Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2017, 15:58   #1
Team-BHP Support

Bad News: Buy Hero bike, get free goat scheme stopped because of huge demand

Buy bike, get free goat: Unique scheme by Hero dealer called off due to excess demand
http://www.business-standard.com/art...0500405_1.html

Quote:
Setting a new benchmark when it comes to festival offers in automobile marketing, a Hero Motocorp dealer in Tamil Nadu's Sivaganga district has announced that he would give out one goat for every Hero two-wheeler sold during the four days from October 11 to 14. The offer has generated enormous interest from customers.

With a large number of inquiries coming in, the dealer called off the scheme since it would be difficult to procure enough goats within the timeframe.
Just imagine posing like this for Team-BHP review, with a Goat clinging on to your back

Bad News: Buy Hero bike, get free goat scheme stopped because of huge demand-img_4468_800.jpg
SmartCat is online now   (26) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 16:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Bad News: Buy Hero bike, get free goat scheme stopped because of huge demand

On first glance, I thought this was on the Jokes thread. But no. This is real.
A goat free with purchase of a bike! Seriously?

What next? A buffalo/Jersey Cow free on purchase of an Alto?
abhishek46 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 18:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

TN: Hero MotoCorp dealer calls off free goat on bike scheme

A Hero MotoCorp dealership in Tamil Nadu's Sivaganga district had announced a unique Diwali offer that became so popular that it had to be called off. Gayatri Motors in Ilayangudi had promised to give a goat free on every 2-wheeler sold during the four days of Diwali starting from October 11-14, 2017.

Bad News: Buy Hero bike, get free goat scheme stopped because of huge demand-heromotocorp.jpg

The dealership received a large number of inquiries and soon realized that obtaining enough goats in time would be difficult and hence decided to cancel the offer. According to the owner of the dealership, more than 100 inquiries were made on the first day following the announcement of the offer. Now, they are exploring other options and are likely to come up with another offer before Diwali.

Gayatri Motors is not the only dealer who is offering attractive goodies to its customers this festive season. It has been reported that some dealerships are even offering sofa sets in order to beat their competition. Meanwhile, dealers for TVS Motor haven't announced their Diwali offer yet.

Source: Business Standard

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 18:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: TN: Hero MotoCorp dealer calls off free goat on bike scheme

I all most fell of my chair reading this. Buy a Bike and get a Goat free! Sounds like something from the Borat movie.

On the other hand good way to gain some popularity! in Some Tier 2 -3 cities/Towns goats are a big deal.
Captain Slow is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 19:42   #5
BHPian

I would request people to respect life and not support such offers. He is basically saying buy a bike, kill a life. Seems disgusting for me.
airbender is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 20:28   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
I would request people to respect life and not support such offers. He is basically saying buy a bike, kill a life. Seems disgusting for me.
Hold your thoughts, buddy. It's a rural township, and with good agricultural economy. What stops the people buying these goats from not using them in their farms? The very nature of the offer reveals the economical background of the place.

That said - If the owners decide to eat, it's their choice as well. A large percentage of humans are non-vegetarians, but that's outside the scope of this thread.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 21:32   #7
BHPian

This is the funniest offer I have ever heard for a bike or car!
So the Harley dealers of that area can think about giving elephants with every Harley bikes they sell!
Since the goat is from Hero, I suppose it will give a high mileage (in terms of milk) and good resale value too.
Also to make the deal look more attractive, the dealer could have offered 3 free water-services for the goat too, along with the bike's free service.
VinodDevil81 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 21:50   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Hold your thoughts, buddy. It's a rural township, and with good agricultural economy. What stops the people buying these goats from not using them in their farms? The very nature of the offer reveals the economical background of the place.

That said - If the owners decide to eat, it's their choice as well. A large percentage of humans are non-vegetarians, but that's outside the scope of this thread.
First of all, I am not forcing anyone to do anything. Just putting out an idea. If people like it well and good.

People who use goats to farm are mostly from the economically poorer group. They are least expected to buy a bike for a goat. With these kind of offers, the dealer is also making the goat pricey for the goat farmers. Also, this is a festival offer. No god irrespective of which religion he belong would approve of taking an innocents life when you have other alternatives.

Livestock farming is the biggest contributor to green house gases. There are enough reasons not to kill an innocent being. Taking a innocent life cannot be celebratory.
airbender is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 22:09   #9
BHPian

Considering this goat was a Diwali special, it was definitely meant for the table. Diwali is celebrated here in Tamilnadu as one of the very few Hindu festivals on which non vegetarian food is served. Mutton Biryani is somehow synonymous with Diwali here. More so in small towns and villages.
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 22:16   #10
Team-BHP Support

Although the marketing idea was hatched at dealership level, this actually shows how deeply entrenched Hero Motocorp is in rural areas and why it is difficult to dislodge the company from No. 1 position. Despite Honda snapping at it heels, Hero Motocorp is still No.1 and growing at around 5 to 10% per annum. TVS has similar rural reach but is not present in geographically diverse areas. Plus their model line-up is not as strong as Hero's. Of course, Honda learn't most of the tricks when they were partners with Hero Group and is going full steam ahead in rural areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
Looks like this deal has really got your Goat.
SmartCat is online now   (33) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 22:21   #11
BHPian

This is a very good idea and all Hero dealers should offer some sort of cattle.
Finally, one can fill the bike and shut it then forget it as they always have the goat as a backup to ride on when the fuel runs out.
Doge is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 22:47   #12
Senior - BHPian

I am sure the same breed of goats will be used in various promotions just by painting their various body parts in different colours. They will be called Goat +, Goat deluxe, Goat pro etc. Same on the inside, colorful on the outside.

For vegetarian options, what would be the possible replacement that would be equal to a goat cost (7-8k?) and yet deliverable on the pillion seat? 50 KGs of paneer packed in goat shaped bags, maybe
ani_meher is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 22:51   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

For the customer segment it is aimed at this scheme makes perfect sense. In 1997 or so some tractor dealer in Haryana (Patudi taluka) had started a similar scheme - buy tractor get goat. It had got my older driver all lathered up and was the hot topic for a week in his village. In that pre-mobile phone era he would badger my wife to allow him to call home on STD to get the latest on the goat deal. It had me in splits.

The dealer had even tethered 5 or 6 goats to show the deal was for real. Sadly some one stole the goats one night.

I just adore this zeal for entrepreneurship in our country.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 5th October 2017 at 22:53.
V.Narayan is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 10:12   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I am sure the same breed of goats will be used in various promotions just by painting their various body parts in different colours. They will be called Goat +, Goat deluxe, Goat pro etc. Same on the inside, colorful on the outside.

For vegetarian options, what would be the possible replacement that would be equal to a goat cost (7-8k?) and yet deliverable on the pillion seat? 50 KGs of paneer packed in goat shaped bags, maybe
I wont be surprised, if animal welfare guys slap a notice to this dealer. This marketing gimmick could prove costly.

Secondly, the goat could be kept as a pet or for milk as well (provided it's not a male ), not necessarily for meat.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 13:22   #15
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bad News: Buy Hero bike, get free goat scheme stopped because of huge demand

Saving you guys some Googling...
Bad News: Buy Hero bike, get free goat scheme stopped because of huge demand-screenshot-20171006132016.png

Source
Rehaan is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks