Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2017, 12:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-poser-2.jpg

Why Vespa?
The plan to buy a Vespa had started ever since seeing them on launch. I had made up my mind that our next ride at home would be one of them. But I did not venture out for a TD of the vehicle as
(i) I did not have the need for a vehicle yet.
(ii) Work kept me busy .
(iii) Knowing that 90% of my purchases are impulsive I was keeping myself away.

I used to keep myself satisfied by looking at the threads here in TBHP. It became even more hard once aprilia SR 150 was launched last year by the same brand . I made up my mind to TD both vehicles to satisfy my curiosity but will not buy until absolutely necessary. Me and my wife TD'ed both the vehicles last year but in the end convinced myself that there was no need for it as my wife was using company transport to commute. It made no sense to buy a new vehicle and keep it idle.

But the itch never stops, does it!

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-vespaaa.jpg

Around April of this year she got into a new project in a location which was nearby to our home and she started using her Activa to commute. Now the Activa that she had since her college days was not cared properly at all and was always a problematic vehicle(Used to stop suddenly, no pickup, lot of rattling). This was a constant on the job sheet every time at the service center so much so that I believe SA would have readied his answer on seeing us at the workshop, "Sir we cannot pinpoint the exact issue but we will service it and check the battery. It will be fixed.” Got fed up with the same answer and got it checked with a local mechanic. He said some part in carburetor has burnt and it would cost close to 5000 rs for parts and 1000 towards labor for doing the work.

Since it was 11 years old and the upkeep also was not very good I did not want to put that much money on it and get it fixed. Now if the Activa was a newer model or if it was maintained properly I would have not made the decision to sell it (Or at least that's what I tell myself . )

Old neglected workhorse:

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-old-workhorse.jpg

With my wife’s birthday that was coming up, I thought of going ahead and purchasing a Vespa giving her a surprise. But since the vehicle would be her daily commute I didn't want to take a chance and buy something which she does not like (and hear it from her all my entire life!! Now no one can afford that risk right.).

We sat down together and came up with the choices (mentioned below along with why it was selected/rejected for TD) No offense to anyone. All are personal views.

Honda :

1. Activa - Rejected as both of us didn't want to buy the same vehicle again.
2. Dio - My sis-in-law has this and somehow I did not like the styling. And I wanted some exclusivity as well.

Hero : Didn't even make it as a choice as I was always somehow against the brand except for the first version CBZ.

Yamaha :
1. Ray-Z : We didn't know anything about this vehicle except seeing them on road. Had heard good things about the vehicle and wanted to check it.
2. Fascino : Since already had plans to check Ray-Z thought of checking this as well.

TVS & Suzuki :

Rejected as the models look very similar to Activa.

Vespa :
1. VXL/SXL 150 : We were sure to look for 150 cc variant only but was not sure about model.

Aprilia :
1. SR150 : We were impressed about its pickup and the radical styling during our TD earlier. So wanted to recheck again. We both were sure about not wanting the race edition.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 31st July 2017 at 13:47. Reason: Correcting image orientation
TorqueyTechie is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 13:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150

We decided to visit and TD Vespa /Aprilia first and then go to Yamaha showroom as we had already TD'ed Vespa vehicles before. So on a Saturday afternoon off we went to Vespa showroom. We had to visit almost all the Vespa showrooms and I have detailed the reasons below.

1. Navin Associates, Koramangala : This was the first showroom we went to. The sales lady (forgot her name) explained the features of both Vespa and Aprilia. We then mentioned that we wanted a TD. We informed her that we are looking to buy 150cc variant in vespa and want to TD only that not the 125 cc one. She went to arrange for vehicle and after sometime came back saying it was ready.

When we went to take the TD, I was shocked to see that they were offering me a customer’s vehicle for TD. I asked them and they told this is how they do the TD as they cannot have a separate TD vehicle for all variants. I did not want to do TD on a customer vehicle and went inside looking out for the showroom MD to talk to but he was super busy on a call. So in the end I walked off from that showroom.

2. Square Auto located near Urvashi theater: Here it was better. They gave the TD vehicle for aprilia and asked us to go for the TD while they will check for vespa TD vehicle. When we came back from the ride, they said that they do not have the TD vehicle for vespa as the one they had was sent for service. So we had to look for a different dealer.

3. Falcon Mobikes : Quick check on google showed me this dealer located near BSK 3rd stage. Called and confirmed if the showroom was open and then started to that place. The SA, Shivu explained all the features of both makes and then gave us the keys for both Vespa & Aprilia vehicles for TD. We had a fairly long TD of both vehicles and returned.

My wife was happy riding Aprilia a bit more than Vespa as it was slightly faster and also riding was good but she was sold on the looks and riding ability of Vespa. Got the complete price details of both vehicles including accessories, finance option and promising them to confirm by evening we started back from the showroom.

While on our way back saw Yamaha showroom and stopped there. But my wife I think was sold on Vespa already as seeing the Ray Z parked outside she mentioned that she didn't want it. In the end since there was no other shortlisted option and sensing that she was sure about Vespa, we went back to the Vespa showroom to pay the booking amount.

But what color to choose was the dilemma. Since we were sure about 150 cc variant, choice was between VXLand SXL. She did not like the round headlights and so it was to be SXL. Matt black was rejected for well being Black (duh)!

Left was Matt Red and White. I then noticed a blue color Vespa but it was available only in 125cc variant.

Pic taken from google. Doesn't the blue look awesome?

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-matt-red-vs-blue.jpg

I gave my brain some rest (not that it requires any but still :P) and let my wife only to choose as it was to be her vehicle. After some 15 minutes she came back and she said she is confused. SA in the meanwhile told us there was only 2 Matt red available and if it gets sold than the next lot would come only in next month. When we were discussing, one lady came and paid advance for matt red and delivery within a week.

Since he told that he had multiple white color variant, I asked him to book the matt red for now but will confirm in a day. And we came back home. My wife within 30 mins confirmed that she wanted Matt red itself so I called him back and confirmed him on the color. I checked with him regarding the remaining amount and he confirmed that I can pay it by next weekend.

But Kahaani abhi baaki hain !!

I had thought that since the booking is done I will rest easy for 3-4 days arranging my finances and pay the rest of the amount. But imagine my surprise when I called them up on Thursday to check if I can do online transfer and the SA told me that they had to send both the Matt red models back because of some paint chip. This irked me no end and I gave them a piece of my mind as they should have at least informed me. Anyways I went to the showroom on Saturday to check what can be done. They mentioned that there is no matt red available in any of the showrooms across Bangalore but I did know that Navin associates had(I had confirmed with them) and told the same. They mentioned that Navin associates were saying that they do not have any in-spite of them asking multiple times. Now I did not have any other option but to return to Navin associates and book the vehicle as my wife wanted that color only. Told the SA to check with their manager how they can return me the booking deposit and off I went back to Navin associates.

I was greeted by another lady, Manjula . She confirmed that they have 3 Matt red vespa available and said any one of them would be provided to us. Quickly checked the vehicles for any issues and paid the booking amount after getting confirmation about the delivery date. Also since I had read in TBHP ( thanks to hemanth.anand for his suggestions/pointers) and other forums that the warranty and service counter starts from their invoicing date, I asked them not to invoice it until the delivery day for which they agreed.

Also I spoke to her for getting our Activa sold. She called up some second hand dealer and later confirmed to me saying to come along with the vehicle on delivery day and hand over the vehicle along with documents to her.

Dealership experience : Overall I would rate it as 2 on a scale of 5. None of the dealers provide proper information, no follow ups/sharing information from their side. And now making me run around for getting my booking amount back. More on that later.

On Road Price :

Variant : Matt red sxl 150 cc. This being their top of the line model comes with all accessories (all round guard,front fender guard, front visor, hand rail, color matching helmet). SA mentioned that they will add foot mat from their side as well as provide high security number plate. Apart from this I asked them for extra seat cover and vehicle cover. Total on road price came up-to Rs. 1,20,000.

Booking amount paid was Rs. 50000. Paid the remaining amount after a week on my way back from office and confirmed that the invoicing would be on delivery date.

Now the D-Day being a weekday and both of us working in different locations, we left early from our respective offices and reached the showroom by 5 pm. The vehicle was ready and was bought downstairs from their inventory floor(first floor).

First Look :

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-ready-showroom.jpg

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-b-ready-showroom-2.jpg

Did a complete PDI and was almost about to say yes when I noticed that there was a small chip on the right side of the handle just below the mirror. They took the vehicle to the service bay saying will get it removed through polishing which I knew wont work. Meanwhile one the person there was saying that it all happens and one shouldn't make a fuss out of it. It was after all a small chip. I had to give him a piece of my mind in the end to shut up. Honestly I believe Vespa brand is getting hard done by these dealerships. They all are pathetic especially in Bangalore.

Meanwhile at the service center they tried polishing and removing the chip for 15 mins and when it didn't work, they agreed to change the handle unit with another one out of their stock. It took another 30 mins for them to do it and finally the vehicle was ready. I just hope they don't sell that vehicle off to some unsuspecting folks.

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-c-ready-showroom-3.jpg

Delivery Experience : Was not very great at all that we did not even bother to give the SA a token gift which we had purchased. First of all , it being the my wife's birthday and inspite of they knowing it not even bothered to wish her. Vehicle was not even properly handed over. We were asked us to wait outside and the vehicle was brought out.

We were given all the documents (Service booklet explaining the service intervals, LTT receipt and the final invoice copy). Was also explained about the different buttons on the scooter and also how to adjust clock and viewing different modes in the ODO. Was informed that petrol would be just enough for it to reach the nearby petrol bunk! They were at their miserly best! Forget about being asked, we were not given a glass of water when asked also.

Finally when we were about to start, I went inside to handover the Activa keys, the SA refused to take it as the second hand dealer is not there and she cannot keep it inside their showroom or service center. I was so much surprised that I didn't even know what to say. I just let the Activa parked in front of the dealership, asked my wife to ride the new vehicle and I followed her in my bike. Tanked up the vehicle and went back home to park my bike. After that went to temple to get the blessings of God.

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-pooja-done.jpg

Since it was my wife's birthday we went from there to the hotel that we had reserved, had a sumptuous Rajasthani meal and after that went all the way the dealership and retrieved the Activa and returned home.

Parked next to my pulsar.
Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-parked-home.jpg

New addition to my stable parked next to my pulsar with my Palio in the background.

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-parked-next-my-03-pulsar.jpg

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 31st July 2017 at 13:46.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 13:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

Its been a month that we got the vehicle home and its been the daily ride of my wife. Vehicle starts on the first crank itself which was not the case with Activa. Route taken by my wife is mostly high traffic area but while returning its relatively sparse. She is really happy at both times with the vehicle. Though the chassis is made of metal, its not very heavy and can be easily maneuvered.

I have ridden the vehicle myself for close to 40-50 kms and I really like the smooth, linear power delivery. Compiled below are our(me and wife) likes/dislikes.

1. Ride : Being a new vehicle we have not ridden it beyond 60 kmph. But from initial observation I feel that one can ride for long distances without any strain on the engine. Initial pickup is just awesome and beats most of the other scooters (except probably SR 150.) Exhaust note is good and not very loud. Once, due to habit my wife wringed the throttle a bit hard and me being pillion & caught unaware was almost thrown back. I managed to hold onto the grab handle and steady myself. It shoots off like a rocket from standstill.

2. Suspension : Here I may be biased as I have not driven any other scooters much. My opinion is solely based on my riding experience on my pulsar, Aprilia, Activa, Dio and Scooty. Vespa beats them all down. You still need to drive slowly on some of the big potholes but otherwise the ride is not bone jarring which was the case with our earlier Activa.

3. Looks : No need to tell anything more on this. Photoesque model and stands apart. See my pulsar ogling at her.

Mutual Admiration

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-pulsar-aint-she-looker.jpg

4. Brakes : Vespa comes with disc brake at the front and drum brake at the rear. We both felt that the brakes are adequate. I once had to panic brake on an incline and the scooter stopped without any drama.

5. Mileage : We have not been able to test this properly yet. Right now I believe it to be somewhere around 30-35 kmpl. I believe it may increase after the first service.

6. Lights : Headlights are much better than activa and able to see the road ahead clearly is what my wife says. There is an option to upgrade to LED by the company itself but both of us were 100% sure of not having white lights on our rides as no matter how much the alignment is proper the oncoming riders still suffer. So we did not opt for it. The cost is 3500 rs I believe.

7. Alloys : Blackened five spoke alloys looks cool.

Below pic taken from google.
Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-vespa-sxl-150-web-review-3.jpg

8. Paint quality is very good. Liked the finish provided . Just little scared about getting any scratches on the vehicle as it shows up clearly and also would be heavy on the pocket to get it fixed.

9. Mirrors are good and provide clear picture of what is happening at the back. Only problem is that it vibrates little at speeds > 60kmph.

Dislikes :

1. I somehow didn't like the two small pockets provided in the front. There is nothing that one can keep their. Waste of space. Could have instead provided a small storage space like the VXL variant to keep the vehicle documents.

Unusable front pockets. Also notice the front hook(for those grocery shop runs) :
Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-unusable-pockets.jpg

2. The foot-pegs for the pillion is left uncovered. I feel it sticks out and could have been provided with a rubber covering. Just my personal preference.

3. They should provided the cover on the exposed screws of the grab handle for this top of the line model.

Below two points are general dislikes and nothing to do with the vehicle itself.

4. They should have provided with a full face helmet rather than the open face one. Not very safe IMO.

5. Though I had asked for vespa body cover they provided an aprilia cover saying that vespa does not provide one. This body cover serves the purpose but the fitting is loose. I bought this mainly to cover the seat from angry cats.

I have taken zero depreciation insurance. I got the number plate after a week and RC card in 3 weeks. Was thinking that the RC card would take more time but was surprised to get it sooner. Can I keep a copy of that instead of the original in the vehicle?

At the time of writing this, the total kms run stands at 360 kms. Though we are not particular about the mileage but just a rough estimate is around 30 kmpl. Will monitor after first service and check.

First service was completed on 29th. I was sure of not giving the vehicle for service at the koramangala center so called up the BSK 3rd stage service center and got confirmation that I can drop in on saturday. Went there at 9 AM and gave the vehicle. Was promised that it will be delivered by the same day evening. Some of the issues/add-ons which I mentioned were :
1. Visor was not fixed properly when they had changed the handle piece before delivery. It vibrates slightly when ridden beyond 40 kmph. Needs to be corrected.
2. Turn indicator beeper (I don't know what to call it) : My wife needed this and asked him to install it.
3. As mentioned earlier pillion grab handle has two nuts sticking out. Had seen a vespa branded cover for that which was not available during delivery of the vehicle. This the service person mentioned that there is no stock.

Exposed Screw head on the grab handle.

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-exposed-screw-heads.jpg

4. The pillion foot rest used to come loose whenever the vehicle is ridden. Asked them to fix this.
5. Also wanted to get the extended warranty.

Evening around 4:30 I got a call as well as a message saying that the vehicle was ready for delivery. I went to their service center and checked the vehicle. All the issues/add-ons were completed except point no 4. Also there was a paint smudge (green color) on the same. When asked they said they will get the issue resolved next time but regarding paint smudge said it must have been because of being parked close to some other vehicle. Also they mentioned that since it was weekend and no of vehicles were high, it happens. I somehow controlled myself at shouting at them and asked them to get it fixed. When they were doing it I went around couple of green vespas parked and checked but I couldn't notice in that dim light if those vehicles were damaged. I seriously don't understand why the people wont treat the vehicles properly.

Spotted this rating chart at the service center. Seriously stupid way to get ratings.
Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-img_5735.jpg

Labour charge sheet:

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-img_5736.jpg

Also as I had mentioned in my earlier post regarding paying the booking amount at this dealership initially, I went to check with them regarding the refund as I had to buy from a different dealer in the end. The SA who had taken my booking was not present so I spoke with the senior SA and was surprised when he said that they will deduct 500 rs and refund the rest. This when it was not me who had to cancel the booking. I had to restrain myself from arguing and said I will speak to his boss when he comes back on tuesday and returned.

In all these fights/arguments, I forgot to ask them about extended warranty. I should do this during the next service.

Now to answer the question on people's mind. Is the vehicle worth the price tag? Most of them are shocked hearing the price(including my parents) but everytime you are riding it you will forget everything else and enjoy it. To be honest keep aside the nostalgia associated with the brand and the unique design, its not worth the price tag. But hey not everyday you buy things that makes you happy. I do have another pricey Italian in my stable (Link here : Pre Owned Palio Stile 1.6) and the sheer pleasure I get when I drive it on open roads is something which cannot be explained in words.

Some things are bought for reasons beyond your mundane and this surely was one. As was the case when I purchased my first gen pulsar way back in 2002 even though we(me and dad) had went in to buy Caliber. As also that one cannot live after saying no to your wife's wish as her birthday gift!

That's all folks for now. I will keep posting on this thread with regular updates. Till then will end this review with few pics.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 31st July 2017 at 13:33.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 14:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

Some parting pics :

Front look :

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-front-look.jpg

Side View :

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-side-view.jpg

Display Console :

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-display-console.jpg

Display console when lit (Ignore the low fuel warning light):

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-odometer.jpg

Button to set/change clock, modes :

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-button-change-display-modes.jpg

Trip meter - A :

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-trip-meter-.jpg

Trip Meter - B :

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-trip-meter-b.jpg

Seat Cover :

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-branded-seat-cover.jpg

Random Clicks :

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-poser.jpg

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-random.jpg

Apologies for the crappy pics. This vehicle deserves better. But I am a novice in taking pics and managed these with my phone. I have planned to take it on the Nice road on a weekend. Will manage to get some better shots hopefully.

Thanks all for reading!

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 31st July 2017 at 13:34. Reason: Correcting image orientation
TorqueyTechie is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 08:51   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the 2-wheeler Section. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 09:47   #6
BANNED

Wow! Congratulations on the purchase! 1.2L on-road is really something and I hope you get the best out of the motorcycle.

I’m especially glad that some thought has been put into the clock as the clock present in the first square headlight model was outright pathetic as the display stayed on in spite of the ignition being turned off.

A few pictures of the under seat storage area would’ve been nice.

As for helmet, no offense but the one you’re using is a pathetic excuse for one. It would be wise to invest in a full face SHARP rated helmet if safety is a matter of concern, a decent offering starts at about 4K(3 start SHARP rated) and goes up to 7K(5 star SHARP rated) for a purpose built offering. Coincidentally I just gave off a Studds ISI rated helmet which was offered along with my CT100B as I have absolutely no faith in Indian safety standards.
ashwinprakas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 11:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Mods for approving and moving the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Wow! Congratulations on the purchase! 1.2L on-road is really something and I hope you get the best out of the motorcycle.

I’m especially glad that some thought has been put into the clock as the clock present in the first square headlight model was outright pathetic as the display stayed on in spite of the ignition being turned off.

A few pictures of the under seat storage area would’ve been nice.
Thanks ashwinprakas. Yeah the price is higher but I always knew what I was getting into! Hopefully I will have a long trouble free experience with this vehicle. I had seen the earlier model's odometer and frankly I like the current version. I was not aware of the clock being always on in the older one. Wouldn't that be draining the battery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
As for helmet, no offense but the one you’re using is a pathetic excuse for one. It would be wise to invest in a full face SHARP rated helmet if safety is a matter of concern, a decent offering starts at about 4K(3 start SHARP rated) and goes up to 7K(5 star SHARP rated) for a purpose built offering. Coincidentally I just gave off a Studds ISI rated helmet which was offered along with my CT100B as I have absolutely no faith in Indian safety standards.
I know about the quality of the helmet that they have provided and that is not being used now. It was used by my wife for a week and then she is back to her old full face vega helmet.
Old 2nd August 2017, 11:24   #8
BHPian

Congrats for the new ride. The matt red looks great. I have the same model in white. I have been exclusively using it on the highways and it can cruise at 100 (speedo indicated) all day.

Regarding the exposed screws of the rear grab handle, it is not exposed in mine. I have the same type of grab handle, but the screws are covered using a vespa branded metal piece.

EDIT: Can you please tell me the brand of your tyres? Looks like the tread pattern in my scooter is different. The tyre in my scooter is Maxxis btw.

Last edited by deerhunter : 2nd August 2017 at 11:30.
deerhunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 12:25   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats mate!

1.2 lakhs for a 150cc scooter! i thought vespas were 70-80ish on the road. Quite expensive i would say!

Anyhow if it makes you happy, money is nothing! Have an enjoyable and safe ownership. This particular colour looks so classy.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 12:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the purchase. Despite the big price tag, Vespas are totally worth it. You will be pleasantly surprised with the cost of servicing.

Regarding your RC book query, you must have the original with you. What I do is, I keep a photocopy in the vehicle and keep the originals in a bag I usually carry. Since the vehicle will be used by your wife primarily, she can keep the originals in her person. Another option is to keep a digitally signed copy of the RC book on your phone - available through digilocker. You can even have your license, Aadhaar card and some other govt. issued documents in digital form.

Also, can you share some more details about the LED headlamp upgrade costing Rs 3,500 ? I currently have an LED projector lamp in my LX 125 and looking for an upgrade.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 13:09   #11
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase mate. Wishing you and your better half lots of happy miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post

When we went to take the TD, I was shocked to see that they were offering me a customer’s vehicle for TD. I asked them and they told this is how they do the TD as they cannot have a separate TD vehicle for all variants. I did not want to do TD on a customer vehicle and went inside looking out for the showroom MD to talk to but he was super busy on a call. So in the end I walked off from that showroom.
That's a great gesture mate! A true gentleman/woman thing you guys did

So sad dealers are doing this without customer's knowledge. I honestly have no clue how this can be stopped. As long as there are people who are ready to drive other's vehicle without any consideration, dealers will continue to do this.I once had a little chat with one guy in our forum who did drive a car which was slated for delivery for someone else. His defense was that he was very careful with the car
RaghuVis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 14:11   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter View Post
Congrats for the new ride. The matt red looks great. I have the same model in white. I have been exclusively using it on the highways and it can cruise at 100 (speedo indicated) all day.

Regarding the exposed screws of the rear grab handle, it is not exposed in mine. I have the same type of grab handle, but the screws are covered using a vespa branded metal piece.

EDIT: Can you please tell me the brand of your tyres? Looks like the tread pattern in my scooter is different. The tyre in my scooter is Maxxis btw.
Oh thats nice! I was considering white for a while as the red color was not available anywhere. In the end managed to get the red one. regarding the exposed screws, yes I know about that vespa branded one but none of the dealers have it on them. Should be available after aug 2nd week is that they said.

I will confirm to you on the tire make today evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Congrats mate!

1.2 lakhs for a 150cc scooter! i thought vespas were 70-80ish on the road. Quite expensive i would say!

Anyhow if it makes you happy, money is nothing! Have an enjoyable and safe ownership. This particular colour looks so classy.
Believe me when I say that I have got more expression than expression for the purchase after mentioning the price! Nothing beats the smile after riding it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Congrats on the purchase. Despite the big price tag, Vespas are totally worth it. You will be pleasantly surprised with the cost of servicing.

Regarding your RC book query, you must have the original with you. What I do is, I keep a photocopy in the vehicle and keep the originals in a bag I usually carry. Since the vehicle will be used by your wife primarily, she can keep the originals in her person. Another option is to keep a digitally signed copy of the RC book on your phone - available through digilocker. You can even have your license, Aadhaar card and some other govt. issued documents in digital form.

Also, can you share some more details about the LED headlamp upgrade costing Rs 3,500 ? I currently have an LED projector lamp in my LX 125 and looking for an upgrade.
Yep, I have done the digi locker thing. But still I have asked my wife to carry it on her person. There is copy in the vehicle as of now. But I sometimes forget the original when I drive the vehicle without her.

I am not aware of the details regarding the LED headlamp as I just heard it from the dealer and saw it on their display model. Will get more details the next time I am there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Congrats on the purchase mate. Wishing you and your better half lots of happy miles.

That's a great gesture mate! A true gentleman/woman thing you guys did

So sad dealers are doing this without customer's knowledge. I honestly have no clue how this can be stopped. As long as there are people who are ready to drive other's vehicle without any consideration, dealers will continue to do this.I once had a little chat with one guy in our forum who did drive a car which was slated for delivery for someone else. His defense was that he was very careful with the car
Yes I was so much surprised to see that they use the customer vehicle blatantly. Poor unsuspecting customers. That's why I am always skeptical to give the car for service at the same location where they have the dealership.
Alas, there is no other choice for 2 wheelers at least.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 17:00   #13
BHPian

Congratulations for your Italian Beauty !

That color, B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L

Have a great time and a fantastic ownership

OT: Wondering if you have any info on the VX model (The first vespa launched in India - The round headlight model ). Are those available with dealers ?
I tried calling many dealers, they said VX models are discontinued and not available. But the Vespa website has them. Did you see any VX on the showroom ?
Asish_VK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 17:39   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
Congratulations for your Italian Beauty !

That color, B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L

Have a great time and a fantastic ownership

OT: Wondering if you have any info on the VX model (The first vespa launched in India - The round headlight model ). Are those available with dealers ?
I tried calling many dealers, they said VX models are discontinued and not available. But the Vespa website has them. Did you see any VX on the showroom ?
There are two variants now. Its called VXL (round headlight variant) and SXL (Square headlight variant). Both comes in 125cc and 150 cc. But the color varies. You can check with the dealer mentioning vxl variant.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 18:09   #15
BHPian

Congrats TorqueyTechie on your acquisition. The scooter looks wonderful in the matt red shade.

However, a couple of sore points- It misses out on tacho, projector lamps, LED tail lamps and a charging point. For this price point, i think these features should be expected. I really can not bring myself to call this a VFM product, may be the style quotient makes up for it all.

Happy mile munching on the beauty though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Congrats mate!

Sir, i'm pretty sure that this vespa model will make your jaw drop to the floor in that case.

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-capture2.jpg

P.S. It is on sale in India.

Last edited by LordSharan : 2nd August 2017 at 18:12.
LordSharan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks