Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2017, 12:20   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Suzuki 155cc Intruder. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 98,340

Bikeadvice.in says their birdie leaked the price of intruder. Rs. 98000 ex-showroom! High if you ask me!
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 12:45   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Bikeadvice.in says their birdie leaked the price of intruder. Rs. 98000 ex-showroom! High if you ask me!
Avenger 220 retails for 90K Ex showroom.
Vignesh_N/A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 13:04   #63
BHPian

Yes,
Launched @ Rs98340/- Ex. Delhi

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/suzuki-in...atures-1772031

http://www.news18.com/news/auto/suzu...s-1569455.html

Power - 14.8 PS
Torque - 14 NM
Fuel tank - 11 litres

Comparo -
Bajaj Avenger 150 @ Rs 81,459 and Avenger 220 @ Rs 89,690

- Slick
Slick is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 13:24   #64
Senior - BHPian

IF this is Suzuki's idea of a joke, then they have a really warped sense of humour. God! that thing is ugly, disproportionate, and down right hideous. Why on earth would anyone buy this over the FZ-16?
himanshugoswami is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 14:16   #65
Senior - BHPian

The reviews are up really fast:

Battery is only 3AH. So no HIDs?
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 14:52   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Intruder 150 : First Ride - PowerDrift

volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 15:15   #67
BHPian

Suzuki Intruder Launched ; Priced At ₹ 98,340

So finally, they let the cat out of the bag. Pricing seems to be on the higher side for additional plastics (roughly 20% more than 150 Avenger), good thing is that the ride comes with ABS & Japanese quality/reliability.

A dedicated webpage is already live on Suzuki Motorcycle's India website.

https://www.suzukimotorcycle.co.in/product/intruder

Images from suzuki's official website.

@ Mods:- This post might seem repetitive & can be deleted as was posted along with few other posts with similar information at almost same time.
Attached Thumbnails
The Suzuki 155cc Intruder. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 98,340-blackangle1amitmin.jpg  

The Suzuki 155cc Intruder. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 98,340-newshutterstock_412640953leaflebackfinalmin.jpg  

Last edited by mantrig : 7th November 2017 at 15:22.
mantrig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 15:58   #68
BHPian

Scene: Alleyway outside Suzuki HQ with plastic furniture, because Suzuki can't be bothered spending money on a conference room, because this is India and they think all we want is cheap stuff.

Cast: The Suzuki India CEO / Boss, several designers, the head of design for Suzuki, an accountant, and a janitor emptying the day's garbage and piles of letters from Suzuki's many "suggestion boxes" installed all over their office.

Suzuki Boss: Okay, guys, the Indian market is expanding, the middle class has more disposable income than ever before, and people want to travel and ride bikes for pleasure. So... how do we get Suzuki in on this?

Suzuki Head of Design: Based on the Harley Street, there's clearly an underserved market for a bike that is big enough to give you some fun, but not so big and huge that it's impractical for daily use. I mean, there's a great untapped market here. Even Bajaj is putting out bigger bikes, KTM is wiping the floor with everyone else. There's even a brand-new company that only makes mid-size cruisers, those UM weirdos who keep reminding everyone they're more American than pick-up trucks and obesity. So, the solution is obvious. Let's just put out a sensible, middle-of-the-road cruiser, say 500 to 750cc. It's not even that difficult, Suzuki has all sorts of mid-range bikes and cruisers that we sell internationally, like the 800cc Suzuki Boulevard, the 500cc--

While the Head of Design is still speaking, the Boss pulls out a gun and shoots the head of design multiple times, who is blown off his plastic chair. He then walks over to the designer's twitching body and shoots it a few more times.

Janitor (while mopping the floor around the designer's body): Why not just take a pathetic, tiny engine from a moped or a lawn mower, and bolt it onto the frame of a cruiser? Cheapest and best. It will give good average also.

Suzuki Boss (dumbstruck, wide-eyed in shock, in tears, barely able to speak between great sobs): Oh my god, you are a genius. I'm hereby promoting you to head of design with immediate effect.

Janitor: But saarji, I haven't finished dumping the garbage.

Suzuki Boss (while trying to shoot himself, only to find he's out of bullets): I don't care.

Janitor: Also, what if we make the bike look as butt-ugly as possible? Lots of plastic fairing and body panels that will make it look like, I don't know, maybe like it's dying of cancer and is swollen up with numerous giant tumors. And we'll also give it less power than the Avenger, which is already much smaller and lighter. This way it will be so slow, it won't get anyone in trouble, there will never be an accident because it won't be able to overtake any scooter, auto, or a dog with a broken leg, etc.

Suzuki Boss (while climbing into the nearest garbage dumpster, sobbing with joy): You are a genius. I hereby resign, effective immediately.

Suzuki Boss' personal secretary (from an open office window above them): Sorry to interrupt, sir, but your wife is on line 2, asking when you will be home.

Suzuki Boss (Now speaking from deep inside the now-closed garbage dumpster): Tell her I'm already home. This is where I live now. Also, as soon as she sees the 150cc Intruder on the streets and realize the great sin I have committed against the motorcycle industry and the great dishonor I have brought upon both our families, she will wish to commence divorce proceedings immediately. Clearly, I am a genius. But not as big a genius as our new head of design.

Janitor (picking his nose, bored): Does this mean I get a raise?

Suzuki junior designer (looking around the table at others): Should... should we call the police?

Suzuki marketing head (furiously typing on his Blackberry): No, Naukri dot com. Hopefully Honda needs more key decision-making people with absolutely terrible ideas because they have even fewer ideas than we do.

Suzuki accountant (Shouting into the garbage dumpster): Sir? Sir? Is there any room in the dumpster for me, sir?

Suzuki Boss: (Laughing deliriously at himself): Ha ha, I'm a genius. I genius I tell you. (Incoherent babbling)

/end scene

Last edited by marcussantiago : 7th November 2017 at 16:00.
marcussantiago is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 16:07   #69

Intruder is now officially launched at 98340 ex-Delhi

https://www.suzukimotorcycle.co.in/product/intruder

Looks like a mashup of retro and peeelaaastic works
Old 7th November 2017, 16:34   #70
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Intruder Launched ; Priced At ₹ 98,340

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
So finally, they let the cat out of the bag.
Hopefully they'll soon put it back in the bag if they have any sense.
marcussantiago is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 16:37   #71
Senior - BHPian

Was curious to know the changes that Suzuki did to the original Gixxer platform to make it a cruiser. This is what the Suzuki website spec sheets say.

The Suzuki 155cc Intruder. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 98,340-1.jpg
The Suzuki 155cc Intruder. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 98,340-2.jpg
The Suzuki 155cc Intruder. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 98,340-3.jpg

Facts:

(1) No change in the engine tuning from street bike to cruiser. Same power and torque figures coming in at the same RPMs.

(2) Intruder's seat height is 40 mm less, but the Gixxer's ground clearance is lower by 10 mm. Wonder why.

(3) Intruder which is supposed to have a better range for cruising can hold a liter less of fuel than the Gixxer. Moreover, the overall F.E. of the Intruder must be lower on account of the additional 13 kg of plastic bits.

(4) Intruder uses the same specification battery, but loses the kick-start.

(5) Chassis seems to be untouched (except for a slightly longer swing-arm, and hence longer wheel-base), as it retains the suspension, tyres and brakes.

(6) Addition of ABS is welcome, but it is only a matter of time before the Gixxer gets it as well.

(7) Ignition key slot seems to be an after-thought.

(8) Styling is a subjective topic, but I believe the Intruder looks very disproportionate and the excessive plastic bits may not last the distance in Indian riding conditions. Personally, I wouldn't want to be seen on one.

Final thoughts: The Intruder 150 looks like a half-hearted, half-baked attempt from Suzuki who are clearly capable of much better. I wish they did not take this short-cut.

If I were Suzuki, I would lose all that plastic, put in a bigger tank worthy of a cruiser (15 liters or so), add bigger tyres (most low-end cruisers are bought for their looks anyway) and a simple, straight exhaust.

PS: Even the spec sheet is not properly written with tyre sizes as 100/80-70 instead of 100/80-17.
Viju is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 16:58   #72
Senior - BHPian

Its eat my humble pie time for me as i think it looks good on road, fairly priced and will actually be an attractive option for many potential buyers.

The 150cc may be the only catch in this age and era where 250's are getting to be first bike for many.

I think this bike will actually sell numbers.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 17:14   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
I think this bike will actually sell numbers.
Which will further validate what Suzuki thinks of us Indians!

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 18:13   #74
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki 155 cc Intruder launched at Rs. 98,340

Suzuki has launched the 155 cc Intruder in India at a price of Rs. 98,340 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

The Suzuki 155cc Intruder. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 98,340-intruder-1553.jpg

The cruiser styled motorcycle measures 2,130 mm in length, 805 mm in width and 1,095 mm in height, while the seat height is 740 mm. At 1,405 mm, the Intruder has a longer wheelbase compared to the Gixxer. The kerb weight of the bike is 148 kg and it has a 11-litre fuel tank.

The Suzuki 155cc Intruder. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 98,340-intruder-1551.jpg

The design of the 155 cc Intruder is heavily inspired by the larger Intruder M800 and M1800R cruiser bikes. The headlamp comes with an integrated LED position lamp. The side fairing wraps around the fuel tank to form a single unit. The additional trim around the handle bar houses a digital instrument panel. Moving to the rear, the bike features a V-shaped twin exhaust with chrome tips. It also gets an LED tail lamp.

The Suzuki 155cc Intruder. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 98,340-intruder-1552.jpg

The Intruder is powered by a 154.9 cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine borrowed from the Gixxer. This unit produces 14.6 BHP @ 8,000 rpm and 14 Nm of torque @ 6,000 rpm. The engine is paired to a 5-speed transmission. The bike features conventional telescopic front suspension and a monoshock at the rear. It gets disc brakes at both ends while ABS is part of the standard package.

The Suzuki 155cc Intruder. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 98,340-blackangle1amitmin.jpg

The 155 cc Intruder is available in two dual-tone colour options – Metallic Oort/Metallic Matt Black No 2, and Glass Sparkle Black/Metallic Matt Titanium Silver.

The Suzuki 155cc Intruder. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 98,340-greyangle1amitmin.jpg
The Suzuki 155cc Intruder. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 98,340-campaignver4amitmin.jpg
The Suzuki 155cc Intruder. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 98,340-newshutterstock_412640953leaflebackfinalmin.jpg
The Suzuki 155cc Intruder. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 98,340-tankflowmin.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 7th November 2017 at 18:14.
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 18:23   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

what an ugly looking bike. Only consolation Suzuki has it that they developed and tested this pretty discreetly, don't think there were any leaks.

TVS akula on other hand!!
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks