Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2018, 13:40   #61
BHPian

Re: Midnight - My Aprilia SR 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinVirage View Post
Hi! I would be joining the SR Club soon. So have you considered the Phillips Rallye HS1 45W bulb for the headlight upgrade. I was thinking about the same? Any reviews? Will it be a problem on the battery?
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
10 additional watts will not put undue load on the battery or the reflector, however the issue with the SR's headlight is not the brightness of the bulb but the positioning and focus of the headlight unit as such.

The bulb upgrade will improve things, but only slightly.
I had picked up my Aprilia SR150 in Nov 2016, and my biggest disappointment was the poor headlamps!

On the very next day of purchase, i upgraded both OEM bulbs with Philips Xtreme Vision 55/60w bulbs and have been happy ever since. The difference these made is huge; both in terms of intensity as well as reach. Have faced no issues at all like battery drainage, over heating, blackening of reflector, burning of wires, etc, and the upgrade has been working perfectly for over one year now! Highly recommended

One CAUTION though: Never use the Hi Beam 'flasher' when your headlights (low beams) are on. Doing this turns on both bulbs and together they will draw around 120watts and will result in the fuse blowing out.

This happened to me once, and was a five min job to open up the battery cover and replace the fuse. The fuse itself costs just Rupees 10 and is readily available in most automobile spares shop. Since then, I've always carried a couple of spare fuses in my tool kit. Never used the flasher again while low beams were on and this never happened again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
It seems that the initial batches of the SR150 had some problem with the rear alloy, which causes the driveshaft bearings to wear out very quickly, and that is the reason for the infamous 'clicking' noise which plagued earlier SR150s. Now I didn't have that issue yet, but they said it was only a matter of time, and so they decided to go the whole hog and get that replaced as well.
I've been facing the same issue for last 3months and the local service centre has promised to change the alloy wheels. But on both occasions, they have received the RED COLOR alloys, whereas my bike has black ones.

Last edited by vikash49 : 5th January 2018 at 13:45.
vikash49 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 17:58   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is a classic case of Hard Compound tyre getting dented just like sheet metal does. This worries me for my SR150 has Veerubber, which I have been not happy with.
When will alternate tyre brands come up for SR150?
Old 16th March 2018, 10:26   #63
BHPian

My Oct 2016 model has given me the first major issue yesterday. I usually kill the engine at signals. Yesterday did the same, but the engine wouldn't start with power start. Had to kick start it. Same thing happened today morning. Any issues with the starter motor?
Old 16th March 2018, 11:55   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Any issues with the starter motor?
When you pressed the starter button, did the motor turn on? Could you hear/feel it trying to turn the engine on?
Old 16th March 2018, 15:51   #65
BHPian

Quote:
When you pressed the starter button, did the motor turn on? Could you hear/feel it trying to turn the engine on?
Forgot to mention, the motor doesn't turn on neither does the headlights. I guess its a battery problem. Right?
Old 16th March 2018, 16:18   #66
BANNED

Quote:
I guess its a battery problem. Right?
Yes, but it could also be a fuse issue, if the other lights and horn work.
Old 17th March 2018, 10:24   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Forgot to mention, the motor doesn't turn on neither does the headlights. I guess its a battery problem. Right?
Most probably a battery issue, yes. The battery is covered by the warranty, I think. Take it to the ASS and let them take a look at it.
Old 17th March 2018, 10:48   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, but it could also be a fuse issue, if the other lights and horn work.

Quote:
Most probably a battery issue, yes. The battery is covered by the warranty, I think. Take it to the ASS and let them take a look at it.
Took it to SVC today. The battery was dead. Replaced with a new one. But it was out of warranty so had to pay. Don't know how it died within 1.5 years. My other scooter Wego bought in 2010 ran for 6 years on the OE battery and that too without regular maintenance. Replaced the battery in 2017.
Old 17th March 2018, 11:28   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Took it to SVC today. The battery was dead. Replaced with a new one. But it was out of warranty so had to pay. Don't know how it died within 1.5 years. My other scooter Wego bought in 2010 ran for 6 years on the OE battery and that too without regular maintenance. Replaced the battery in 2017.
Rajvir few days back I was at Aprilia Service centre and asked about the things covered in warranty and the advisor informed me that the battery comes under warranty. Why dont you call costomer care and cross check?
Old 17th March 2018, 12:00   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib Khan View Post
Rajvir few days back I was at Aprilia Service centre and asked about the things covered in warranty and the advisor informed me that the battery comes under warranty. Why dont you call costomer care and cross check?
I checked the service booklet and it mentions battery not under Aprilia warranty. It is covered under the relevant manufacturer warranty. The battery has a one year warranty.
Old 29th March 2018, 20:04   #71
BHPian

Midnight - My Aprilia SR 150-20180123_08211101.jpeg

Its been a while since the last update, but then there wasn't all that much to update, so erm, yeah.

Midnight is now over a year old, if you can believe it. How time flies! The odo currently stands at a shade over 9000kms. The 6th service was done a week ago, but then it was just a general inspection and nothing was replaced, so I'm not going to put up a detailed report.

Midnight - My Aprilia SR 150-20180126_07354801.jpeg

Midnight's chugging along well. We've been on a couple of short road trips, but I didn't take any pictures. It was just the two of us enjoying the ride. I'll write a more detailed long term report sometime soon. Until then, take care everyone!
Speed.Demon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 13:04   #72
BHPian

I did the 50/65 upgrade on sunday and the reflector melting away, noticed it this morning.
Old 9th November 2018, 17:27   #73
BHPian

10k update!

It's been a while, but Midnight and I are finally out and about again. Hit the highway and clicked on to this milestone number on the odo.

Midnight - My Aprilia SR 150-20181003_104149.jpg

Why did it take so long to hit the 10k? Well, because Midnight was more or less grounded for the past couple of months or so. No, it wasn't because I was busy or anything, it was because my poor scooter was one among the many thousands ruined by the floods that ravaged Kerala.

It was quite the scary few days I can tell you. The rains never stopped and the water started rushing into our neighbourhood. I moved Midnight to another neighbour's place whose house was more elevated than mine, and started packing. When the water was nearly knee deep at my home, I called it quits and drove off in my car.

That evening though, I got the call: my neighbour's house was fully flooded, which meant Midnight was more or less fully submerged.

Even when I got back home once the floods had subsided, I simply couldn't attend to Midnight's needs. He was still at my neighbour's, while I got on with the task of making my house habitable again. It was nearly 2 whole weeks before I could take him to the service centre for repair.

Midnight - My Aprilia SR 150-20180829_125921.jpg

Here we can observe how the mama Piaggio carefully carries her baby :P

I claimed insurance for the job, and was told that it would be atleast a month before the work would be finished. But parts were in short supply (other than the usual oils and filters) so it was nearly 1.5 months before he was delivered. The total damage? A mere ₹250/-. You gotta love cashless insurance!

But on the whole, I'm really not happy at all with the way Jey Motors handled the whole thing. It was the lack of the rear wheel bearing which delayed the whole thing. 3 weeks to get a part delivered? Seriously Piaggio?

Now that he's back, the both of us hit the road almost immediately. There are a few rattles here and there, which I intend on fixing soon.

Winter is approaching, which means misty mornings and lovely cool weather for breakfast rides. Many of the best riding roads have been ravaged by the floods, but the authorities seem to be on their feet and are actively fixing them up.

My little champ has been through a lot recently, but he's still up for a spin whenever I ask for it. Bravo!

Midnight - My Aprilia SR 150-20180126_072631011.jpg

I just love a crisp and cool morning ride.
Speed.Demon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th November 2018, 15:30   #74
Senior - BHPian

Re: 10k update!

Quote:
When the water was nearly knee deep at my home, I called it quits and drove off in my car. That evening though, I got the call: my neighbour's house was fully flooded, which meant Midnight was more or less fully submerged.
First of all feeling very happy for you that you and your family were safe given the horrendous floods that hit Kerala this monsoon.
Quote:
Here we can observe how the mama Piaggio carefully carries her baby :P
Loved this picture and your comment, mama-baby combo

Quote:
I claimed insurance for the job. The total damage? A mere ₹250/-. You gotta love cashless insurance!
Vow that's unbelievable . Could you please share what was the total damage?
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2018, 16:08   #75
BHPian

Re: 10k update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
First of all feeling very happy for you that you and your family were safe given the horrendous floods that hit Kerala this monsoon.
Thank you. The floods affected nearly everyone in one way or the other. There will be others with some truly marvellous stories to tell.

Quote:
Loved this picture and your comment, mama-baby combo

Quote:
Vow that's unbelievable . Could you please share what was the total damage?
Don't remember the exact amount, but it was close to 5k in all. Yes, ₹5000/-. Trust the service centres to use every opportunity to make handsome profits.

They changed all the oils and filters, the spark plug, cleaned the carb, replaced the wheel bearings, overhauled the gearbox and the brakes and did a full check of the electricals.
Speed.Demon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks