Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2017, 08:00   #16

Re: India becomes Honda's largest 2-wheeler market in the world

Honda moved the developing world with the Honda Cub. Thats what it does. Point A-B transportation that's hassle and drama free. Honda products lack feel and verve, but boy are they reliable, like a good ol' Godrej fridge that quietly sits in a corner and does what it's supposed to do.
I'm not talking about HRC of course, their racing division. They have animals over there. Remember the Honda NSR500?
Old 28th August 2017, 21:08   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Honda products lack feel and verve, but boy are they reliable, like a good ol' Godrej fridge that quietly sits in a corner and does what it's supposed to do.
Exactly.
Quote:
They have animals over there.
Such beautiful wordings come only on Teambhp.

Last edited by theMAG : 29th August 2017 at 16:53. Reason: Editing to the maximum limit of 2 smileys per post.
Ashley Nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 01:49   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Nair View Post
Exactly.
Such beautiful wordings come only on Teambhp.
Thank you Mr. Nair. I am a Newbie here but it seems my kind of place..

Last edited by theMAG : 29th August 2017 at 16:54. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 30th August 2017, 15:22   #19
BHPian

Sales may be a different story but Honda 2 wheeler service sucks! They have massive volumes to service as well and clearly, they are faltering at this. I've tried many different service centers in South Bangalore and all of them have done a shoddy job. The vehicle has survived such shoddy jobs only because it's a Honda and its a reliable machine - that's all. Being charged for oil changes without having done it, not washing the vehicle after service, poor attitude / behavior of service staff in front of paying customers, adding jobs into the job card which were not requested for and charging for them, etc. are some of the things that I got fed up of and a point came where I decided to sell of both my Honda scooters due to such frustrating issues on giving the vehicle for service.

I'm a much happier person dealing with Suzuki and TVS Service centers now, who are comparatively more honest (they do the job mentioned on the card) and not create jobs out of thin air and charge people for it.
vsathyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 15:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourabhSuresh View Post
How can a product which is selling in volumes be obsolete or out of tune with customers aspirations? Isn't that contradictory?
Honda is in tune with the market, but not the motorcycle enthusiast market which won't bring in the volumes. Every model of Honda is being continuously upgraded after gauging the market needs religiously. Every QC is followed up in mission mode and made sure it won't happen again.
The recently opened new line in the Kolar plant caters exclusively to scooters and has Poka-Yoke for every mistake that has happened before. Those are significant quality improvements.
People buy them because of a phenomenon known as "herd Mentality" and not because they are supremely engineered products.

Even I have owned the Activa in the past, by following the herd.
And guess what, after having used it for over a year, I concluded that it's rivals are better in most of the aspects, most importantly in service.

The quality which Honda used to provide a decade back on it's offerings is not there any more.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks