Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2017, 14:42   #16
BHPian

Re: New Honda scooter spotted testing. EDIT: It's the Grazia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
I've ridden Honda bikes in Indonesia and looking at the 'ignition' written near the keyhole, it might be a fuel injected scooter (PGM-fi in Honda terms). The button is for opening the boot and can be pressed only when the key is in.
Looks good, might think of getting it
If it comes with Fuel Injection, we can expect the pricing to be well over 70K OTR.
Old 25th October 2017, 15:02   #17
BHPian

I was expecting a PCX 150 rather than this. I think we have now many scooters within same or similar specs will this be really a unique product?
vinukm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 15:18   #18
BHPian

How long will Honda keep releasing million variants of only piddly 100/110/125cc scooters?? High time they released a 250cc scooter since there is good market for these as well now. Looks like Even the Pcx150 which has been coming soon since 2-3 years has been dropped from the line up
Old 25th October 2017, 15:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

I don't think Honda India is capable to release PCX150 or likes of that. They are content with countless variations of Activa :(.
Old 25th October 2017, 15:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
I've ridden Honda bikes in Indonesia and looking at the 'ignition' written near the keyhole, it might be a fuel injected scooter (PGM-fi in Honda terms). The button is for opening the boot and can be pressed only when the key is in.
Looks good, might think of getting it
But then another post refers to the presence of a Choke ?
Old 25th October 2017, 20:40   #21
BHPian

Looks good. But one really important feature that I don't see here and expecting Honda to incorporate in their scooters is external fuel filling. It seriously is ridiculous to get up, open the seat and fill petrol every time. And if the gas station is crowded or if you have a pillion rider (old person??) well it makes it even more irritating

Almost all TVS scooters have it nowadays. Does providing this option involve a lot of cost? Come on Honda make your great scooters excellent with a small but extremely important and useful feature .
Nitthari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 22:38   #22
BHPian

I made a booking Got to know from the showroom that Grey, Blue, Black, Orange and Red are the color options. I've booked the Red version although I was considering Grey earlier (might change after looking at the scooter in person). Deliveries might begin first week of November (tentative).

No idea about pricing but I'm expecting a pricing similar to the Activa 125 - the current Activa 125 top end version (disc) retails at around 75k OTR Bangalore.
loki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 08:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

When I was at the Honda workshop yesterday to service my Activa, I enquired about the new scooter. Blank looks + mumbling excuses clearly told that even the dealers are still unaware of the new launch. But a known resource told that it going to be on the Dio lines with 125cc and positioned slightly higher than the Activa 125. Can't confirm the truth in the story.
Old 1st November 2017, 16:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Bookings for the new Honda Grazia opened on October 25, 2017 but Honda hadn't announced the launch date back then. Now, according to a media report, the Grazia will be launched on November 8, 2017.

While little is known about the Grazia, recent spy images have shed light on the new design and some of its features. It has a large V-shaped headlight fixed onto a dual-tone front cowl. It also gets silver trim around the instrument cluster that seems to have a digital readout in addition to an analogue dial. The Grazia will be offered with what looks like an enclosed charging port and a locking mechanism for the under-seat storage area.

Honda hasn't disclosed any technical details of the new scooter either. That said, some reports suggest that it might get the 124.9cc, single-cylinder engine from the Activa 125. This engine produces 8.52 BHP @ 6,500 rpm and 10.54 Nm of torque @ 5,000 rpm. The Grazia is likely to get larger diameter wheels in addition to telescopic front suspension and a front disc brake.

Source: NDTV

Link to Team-BHP News
Old 8th November 2017, 13:06   #25
BHPian

Grazia launched, starting at Rs 57,897 (ex-showroom, Delhi)

Honda has launched its new ‘Urban Advanced Scooter’ the Grazia, starting at Rs 57,897 (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the base Standard variant. Bookings for the new scooter, which comes with three trims in total, had begun on October 25, 2017.

The Grazia is Honda’s third new model of the four that the Japanese brand had said they would bring to India in 2017.

The scooter is styled to look like a premium entry and flaunts large, V-shaped headlight on its front apron, dominating its face. This segment-first all-LED headlight promises powerful illumination.

Honda will offer six colours at launch – a metallic orange, a gloss black, red, white, metallic grey and metallic blue.

The premium scooter gets a new instrument cluster with a digital readout, which includes a speedometer, trip meter, odometer, fuel gauge, clock and also a tachometer. The Grazia features a four-in-one lock as well, which includes a seat opener function. It also gets a unique utility pocket meant for mobile phones.

The front end gets a telescopic fork that leads to a 12-inch wheel, where braking duties are carried out by a 190mm disc on the top-spec Deluxe variant. The 12-inch front wheel is shod in 90/90 rubber while the 10-inch rear wheel gets a 90/100 tyre. The scooter also features Honda’s Combi-brake System.

The Grazia weighs 107kg and is powered by a BS-IV compliant 125 cc, single-cylinder HET engine that makes 8.6hp and 10.54Nm of torque, and is mated to a CVT. This is the same powertrain used on the Activa 125, and this makes it the second 125cc scooter in Honda’s existing line-up, the rest being sub-110cc machines. The fuel tank on the Grazia has a 5.3 litre capacity, which should translate to a decent range.

At this price point, the Honda Grazia will face off against the likes of the Suzuki Access 125, which carries a price tag starting at Rs 54,163.
Attached Thumbnails
New Honda scooter spotted testing. EDIT: It's the Grazia-screen-shot-20171108-1.04.38-pm.png  

New Honda scooter spotted testing. EDIT: It's the Grazia-screen-shot-20171108-1.04.32-pm.png  

New Honda scooter spotted testing. EDIT: It's the Grazia-screen-shot-20171108-1.04.47-pm.png  

New Honda scooter spotted testing. EDIT: It's the Grazia-screen-shot-20171108-1.04.59-pm.png  

Last edited by Avinash_R : 8th November 2017 at 13:10. Reason: Adding more pics
Avinash_R is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 15:21   #26
BHPian

It's a nice scooter. Like the all-digital instrument cluster and the glove box with mobile charging point. But agree with the point about the external fuel filling. Would have made this scooter superb.
Old 8th November 2017, 17:07   #27
BHPian

At this price point, Grazia goes into my shortlist for a scooter. Might end up taking a TD over the weekend.

So does anyone have the video of the Grazia literally "launching" off-stage during the launch? Not able to upload it as internet is slow at my end and also there's a bit of objectionable language towards the end of the video.

Last edited by sleepyhead148 : 8th November 2017 at 17:10. Reason: Addition of points
Old 9th November 2017, 17:24   #28
BHPian

It's priced Rs. 78,000 OTR, Mumbai for the top end variant with front disc brake
farhadtarapore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 13:25   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead148 View Post
So does anyone have the video of the Grazia literally "launching" off-stage during the launch? Not able to upload it as internet is slow at my end and also there's a bit of objectionable language towards the end of the video.

Here you go. I must have seen this over and over again and laughed my guts off. Good no one got injured.
Old 10th November 2017, 20:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

Happened to see it while I was walking by a dealer in Thane.
They were clueless about costs or did not want to reveal atleast, had just one piece there in the orange copper color.

Initially mistook for a Dio initially but then struck that it is the newly launched Grazia.

Looked nice overall but design lines quite like Dio, hit or miss funky character. Should be a good contender in the 125 cc.

The seat length bit more than Activa and the legroom too by about 3/4-1".

Could not take any photos as they were guarding it about the same.

Why Honda missed the Flasher/Pass switch and external fuel filter is beyond me when they so thoughtfully provided a dedicated button for the boot opening, not even needing to turn the key to open boot, but key needs to be in for this button to function. Boot also seemed decently spacious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
But then another post refers to the presence of a Choke ?
Courtesy blog.gaadikey.com

Right hand side handlebar has 2 facilities:
1. thin rod lever before brake lever to lock rear wheel, essentially brake lock when stationary for longer duration, pull out to lock, push in to unlock
2. choke lever below the handlebar switches

Last edited by parsh : 10th November 2017 at 20:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks