Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2018, 12:50   #376
Senior - BHPian

re: Royal Enfield unveils Interceptor & Continental 650 with new twin-cylinder engine. EDIT : Launched

Ride reports tricking in;

This one is from Autocar with the technical specifications mentioned.

https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-re...st-ride-409817
tharian is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 13:34   #377
Senior - BHPian

re: Royal Enfield unveils Interceptor & Continental 650 with new twin-cylinder engine. EDIT : Launched

Followed by Overdrive's version-
http://overdrive.in/reviews/2018-roy...t-ride-review/
rakesh_r is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 14:25   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Only worry from the looks of it is that those pipes are sticking out which will lead to some dents and scratches on it.
These silencers look bulkier than the ones seen on the earlier images. They had a machine finished look rather than the shiny ones we see right now. They looked more compact and neatly integrated as well.
Old 25th September 2018, 14:26   #379
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful exhaust note. Though i dont have any plans of riding, still tempted to bring home this interceptor 650 just for enjoying the short weekend morning rides.

Eagerly waiting for the pricing details. OTR anywhere around 3.5L might just work for me
Old 25th September 2018, 15:06   #380
BHPian

All reviews are very positive and tempting.
But I am reminded of similar reviews and tweets from Shimla for the Himalayan.

I hope they are not biased (Reviewers got all expenses paid trip to US?)

Interceptor to me is the most aesthetically pleasing motorcycle within 5-6 lakhs. If reviews are true, I too badly want one
vikramvicky1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 15:06   #381
BHPian

When will these be officially launched in India?? Any guesses on the OTR price Bangalore?? One of my friend is willing to upgrade from his TB350.
Old 25th September 2018, 15:26   #382
Team-BHP Support

First Impressions - Overdrive.

First Impressions - AutoX.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 25th September 2018 at 15:28.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 16:06   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
When will these be officially launched in India?? Any guesses on the OTR price Bangalore?? One of my friend is willing to upgrade from his TB350.
Those are the biggest questions among RE owners right now. They'll launch it officially tomorrow in California. So, price in US should ideally be revealed. Although it doesn't give exact price in India, we might get a better idea. And twins might be launched in India by mid November as per rumors.

As it stands, people in India are speculating INT650 to be anywhere around 3-4L ex showroom. Sid Lal also mentioned that he expects a lot of Classic owners to upgrade, so I'm guessing it's more towards 3L than 4L. Given India is a price sensitive market and 95% of Enfields are sold here, it's very important for RE to be spot on with their launch price.

Also, because its service interval is 10k kms, I feel there won't be much difference in maintaining a Classic/TB-350 and INT/GT-650

Last edited by LazyGunner : 25th September 2018 at 16:07.
LazyGunner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 16:17   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
First Impressions - Overdrive.

Watched it with bated breath. Got excited and heaved a huge sigh of relief. Then realised the truth will reveal itself only after actual user feedback in the next couple of quarters.
Old 25th September 2018, 16:22   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quite like Shumi's (Overdrive) first ride impressions. He mentioned that the bike cruises between 4-5K RPM between 100 - 120 KMPH. That makes for cruising very effortless.
This is the first Royal Enfield bike that is piquing my curiosity. Will surely take an test ride when it's available. Now for the pricing...
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 16:23   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

First Impressions - AutoX.
What does he mean by "This is not the finished product, RE says there will be some changes when it's launched in India"? What changes they might be doing after the global launch?

I thought it was going to be same spec for both India and abroad unlike Classics and Himalayans(?) which have domestic and export models?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th September 2018 at 19:41. Reason: video link removed
LazyGunner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 17:49   #387
BHPian

The reviews seem positive so far. Undoubtedly, we would have to wait for user feedback to get a more balanced picture. But it does seem like RE finally has a very good engine in its stable.
The success of this engine (reasonably well powered & technologically not antiquated) could very well propel RE into the big league globally.

For e.g., if the next version of the Himalayan is sold with the 650cc twin, it will be a real game changer in the adventure category . Even enthusiasts might consider picking a 650cc REH over the Versys/V-Strom/KTM Adv. Of course, all this hinges heavily on RE giving equal importance to quality.

Only time will tell whether this is a hit or miss.Nevertheless,credit to RE for showing ambition.
Old 25th September 2018, 17:56   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyGunner View Post
"This is not the finished product, RE says there will be some changes when it's launched in India"?
Does that mean, more waiting for the enthusiasts in India to see this beauty launched? They have been testing the prototypes for a while now. If they are planning a different calibration/specs for Indian customers, does that also mean that the one we have been spotting in India is different from what has launched?

Reports of 47 BHP and 160kmph top speed they have claimed is not going to be for the bikes we will get? That is sad.
Old 25th September 2018, 18:10   #389
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyGunner View Post
"This is not the finished product, RE says there will be some changes when it's launched in India"?
I wouldn't think too much about it.

To me, it reads as - 'Please don't write negatives at this stage. If you feel anything negetive, tell us - we'll try to work on it'.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 19:12   #390
BHPian

Quote:
And twins might be launched in India by mid-November as per rumors
Royal Enfield might do it in the Rider Mania, which is happening Mid November (16-18 November) as it did last year with the unveiling of the Twins in India. Nobody wants to miss such a gathering of enthusiasts for their much-anticipated product launch.
TangoSierra is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks