Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2017, 17:10   #31
BHPian

Re: Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing in India

Honestly this has to be the ugliest motorcycle I have seen in the recent times. The headlight cluster looks like the predator smiling at Arnie in the movie Predator. "Yes Yamaha" that is a horrible looking motorcycle.
ron_9191 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 17:15   #32
Senior - BHPian

The integration of the fairing and the headlamps is extremely hideous.
Part sharing across models is good for the manufacturer, no doubt. But, at the cost of such hideousness?

Looks like the people who designed the fairing had not seen the rest of the design/headlamps earlier. Did they design the fairing in isolation and plonked it on the frame directly?

What else could be the reason for not increasing the shape or size of the headlamp?
How hard can it be!
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 21:33   #33
e46
BHPian

Thats one seriously bad looking motorcycle we got there. The cowl design guy must have been in terrible mood, designing that piece.
e46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 13:39   #34
BHPian

Fazer25 launched at 1.28 lakh

The latest from Yamaha comes in the form of the Fazer25. It is to the FZ25 what the Fazer FI is to the FZ – a faired, touring-friendly, and more stylish version of the naked bike. The bike has been priced at Rs 1.28 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai), making it pricier by Rs 10,000 than the FZ25.

However, where Fazer FI uses a quarter-fairing, Yamaha has given the Fazer25 a more substantial full-fairing, akin to the Suzuki Gixxer SF. The Fazer25 uses the same 20.9hp, 249cc, single-cylinder, air/oil-cooled motor with a five-speed gearbox as the FZ25, and also retains the naked bike’s diamond-type frame and suspension setup.

Like on the test mule spotted recently, the fairing gets faux air intakes on the sides and features full-LED headlamps, akin to the FZ25. Beyond the fairing, the bike is identical to the naked. As with the FZ25, Yamaha has skipped out on ABS for the Fazer25; the safety feature will be introduced at a later stage.

Source: Autocar

http://www.autocarindia.com/bike-new...28-lakh-405725

Last edited by Avinash_R : 21st August 2017 at 13:39. Reason: Added heading
Old 21st August 2017, 14:13   #35
BHPian

Wow! So they've actually reused as much components as feasible from the naked sibling. Although, I'm not a big fan of how the headlight looks on the Fazer.
Given the love for faired bikes in the country, this will do decent numbers though.

And I'm sure the ABS is being skipped for now to give it a mid-life bump in sales.
Old 21st August 2017, 16:04   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
Wow! So they've actually reused as much components as feasible from the naked sibling. Although, I'm not a big fan of how the headlight looks on the Fazer.
Given the love for faired bikes in the country, this will do decent numbers though.

And I'm sure the ABS is being skipped for now to give it a mid-life bump in sales.
Isn't ABS compulsory for all bikes above 150 CC after Mar 2018?

Edit: Just read that it is 2019, so it will chime with the mid life bump.

Last edited by AtheK : 21st August 2017 at 16:06.
Old 22nd August 2017, 11:42   #37
Senior - BHPian

Yamaha Fazer 25 launched at Rs. 1.29 lakh

Yamaha has launched the Fazer 25 - a faired version of the FZ25 naked bike. The Fazer 25 is priced at Rs. 1.29 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) which is Rs. 10,000 more than the FZ25.

Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.29 lakhs-pic-1.jpg

The Yamaha Fazer 25 gets a full-fairing up front and is available in 2 dual-tone colour schemes - Soulful Cyan and Rhythmic Red. It comes with an LED headlamp in the center flanked by faux vents and twin-LED auxiliary lights on either side. The bike features a stepped seat and windshield and is equipped with a digital instrument cluster which displays current and average fuel efficiency among other details.

Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.29 lakhs-fazer251.jpg

The Fazer 25 uses 41 mm telescopic front suspension with a link-less monocross setup at the rear. 282 mm front and 220 mm rear disc brakes have been provided however, it misses out on ABS. At 154 kg, the Fazer25 is 6 kg heavier than the FZ25.

Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.29 lakhs-fazer252.jpg

The Fazer 25 is mechanically identical to FZ25 and shares the engine, suspension, brakes, etc. with its naked version. The engine is a 249cc, single-cylinder engine with fuel-injection that puts out 20.6 BHP @ 8,000 rpm and 20 Nm @ 6,000 rpm paired with a 5-speed gearbox.
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 12:50   #38
BHPian

Re: Yamaha Fazer 25 launched at Rs. 1.29 lakh

Looks better than what we saw on the spy shots !

It will be good upgrade for those who are coming from Old fazer or Karizma with budget constraints

Wish it came with ABS and a 6th gear since it's meant for touring mostly

Last edited by Asish_VK : 22nd August 2017 at 12:52.
Old 22nd August 2017, 12:52   #39
Senior - BHPian

I am sure there will be a flood of posts now, pointing out the hideous and poorly integrated Headlamp/Fairing.

A look at Yamaha's earlier attempts below proves that Yamaha has done considerably worse!

Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.29 lakhs-yamahafazer125.jpg

Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.29 lakhs-yamaha_libero.jpg

Image courtesy: Motoroids
abhishek46 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 16:54   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
I am sure there will be a flood of posts now, pointing out the hideous and poorly integrated Headlamp/Fairing.
IMO, this bike looks interesting and aggressive with the current fairing. I find the usual fairings monotonous and boring
dheepak10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 20:26   #41
Senior - BHPian

Having owned the FZ25 for ~4 months and >2.5k clicks, I can vouch that this may ONLY find buyers who may not be able to extend their budget to true tourers.

The FZ25 is surely quick, but it feels horribly short geared while on the open road. I think Yamaha should have at least reworked a tiny bit on the Fazer 25 and improved/increased the performance over its naked sibling.
With the added weight and "Not So Cushioned" seats, I don't think Fazer 25 would turn out to be a good tourer on a longer run. Of course, a first ride report/review must give us a better picture.

The point I am trying to get at is that FZ25/Fazer 25 may appear to have intimidating performance at the first go, but a rider may reach the bike's full potential very soon into the ownership, and probably just get bored.

Already, I am considering moving onto a twin cylinder, or if fate/finance permits, a proper 4 cylinder monster!!
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 20:04   #42
BHPian

Re: Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.29 lakhs

Cancelled my plan to upgrade only due to the way it looks. I know 7 potential customers who were eager for Fazer 25, but have cancelled due to the style. Or lack of it.

I wish they had launched something like this. Took about 20 mins in Photoshop.
Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.29 lakhs-fzer1.jpg

Waiting for TVS to launch the Akula now!
Na_sh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 09:34   #43
Senior - BHPian

The Fazer25 details are now updated on Yamaha's website, four days after the launch of the bike.

http://www.yamaha-motor-india.com/mo...e-fazer25.html

Look at the picture below, the highlighted portion showing the mirror extensions exactly in line with the tip of handle bar. Will these provide sufficient rear visibility for a person like me with broad shoulders. I know proof of pudding lies in eating it, but would like to know the opinion of experts here.

Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.29 lakhs-mirrors.jpg

Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.29 lakhs-mirrors2.jpg

Although the features list makes a tall claim on "Wide Rear view Mirrors" as can be seen in the below picture, in real world will they we equivalent to highway cruisers?

Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.29 lakhs-mirrors3.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Having owned the FZ25 for ~4 months and >2.5k clicks, I can vouch that this may ONLY find buyers who may not be able to extend their budget to true tourers.

The FZ25 is surely quick, but it feels horribly short geared while on the open road. I think Yamaha should have at least reworked a tiny bit on the Fazer 25 and improved/increased the performance over its naked sibling.
With the added weight and "Not So Cushioned" seats, I don't think Fazer 25 would turn out to be a good tourer on a longer run. Of course, a first ride report/review must give us a better picture.

The point I am trying to get at is that FZ25/Fazer 25 may appear to have intimidating performance at the first go, but a rider may reach the bike's full potential very soon into the ownership, and probably just get bored.

Already, I am considering moving onto a twin cylinder, or if fate/finance permits, a proper 4 cylinder monster!!
Good observations there Vik0728. I know once the biking keeda bites you, you crave for more and I am sure you are heading in that direction. Hence a twin cylinder won't suffice you. The cons listed above are coming from an existing owner, and your words are worth in gold. However for a middle aged person like me, when the bike will be ridden mostly within the city or on the outskirts 80% of the time and only 20% of the time it will see the highway (that too for round trips not exceeding 200 kms), do you think the Fazer25 will be worth considering? Moreover I am a sedate rider (read no adrenaline rush), would never dare to go beyond 70 kmph within city & 90-100 kmph on highways, will Fazer25 fit the bill?

Last edited by AutoIndian : 25th August 2017 at 09:43.
Old 25th August 2017, 09:48   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Had warned you, if I remember correctly.

Wait it out and get the proper four cylinder now. For example, a Ninja 1000 costs just 3.5L more than the Versys 650 in road. At the current scenario, with the amount of stuff it gets - I would anyday recommend that i4 against a twin like the Versys.

Plus, a twin will always leave you longing for an i4 if you have that fascination already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
However for a middle aged person like me, when the bike will be ridden mostly within the city or on the outskirts 80% of the time and only 20% of the time it will see the highway (that too for round trips not exceeding 200 kms), do you think the Fazer25 will be worth considering?
Why not get the FZ25 itself, if you want a Yamaha? Though I would request you to please reconsider getting a bike with ABS instead.

It's everything this motorcycle is - but cheaper and infinitely better looking as well.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 25th August 2017 at 09:54.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 19:45   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
The Fazer25 details are now updated on Yamaha's website, four days after the launch of the bike.
The details were updated on 21st August by night. No manufacturer waits for 4 days !!! You were probably looking at the website 4 days late !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks