Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2017, 02:44   #31
BHPian

Reading this, I am happy that I selected Luha Calicut, a dealer located 12km from my home, despite having a dealer within 2km. The reason was bad reputation of the latter dealerships.

It took only two days for them to deliver my bike after payment, which was actually due to the delay in temp. registration, since it was the last week of March and all the two wheeler dealers were flooding RTO for registration of BS3 bikes.

It is hard to find good dealership for RE these days. Yes, you can get the free services and warranty claims from any dealer as long as you don't void the warranty.
Old 3rd September 2017, 18:59   #32
BHPian

Re: Ownership Review: Royal Enfield Bullet 350 ES

I made a judgement call and it turned out wrong. The RE company store and Bullmenn Motors are both about the same distance from my place but Bullmenn is on my daily commute route. So I decided to go to them. I've heard about the unreliable RE ASS but I did not expect such bad service even before they sold the vehicle. Only after these issues came to the fore that I went and checked reviews on Google and Moutshut. These guys have extremely bad reviews. There are a few 5* reviews and they all seem to be written by the owner or his staff. Go figure!!!
green_ninja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 18:09   #33
BHPian

Update: The quoted 45days for delivery ended on Sep 8th and I did not receive any information from the dealer. Called RE CC on Sep 9th and filed a complaint. They were quite nice about it. An hour or so after the call to RE, the dealer's GM called and promised that he will deliver the bike as soon as he receives the next shipment. I received another call and email on Sep 11th from some lady at the dealership promising delivery in the next lot. They are saying that they will get it by this weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 12th September 2017, 23:56   #34
BHPian

So I hope that you will get your vehicle by this weekend. Enjoy the delivery. Post your delivery experience and of course some pictures!
Old 19th September 2017, 16:36   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider_7 View Post
So I hope that you will get your vehicle by this weekend. Enjoy the delivery. Post your delivery experience and of course some pictures!
If it was only that easy. The weekend came and went by but no response from the dealer. On my way to work yesterday, I saw a lot of new bikes being unloaded at the dealership. I called them this morning to check the status. The receptionist girl tells me she will call back in a few minutes with the status. About half an hour later another guy calls me and asks me if I was financing or paying cash. He cut the phone as soon as I told him I was paying cash. No other details provided.

I stopped at the showroom during lunch and asked them what happened. The girl who is in charge of deliveries tells me that the bike is in transit!!! I asked her what happened to the promise of delivering the bike by last weekend. She tells me that they will deliver it by this weekend. At this point I'm quite upset and I asked if they prefer customers who finance to those who pay cash because you get a bigger commission? I told her that I've already filed a complaint with RE. I'll just follow up on it and left the showroom.

Called RE again this afternoon and they said the complaint has been resolved. After explaining the situation they gave me their Area Sales Mgr.'s number and asked me to contact him. I called this person and explained the situation to him. He promised to check and call back in 30minutes but it has been a couple of hours since and no news from him yet.

I bought my first two wheeler in 1995 and I was only 17 then. Only time I had an adult accompany me to the dealership was when making the payment and taking delivery of the bike. I have bought and sold multiple cars and bikes since and I have never had such a bad experience shopping for an automobile like a RE. I hope the company takes note of the unethical practices at its dealers and pushes them to mend their ways.
Old 23rd September 2017, 16:52   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_ninja View Post
I have bought and sold multiple cars and bikes since and I have never had such a bad experience shopping for an automobile like a RE. I hope the company takes note of the unethical practices at its dealers and pushes them to mend their ways.
I don't know what to say. Very disappointing attitude by the dealer. Good thing that you shared this here, so that any person going to book the vehicle from this dealer would surely think twice.

Meanwhile, the third free service for my bullet completed today at luha automotive, Calicut. Odo was 4125 km, since the riding was less last months due to the rains. Service experience was good. I had booked for service two days back and I went there with my bullet a 7.45 AM. There were no issues to speak of, so they did the oil change and other basic stuffs as per the manual.

I waited in the lounge and was able to see the mechanic's work from there. Got the vehicle back by 11 AM. The service cost was ₹1055, for oil, filter and chain clean/lube. They had tightened the rear brake too much and I felt it immediately, on the way out. I changed it back to my settings on my way back. Did a ride for 15km today and bullet feels great.
Old 24th September 2017, 20:24   #37
BHPian

Good to know that you are enjoying your bike and there are no niggles. Wish you a trouble free future.

After a few more calls to the RE ASM and the GM of Bullmenn Motors I was finally allotted a bike on Thursday. I paid the balance of 1,32,508/- by DD on Thursday itself. They waited two days before the DD cleared and finally invoiced the bike on Saturday. I will buy insurance from United India tomorrow and give them insurance proof and Rs. 800/- for registration charges. The final amount came to 1,38,008/- plus the 800 for registration.

I hope there will be no more trouble but I met several other people in the last few days at this dealership and they all had similar stories to tell. Its unanimous that this particular dealer is the worst and one person even told me that they offered to get him a bike in a week if he paid Rs. 7000/- and they were willing to come down to 5000/-

Thank you very much for your inputs and giving a stage to vent my frustrations. I kind of hijacked your thread. I will try to put the whole ordeal in a review thread soon.
Old 25th September 2017, 08:55   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Good to know that you are enjoying your bike and there are no niggles. Wish you a trouble free future.
Thank you.

So finally you are getting your bike without spending any additional money. I hope that's a relief. Have a great D-DAY and post the pictures of your new acquisition here.
knightrider_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 09:17   #39
BHPian

Quote:
The service cost was ₹1055, for oil, filter and chain clean/lube.
Did not the service advisor insist on Wheel Truing? Here in Bangalore, they charged approx. Rs. 1500 for my 3rd service which included that, without which the bill would have been lesser than Rs. 1000. This is was in Jun '17.

Why can't they maintain standard rates & servicing job cards across all service stations?
Old 26th September 2017, 12:08   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you.

So finally you are getting your bike without spending any additional money. I hope that's a relief. Have a great D-DAY and post the pictures of your new acquisition here.
Thanks. I went and bought insurance from United India yesterday and gave all the documents for registration. IDV of 1,00,000 and nil dep. came to Rs.2350. I hope to get delivery of the bike tomorrow and hope things will be a bit smoother from here.

Went and bought a SS diamond crashbar by Zana International. Price Rs. 1260 at the local auto parts store. It looks the same as yours and Aditya's Electra. Does the bike come with holes on the frame near the engine mount for fitting crashbar or do you have to drill one? Also bought a headlight visor and a ladies handle. Only accessories planned for now. Other than this I'll probably get a seat cover and tank cover.
Old 27th September 2017, 13:57   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k88k View Post
Did not the service advisor insist on Wheel Truing?
No. They did only what was there in the manual for third service.

Quote:
IDV of 1,00,000 and nil dep. came to Rs.2350.

Does the bike come with holes on the frame near the engine mount for fitting crashbar or do you have to drill one?
I think IDV is too low for a new bike. You put almost 40% depreciation on your bike from the first day itself itself.

Regarding the holes, none were required to be drilled. See the engine view picture in my review. In the top a clamp is used and in the bottom holes are provided.
Old 28th September 2017, 16:09   #42
BHPian

Quote:
I think IDV is too low for a new bike. You put almost 40% depreciation on your bike from the first day itself itself.

Regarding the holes, none were required to be drilled. See the engine view picture in my review. In the top a clamp is used and in the bottom holes are provided.
I'm a pretty docile rider and we have good security in our apartment complex. So, I settled for a lower IDV.

The bike is still not registered. The dealership was stalling for the last two days and today they said that it will get registered next Wednesday as Pooja holidays start tomorrow I did not want to leave the bike with them that long. I took delivery of the bike today assuming any risk of taking an unregistered bike under the written assurance from them that they will get it registered by 04-10-17.

I used the PDI checklist and everything looked OK. The bike had 4km on the ODO and I rode it around a little bit. Now it has 16kms on the ODO.

Ownership Review: Royal Enfield Bullet 350 ES-cam01936.jpg

Ownership Review: Royal Enfield Bullet 350 ES-cam01938.jpg

Ownership Review: Royal Enfield Bullet 350 ES-cam01941.jpg

Ownership Review: Royal Enfield Bullet 350 ES-cam01942.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 29th September 2017 at 08:11. Reason: Blanking out address
green_ninja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 11:16   #43
BHPian

Congrats on your acquisition. The bullet looks great! Wish you many more miles on the saddle. Please create an ownership thread with all your booking and delivery experiences.
knightrider_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 15:28   #44
BHPian

Thank you for your wishes and thanks again for all your inputs. My ownership thread is live and available here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...v-electra.html
Old 29th September 2017, 15:43   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on your newest possesion. The Electra is one of my favourite RE's after the thunderbird and the Continental GT.

It's hardly surprising that the dealership experience was sub-par. Have heard a lot of horror stories on waiting periods and bike allotment issues, especially with tier 2 cities and below.

Do create a full fledged ownership report detailing the alternatives considered and the bike itself ofcourse.

BTW, the alignment of the amp meter seems to be off on your motorcycle? Is it just the camera angle or something else?
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks