Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2017, 14:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Triumph India wants to locally assemble 90% of its motorcycles by 2018

In order to expand its market share in the country's rapidly growing performance biking segment, Triumph Motorcycles is looking forward to boost its local assembly operations in India. This announcement was made by the company's Managing Director - Mr. Vimal Sumbly during the launch of the 2017 Street Triple S.

Triumph currently sells 16 motorcycles in India, which are distributed over 5 different categories. In the current scenario, only 20% of the models in its Indian portfolio are locally assembled at its Manesar plant. However, the company is planning to boost this figure and locally assemble 90% of its range by 2018.

Most of the products in Triumph's model range are currently imported as CBUs from the UK and Thailand. With local assembly, Triumph will look to price its products more competitively and thus, try to attract more of customers.

Triumph follows a June-May fiscal period. In the current fiscal, the manufacture expects around 200 units to be assembled locally. With the boost in local assembly operations from next fiscal, the company is targeting to increase this number to 1,200 units.

Source: ET Auto
dZired is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 15:38   #2
BHPian

Re: Triumph India wants to locally assemble 90% of its motorcycles by 2018

Do you know which of its products are CKD currently? and which ones do they plan to make CKD in the future?

Its a great step, which indicates that Triumph is getting good traction in the market. Good to know that they are here to stay! However, I am not sure if a product being CKD has any influence on the Prices of its spares/parts.
Old 16th June 2017, 21:56   #3
BHPian

Good move if they do. I'm really looking at the ST for now, but the fact that its priced at a hefty amount in India is definitely a buzzkill. If priced the same or close to the A3, I woulda put down my monies then and there.
Old 17th June 2017, 17:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

They arent going to pass on any benefits to the customer for sure. They are doing just fine with current prices i think.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks