitude at Honda dealerships needs to change.
TVS is way better and more VFM.

People have started to look beyond Maggi now for noodles and Honda needs to know that.
Honda service centres are also way too crowded to get quality service.

Last edited by silverado : 19th October 2018 at 22:36.
silverado is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 15:23   #23
BHPian

In my extended family I have come across 4 Activas from different generations, and I have found only one thing in common. They all rode very poorly. Sorry excuse of a suspension and spongy brakes.

I just don't get it. Why do people keep buying it? There must be something I'm missing.
gvivek75 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 19:18   #24
Team-BHP Support

Why so serious, folks?

Activa is almost as revolutionary or iconic as Maruti 800. It represents freedom for millions of womenfolk (and for some men who get perplexed by motorcycle gears!).

Last edited by SmartCat : 20th October 2018 at 19:41.
SmartCat is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 19:59   #25
BHPian

Great achievement Honda , but having said that, I don't really intend to own a Honda again. I currently own a Honda bike and the attitude of the service centre really makes you stay away from the Honda castle. A government office is far better than Honda's service centre or customer relations.

Last edited by GTO : 21st October 2018 at 17:16. Reason: Poorly typed post
speedgun is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st October 2018, 00:06   #26
BHPian

I drive one of those. It is not bad neither very good. Gets the job done.

Not sure what to say about this achievement. It’s the same 109cc regardless of generations and the dupes Dio, Activa i, cliq, navi, blah, blah. Access 125 is way better to ride, still costing less than Activa 109. Selling so many at a premium over formidable competitors is surely an achievement.

Sadly we did not challenge HMI, and they don’t bother to bring the good ones they sell abroad.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 21st October 2018 at 00:10.
Thermodynamics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 01:26   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hahah you guys are all so sore about the insane numbers that Honda has sold! My dad owned one of these. It is a great machine. And a honda. No issues with the engine at all.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 13:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

Scary handling apart, Honda gets one thing right : Its engine. That is what makes the scooter such a no-brainer for many people.

There is another reason for people buying Activas, most dont keep the vehicle with them for a long time. Most small time traders who have to carry goods to and fro swear by the reliability of the engine as they dont have time and luxury to keep it in garages for small issues. And if at all the scooter starts giving problems after riding it hard, there is a simple solution to it : just replace her with a new one !
NiInJa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 02:25   #29
BHPian

re: On the Honda Activa's stupendous success. EDIT: 2.5 crore units sold!

about a month ago while I parked my scooter (non-activa) in the parking lot of a residential apartment, something shook me. I had taken a pic then and now this thread is a testimony of that.

i believe we are witnessing history being created in the indian automobile space by these products : Activa, Splendor, Alto & Dzire.
Attached Thumbnails
On the Honda Activa's stupendous success. EDIT: 2.5 crore units sold!-ha.png  

rubicon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2018, 00:00   #30
BHPian

re: On the Honda Activa's stupendous success. EDIT: 2.5 crore units sold!

Everyone buys an Activa, because for them a scooter is always an Activa - nothing else. Recently, when my sister-in-law was looking for scooters, I suggested to go for Ntorq or at least consider Jupiter/Access and she was like "What? Are they scooters?" and finally went with an Activa.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks