Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2017, 11:12   #1
BHPian

Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.29 lakhs

Yamaha Fazer 250 spotted testing. Sporting a half fairing and may get a twin headlamp LED setup. Mechanically the Fazer will be identical to the FZ25. Stated to be launched this festive season. Source
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.29 lakhs-2017yamahafazer250.jpg  

Torino is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 12:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing in India

After launching the FZ25 earlier this year, Yamaha seems to now be working on its faired sibling. A semi-faired motorcycle has recently been spotted testing, which appears to be based on the FZ25. The bike is expected to be called the Fazer 25 and will likely be launched by the end of this year.

The fuel tank and rear profile of the bike appears to be similar to that of the FZ25. The exhaust and rear tyre hugger also seem to be borrowed from the streetfighter. The front gets a semi-fairing, while the presence of higher-placed handlebars and a large windscreen points towards the fact that the bike will likely be tuned for touring needs.

The Fazer 25 is expected to be powered by the same 249 cc, single cylinder, air cooled fuel-injection engine that is found in the FZ25. Under the naked motorcycle, this engine develops 20.6 BHP @ 8,000 rpm and 20 Nm of peak torque at 6,000 rpm.

The Fazer 25 is also expected to feature LED headlamps, LCD instrumentation and disc brakes on both wheels. The bike will be equipped with telescopic forks at the front and monoshock at the rear.

Source: Northeast Biking Community

Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.29 lakhs-1.jpg

Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.29 lakhs-2.jpg

Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.29 lakhs-3.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 19th May 2017 at 13:04.
dZired is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 15:16   #3
BHPian

Re: Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing in India

Was waiting for this ever since FZ25 was launched. A perfect upgrade from my 150 which is still going strong even after 6.5 years and 80K Kilo meters.

The lower half of the fairing looks out of place. Hope that is just a dummy and it retains the half fairing synonymous with the Fazer brand. Even the windshield seems to be absent on the test bike.

And read somewhere that the headlight is a single unit unlike the current twin used in 150. Disappointment if yes.

Last edited by Na_sh : 19th May 2017 at 15:21.
Na_sh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 17:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yamaha Fazer 250 spotted testing

Looks handsome and easy on the eyes in the spy photos.

Only disappointment would be if ABS is not included.. But then even the R3 hasn't got it.

Old 19th May 2017, 18:51   #5
BHPian

Have seen these photos circulating via whats app. I do not think it is Yamaha testing at all. The biggest give away are the white plates. I am sure no manufacturer will test the bike with white plates. Red plates are what i have always seen on testing vehicles.

Moreover fazer has half fairing while this one is with full fairing. Given the fact that Yamaha has followed the same design cues as FZ 15 for FZ 25 , it is a very neat mod job IMO .

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 19th May 2017 at 18:56.
Old 20th May 2017, 16:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
do not think it is Yamaha testing at all. The biggest give away are the white plates. I am sure no manufacturer will test the bike with white plates. Red plates are what i have always seen on testing vehicles.
Don't be so sure. Have a look at the earlier spy shots of the Yamaha FZ25 test bike. Same riding gear, white plates, and may be same rider as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...1-20-lakh.html
Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.29 lakhs-yamahafz25spiedindialaunch12960x640.jpg

Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.29 lakhs-yamahafz25spiedindialaunch4962x640.jpg

Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.29 lakhs-yamahafz25spiedindialaunch10.jpg
Viju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2017, 17:03   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I really hope they do a proper fairing this time than the 150 Fazers - those looked horrible to me. If this is a good looking one, I might as well add this to my list, 5-gear & non ABS be damned. The FZ does look handsome. Hope the launch is not far away, with TVS aiming for a July launch for the Akula.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 07:21   #8
BHPian

Got this latest picture from xbhp (credits to the original photographer). It seems that they are using the same LED headlight unit from the FZ25 with the mediocre high beam. Bad for highway runs

Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.29 lakhs-20170608_0714.png

Those twin headlights defined the styling of the current 150. Waiting for more detailed pictures, especially from the front.
Old 8th June 2017, 07:37   #9
Team-BHP Support

Hope they really improve the quality of plastics as compared to the FZ25. With the amount of plastic on the front fairing, a similar quality fit and finish will make this prone to rattles right off the showroom floor!

The headlights are totally bad as well, but again - this would be targeted at the city crowd and not the tourers. ABS seems to have been given a miss too!

By the way, is that still an air cooled 250? With such a big fairing to mask the air flow!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 8th June 2017 at 08:02.
Old 8th June 2017, 10:06   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Hope they really improve the quality of plastics as compared to the FZ25. With the amount of plastic on the front fairing, a similar quality fit and finish will make this prone to rattles right off the showroom floor!

The headlights are totally bad as well, but again - this would be targeted at the city crowd and not the tourers. ABS seems to have been given a miss too!

By the way, is that still an air cooled 250? With such a big fairing to mask the air flow!
I don't think it's only air cooled. If you observe there are two hoses from the bottom front of the engine similar to P200/P220 . Maybe it is air + oil cooled since the engine has fins
Old 8th June 2017, 18:44   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I don't think it's only air cooled. If you observe there are two hoses from the bottom front of the engine similar to P200/P220 . Maybe it is air + oil cooled since the engine has fins
True. Its oil cooled! Similar setup as FZ25.
Old 8th June 2017, 18:46   #12
Team-BHP Support

Got the below pic via whatsapp, source mentioned in the pic may or may not be accurate. However, looks to have been shot in the same location as the earlier pics.

Looks like the love child of Ray Z with FZ250. Ugly!

Yamaha Fazer 25 spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.29 lakhs-img20170608wa0017.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 8th June 2017 at 19:00.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 20:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True. Its oil cooled! Similar setup as FZ25.
Guys, having owned FZ25 for over 3 months now, I can assure you all that the heat from the engine is only felt during extremely peak B2B runs. I have to give it to the Yamaha's engineers.

But remember, Yamaha FZ25 is really not an entirely "Oil Cooled" bike. This is predominantly an air cooled bike, where the cooling is further assisted by Oil flow.

Quote:

Looks like the love child of Ray Z with FZ250. Ugly!

Attachment 1646692
I "Almost" knew this all along bro, and considering the Competitive Pricing of the FZ25, this would still be a runaway success.

I don't know about what other extras may be on this bike, but I can vouch for the fact that this would be sheer LOOSER in the headlight department.

All LED Head Light may sound Funky...but it is anything by Functional!!
Old 27th June 2017, 18:04   #14
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Yamaha Fazer 25's India launch before festive season

If recent media reports are to be believed, the Yamaha Fazer 25 will launch in India before the festive season of this year. The Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer is yet to announce an official launch date of the Fazer 25 in India, though spy shots of the bike have already flooded the Internet.

Source: TOI
dZired is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 21:38   #15
BHPian

Quote:
With such a big fairing to mask the air flow!
As confirmed earlier, this one is an oil cooled engine.

But then, even a bike like the Gixxer SF carries a full fairing on an air cooled engine without any problem. And I reckon the FZ25 engine carries a comparable compression ratio. Also, contrary to popular belief, a well designed fairing diverts air flow towards the engine better than in a naked.

This is my understanding from the power to displacement ratio of the two engines. Please correct if my understanding is completely out of place.

Last edited by dreamseller : 27th June 2017 at 21:40. Reason: Typographical error

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks