Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2017, 10:54   #46
BHPian

re: The Suzuki 155cc Intruder. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 98,340

I had purchased Gixxer from the initial batches in 2014. While it is very low running (7K KM in three years), there is no doubt that it is an excellent machine. I love it every time I take it out.

Coming back to the so called Intruder, I have tried very very hard to make sense of it. It's a real product which is going to be on sale for around 1 Lac. And people are supposed to buy it even. I am just not able to come to terms with the fact.

Design wise, it's insane. Most likely, this bike is designed by same folks who designed the rear of the Ignis. There is absolutely no sense of proportions.

On the other hand, I also believe that this thing is going to ride pretty well. The Gixxer itself had class leading riding dynamics. The Intruder also should follow the suit. A few of my friends own the new Avenger and they share a positive feedback about the bike. I still think that the Intruder 150 should have much better riding dynamics compared to the Avenger.

So, despite the bike's looks, I'll still hold my horses. Despite whatever we feel, there are going to be a lot of young folks who would like the 'unique' 'design'. If it rides well, I think it just might turn out to be better than average seller for Suzuki.
atnyia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 11:17   #47
BHPian

Launch Almost confirmed now?? The Suzuki 155cc Intruder. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 98,340-suzuki150cccruiserlaunchteaser696x986.jpg CRYPTIC CUES??
Old 2nd November 2017, 12:03   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So dont be surprised if you see Intruder 150 owners being the most law abiding motorcyclists around!
Your assumption for India is wrong. It has nothing to do with abiding or breaking law. Its basically what you wear, if your headlights are glaring and if you have a camera on helmet. These are violations that get charged. Intruder rider carrying all these is simply an over kill.
VW2010 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 12:39   #49
BHPian

I think he meant it as a joke that the key hole being on the other side would mean the cops can easily pull the key out, which they do when they stop you
So you don't run away

On a serious note It being a Suzuki would mean great ride comfort and refinement, wasted with a 150cc.
If only had they put the 250 single in it, Would have made so much sense.

This (150cc) will find takers in India but looks half cooked.

https://www.zigwheels.com/newbikes/Suzuki/gixxer-250

This upcoming engine is what I mean, since they already have the engine slated for India.

- Slick

Last edited by Slick : 2nd November 2017 at 12:45. Reason: Added more
Slick is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 11:29   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

More pics of the SUZUKI Intruder!

The Suzuki 155cc Intruder. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 98,340-suzukiintruder150inimagesrearleftquarter.jpg
The Suzuki 155cc Intruder. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 98,340-suzukiintruder150inimagesfrontrightquarter.jpg
The Suzuki 155cc Intruder. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 98,340-suzukiintruder150inimagesheadlight.jpg

The Suzuki 155cc Intruder. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 98,340-suzukiintruder150inimagesexhaust.jpg

link

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th November 2017 at 11:31.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 11:40   #51
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm, this actually looks way better than I imagined. Suzuki is deliberately revealing bit by bit to build the hype.

This I feel will definitely cost more than 1.3L OTR in bangalore for the ABS trim and that is really in RE range

Just wondering how bad the vibrations will be because of all that dressing
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 15:29   #52
Senior - BHPian

Except the small engine, I think this looks decent.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 15:59   #53
Senior - BHPian

From a design point of view, this is the exact opposite of what a Japanese designer would ever dare to do to a 150cc engined motorcycle in Japan or in any of the developed countries. Why then do some of these international giants treat us Indians as idiots willing to lap up anything they offer?

Food for thought. Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 4th November 2017 at 16:04.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 17:39   #54
BHPian

This is a decent design, Suzuki shouldn't waste this opportunity to get into the 1.5-2L range segment;Could've easily competed with the classic 350,Dominar and Mojo.
glikithvinayaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 17:44   #55
BHPian

If the build quality is not as bad as the Yamaha Enticer (a true abomination in both looks and build quality), I am willing to stick my neck out and say this is going to sell very well (as long as it is not priced over the top).

It is styled like a bigger bike, and has an engine which is pretty smooth (hopefully, the same one in other 150 Gixxers)
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 19:39   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post

This I feel will definitely cost more than 1.3L OTR in bangalore for the ABS trim and that is really in RE range
It will be a big mistake if Suzuki prices it close to 1.5L. That's uncomfortably close to RE/Dominar territory and there is no way a 150cc option can compete. It's best bet is to be positioned in the entry level cruiser category competing with the Avenger. I don't think Suzuki will be particular about offering ABS on a 150cc bike (not sure if Gix has that option) and when it becomes mandatory, prices of all bikes will increase proportionately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
From a design point of view, this is the exact opposite of what a Japanese designer would ever dare to do to a 150cc engined motorcycle in Japan or in any of the developed countries. Why then do some of these international giants treat us Indians as idiots willing to lap up anything they offer?

Food for thought. Cheers...
Think what MSIL does in the 4W market in India, which is give the consumer exactly what they want (read soft plastics and fuel economy at the cost of build quality and safety features). At least in the domestic 2W market, big/brash/voluptuous/grotesque trumps design elegance and cutting edge technology and Suzuki knows this very well. An aspirational buyer on a budget is conscious about how eye catching his ride is and a bulky piece of machinery, regardless of how disproportionate it is, stands out. My hunch is that this will bring in decent numbers provided Suzuki prices it aggressively.

Last edited by hothatchaway : 4th November 2017 at 19:44.
Old 4th November 2017, 21:23   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's a video with the exhaust sound. The exhaust does have a cruiser like sound to it which might just do the trick.

Looks still remain polarising and I am not a huge fan of the overdone fuel tank.

vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 21:58   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
It will be a big mistake if Suzuki prices it close to 1.5L. That's uncomfortably close to RE/Dominar territory and there is no way a 150cc option can compete. It's best bet is to be positioned in the entry level cruiser category competing with the Avenger. I don't think Suzuki will be particular about offering ABS on a 150cc bike (not sure if Gix has that option) and when it becomes mandatory, prices of all bikes will increase proportionately.
Well I saw ABS in the scoop pics, appears like single channel. Definitely not suiting a cruiser bike which are not front heavy like the sport bikes

Gixxer sf with abs costs around 1.2L. this with all the extra padding will definitely cost more than SF and even if they price it so high, well avenger will still have no competition. Avenger 150 costs easily below 1L and even bigger 220cc avenger costs just around a lakh
Old 4th November 2017, 23:44   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post

This pricing would have made sense if Suzuki had brought in an engine bigger or equal to 250cc.
glikithvinayaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 16:26   #60
BHPian

Looks may be subjective but proportions are absolute, that rear is simply ugly. The rest of the bike though overdone is still acceptable.

Same alloys and skinny tires from the GSX. This is no Avenger killer, and most of the folks who will be interested in this won't know the Intruder lineage. This is soon going to be the Aayaabooshaa bike of the masses.

If Suzuki had a 250 mill in the pipeline, it would have a better choice. The 150 is a smooth engine no complaints there. This one makes the V15 look like a beauty.

Last edited by anand.shankar : 5th November 2017 at 16:27.
anand.shankar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks