Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 10th November 2017, 03:12   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Having said this, I hear a lot of positivity about Gixxer & this engine. I talked to a random owner who said he manages a 43 kmpl on highways on his Gixxer SF.
Hi swiftnfurious, I have a 2015 Gixxer which has run close to 20k kms. I regularly get 43-45 in city with a easy driving style in a thick traffic route. On the highway if we can keep the speedo in 60-80 range(which is highly impossible) I have got 55kmpl too. But the engine is so butter smooth, you won't realize doing speeds close to its redline at all. Absolutely minimal vibrations. You just have to drive to believe. The FZ V1 or even the V2 cannot hold a candle to the carbureted Gixxer, be it efficiency, in gear acceleration and even the refinement is equal to the FI'd FZV2.

Also IMHO, I think the Gixxer's engine with a superior torque is better suited for a wannabe cruiser than the rev happy low torque motor on the avenger. Most driving cruiers(I can say this as I have a TB 350 for 12yrs) would not prefer frequent gear changes and would want the motor to pull cleanly from low speed in higher gears. Which the Suzuki motor is a master of.
But Suzuki should have mated the 6 speed unit which was on the GS150R. That was a real gem. The 6th gear would have aided its cruising abilities further and made it even more efficient and stress free.

Last edited by swami.n : 10th November 2017 at 03:19.
swami.n is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2017, 23:32   #92
BHPian

Default Re: The Suzuki 155cc Intruder. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 98,340

Motorcycle is good, if we ignore underpowered engine, undersized tyres, and malnourished fork suspension. Oops, did I ignore everything in the motorcycle?
PetaWatt is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2017, 18:28   #93
BHPian

Revzilla unveils the worst of 2017.

Guess which bike made the very first entry?

Go on, guess.

https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...s-moto-turkeys
marcussantiago is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2017, 17:53   #94
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: The Best & Worst Advertisements on TV

Can an ad be more stupid than this one? Trying too hard to be cool, but ending up flat on its face.

GTO is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2017, 15:26   #95
BHPian

Suzuki Intruder 150, opened with a modest volume of 2,325 units in the November 2017 monthly sales. I think this is not bad considering the competition too are more or less having the same volume - Avenger 150 sold 3,508 units last month (down from an average of 5,500 - 6,000 units per month, but this may be an immediate impact of Intruder launch since Bajaj, on a whole, has been down in last month sales), Avenger 220 sold 2,874 units (down from an average of 4,750 - 5,000 units per month).

Suzuki's own Gixxer (Std + SF variants) sold only 3,739 units (down from an average of 5,000 - 5,250 units per month), may be Suzuki prioritized Intruder's launch over Gixxer.
jpcoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2017, 15:54   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Can an ad be more stupid than this one? Trying too hard to be cool, but ending up flat on its face.
I think they are competing with Hero for stupid ad of the year award! Suzuki needs good marketing brains for motorcycle advertising. It killed GS150 by almost zero ads, and on the same path by such 'dare' ads for new product.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 13:28   #97
Senior - BHPian

I managed to get a good look at the intruder today, an absolute triumph of style over substance. Too many details on the bike, looked like they simply couldnt stop adding bits to it.

In some ways, the overstyled body over the narrow frame reminded me of something like this :

The Suzuki 155cc Intruder. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 98,340-sargambrassbandghatkoparwestmumbaibrassbandsqslp3m.jpg

No offence meant to Suzuki Intruder owners on the forum.
sajo is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 13:34   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can an ad be more stupid than this one? Trying too hard to be cool, but ending up flat on its face. ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I think they are competing with Hero for stupid ad of the year award! Suzuki needs good marketing brains for motorcycle advertising. It killed GS150 by almost zero ads, and on the same path by such 'dare' ads for new product.
And the winner of the AKKCH award for 2017 goes to:

Name:  meme1.jpg
Views: 1646
Size:  32.7 KB

Suzuki Intruder!

We dare indeed!

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 13:50   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
Suzuki Intruder 150, opened with a modest volume of 2,325 units in the November 2017 monthly sales. I think this is not bad considering the competition too are more or less having the same volume - Avenger 150 sold 3,508 units last month (down from an average of 5,500 - 6,000 units per month, but this may be an immediate impact of Intruder launch since Bajaj, on a whole, has been down in last month sales), Avenger 220 sold 2,874 units (down from an average of 4,750 - 5,000 units per month).

Suzuki's own Gixxer (Std + SF variants) sold only 3,739 units (down from an average of 5,000 - 5,250 units per month), may be Suzuki prioritized Intruder's launch over Gixxer.
The Intruder sales figures came as a surprise to me. They actually managed to sell that many! IMO must be mostly rural purchases (just like the Bajaj V, they sell like crazy upcountry.) And that TV ad is awful! What were they thinking??
naturaldisaster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 13:59   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
The Intruder sales figures came as a surprise to me. They actually managed to sell that many! IMO must be mostly rural purchases (just like the Bajaj V, they sell like crazy upcountry.)
The big difference is that Bajaj V is actually a very decent bike. I took a look at the Intruder at a showroom near my work - it looks like some Chinese mod job!
timuseravan is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 14:06   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let me take an attempt to understand what the ad says.

1) You need ABS to stop when your bike is very slow and some one is asking for lift on the other side of the road
2) People smile at the bike or was it laugh at its gaudy design. Dont know which but pretty sure everyone had a silly smirk on their face
3) It rides as fast as school kids running next to them
4) More people join as a group ride and now that ride has slowed down to speeds only cycles can compete

Very poorly made ad to show strengths of the bike.(I still think it has some strength). The last time an uncle lowered his window he gave a mouthful to me as he was pissed at smoke spitting bullet of mine.

Last edited by VW2010 : 4th January 2018 at 14:07.
VW2010 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 23:42   #102
BHPian

Quote:

Also, anyone else notice that you don't hear any exhaust note in the ad? Seriously, watch it again. At no point is an engine heard.

Presumably this is because no amount of engineering can make an anemic 150cc sound anything even remotely cruiser-like or cruiser-worthy... much like you cannot make a mosquito buzz sound like a lion roaring.

It's like the ad firm had no idea what motorcycle clubs and culture are all about. So their research consisted of finding an auto-rickshaw driver and making him watch two episodes of Sons of Anarchy. He then explained it to someone else, who then passed on the message through a very large and long game of Chinese whispers, passed through Google translate through two-dozen randomly chosen languages and back again, and the final message delivered to the team in charge of making the commercial.

Which makes sense. An ad that has no idea what cruisers are all about, to advertise a bike created by a team that has no idea what cruisers are all about either. It's oddly fitting.
marcussantiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2018, 01:17   #103
BHPian

After seeing intruder and taking a test drive, i have started liking avenger
I am sure launch of intruder will push (UP) Avenger sales.
BayB is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2018, 05:34   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
No offence meant to Suzuki Intruder owners on the forum.
I wish that guy from Pune who beat a vlogger (for criticizing his bike with obscene words) buys this bike. He will certainly get tired.

Very apt comparison of this oversized chariot with this bike. Never seen so much plastic on such a small bike.
GutsyGibbon is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2018, 17:52   #105
BHPian

Suzuki Intruder has old 3,272 units in the month of December 2017 and that's more than what Avenger 150 (2,891 units), Avenger 220 (720 units) and their own Gixxer + SF (1,756 units) sold in the same month. Seems to me a good number considering the competition, not the stupid Ad withstanding.
jpcoolguy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote