Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2018, 11:19   #241
Senior - BHPian

re: Royal Enfield unveils Interceptor & Continental 650 with new twin-cylinder engine. EDIT : Launched

The bike has very little character of its own. Has very timid road presence, poor exhaust note (as mentioned above), ordinary riding posture, mediocre performance figures. I dont see any reason it will sell apart from the RE logo. I would prefer a Classic with ABS over this anyday.
Old 19th March 2018, 14:54   #242
BHPian

re: Royal Enfield unveils Interceptor & Continental 650 with new twin-cylinder engine. EDIT : Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I was unable to find a relation actually. They are talking about AUD 10,000 & AUD 10,390 for the Interceptor and the GT, however a Yamaha R3 retails for around AUD 7,500. But we have a CKD structure, which I don't think Australia has.

PS: I am not sure how this dealer in Australia is so sure about the pricing while the rest of the world is still speculating
Well, i calculated based on the price of Himalayan (AD 5990) and Classic (AD 6599 ) and their price in India (Rs 1,60,000/- and Rs. 1,80,000).
rascalangel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 17:57   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascalangel View Post
Well, i calculated based on the price of Himalayan (AD 5990) and Classic (AD 6599 ) and their price in India (Rs 1,60,000/- and Rs. 1,80,000).
Whoa, that's a far more reliable way to arrive at the Interceptor's cost. Why I failed to check the price of Himalayan in Australia is beyond me

So yes, 2.75 lakhs ex-showroom is what we can expect, and that is a rather tempting figure for a 650cc twin!
Old 22nd March 2018, 16:55   #244
Senior - BHPian

Don't know the source, as per TOI, the 650cc twins will be priced closed to 3.5 lacs.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/63412299.cms

Quote:
The upcoming Royal Enfield bikes are not expected to cross the Rs 3.5 lakh price barrier, and even if it happens, they will still be way cheaper than their respective competitions.
Old 22nd March 2018, 17:07   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Don't know the source, as per TOI, the 650cc twins will be priced closed to 3.5 lacs.
Had read this quoted article few hours ago. The source for this information appears the same video from Australia where dealer mentions price as AUD 10k. This was mentioned in the article and even calculations done here were mentioned. However, the article now seems to be edited and reference to that part has been deleted. My guess is that Times of India read about this on Team-bhp and created a news article out of it.
ksameer1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 10:39   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
My guess is that Times of India read about this on Team-bhp and created a news article out of it.
Once that video was posted on T-BHP, there have been numerous articles about the bikes. Most articles claim that the bike exports to Australia has begun and the pricing has been confirmed and what not!

True fact - this Interceptor in Baker's Express colour and that black & grey Continental GT were on display in Australia towards the end of last year itself. And there even was an open invite from this dealer in Australia to visit and check-out these bikes, and one could also sit on and experience the bikes - as per the invite. And this invitation was open till about end of February (IIRC Feb 23rd)

So this video might have been shot much earlier, towards the end of February itself, but because we had tha shared on our page here, it has become breaking news with too many flase claims and data. Now these online news makers welcomed this with open arms, as they fight with one another with click-bait titles and repetitive article fillers (same old 649 cc with 47 PS spec sheet info, same old unveiled in Milan, inspired by history blah-blah-blah!) to get more views and subscription. Poor state of journalism!
Old 23rd March 2018, 12:16   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon74 View Post
A better, more in depth look at the twins by the Aussie YouTuber - Dangar Motorcycling:

https://Youtu.be/ZFvmSabCwvY

PS. His channel has some really DIY videos for the Himalayan owners.
This video link has been updated by the YouTuber to:

rideon74 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2018, 15:46   #248
BANNED

Royal Enfield 650 Twins Price Announced In Australia, Exports Commence

Saw this in the in-box just now :

Royal Enfield 650 Twins Price Announced In Australia, Exports Commence

"The Royal Enfield bikes India has been waiting for are still some months away from launch but the company has already started exporting them to Australia. The Continental GT 650 and the Interceptor 650, however, are being exported only for display purpose and the prices announced are tentative. The Interceptor 650 is priced at 10,000 Australian dollars (approximately Rs. 5 lakhs) while the Continental GT 650 costs 10,400 Australian dollars (approximately Rs. 5.2 lakhs).

Both the motorcycles are being exported from the automaker’s Chennai plant and are expected to be launched in India sometime after April 2018. Royal Enfield has remained tight-lipped about the bike’s launch timeline till now. Both the bikes are expected to be priced under the Rs. 3.5 to 4 lakhs mark thereby significantly under-cutting the rival Harley-Davidson Street 750.

While the Interceptor 650 dons the form of a classic street bike, the Continental GT 650 is a traditional cafe racer. Both the motorcycles come powered by a 648cc parallel-twin, air and oil-cooled, fuel-injected engine that produces 47 BHP of power and 52 Nm of torque. The motor comes mated to a 6-speed gearbox.

NB-Mods, if this has appeared in another thread, please delete
Attached Thumbnails
The Royal Enfield Interceptor & Continental 650. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 2.50 - 2.65 lakhs-royalenfieldinterceptor650review.jpg  

Last edited by shashanka : 24th March 2018 at 15:47.
shashanka is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th March 2018, 18:22   #249
Senior - BHPian

I find the flat seat on the Interceptor to be very boring to look at and I also feel it waters the overall look down a notch. So just a wild imagination - Interceptor with contoured and much more comfortable seats and also with bold looking gold-coloured USD forks st the front -

The Royal Enfield Interceptor & Continental 650. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 2.50 - 2.65 lakhs-interceptorchromespectre1e.jpg

A much more simple mod with alloys being added to the Interceptor. Alloys looted from the Street twin

The Royal Enfield Interceptor & Continental 650. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 2.50 - 2.65 lakhs-interceptorravishingred3.jpg
aravind.anand is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 25th March 2018, 19:23   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I find the flat seat on the Interceptor to be very boring to look at and I also feel it waters the overall look down a notch. So just a wild imagination - Interceptor with contoured and much more comfortable seats and also with bold looking gold-coloured USD forks st the front -

Attachment 1745264

A much more simple mod with alloys being added to the Interceptor. Alloys looted from the Street twin

Attachment 1745265

Spot on! Agreed the flat seat did look quite staid. You've added just the right touches to the seating. Love the rest of the changes too. Great work!
rideon74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 12:15   #251
BHPian

@aravind.anand
You just designed InterceptorX for Royal Enfiled

I am really hoping they come up with an alloy wheel variant as well.
timuseravan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 14:26   #252
BHPian

Interceptor UK pricing

Royal Enfield

Financial Times on the new interceptor and gt

GBP 5995

https://howtospendit.ft.com/vehicles...tro-motorbikes
gautam99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 14:28   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
The bike has very little character of its own. Has very timid road presence, poor exhaust note (as mentioned above), ordinary riding posture, mediocre performance figures. I dont see any reason it will sell apart from the RE logo. I would prefer a Classic with ABS over this anyday.
I am surprised by your comments, have you already had a chance to ride the bike?
sausi007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 15:56   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sausi007 View Post
I am surprised by your comments, have you already had a chance to ride the bike?
I had the same question too. I suppose his judgement is based on photos and images on the internet, the recent spy images of the bike and past experience with the RE brand along with prejudice.

If you visit mouthshut website, you will find hundreds of reviews for this bike that has not been launched yet!
aravind.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 07:39   #255
Senior - BHPian

^^ I don't think he has mentioned anything that needs a test ride. Let's see:

- Timid road presence (pictures, YouTube)
- exhaust note (YouTube)
- riding posture
- Performance figures (not actual performance)

Am I missing something? And believe me, RE fanboys are much worse than RE critics. At least the latter speak with some experience and numbers. How does one have a meaningful discussion when all arguments are centred around the bike's soul?!
Urban_Nomad is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed