Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2019, 19:39   #61
BHPian

Re: TVS Apache RTR 200 or Yamaha FZ25?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejus.s View Post
Fellow enthusiasts, I know we digressed from the topic a little, but a quick update on the topic. I took delivery of my FZ25 (Warrior White) on 30th August. I will create a separate ownership thread as and when time permits.

Thank you all for your valuable feedback. Mods, please help close this thread or make appropriate edits so that fellow BHPians are not mislead. Thank you.
Hi Tejus,
Followed this thread and you made the right choice. Having ridden both back to back, the FZ is way ahead. It is more like the Palio 1.6 of yore.
Tall gearing, red lines in all gears. I weigh a massive 115 Kgs. It takes me to 95kmph in 3rd, 110 in 4th, 125 in 5th after which it runs out. A 6th gear would have helped. But the 3rd, 4th, 5th and upto 115 is sweet and picks up pace fast, I mean really fast. Enjoy.

Regards,
Kaustubh Vaze
kaustubh_vaze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2019, 12:51   #62
BHPian

I own a Yamaha FZS since September 2016. This bike is niggle and is fun to ride free except the failure of starter motor three months back. I wanted to buy RTR200 way back in September 2016 but the FI version with ABS was not available at that time.

Three weeks I had a fall on this bike at low speeds. My rear wheel got locked while braking at speeds between 20km/hr to 30km/hr. There was little bit of gravel on the road. I took it next day to Yamaha service centre as it was due to service and to access any damage. The service advisor while inspection said that chain was tight and rear wheel was not moving freely. I feel a little bit gravel and a tight chain would have contributed to my fall as rear wheel got locked.

I always wanted a bike with rear disc brakes and ABS. I am thinking of buying a Dominar or a KTM390 as I want same niggle free experience that I had with Yamaha. Is it a good move from 150cc to 390cc range? Budget is around 3 Lakhs INR.
Old 19th January 2019, 18:39   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst89 View Post
I always wanted a bike with rear disc brakes and ABS. I am thinking of buying a Dominar or a KTM390 as I want same niggle free experience that I had with Yamaha. Is it a good move from 150cc to 390cc range? Budget is around 3 Lakhs INR.
If a niggle-free experience is paramount among your requirements for a two wheeler, it is safer to go the Japanese way at the moment. Honda CBR250R is a tried and tested product that comes with rear disc brakes and ABS too. But if you feel it is a bit too old or dated, you can wait for the upcoming CB300R which would meet all your expectations and stay within your budget too.
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2019, 20:59   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
If a niggle-free experience is paramount among your requirements for a two wheeler, it is safer to go the Japanese way at the moment. Honda CBR250R is a tried and tested product that comes with rear disc brakes and ABS too. But if you feel it is a bit too old or dated, you can wait for the upcoming CB300R which would meet all your expectations and stay within your budget too.
Thanks for the recommendation of CB300R. I checked the images and specs. I need the pillow seat and it has a small fuel tank.
Let me test ride the 390cc bikes, KTM and Dominar to see if I am comfortable with them.

Last edited by rst89 : 19th January 2019 at 21:02. Reason: Added more info
Old 1st February 2020, 14:18   #65
BHPian

Hi Guys,

A fellow FZ25 owner here. Lately I have observed that service costs have grown exponentially. In fact, yearly paid service of my i20 and fz have been at par(2000 approx per service 6 months for FZ, 4300 for i20).

Parts quality is pathetic (busted fork oil seal once, leak from engine, disc brake fluid leaking from front disc to name a few). My unicorn has been much more reliable despite costing even half of the price.

Also, as per service advisors; front brake pads need to be changed at 8000 km mark. Mind you, i consider myself as a sane rider and never went above 80 km in past one year or so. Bike is just 3.75 years old.

Thinking of selling the bike and getting something more reliable from the other japanese sibling.

P.s. i have been riding disc brake equipped bikes since 13 years and never encountered brake pads change at such short mileage.
Old 1st February 2020, 17:13   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuri View Post
P.s. i have been riding disc brake equipped bikes since 13 years and never encountered brake pads change at such short mileage.
Depends on the compound used to construct the pads right? My front brake pads wear out every 4k kms on my RC390 albeit with aggressive riding. You might want to get a second opinion on the condition of your pads if you're so skeptical. At the end of the day, service is where manufacturers tend to make most of their money.
Old 1st February 2020, 17:34   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Depends on the compound used to construct the pads right? My front brake pads wear out every 4k kms
As per service centre's logic, oil from fork oil seal seeped into the front discs and damaged them.

Some oil has indeed entered the pads on visual inspection. Had no option but to change them. The quality of parts used has certainly come down.

Last edited by abhipuri : 1st February 2020 at 17:34. Reason: Correcting grammatical error

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks